Womens Running

Merry Monday DIVAS (Read 14 times)

MA runner girl

Maybe if I fake it, I can be positive about Monday? Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: 22 miles last week! Friday I did 8 miles in 72 min. And last night I did 5 miles with 4X800 and they were all around 3:55. Looking forward to a 5k in 2 weeks, assuming DH, or someone, can watch C. Rest day today. My back is sore. Other than that I feel fine though.

NRR: Had a good weekend, but it went by too fast as usual! C continues to not sleep well, though last night was better. He is 4 months on Friday! We have a ped appt on Friday morning too, i'm excited to see where he's at after 2 months of no appts! So not excited for the work week...

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

OJewel

Morning!

MA- you are doing great with your running! Very impressive. I hope work flies by for you!

RR- slow 15 yesterday. It was humid. Today is a rest day - after running the 5k course to check sign placement, walking it once putting out the signs, and 15 yesterday, I need a break. 5k went well though and we made 2k for my friends charity she works for, so it was great!

NRR - just working and hopefully early bedtime. I'm tired still. I took Friday off so DBF and I could go upstate for the weekend. I rented a little cottage in the woods with a hot tub, zen garden, outdoor shower, and I can't wait!

Have a great day.

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

RR: heading to the gym tonight for a run probably 4 miles

NRR: Ugh. Last night I got home at 10 p.m from my parents. I was so looking forward to crawling into bed and watching TV. However, I came home to a fallen ceiling tile in my bathroom. It broke in about 10 pieces and there is dust and dirt all over. Now I have to call my landlord and have him come over and replace it.

Working today, tomorrow and Friday. Working with a 21 year old man with Autism. A friend of time is Director of Admissions at a local private school for adults with developmental disabilities and Autism. They have a summer program and I'm filling in as an aide for this young man a few hours this week. Working from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. today. So excited. I've never worked with adults before. Smile

MA: When is your 5K? If I am around, I'd be more than happy to come down and watch C for you. Smile

OJewel: Your upcoming weekend sounds amazing! Enjoy!

MA runner girl

Jewel - Oh your weekend sounds so lovely! I haven't had a date with DH since May... I wish we could do something like that! Great job getting the 15 done.

RLTW - It's 8/10, so you'll be in NY! It is the Yankee Candle 5k RIGHT by your house though. OMG bummer on the ceiling tile! Hope it get's fixed and cleaned up ASAP.

melrunner

Good Morning girls! Happy Monday. Not!!!

Jewel, great job with your 15 miler. Your weekend plans sounds so zen like and amazing!

RLTW how cool you'll be helping adults this week!

MA, You speedy girl! I can't believe C is almost 4 months! Time does fly!!!

TriR, rest day today. C and I did a triathlon yesterday. .7 mile swim, 21 mile bike ans 6 mile run. I was happy with my swim (30 min) but I thought I had averaged 19MPH on bike and I was only 18.2. Run very slow since my PF flared up a bit so I walked more than I ran.ihave to focus on my bigger goal which is IM Florida!

NtriR, birthday dinner was awesome! I got new shoes, new cycling shoes, new gloves, a purse, clothes, money, and tickets to go see Slava !! So excited for my massage tomorrow.

Have a great day ladies!!!!

lizo_77

Hi Ladies!

RR: Nothing yet today, but 5 miles on saturday morning around the lake at M's parents place. then another 4 miles around the lake with M. So 9 miles saturday, and they felt pretty good. Sunday, weights and 1 mile. today.... maybe 3 after work I'm thinking.

NRR: work. deadline. trip on wednesday/ thursday to Rapid City for work. all for the same project.  Other than that. the weekend was great. M and I went up to the lake for the night for some fishing and golfing. M went out fishing twice and not even a bite. the weather was cold here over the weekend (like 50s and 60s) so we're thinking the fish were totally traumatized by that. Smile Anyway, he and his dad went fishing and his mom and I went golfing. We both suck so it wasn't so bad. haha.

MA: hang in there as you start your week! hope the appt goes well for C on Friday! that's so cool he's already turning 4 months! Way to go on those workouts!

jewel: nice work on the money raised for charity! you rock! and you deserve a day off!

rltw: boo about the ceiling tile! hope the landlord makes it to your place fast to fix it!

RunLikeTheWind23

MA: Total bummer that I'll be out of town that weekend! That would have worked out perfectly being that it's right down the block from my house Smile

Meli: Sounds like you had a great birthday!

Lizo: Running around a lake sounds beautiful!

SassySparky

RR: Did 12 mile LR with mid-6 at RP on Saturday Cool, then 3 with the stroller yesterday. G loves to ride in the stroller and I like talking to him about what we see, singing songs, etc. It's like having a little running partner! I was pretty beat on Saturday after running, though! I need to start getting more sleep! Today is rest, maybe some yoga / stretching tonight.

NRR: Had a great weekend! It was kind of low key but we needed it. Friday night was happy hour and D and I watched a movie (The Hobbit). Saturday we went to the Kids museum and played around the house. Sunday was fun - we went to the outdoor pool and G worked on floating and jumping and then last night D and I went to a concert! We saw Guster, Ben Folds Five and Barenaked Ladies. I really only knew Ben Folds songs and a few of the more popular BNL songs but it was a great time! Unfortunately, when we pulled out of the parking lot, D bottomed out the car and we heard something drop. The car was making terrible noise and I took it to the shop this morning. Fingers crossed it's something minor!!! Dead  Now I'm at work and have a lot of little things to do this week plus get that paper finished. I had no time over the weekend to work on it.

MA - woah mileage mama! that's great for C being only 4 months! I don't think I hit that for a long time. It's nice once the appointments space out.

Jewel - wow that was a runnerful weekend for you! your coming weekend away sounds like a nice retreat!

RLTW - sorry about the tile!

Meli - nice job on the triathlon! and happy birthday, sounds like a great day!

Lizo - sounds like you had a nice weekend! good luck with the work deadlines!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in a great 7 + 1 Fay this morning! I ran along the river on the greenbelt, which I feel like I haven't done in forever. Went a little too fast in the middle, and I was hoping to catch a breather at a light on the way back, but they all were green! It wasn't my fastest on that route but it was dang close, which is awesome considering what my running has been like this month (I might break 75 miles).  Yoga tonight.

NRR: Work work work.  I worked over the weekend again. BOO  Today I need to dump off some work on my senior coworker. He keeps giving me stuff but he needs to take some of the load. There are only so many hours in the day.  And two more days before I leave for Chicago!! I cant' wait!!

MA - Wow, 4 months already!! I wonder how much C weighs. Any guesses?

Jewel -  Sounds like you need a rest day. That's awesome you all raised $2K for your friend's charity. What does it support?

RLTW - Sorry about the ceiling tile. I hate coming home and finding a mess.

Mel - Nice work on that swim! What are you shooting for with the IM swim?

Lizo - Wow, that is cooler weather! Good luck with your deadlines..remember, once the deadline has passed, that means the work is over. Joking

Sassy - Glad you and D had a fun date night! Hopefully the car is okay.

MA runner girl

Outwest - I'm guessing 19ish pounds. He was 16lbs 4oz at 2 months. Either way: huge. He's filling out his 9 month clothes pretty well.

monk717

Morning girls.

RR: Wanted to run today but I was totally beat from an active weekend and not getting enough sleep. But I ran a GREAT 4 miles on Saturday. My running has felt so much better the last few times. I think I'm getting stronger and it also helps that its been cooler the last week. I ran three times last week for 9.5 miles, which is a lot for me... taking my goals small, current goal is to run three times a week consistently and get to a 10-mile week! Hopefully signing up for a 10K before July is over before the next price increase.

NRR: A now gets up way too early on the weekends and comes into our room when she gets up... she used to play in her room and then call to us to get her before she realized she can open her own door. P has been having some slight sleeping issues too... meaning this Mama didn't get nearly enough sleep this weekend. P was up from 10-11:30  Saturday night and then up to eat at 6 yesterday and A was up at 6:30. P at least made up for his lack of sleep Saturday but yesterday was a reeeeaaaally long day. It was a fun weekend though, we went to the farmers market Saturday morning, farmers market dinner Saturday night (corn on the cob and new potatoes and I broiled some chicken breasts from the store), made double chocolate zucchini bread Sunday (also from the farmers market, have to get the recipe to post here its soooo good) and a cookout with my family yesterday as a going away party for my baby sister who leaves for Spain on Wednesday! But all that activity is why I didn't run this morning... my body hurt SO bad by the time we got home last night.

SassySparky

Aaaaand the car is $1200. Cry. Fortunately D just got his summer bonus and we were just going to put that in to stock options for his company, now it's all going to this.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Sassy - What's wrong with the car exactly?

taylorma1

delurk:

outwest-enjoy Chicago when you come up here. I would say we should meet up, but I am heading to the NC ocean later this week and am in the midst of packing and getting ready to move to Indiana.

Been busy running and packing and working that I barely have enough time to get on here in the mornings but wishing you ladies all the best and lots of love!