Womens Running

Time Warp Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Break away from molasses Monday....it's just a jump to the left ... and then a step to the right.

Meeting run buddy for a hilly run this morning.  nothing fast though.  I recall a hilly run with her in training done with whatever speed I had was the start of knee issue last year.

Camille-those potlucks sound like a load of fun .. and dangerous.

http://bringyourownbandaids.weebly.com/

Remember the two girls hiking the PCT?  They are still out there and moving along.  One is skipping some miles because of shin splints but cool to read of the trail angels and their journey.  Go to Blog pages>on the trail to read their updates.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did 35 minutes on the track, then 25 minutes of cardio at home.

Today is an afternoon seminar for work, then cardio at home since it will be too late to go to the track. I’m still working on the breathing while running. It's going well.

I need to stop off for bread and milk on the way home. Small balcony garden is trying to hold its own.

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I only did 6 because my asthma didn't let me breathe well and I ran out of time for more since I was running like a turtle crosses the street.  Still, not a bad run.  Since my lungs are not good, speedwork today is a no-no, so 8-10 easy miles tonight, depending on how I breathe.

Ginny, I had a similar run on Sunday.  Must have been the day.

Lisa, I am still caught up in molasses.  Pass the coffee!  Hope your hilly run went well.

Judy, glad to hear the breathing technique is going well.

Damaris

ginnyb

3 miles that felt great.  Not sure how I would have felt if I were running 10, but after Sunday's fiasco I was afraid I may not be able to run at all!

Lisa....I really do not enjoy hills, good thing we don't have any around here.  Is a little tough when I run into them at races however, but I manage.

I have decided I am starting my paperwork for retirement!  First of November!  I will be 65 IOct. 31.  I will most likely work somewhere part time eventually, but I just made up my mind that I do not want to be miserable for whatever years I have left.  A dear friend, that used to work here at the library, passed away last week, 63 years old.  Just got me to thinking more and more.  I want to be able to spend more time with my grandchildren, go to away baseball games, not be so grumpy all the time.  I have had enough.  Financially I think it is going to be tricky, but I figure if I wait till I have enough money I will never retire.  Who knows , I may start an entire new career, I just know I am done with the library and I used to love it so much...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hello Molasses Tuesday!  That is what my 6 miles of "intervals" felt like.  And I didn't hit my interval times, either.  Ugh.  HOT and STEAMY!!!  Done.

Yay Ginny!  there is no reason to be miserable at work all the time!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

Ginny-congrats on your decision to move onto your next adventure!!

Judy-yeah for the balcony garden!

Damaris-sorry about the bad run and the molasses...<coffee vibes being sent your way>

7.1 miles done.  Funny how it's easy to get back into the mindset of mid-week 7 mile run being normal.  Just throwing down 7 miles before work.  Love it!  We did a route with 2 sizeable hills (for us anyway-about 100 feet climbs-which will be nothing for some of you but we jogged up them so that's something for us.).  Then went into gym to shower and on into work.

Karen-I do have hotels booked in Chicago for Tues night through Fri morning, then at Devil's Lake for Fri and Sat nights.  Taking Friday off and looking at afternoon spent in Madison touring the campus then on up to resort.  Will be F.U.N!

http://babcockhalldairystore.wisc.edu/product-category/ice-cream/  I learned of this on the Madison campus... The Dairy Store!!!  Non-chain ice cream!!  The Chocolate Turtle seems about right for me.

Running buddy from this am is doing the 50k and her former boyfriend (complicated) is attempting the 50 mile.  you'll have to make new friends on the course since none of us will be your pace.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, congratulations! I know I will make it nowhere near 65 before I retire. Heck, if this job doesn't let me telecommute, I'll be retiring next year at 47! Good for you - life is too short to be miserable at work all the time.

Lisa, I'm making my flight reservations today. Into Chicago Friday morning, out of Detroit either late late Sunday or early early Monday. I'm up for whatever you guys do on Friday. I'll probably be going pretty easy on Saturday, I have a 6-hour race here two weeks later so I don't want to push it at DWD.

Judy, good to see the breathing exercises are working.

Damaris, I wish your breathing was working a little better!

Susan, at least you got it done. We are in the 90s and humid all week, but I refuse to complain after the winter we just had, and knowing that I'm going to be living in weather like yours next summer!

Migraine is diminishing - I feel about 75% normal and have cut the medication in half. I should be able to run a few easy miles after work tonight.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

"I'll probably be going pretty easy on Saturday, I have a 6-hour race here two weeks later so I don't want to push it at DWD."  You've been there right?  Easy... not pushing it... don't exactly apply to DWD or Devil's Lake.

http://babcockhalldairystore.wisc.edu/product-category/ice-cream/  I learned of this on the Madison campus... The Dairy Store!!!  Non-chain ice cream!!  The Chocolate Turtle seems about right for me.

Lisa

Lisa,

Come to East Lansing - we also have a dairy store.  Not sure if you saw my posts on FB about the engineering camps for women.  I though your DD might be interested.

Did 50 min (3 miles) on the DM.... most at 15% incline with 10 min walking backward.  Yep, if running forward is boring try backward LOL.

Talked to my DM this morning.  I am still shocked (remember SIL and DB who went on vacation and left their 3 kids and dogs home alone to fend for themselves).  OK... So my niece went to Aruba for Spring break as a graduation present from SIL and DB.  Then last weekend was prom... They skipped school for a week - yes a week - she and her friends rented a house on the Jersey shore for $16,000 - yes $16,000 for the week with a $6000 deposit.  Apparently they trashed it and won't get the $6000 back either.  And DB and SIL think its a joke.  I am floored, shocked, speechless!!!!  I don't get it.

Sorry for not doing personals - need to work on a manuscript that is late.

Susan

Anonymous Guest

I meant not pushing the pace (like I could on that course if I wanted to)! Yes, I realize I will most likely be sore for a week after this. I'll have a scoop of the salted caramel toffee, followed by the key lime pie. Hmm, maybe I should just hang out there while you guys tour the school.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen, right next door is the Ratskeller... the campus pub!  So you can always just "tour" the union!

Arimathea

Tessa

Now I am even more envious. A dairy bar on the Madison campus? Mmm. DD is at an ag school and their ice cream is wonderful.

Ginny, I agree, life's too short to stay at a job you hate, especially if you can put in for retirement and health is covered by Medicare. I'm sorry work is so awful right now.

Lisa, do take it easy on the pace!

I remember the girls doing the through hike, glad they are all right although shin splinty.

Susan, hot and steamy in Mississippi in the summer...imagine that! *grin* You are to be commended for getting that done.

4 this morning with RN. That's it for today. About to head out for a day of touring warehouse facilities with client and the rest of the team. Then teaching this evening.

Susan-I know the MSU Dairy Store.. not as well as I'd like to though.  LOL  Reason for touring Madison is that it will be on the way to Devil's Lake. Sort of like the reason for touring DePaul was that it offered free parking while we took the red line to the Sox game.  I'm a multi-tasker, what can I say.  Will double check the engineering camp but dd isn't that into the idea of engineering or any of the STEM jobs.

Tessa-you do have an exciting job. :-) Pace? me? Somewhere within 12 hours will be my pace. Hotel booked for Sat night so not looking to kill myself.  I am quite sure that any dairy products in Wisconsin should be quite good. I think there may be a law.

Sue-I'm sure that you ran at top effort though.  intervals of top effort.

Lisa

OMG!!!  Registration opened for the Big Easy Half Marathon.  the first 50 got in for $1, next 50 for $5, etc.  What a cluster!!!!!  I got in for $55.  I am so pissed!!!  My computer locked up.  That system is SO FU@&ing frustrating!!!    just had to share.  I am pissed.

BF got into the 1 mile walk for $1.  Yay.

camille2

Sue, I'd be frustrated, too.

Lisa, there's prob a law that everyone passing thru Wisconsin has to try a variety of dairy products, too.

DR, I hope your asthma gets under better control.  That must be so frustrating!

Ginny, woo-hoo for retirement! I absolutely agree with your thinking.  My late hubby stayed in a job he didn't like in order to get a good retirement and even though he took it early, he was sick within a year.  I'm so glad he had several good months and a few trips and wonder if the stress of that job over years contributed.  It's a big part of the reason I set loose goals all the time and am doing 63 things this year.  It's too easy to let time pass by.  I'm excited for you!

Karen, I'm glad you're feeling better.  I hope it continues.

Hi Judy, Gatsby,  Carol, Cindy and everyone else.

Runner's mom, I can't imagine what those parents are thinking.  Trashing a house?  Skipping for a week?  DD would have been in major trouble, but then we wouldn't have spent that kind of money to start.  DD and friends did a weekend road trip to Anchorage after graduation and camped part of the time.  : )

I did walk again last night but doubt it made up for the extra cupcake with butter cream frosting.  : )  I just got invited to dinner tonight with an old friend  and he was raving about the dessert they'll feed me. I may need to do another double.

Walked and ran 3.5-4 this morning on the Chester Creek Tr. Less than half was running, but  it felt good. It was about 55 but "real feel" was 63-a great morning.  The trail is a greenbelt that goes right thru the city with a lot of car and airplane noise, but I still love it.  Lots of birch trees.  I thought I'd spotted a sandpiper at the edge of the creek-got a bit closer.  It was a robin. Had to laugh.