Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 19 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning~

RR: running home after I drop the car off at the garage for an inspection. depending on the route I run, anywhere from 4-7 miles.

TR: has a new favorite book, "Boogie Monster" about a boogie monster who comes to earth to boogie. it's cute, and he gets up and does all the dance moves in the story.

NRR: glad it's the weekend- i'm looking forward to sleeping in a bit. We have nothing big planned. I have to go up to the gym and clean out my staff locker- planning to go sunday so I don't have to deal with/see any of the management.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST, hot tub.

TR - bad: coming home after a long night of teaching at 9:30 to B still fully dressed and awake.  worse: DH didn't try to get him towards bedtime and didn't see anything wrong.  When I come home from work, the LAST thing I want to do is go through the bedtime routine!

FR - japanese noodle soup.  Opened the 3rd (of 4) bags of Flamin' Hot Cheetos and couldn't finish them. So many calories, ugh. On the other hand, a 'life hack' I saw on buzzfeed turned out to not be a fail - I ate the Cheetos out of a bowl with chopsticks so avoided getting my fingers all gross.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

RR: hey ladies! I am having a rest day and then tomorrow i am having another rest day! Whoo hoo and am I ever ready for a rest day! My legs feel good now but I am really excited for my massage today and pedicure. Massage lady is coming to my house and apparently is the bomb. I have only ever had poor massages (I nicknamed one guy 'rib rubbing Robert') so I am hoping this chick will work out. And then I am going for pedi. I love it there. I am hoping they will scrub the bejeezus out of my feet (no idea how to spell that so I made it up).

NRR: probably will start my advent craft - totally going to thieve CA's advent mitt idea. It's going to take me the rest of Nov to do it.

NRR2: went to knitting scarves for the homeless last night.  I knit up a whole ball and a half in 2 sessions. i am such an overachiever even at knitting for the homeless. Trying to work on that. I got chatting to a lady who did a lot of travelling with her lawyer husband. We were really compatible. She suggested some women's groups associated with Vanderbilt University that she thought would be ideal for me. Will check that out. And she thought I might be interested in getting involved in the grad school of education programmes there. I have no desire to work at this point (or one free minute in which to contemplate doing so). I really don't know how you working girls do it. I don't know where I would find the time to do my hair properly everyday let alone have an intellectual conversation without interrupted thought.

TR: I was out of his room by 9.45 last night but I was so tired I just went straight to bed. No FIFA or skype for me. But I am up and awake early this morning and still in my own bed so that it a victory.

FR: scallop and shrimp stir-fry over linguini.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

running eh

RR - another rest day, but I am so looking forward to my run tomorrow.  I was wondering what time I'd have to get up to run, and I realized that I will probably only run 2 miles, so no need to get up super early!

NRR - baking and cooking today for a fun fair fundraiser at the kids school tomorrow.   Also hoping for a good nap w. DD2 this afternoon as I worked nights last night.

FR - no idea!

KR -  While we were in Richmond another SIL had a baby!  They already have 3 girls and now they have a little boy.  I am thinking of taking their two older girls to the fun fair tomorrow.  I don't know how fun that will be for me, though Wink

rg - Are you done at the gym now, then?  I am glad you are getting out of that place!  Funny about DS dancing, so cute!  Hope you have a great run this morning - it's a little warmer today!

zorbs - great idea to try eating Cheetos w. chopsticks, unfortunately I suck at chopsticks.  I'd probably get super frustrated but maybe it would cause me to eat fewer Cheetos!  Sorry about the DH fail!  Not cool!

bermy - oohh!!  Enjoy your day getting pampered.  I hope you get an awesome massage.  DH and I booked massages while in Charlottesville.  My massage therapist ended up stuck in traffic so I only was able to get a 1/2hr massage, but she was worth the wait.  She was some kind of witch doctor lady with all these potions for my stressed out lymphatic system!  I had 2 great massages while there - the other one was in the massage tent after the race, that was the first time I have had a really effective massage.  So glad you enjoyed the knitting thing!  I hope that the Vandebilt suggestion is a good fit for you.  I don't do my hair or makeup for work, ever - I have no patience for that.

mrszackmorris

Zorbs: my brother always eats messy junk foods with a spoon. I thought it was weird until I tried it and realized he was a genius.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - missed my workout yesterday because of work meetings and such... I will spin today instead.  I was icing my ankle last night and totally frost bit it, so the plus is that I have no idea if the ankle hurts or not because the skin is stinging like crazy... oooops!

RR2 - my new garmin 310 is coming today I think !  I want to run with it this weekend so I can get it all configured for the race.  Oh and I ordered icy tights from 110 yesterday, AMR had a 50% off code for them!  They are shipping to my hotel in seattle, hopefully they'll be there before the race so I can use them after the marathon.

TR - Looking forward to hanging out with her this weekend.  I think she talks the ear off the daycare lady all day, she's such a goofball when I pick her up.

BR - I'm sure our dayhome is losing money paying for her food all day... she's probably thinking she needs to raise our rates Smile

FR - MIL is coming over tonight, I brought up a lasagna from the freezer.

NRR - 3 days of work and then I'm off for a week!! Smile  I have sooooo much to do though.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

strollermama

RR:  Was hoping to do my LR today but it is going to be another cold one.  I don't mind running in snow, but  below 25 degrees is just too cold.  Plus  it is currently snowing and is supposed to snow this afternoon.  I am not sure I can do 10 mi on the TM but will try!

TR:  Up early at 5:30.  I let him watch one of his baby genius dvds and he is singing along to all of the songs.  Now he is standing at the window watching it snow.

NRR:  My parents are coming this weekend.  So looking forward to some help since I have been totally on my own all month!

RG - I will have to look for that book.  We could use some new ones!

zorbs - Enjoy your hot tub!  The chopsticks thing makes sense but I have never seen someone do it!

bermy - Enjoy your pampering.  You deserve it!

eh - The fair sounds like fun.  I am sure SIL would love that little break!

CA - Is the race the same weekend as Thanksgiving?  When do you leave?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - I love combining a run with errands like that, makes me feel extra efficient Smile  I'm looking forward to sleeping this weekend also!

zorbs - I'd strangle my DH if the kids were up at 9:30 when I got home!!

Bermy - enjoy the rest day and the massage!  I have one on Monday, and can't wait!  Hope the advent craft works well.  Good for you on the knitting.  My great grandma was a big knitter, and had a double layer knitting method she used on mitts, whenever anyone visited she'd knit a pair of mitts  while they chatted and sent you home with them, even up into her 90's when she couldn't see much.  My dad knows how she knit the double layer, they are the nicest, warmest mitts ever!  I should have him show me again sometime, I wish I had more time for those types of things.

r-eh - Isn't it funny how you get used to having to have more than an hour to get your run done!  Wow on all the babies in your family!!

stroller - It was 7F on our run on Wed night, cold!  I would have to resign myself to not running in the winter if I wasn't willing to brave those temps unfortunately.  The race is Dec 1st - next sunday - we leave Wed night.

superspike113

Honorary Old

I have the stomach flu. Woke up at 2 am in terrible pain, DH is being really nice and is handling kid stuff and cleanup without being asked. I just really hope he doesn't get sick since we only have one toilet.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - that's why I like my work hours, both at the gym and the music school, I rarely have to interact with management!

bermy - enjoy your massage! I thought you were the one who didn't like being tickled during pedis?  or is it that you don't like being punched in the vajingo by the massaging chair? I don't like when they use the stone and hit the wrong spot on my arch, it makes me jump.

eh - not surprisingly, I am very good with chopsticks. wow, another baby? how many new babies are there in your family? totally lost track.

mrszm - I eat the crumbs from the bottom of the kale chip bag with a spoon, otherwise I'd be wearing it.

CA - do you let the hotel know beforehand that a package is arriving for you? One of my legs is covered with fine scratches that still sting, I am not 100% sure where I got them, but I'm pretty sure the bush I peed in at the start of Richmond had VERY sharp leaves, and they had their revenge on me.

stroller - lol I don't think people would eat messy junk with chopsticks in public.

spike - I hope you feel better soon!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

Nrr: dh took my glasses to work at 5am. He had to commute back 1hr to give them to me. Funny!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - ugh!  Feel better!

zorbs - I emailed the hotel, and they said they receive packages on behalf of their guests all the time, so as long as it's labeled with my name, and I've got a reservation coming up, they'll hold it no problem.  I have a oiselle order being shipped to them also.  I'm also going to watch for my model of shoe, and if it's discounted further in the next week, I'll order a couple pairs of shoes, they have guaranteed 48 hr shipping though, or $10 overnight.

armmama

Happy Friday!  I've been reading, just no time to post this week.

RR - would like to run today, I've only run on Wednesday this week so far.  Ran with my neighbor who is a quick little thing.  I was tired by the end but it felt good to pick up the pace.  I'm playing tennis this morning so I'm  hoping to be able to run tonight.  I thought about it this morning but it was 10˚ and we had light rain that turned into snow last night so I was assuming the sidewalks were slippery.

RR/NRR - went shopping Wednesday and bought 1 cold weather running top from Athleta and 1 from Lululemon so I could take them home and decide which one to keep and now I want to keep both of them.  Ugh!  I always tell DH not to buy himself anything right before Christmas and now I'm doing just that.

BR - is in such a better mood when he's not constipated.  He's actually been pretty fun this week!  We went to the zoo twice.  Spent most of the time Tuesday outside since it was a "warm" 40˚ but he refused to put mittens on and then his hands were freezing and he started screaming so we went inside to the tropics trail to warm up.  2nd time we went to the zoo I didn't bother trying to go outside, we just stayed inside the whole time.

KR - 6 year old DD brought a bunch of papers home from school yesterday and on one she wrote that if she could move anywhere it would be to Mississippi because her best friend lives there.  Sometimes I feel so bad for moving them away from their friends.  They facetime all the time though, so at least there's that.  They've made some friends here but aren't real close to anyone like they were in Mississippi.

FR - no idea, Friday night is usually pizza night

NRR - house renovation is coming along!  L's new room is framed and drywall guy is sanding/mudding today. I think after that all that's left is trim and paint and I suppose the electrical guy needs to finish up.  I'm hoping they will be done by Dec 5 because I have a cleaning lady coming the 6th because we're having a Christmas party on the 7th.  It's a mess upstairs right now.

rg - so are you done working at the gym now?

zorbs - that is so frustrating.  I went to dinner with a friend one night last week and while I was in heaven getting out by myself, the best part of the night was that DH had everyone in bed by the time I got home at 9:00.

bermy - wow 2 rest days in a row??  I tried to re-teach myself how to knit a couple weeks ago.  I'm lost, I think I need to take a class.

eh - have you run since the marathon yet?  I just baked a cake and cookies to donate to a homeless shelter.  I love baking and not feeling like I need to eat it all!

CA - ouch on the frostbite!  Yay on a new Garmin though!  I keep waiting for mine to die so I can get a new one.  I like the one I have, it's just fun to get something new once in a while!

stroller - 25˚ has been the coldest I've run in so far, but I know I'm going to have to suck it up and go out when it's colder!  snow sounds pretty! Can you at least look out the window when you're on the TM?

spike - aww, I'm so sorry!  Feel better!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ca-look for Road Runner Sports or Fleet Feet Sports in Seattle if you don't find your shoes online.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

CA - sounds like you have a great daycare lady!  It's a private place, right?  How many kids are there?  I can't believe you missed a workout!Joking
                                Have fun spinning!

stroller - so nice that your parents are coming!  I hope you take full advantage of that situation.  Being a single mom and working FT must be tough, so much respect for you.  Yikes on the temps.  I survived last winter without true cold weather gear - I am okay with the old jackets I repurposed as running gear, but I think I need to get some warmer running tights!

zorbs - I now have 26 nieces and nephews with one more coming in the new year!  Lots of my friends have had LOs in the last while too!  So fun!

spike - ugghh!!!!  I hope that this bug is a quick one and I hope DH can stay healthy!  So glad he is being helpful!

arm - lol on the shopping!  Maybe just keep both and have the kids wrap one of them up for Christmas!  I am sure DD misses her friends, but I think they will find close friends yet, you haven't been in MN for that long yet.  Last winter DD2 refused mittens, she didn't complain until we went back inside and her fingers started to thaw, poor kid.  I haven't run since the marathon, but I am itching to!