Womens Running

Monday again? Dailies (Read 20 times)

ginnyb

i developed sudden pain, and I mean pain, on the inside of right ankle , some in heel.  I can hardly walk, no swelling, no redness or bruising, just pain.  Any thoughts?  I had a fairly good run yesterday too!  I’m so mad and hurting, I am in tears. Stress fracture?

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh no Ginny...I have no answer...perhaps fat heel pad? Do you have a good ortho doc or something like that?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ginny, oh no! Maybe bone spurs? My mom had that happen many years ago--came on suddenly.

Kilmisters

Hehe, we have day off, Pope Francis is visiting. Not a fan of the whole hype around the visit, but hey - 3 day weekend is nice. It's 50 degrees and windy out here; so getting out the damn door will most probably be the toughest part of the run.

Ginny, ouch... Maybe stress fracture or heel spurs, but ortho will have a better clue.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 speed work miles for me. I did 10x 1 min/1 min recover. Ab class after work!

Awesome run! Felt so good out there. It was 65 degrees with a 64 DP. It felt more humid than that..but it was misty rain which made it feel much better Smile Was nice to not have to carry water for a change!  I can feel the taper happening. When I was done I was like, "hmm..thats it?" LOL. Taper madness is beginning!

A rainy Monday means I should be in bed!! Weather is weird this week..somewhat cool today, Summer Tues & Weds, then a cold front coming through Thursday will drop temps a bit. Fall, I know you are trying...come on!

OH I ordered my drapes through WAYFAIR. I got drapes and rods for 5 windows for about $130. I didn't think that was bad at all!! I am hoping the color is okay. I got navy. I guess we will see when they get here.

Diane – Awe, sweet that they waited for you to have the party! Kids gifts are so easy. HCF and I were in Target over the weekend and I picked up some educational thing for baby E. He will be one in November! Nice job with the miles while in Denver. Its hard to keep up the miles while in a different place! Woohoo on the 15!!

Margaret –  Woohoo nice run yesterday!! Nice picture, too Smile Sounds like it was a beautiful run! Hmm..has my mom chilled out on wedding planning..NO. LOL. We have a contract from the caterer that HCF and I want but she keeps stalling. She keeps reaching out to other caterers to see what deals they have. They will all be too expensive – this one that we want, is probably the cheapest we will find. And their food was REALLY good. I don’t know why she doesn’t understand that. I am a little worried about the dress shopping. She likes to “shop around”. If I find “the one” at the first place we go to, then that’s it! I am not going anywhere else. I would hate to have like, 3 dresses that I love and have to make a decision. NO. Okay see, now I am going off on a rant. Running fuel. LOL.

Docket – I had to laugh about Bugsy. LOL. Nice job on the treadmill run yesterday!! Holy cow.

Run4kupcakes – LOVE that floor! Can you come do mine??? We are going to update ours but we are waiting to see how much of the wedding we will be paying for. Ugh. I want them done!

Karen – YAY!!! Nice 20!!! Are you going to cut back now before TCM?

Ginny – Oh no!!! That is weird!! Can you go in and see someone today?? Does your trainer have any suggestions? Sorry Sad

Okay, I have a lot to do today! Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Didn't sleep well but no migraine.  We'll see now that I've been at working for more than an hour.  Bosses are coming today which I think was tomorrow and now I'm like trying to have my Sbux while putting my makeup and fixing the poodle hair.  4 miles tonight.

Ginny, oh, no!  What about the shoes you used for the run?  That's where it hurts for me when I run too long or too often in a specific drop (which I why I go back and forth between Altras, hokas, and Mizunos).  Could be heel/achilles soreness but sounds painful.

Elina, three day weekend thanks to his visit?  Send him to Miami next!

Liz, nice run.  Oh the joys of owning a feral cat, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Good grumpy morning! I may have to have a third cup of coffee. It's been a long morning and I've only been up for two hours. But now dogs are both sleeping and DH has left for work. I'll get some miles in in a bit. Huckles knocked the little bowl we've been using for his food out of my hand this morning and it shattered. Food and sharp pieces of bowl everywhere. I carried him into the bedroom and gave him to DH to hold onto while I cleaned it up, but what a pain. On the exciting side, he seems to have figured out housebreaking. He's gone from as long as you take him out a million times a day he'll go out there rather than inside, to 4 different times over the weekend going to the back door, sitting and looking expectantly at us. Then when we let him out he's gone and pooped right away! The first couple times I wasn't sure if it was coincidence, but he keeps doing it!

Ginny, sorry, no idea on what that could be. Other than sucky.

Elina, enjoy the day off, whatever the reason.

Liz, it's hard to believe it's taper time already. It seems like so long ago that I signed up! I'm not going to taper much if at all. I need TCM to be just a supported long run. In fact, I was thinking about asking Sandy how far away from the finish she lived and if it was runnable to get some extra miles in. But I probably won't.

Margaret, sorry to hear about your dad. i hate that our parents get old and sick. Nice long run yesterday.

Diane, your flights to TX sound good to me. I go pretty close by Hobby on my way down there so could arrange pickup/dropoff to work out if needed and it works out better than having Kat do it. I'm sure we'll figure it all out. Glad you made it home with your travel difficulties and made it to DGD's birthday.

Kathryn, if your friend is interested in BB, I have a discount code good through this week. FALL gets 12% off any TROT race. I posted it on the fb group page but when I look at it there it shows that only 3 people have seen my post, which is weird since I posted a week ago. Anyway, if she does and signs up, let me know her name so the TROT ambassador I got the code from gets the credit. Tessa's idea of renting a car through Costco is a good one - I've been doing that a lot lately as their prices are usually the best and you can get a free second driver. I figure I can give Lisa or someone my car key as well while I'm out on the trails and you guys could use my car if needed.

Tessa, honestly, Thursday night might be hard. DH's family is tentatively visiting that week and if so, we will already have more people than beds and couches and air mattresses and floor space here. In fact, I will be looking forward to getting away from here.

Damaris, I was 95% you'd do the 20.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Karen - TCM finish is abt 12ish miles back to my house. If you wanted to add on, we cld certainly pick you on the way!  But holy cats, Chica. It’s not a bad running route (I’ve done it a number of times) but is mostly up hill.

Ginny - sorry abt your pain!!  Snds like perineal tendon to me.  Snds like what happens to a friend of mine. Chiro has helped her with the initial pain and then strengthening the muscles in lower leg.

Gatsby - sorry to hear abt your dad!!  Parents decline sucks. Great pic!!

Lizzie - embrace the taper!  Can’t wait to see you fly at TCM!  Thanks for being around this weekend 

Waves to everyone else. Still in Boston nursing a bad piriformis/glute/hamstring IDK. Pulled the already painful area stumbling up a curb during the half at mile 5. Hobbled 2 more miles and called Uber. Guess there’s a first for everything!  Was running so kiddy wompus other things started to hurt so I quit. Was feeling pretty dejected but am trying to be positive - still 6 weeks until Richmond. Did shuffle over 6mi on a running tour of the city yesterday. Just me and the guide LOL. Was pretty sore by the end but standing and stretching seems to help.

Doing the hop hop on hop off bus tour thingy today to start then not sure what else. It’s chilly and windy here. Lizzie wld love it!!  Happy Monday

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, a doctor would be a good thing as soon as you can.

You also might try icing it on the side that hurts and rolling the foot on a frozen water bottle.

Can you stay off it for a little while?

Try a different pair of running shoes when you are able to walk on it, even if the shoes are the same make and model. I had one new shoe cause that once all of a sudden.

Friday I did a 25 minute TM run between classes.

Saturday was SDO except for 90 minutes walking all over a track up north of here

Sunday Buddy and I did 80 minutes out the trail. I saw 3 deer before we got started running. It’s not the season yet but the cooler weather has brought them out.

Today I plan a run out the trail.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Hello! Back to the real world. Skipped the gym this morning. It was pouring buckets. Again. I would have been soaked getting in and out of the car, plus I just wasn't feeling it.

We had a great weekend in Vicksburg. I enjoyed the fiber festival--lots of indie yarn vendors and 7 of my knitting buddies were there too. DH and I also toured the battlefield (and I kept thinking it would be an AWESOME run or ride!!). Ate too much good food and had too many beers. I gained SIX pounds in one weekend!!!!! I feel like I'm really retaining water from all the salt, fried food and beer. UGH. I know better but I did it anyway.

Karen--yay on the house breaking!!

OMG--yesterday DS2 and his friend went duck hunting. We watched the friend's young German shorthair pointer. Five big dogs in the house!! They all got along, but jeez!!!  It was just crazytown.

Have a great day!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ginny, so sorry about the pain.  I hope you are able to figure it out quickly, or that it just disappears as quickly as it came.

Hi Diane and HCK!

Elina, enjoy your day off.

Lizzie, YAY on the nice run!!  Also yay on the drapes - that sounds like a darn good deal.

Damaris, glad no migraine but bummer on the sleep.  And poodle hair.  Makes me giggle.

Karen, awesome on the 20.  Huck is soooo cute and sounds like potty training is going super well.  My friend wants to come to BB, but will probably decide pretty late so the discount will be over - no biggie.  She is super busy and doesn't know her full schedule yet but wants to come.

Sandy, sorry about your run/pains.  Hoping the remainder of your time in Boston is fun.

Judy, have a good trail run.

Sue, 5 big dogs, yikes.  3 little ones is enough!  Glad your weekend was fun.

Going to go out soon for a short jaunt.  I am supposed to call the dude about the job today, so I am waiting for another 15 min to call (9:30am here) and then will go out.  For some reason I am nervous, so I am going to get the call done first, then go.  Hopefully just setting up a quick meeting/tour of the building.  Still nervous that they might decide, even with their desperation, that they won't want me with my limitations.  We shall see shortly.  And yes, if after some working interview days, if there is a job offer, I would take it.  Even though it is supposed to be an absolute shit place to work.

I suppose that is it.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, thanks. Still plenty of time to change flights to Friday. I might wait for SW's next sale, though. Good luck with the inlaws visiting -- not sure I'd want to combine out of town houseguests and taper madness! YAY for Huck getting the idea of potty training.

Ginny, sorry, not sure what it could be. Is the pain when you put weight on it, when you poke it, or both?

Sandy, ouch, sorry the half did not go as planned.

Liz, your mum is not going to rein herself in. Sign a contract with the caterer you like, lock it in. And on the dress, unless she is paying for it you are the one who gets to decide. She's probably been envisioning this shopping trip for years, though, by the sound of it.

Kupcakes, floor looks good! We've done laminate several times and it looks so much better than carpet in most cases. Especially if you moved into the house and the sellers had installed the carpeting -- you know that was not top of the line product.

Susan, fiber festival? Nice! Hope you got lots of stuff to craft. Is there a race at that battlefield like there is at Chickamauga?

Damaris, good luck with the blow drying ! Had to laugh at the cat.

Elina, hope the papal visit does not cause too much traffic.

Kat, hope the interview goes well. Even if it is not a great place to work, it's money.

Judy, nice weekend runs.

3.2 this morning. RN swims on Mondays. She and I and Millie are likely running tomorrow. It is getting a bit cooler -- Iota came and snuggled this morning and he has been sleeping on the cat tree in the living room all summer. When he comes to snuggle he's feeling the need for human heat sources.

dhuffman63

Trails

I have a question maybe someone can help with.  I've not been very hungry lately and have been struggling to eat enough. I'm finding that my longish miles are suffering as I get about 10 miles in and just don't want to continue...I'll drink some coke and eat a banana if we have them and then I force myself to continue but sometimes what I've eaten makes me feel sick to my stomach.  I keep jolly ranchers and peppermints along with pretzels and raisins near the TM but it's forcing myself to actually eat them I struggle with.  I have to nip this now before I get into trouble at the 50 miler. Any suggestions?

Tessa--yes, they have A Race Through History in May. Would be fun, except the area is VERY hilly. Still cool, though.

Lizzie--If you like the caterer, you should book them. They may only be able to handle one or two events at a time, and if someone else books them for your date, you are out of luck. If you find THE dress, then you are done. No need to look further. Smile Good luck on handling mom.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I feel bad talking about how awesome our weather was this weekend.  60's during the day, sunny and little wind.  I did 5 miles with 3 at steady state on Saturday morning, it was 40 and I had to wear mittens!  9 miles yesterday.  DD and I had a good weekend together, she was super excited about the Alpaca farm!    Older DD had a good time camping and hiking with DH so it was all good.

Ginny, sorry about the ankle!  I hope you can get it looked at and that it is nothing serious!

Elina, enjoy the day off!

Lizzie, nice run this morning!  That is a great deal on the drapes.  Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!  Nice that HCF was brave enough to pick up the baby.    We didn't get frost yet, but it was close!  Enough to get rid of some of the mosquitoes.  Yay!  Sounds like the caterer that you found is perfect!  I am with you, if you find something you love, then just go with it.  Why waste time?    Oh, and yes, some cheesecake may have been eaten this weekend.  

Karen, glad the potty training, er, housebreaking is going well!    Oops on the food bowl!  Nice 20 this weekend!  Glad you got some decent weather.

Sandy, ouch on the running pain!  I hope you are better!  The private tour sounds good.  

Sue, sounds like a really nice weekend!

Kat, I hope the call goes well!

Diane, sorry about the nutrition issues.  Unfortunately, I tend to have the opposite issue, I eat too much.    I don't eat while running but the rest of the time.    Would perhaps taking some calories in through liquids help?  Things like smoothies when you aren't running and some carb or protein drinks while running?  Maybe a little easier on your stomach and easier to "force" down?  Nice mileage for the week!

Kupcakes, the floor looks good!

Margaret, sorry to hear about your dad.  Nice 17 this weekend!

Damaris, nice 20!

Tessa, I'm glad the 3 kittens are doing well!  Glad you got some cooler weather!

Cathy