Womens Running

Knime Monday (dailies) (Read 22 times)

Kilmisters

Very random title, I know.

A very good freeware for when Excel shows middle finger to your attempts at managing 500+k rows, but you have the do the damn calculations somehow.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

HCK, nice 5k; that is a very nice time!

Kat, polar bears in Canada sounds like  the best part out of all that adventure list you have there!

Margaret, I have ran to the store 15mins before they legally stop selling it here (10pm), a mile or so. That I can deal with. Ultra to get some decent beer? Nah.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 speed work miles for me. I did 8x 1 min/1 min recover. Heading to abs after work!

Man, great run today!! The weather was awful (soup) so it must have been the cake and burgers I ate yesterday Smile Or maybe I am just PUMPED for this weekend! Its all downhill from here. I have 2 more runs then its rest time.

Little worried about my flight on Thursday. We are expecting downpours beginning Weds night and not ending until Friday. Hopefully everything is on time.....hopefully...

Had a good time at my parents' yesterday. Hanging out with baby E is fun now. He is such a cutie. He loved watching Ruger..didn't quite know what to make of him but kept staring at that little tail wagging Smile Ruger was scared of him. LOL. He is just not used to a baby! He would go up to E, lick his face, and then run away. So cute.

How am I supposed to be motivated to do any work this week?! Half week this week, short week next week...and then vacation! Motivation = 0.

Docket – Hope the 13 went well! I think you were in my dream last night. I cant remember the dream though

Kilmisters – Did you watch?? I can see how watching it later would be hard!! Is it really a big deal if you go over by 5? Have you ever noticed that during a presentation people seem to talk faster. Maybe you will talk faster and makeup the 5 minutes Smile You are going to do great!! I hate talking in front of a big group.

Laura – Hope you had a good lunch yesterday! I will have to check out Safe as well. I am watching “ER” on Hulu right now. I loved that show when I was younger..watching it from episode 1 this time around.

Run4kupcakes – Wow, congratulations on the 5K!! That is IMPRESSIVE. Miles 1 and 2 might have been just as fast if the weather was better. If you can nail that pace during humid conditions..whew, you are fast!

Kathryn – YES you are a very lucky girl. You have lots to look forward too. Color me jealous over here Smile  I wish I could nap in my car at work..security would come knocking on my window.

Margaret – Wow, nice miles yesterday. Geez, race Saturday and then 8 Sunday..you are awesome Smile  Did you have a burger last night!? Now I am craving them again.

Lisa – Your DC sounds like a real winner. Smile  And good with the lines, too! Wink

Cathy - I saw that picture of DD on Facebook. She looked so happy!!! How did everything go?

Sandy - Safe travels today! Edit: NEVERMIND YOU ARE ALREADY THERE haha Smile

Happy Monday! I am ready for a nap!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 7 with 2 @ MP tonight.

My 13 went horribly.  It was 77F and 72 dewpoint and sprinkling every so often, so I thought it would be fun.  Not.  By Mile 10 there was no rain, only horrible humidity and my breathing was bad either from the smoke at the show Saturday or from the humidity.  Got back home and ran 3 on the TM to finish.  I think I'll stick to the indoors this week.

Elina, yeah, I was about to ask what Knime was.

Liz, I bet you the dream involved running!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I started work at 7am today for my first day on the new schedule.  I need #allthecoffee.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Hello everyone.  Busy weekend got 0 miles in.  DD and family came up Saturday after my massage and grocery trip.  Sylvia wasn't sure what to make out of the one dog we let out while she was there or the horses.  Once of mine, Cali is like a big dog and came over to the fence but Sylvia wouldn't pet here.  We all went to lunch and by the time we got home I had to feed the dogs and was just too tired.  Sunday we went to the Renaissance Fair which was 2 hours away.  It was hot but there was shaded areas and the "castle" was air conditioned.  I got a little rubber dragon that I can wrap around things.  He glows in the dark.

Ever since the DNF at Heartland I've felt discouraged.  I wanted to try and make the Marathon Maniacs and that would have been my second in the three needed in 90 days.  I'm just feeling somewhat depressed about it but at the other time feel like I need to get out there and do stuff.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, neat gym sign!

Toe is healing. I can do a few more things, balance is better, I can stumble along faster, it hasn't been waking me at night the last 2 nights. I get up anyway and ice it while I do my meditation.

Sunday Buddy and I met (both of us planning to walk due to injuries) but it was raining. We exercise rain or not so we got about 5 steps from the cars and the rain suddenly got heavier and there was a lightning flash. We dashed to our cars and met at the McDs down the street for coffee. 

The last three days I have been doing a 40 minute cardio dvd (barefoot) and that has helped my state of mind a lot. Carb cravings started up about 24 hours after starting the workouts again. So many carbs, so little time. 
                Today I plan another cardio workout inside. I can hear thunder. I need to try the running shoes and see if they are remotely possible to tolerate.
                Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Monday, Monday...  had a nice weekend, no rain for the 5K trail race with DD on Saturday!  It was 40, breezy and cloudy so rain would have been miserable.  The trails had drained pretty well from the earlier rain, so it wasn't too muddy.  The sun did eventually come out, when we were done.     DD and I ran with a couple RB's for the first couple miles so they went fast.  Then DD said she wanted to take advantage of the downhill, I told her to go ahead and that she didn't have to wait for me.  I wanted to see if she could run on her own.  And my legs were tired and I didn't really feel like running fast.    She finished in about 31:20, 3rd in the 0-14 AG.   Had some Mother's Day festivities on Saturday with the in-laws, I will see my parents in a couple weeks.  Foot felt fine after the race, did a bike ride with the kids and strength yesterday and 5 miles on the TM this morning since it was storming out.

Elina, that is a random title.  It works.     Nice 10 miles in the heat!   It's nice not carrying water when I run.  Though I hear they actually turned on the drinking fountains at the park already.  Usually that doesn't happen until the end of May!

Lizzie, yay for taper!    Sounds like a fun times after you get through the first part of the week!  Keep your eye on the prize.     The book I'm reading has been good so far.  Some of it is just catching yourself when thinking something negative and turning it around.  Like, instead of thinking "my legs are really tired, I'm slow",  you can think "My legs are getting stronger".  But it can apply to all aspects of life, not just running.  My fast co-worker has been eating the same thing for lunch (a turkey sandwich) for years.

Damaris, good job getting through the tough 13!  Haha, I hope you survive the day!

Diane, it sounds like you had a good weekend.  Sorry that you are feeling a little discouraged now.  That is a tough marathon goal!

Judy, glad the toe is better!   My friend's doctor told her that her body can't process carbs and she is now on the Keto diet, high protein/fat and low carbs.  I don't think I could survive!  

Kat, ugh on the key.  That happened to my car key once, it was cold and the lock was frozen.  Wow, you have lots of fun things to look forward to!

Lisa, you are the queen of positive thinking!    I was trying to be more positive during my TM run this morning.  Instead of thinking how horribly boring it was.    Thanks for the Mother's Day thoughts!  Sorry that your ex continues to bring you down.

Karen, interesting that you are "wanted"!    It is so cool that you can help so many people!  I thought the Matt Fitzgerald book was good, some parts were better than others.  My RB loaned me "First Ladies of Running", which also looks good.  I've heard alot about The Great Alone, I will have to check that out!

Laura, nice running this weekend!

Sandy, hope you are having a great trip!  As great as work trips go.  

Margaret, awesome job on the trail race!   It looks beautiful.  Shade is good.  

Kupcakes, congrats on the speedy 5K!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Elina!

Lizzie, TWO runs left, how exciting.  Saw the pic of you and Emerson on FB, you looked rather at ease and natural...  wink wink.

Damaris, sorry for the sucky run.  Boo hiss.

Diane, big hugs, I understand how you are feeling.  When you are ready, get back out there.  Smile

Judy, good luck with the shoes, hope they don't bother you.

Cathy, congrats to DD!

Yesterday was surprisingly busy in the morning.  Why weren't people celebrating Mothers Day???

Went out for a couple of miles this morning. THANK GOD I am super vigilant when I cross the main road (there is a traffic light.)  Some ASSHAT had zero intention of stopping for the very very red light.  I saw him coming a long way away and knew he wasn't going to stop.  I would have been killed had I not looked and waited.  Run was OK.

Today going to do lots and lots of errands.  Already mowed the lawn and trimmed the two giant bushes in front of my house.  I am sure my asshole neighbor appreciated both.  He ACTUALLY said hello to me this morning.  With a beer in hand as he jumped back in his truck and drove off at 11am...

Excited for Pinelands!!  Woot Woot.  I have FIVE and a HALF hours to kill waiting for Margaret.  My flight got moved up and I get in 90 min earlier than initially scheduled.  Hoping not to be a sloppy mess for poor Margaret.  There is a wine bar in my terminal that should have comfy chairs so I will hunker down there.  (There is the same one in Seattle I used to wait in before flights.)  I will treat it like how I do a marathon - don't start out to quickly, keep an even pace, and slow down as the race progresses.  And eat.

Hope everyones Monday's go peacefully and quickly.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Hello everyone!  Very quick check in.  15min until meeting with boss to grab lunch and then off to the conference.  Fun to see a old friend yesterday but she talked at me for 9 hours!  Love her and it was great to catch up be WHEW.  And oh my gosh it is dreadful down here!  4mi in thick soupy conditions - how to you all (y'all haha) do it?!!

Gatsby - congrats on the race!  Another gorgeous pic, too.  You are a rock star to also put in 8 more the day after 27??  Whew!  I like your priorities on beer, sistah!!

Cathy - congrats to DD (and you) on the trail 5K.  She's just a doll.

Lizzie - I agree, you looked pretty relaxed and comfortable holding baby E.  Cute about him and Ruger haha

Kat - yikes on the asshat.  Glad you avoided getting made into a pancake!  You've got some serious ambition going on for a Monday!!

I am soooooo extroverted out from yesterday and apparently there is a welcome reception tonight.  Ooof.  Lemme grab 10min of shut eye to gear up.  Have a great day!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Where are you Sandy??

So, question for you ladies.  Has anyone tried the Orange Mud packs??  I like a vest - I can carry lots of stuff (read, pizza), but am not really enjoying the bladder.  At least the Nathan one - it ALWAYS tastes awful.  Even new ones, even ones cleaned with the little tablets.  I am looking at the Hydraquiver 2, and it has a little pack you can velcro on between the bottles on the back.   The Orange Mud seems rather popular and wondering if it might work.  I would like to try it on, but it seems as though it is largely sold online only.  Sad

TIA.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Kat, I have the Orange Mud Hydraquiver single barrel.  I don't have any other kind of vest, so I can't compare that way.  I used it on some of my 20 mile training runs last summer.  The fit/function is fine, it fits snugly and doesn't bounce around.  It took a little while to get used to getting the bottle in and out while running.  But it's not as unnatural as it seems.    It does get sweaty, but that's probably the case with most vests/packs.  It also took awhile for me to get used to the sloshing sound up by my ears, since I normally use a handheld.    The wide opening on the bottle is great for easy and fast filling.

dhuffman63

Trails

I have the Orange Mud Endurance pack.  I can shove stuff in the back zip up area, use the bladder or not, put a couple of flasks in the front pockets or put food in there (mostly food).  There's a area behind the bladder where I could have ice put (should have done that).

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Long day! Ready to go!

Glad I am getting out of VA Thursday...downpours Weds-Sun!

Docket – 72 dewpoint..oh geez I don’t even know how you made it to 10! Whew. Good luck with the INDOOR miles tonightSmile Hope you were able to get through the day Wink

Judy – MMMM carbs!!! At least you are staying active! Hope you can be back out on the trails soon.

Diane -  Awe, sounds like you had a great weekend. I am sorry you are feeling discouraged. You can always try for that goal again!

Cathy – Congratulations on the race to both you and DD!! No rain! WOOHOO! Did she get some cool swag? Awesome that your foot felt good! Could this be the turning point of this annoying injury? I will knock on some wood. What is with the storms everywhere?! Its making me nervous for flying…ugh as if I am already not nervous enough! I am going to have to look into reading that book. I need some help with turning negative thinking around Smile The Keto diet would suck. Haha. That means NO CAKE! My co-workers friend got bitten by one of those weird ticks – the ones whose bite makes it so you can’t eat read meat anymore. So, he ate red meat (before he knew) and got SEVERELY ill. No more tacos or burgers for him! That would suck!

Kathryn – LOL, my mom said the same thing to me yesterday. I asked her if she would raise my “kids”. LOL. I felt uncomfortable. But you know – I am getting there. Holy crap on the asshat. Glad you are okay!! I had to laugh out loud at your marathon vs wine drinking. LOL. I love that strategy Smile Have never tried the Orange Mud Packs.

Sandy – Hang in there with the extroverting!! I always leave conferences exhausted. Mostly from extroverting. Nice job getting out there in the soup!!!

Have a great evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Summer misery is here! Was in the 80s and super humid when I went out this morning. Plan was to start slow and then pick it up a little and run the last two at marathon pace. That was not happening. I guess if I was running a marathon in this crap weather I'd be happy with 10 minute miles though, so maybe it was. I am seeing a 7 am temperature of 48 degrees at Fargo, squeeeeee!

HCK, congrats on the 5K yesterday. Was that one of those Women's Distance Festival 5Ks? I did the Baltimore one and the Annapolis one. I remember the Baltimore one was pretty small and I think in May, the Annapolis one was a lot bigger but was in worse weather, like June or July.

Gatsby, nice race/training run for you!

And Cathy, great racing for you and DD. Congrats on her AG placement and super happy your foot wasn't bugging you!

Kathryn, your stuff to look forward to is a fantastic list. I am laughing at you pacing the airport wine bar like a marathon while waiting for Margaret.

Sandy, is it Dallas that you're at? Sorry for the crappy weather, it's what we do down here in the summer. It really hasn't been too bad, it's been warming up but the humid has just settled in the past few days.

Liz, how cute that E got to meet Ruger. And vice versa. I think you asked yesterday if I carried a handheld.....yes. You get used to it, and the one I have I don't really have to hold onto, it just kind of hangs on my hand. I did buy a really lightweight vest with two bottles in the front that I'm going to try this summer. If I'm going to be doing a lot of long runs, the handheld is going to get annoying, I think.

Diane, your weekend sounded fun. Sorry you're feeling discouraged.

Hi to all.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel