Womens Running

What to wear WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Outfits become difficult this time of year. When it is in the 40's in the morning but the high 70's in the afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me. 3 of those 8 were tempo.

Awesome pace out there this morning. I looked at the temperature on my phone before I left and it said 53. I was like oh okay..WRONG. It was probably 44..haha. Not that I would have changed or anything but I may have brought my light gloves! Anywho..great run! Really starting to notice the taper now..I am embracing it so far. I say..so far. Wink

Not too much happening today. I have to hit the grocery store at some point – might do that during my lunch hour. I am thinking breakfast for dinner. Eggs…so I have to go get some. I can only have eggs for dinner if I know I am not running the next day. I usually wake up starving! Smile

Ruger got caught eating POOP. EW. I think it’s the neighbor’s dog. We yelled at him and I wasn’t letting him kiss me last night LOL. But he went to it again today..we had to correct him big time. EW that is gross. Never had this issue with him before.

Sandy – Even if the course was two loops..I could do that. I did that during the Reston marathon. If we decided to do this one I think I would fly out of Washington, DC. I can get a nonstop flight there for around $200..which is awesome. Richmond is always more expensive because it’s a smaller airport. So the race is on Saturday. What days would you stay? I am down! I wonder what their weather is like that time of year?!

Cindy – I have my fingers crossed for your run today! And congrats on 1500 days!! That’s impressive!

Run4kupcakes – I was thinking this morning that I bet I have to rake leaves this year lol. That will make me miss my apartment!

Laura – Did someone say Lost? Did someone say main character in lost? Do you mean Sawyer or Jack?! Both were extremely hot.

Hi HuronHeart! Where are you posting from? From Tessa’s description, that half sounds pretty awesome!

Guess I have to go be productive. Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

10k in wind/rain/darkness yesterday -- my favorite type of run Smile I agree w Lizzie - outfit choice is becoming a problem. Wore termo long-sleeve and the lightest windbreaker I could find and it was way, WAY too warm, despite the crappy weather. Long-sleeve and reflective vest only seemed too suicidal, but maybe that was the way to go.

Also, the HM is next week not this one, saying ''next weekend'' was my mistake of direct LV->ENG term usage Smile

Sandy, ha, being faster when running out of time can be funny. I usually have that situation w runs before sports events; like "Hockey starts in 30mins, thus I have X minutes to run Y kilometers if I assume Z minutes needed for shower/tea/blanket preparation, thus the pace to make it is.... Big grin Btw, YAY, hockey season starts today; EXCITED! Not sure if I will want to wake up for the Flyers season opener, tho. 1) It starts at 5:30am, thus it will end when I'll already be in traffic jams on my way to work 2) Beginning of season tends to be not so exciting as there are no established storylines yet and the rosters haven't gained chemistry yet 3) Late eve training tomorrow - as DH describes these kind of situations ''two-day cumulative sleep would go into negative numbers''. /end of hockey blabber

Karen, your 1min/1min intervals remind me of how we were doing them w teammates in summer, and at one point coach was so far that no one heard the whistle, kept sprinting and coach just decided to watch who'd notice first. Or rather - who'd collapse first. Evil.

Cindy - miniK's arrival is scheduled in approx 1 month (a bit early [long story]), but everything's under control.

Tessa, one of your kittens is named Lizzie? That is hilarious! HCK2 - but, but, but, after ''building'' a 3 foot pile of leave you can have entertainment by jumping on it from the second floor/roof of the house!! #Childhood memories. Hashtag bruises.

Welcome, HuronHeart!!

Edit: boss is going on 2wk vacation starting tomorrow and told me about it w email few minutes ago, adding this at the bottom of it:

Image result for you're the boss meme

.....ok Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Dog walk and core this morning.  Still recovering from vacation!

Welcome Huron Heart!

Bataan--I really want to do that race, but 2018 is not the year.  If y'all start planning for the Mickelson Trail, let me know.  I really want to ride it though. We crossed it many times while driving around South Dakota.

Cindy--awesome swim!!  I WILL GET IN THE POOL FRIDAY!

Lizzie--poop eater--ugh.  Deuce will do that if I don't scoop the yard. Speaking of Deuce---DS2 is coming home for fall break today!  His GF is going to Disney World, so he is bringing her yellow lab puppy Stark home.  I'm preparing for cuteness overload!

And yes---what to wear???  All my fall clothes are calling, but it will be almost 90F today here.

Have a great day!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I got out later than usual but it was a good hour run. Yoga as well some before, some after. I’m trying to stay flexible and maintain proper posture in my old age. The only practical way to do it is every day.

Today I am out to do the trail. Yoga today. Posture work going well, I think. Without a sight line I’m not sure, have to go by feel.  Need to do several errands afterwards and start preparations for a big soup for tomorrow. Chicken broth soup with vegetables.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, we've made it to mid week whoo hoo!!

3 rainy, humid miles for me; rain actually felt good with it being 70 degrees LOL

Huron - welcome!!  We may not live too far from each other, based on your user name Smile

Lizzie - Nice tempo run, Girl!!  The actor is Titus Welliver, Cindy said he played the 'Man  in Black' so I don't think he was on a ton of episodes.

I'm sorry but I LOLd about Ruger eating poop ha ha!!  Have you ever had him eat his own vomit?  That's a fun one, too!

Elina - nice run!!

Sue - awww, have a great time with DS and the puppy!!

Judy - enjoy the trail run!!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Back on the track today. 4 miles total with 6 x 300. My goal was to do the last 3 faster than the first 3, but ... fail.

Welcome back, Sue! I loved following your trip on FB. Your pictures were wonderful.

Sandy, where are you that it was still 70 degrees in the morning? And thunderstorms! Even in NC it is nice in the mornings now.

Karen, speaking of miserable mornings ... I do remember when I lived in Houston how I just was OVER the hot weather by September. Winter running there is pretty nice, though.

Welcome, HuronHeart! So glad you found us. Let us know more about you (well, what you can). I am Amy, 63 years old and been running seriously since 1983. I have two grown sons so my husband and I have been enjoying the heck out of our empty nest. We have visited wineries in 24 states; our goal is to do all 50 ... someday. Right now we are both still working. I am the editor of a small community newspaper in Charlotte (the Jewish community) and I also teach in 3 different religious schools, mostly Hebrew, but also some values-based classes for the high school kids. That's me ... how about you?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 5 miles tonight.

Lizzie, if for work, both those temps call for a blouse and pants/skirts.  No difference. But bring a jacket Smile

Karen, LOL.  I have an exact meme like that for us.

Elina, nice 10K!

Susan, nice job on the core and walk.

Judy, enjoy the trail and yoga.

Laura, nice 3.

THM, nice speedwork.

I am all words today, I see.  Hoping to hear from my parents as it's been 3 days with communications down.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I've seen where dogs will eat poop due to some diet deficiencies.  Kat may know more about it.

Lol, here the building AC is set to sub zero so I always wear a sweater.  In the summer I might were a polo type shirt but right not I have a long sleeve shirt and my "office sweater" on.  I don't deal well with either the cold or the heat anymore.

R4k, the only time I pick up leaves is if I want to put some in my compost heap...otherwise when our yard guy comes he just mows over them.  The trees elsewhere on the property are on their own...lol.

I did my 4 on the TM last night.  Since my glutes were still sore I took it easy and just walked at 3.0 mph.  Depending on the weather I'm planning on doing some miles on the road at home to get some more hills in.  The Pumpkin might be on crushed gravel but it has some pretty good hills.

I've done out and backs and loops and Sunday was my first point to point and I really enjoyed that.  I like loops second best but especially if I only do one...lol.

Cindy 1500 days is incredible.  What do you count as exercise?

Elina, nice runs, especially while pregnant.  I had to go on bed rest with DD at 6 weeks out as I was having contractions...even so she was still 2 weeks early and had to spend 10 days in the neonatal ICU at the German hospital I was at.  It was interesting to say the least.  Especially since I had a C-section and she was on another floor and I was breast feeding her....had to go to her every hour or so.

I'd love to do Bataan too but don't think I can swing that and Pineland and I've already signed up for that.  Sue, puppy kisses are the best.

Hi HuronHeart!

Good morning to everyone.  My co-worker is getting married Sat and we are doing a surprise shower for him at lunch today.  I've had a hard time keeping it secret as I suck at secrets.  I just try and forget I ever heard them so I don't have to lie, I suck at lying too...lol.

Seloc

Cindy – congrats on the 1500 days!!  That’s awesome!!

Tessa – that’s RIGHT!  I remember Fargo starting downtown one year instead of the Fargo Dome.  Maybe for their 10th Anniversary?  Pretty sure it was a one and done kinda thing.  Glad the kittles are doing well!

HuronHeart – Welcome!  I’m Sandy, late 40s, live in MN.  Never married/no kids/not sure why haha.  Been running a long long time – some years more than others.  Back to marathoning these last couple so finally started posting on this board.  Fun group!

Lizzie – OMG $200 flight is a STEAL!  It would be GREAT if you came out!  That would solve my spring marathon dilemma haha.  Probably just drive up Friday and back Sunday but of course you could stay with me if you get in earlier/stay longer.  I’m less than 20min from the airport.  So, if you are in, just pick the cheapest flights that work for you and we will make it all work – easy peasy!  Okay, it’s silly how happy this makes me haha.  Oh, you asked yesterday if chiro helped – I think so?  SI joint feels unstuck – just a little sore still.  Almost mileage/workout twins with you today – woot!

Elina – killer run in the wind/rain/darkness – the triple threat!  It would be hard for me to get out there in any of those conditions haha  Well, since the baseball team (MN Twins) lost last night and are now done for the season, it is indeed time to move on to hockey.  Well, after tonight – MN Lynx (WNBA) has Game 5 and final game of Championship series against LA Sparks.  HUGE rival.  The cool thing, though, is that they are playing at the University arena here in MN where one on of the Lynx star players (Lindsay Whalen) went to school.  Would be SUPER fun for her and everyone if they can pull this out!!

Sue – OMG on yellow lab puppy.  You will have to post pics!

Judy – great job keeping up with the yoga.  I need to follow your lead!!

Laura – ahhhhhhh, you got our weather from yesterday!  Way to get out there in the rain.  Sure is weird this time of year, though, isn’t it??  We are back to normal today 48*/65* which I’m okay with.

Amy – nice run!!  Hey, if it’s any consolation, my last interval today was my slowest.  Ho hum.  At least we are getting out there!!  I’m in MN.  Yeah, that 70* yesterday was weirdly warm.  Back to 48* this morning which is more like it.  Wineries in 24 states?!  That is AWESOME!!  I’m doing Ragnar Napa in a few weeks and am excited since I’ve never been.

Damaris – how’s the asthma today?  Fingers crossed you hear from your parents today!

Diane – great job getting your 4 in last night – sore and all.  That’s really kind of you to throw your coworker a shower.  Hope you can keep mum for a few more hours!!

Ginny - well, I guess I will become a Cleveland fan for the series...

Back to more seasonal weather this morning – 48*.  Ahhhhhhhh, refreshing.  8.5mi with 4x1.5mi tempo in there.  Felt decent though the piriformi are still achy.  SI joint feels good, though.  Not much going on today except I have to work late – well, late for me - 6pm.  That’s all I’ve got!  Happy we’re halfway there this week….

dhuffman63

Trails

Amy, in NE OK it's been 70's in the am for the last 2 days.  Rainy today tho...Sandy is in the MN area.  Weird weather all around.

Damaris, I hope you hear from your parents soon.  The news about PR has been heartbreaking.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hells Bells...

User error, I just lost my entire post and I was done.  Ugh.  Annoyed and don't feel like starting over...

Hi though to Huron, WELCOME to our little world, it is a nice one.  I am Kathryn 48 yr old veterinarian living in San Antonio.  Also never married and no kids.  Lazy runner.

Weather forecast update...  77 and SUN.  Ugh again.  Too damned warm.  Need to start cleaning and packing for the trip.  My flight leaves 8am Friday.  YAY, leaves me time for the expo and exploring, in the rain - the remainder of the days I am there rain is forecasted.

Work is pissing me off, they keep giving the doctors stuff we shouldn't be doing.  Not my job to give presentations to the ENTIRE pet store, likely 1-2 associates at a time.  In 2 stores.  Plus inventory, ordering, tracking orders, and entering labs.  All things a tech or office manager should be doing.

HI and waves to everyone.

OK, gonna post before I delete it again.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Is it only Wednesday?  The foot is feeling better, though I have decided that after it feels good walking I will take an additional week off.  I'm going to be super conservative this time around!    I am going to the dermatologist this afternoon, I have a mole on my right arm that has gotten bigger the past few years.  My doctor didn't think it was bad but suggested that I may want to get it removed.  We will see what the dermatologist has to say!  I am off work tomorrow, I have a dentist appointment and an orthodontist appt for DD.

Lizzie, I have the same issue as Diane, it's always cold in my office.  Sometimes in the winter it gets warm though.  I always have a sweater on!  Nice long tempo!  It was about 59 this morning, I saw a lady running with a jacket and capri's.  It seemed a bit much.    My co-worker told me that he saw one forecast for Oct 15 that was rain/snow and low of 31!  Light rain would probably be OK, though not good for spectators.    One of the dogs that we walk has been eating sticks.  Big ones!  We try to take them away from her.  Stupid dogs!    I have been consistently watching Grey's.  Though I really miss Christina also!   Alex was never one of my favorites, but I actually like his character now.

Welcome, HH!  HuronHeart.    I am 48, in Wisconsin, married with 2 girls.  Currently fighting a bout of PF in my left foot!

Elina, nice 10K!  Glad all is well!

Laura, it felt really damp out there this morning!

Damaris, I am currently working with one of our sites that has a warehouse in PR and they are attempting to get things going again.  They have moved to another facility, their building has damage that will take about 6 months to repair.  I hope you hear from your parents soon!

Diane, have you heard anything about dogs eating sticks?    Nice about the surprise shower!

Sandy, nice speedwork this morning!  We had a storm last night that woke me up.  Warm winters are always appreciated.. though we seem to get more snow when it's warmer.  

Tessa, glad the kitties are doing well!

Cindy, congrats on 1500 days!  Awesome streak!

Karen, you and Damaris, don't know how you handle that kind of weather.  

Happy Wednesday, all!

Cathy

Seloc

Kat - ugh on the lost post and that forecast!  Too warm for a marathon for SURE.  But hey, it'll be a nice little weekend away, right?  And with your friend!!

Cathy/Lizzie - I miss Christina, too!  And, totally agree with you, Cathy, I did not used to like Alex AT ALL.  But they have really warmed up his character in the last couple years.

Cathy - keep being smart with that foot!!

runlikeagirl18

I managed 3.3 pain-free miles this morning, yay! But then I sat in a hard plastic chair for an hour and now the hip is sore again. Trying to decide whether to run tomorrow or ease back into it.

Lizzie - I have the same issue with clothes this time of year, and it's compounded by the fact that I've worked primarily from home for 12 years, so most of my clothes are casual. Today I had to be in the office of one of my clients, and I had a hard time finding something to wear.

Elina - good luck while the boss is gone. A month, wow, that will come fast!

Crazysue - enjoy the puppy cuteness.

Judy - yum, soup.

Laura - it's warmer where you are than where I am! But we're supposed to get warm again for the weekend. I'm ready for consistent fall temps.

Amy - I won a winery tour at a recent charity auction. I need to figure out when to go, weekends are hard when your kids play sports.

Damaris - I hope you hear from your parents.

Diane - I count pretty much anything as exercise - swimming, walking, the Bodyflow and Bodypump classes I take at the Y. As long as it's reasonable effort and lasts 20 minutes.

Sandy - nice run, sorry about the cranky piriformi. Have you tried rolling them with a tennis ball? I've gotten relief from that before.

Kat - ugh on the disappearing post, I hate it when that happens.

Cathy - you're smart to be conservative, PF is a bitch to get rid of.

HuronHeart - welcome! I'm Cindy, age 52, live in NC with my DH and three boys, ages (almost) 15, (almost) 13 and 10. Don't be scared off by feeling like you're jumping into the middle of a movie, it doesn't take long to figure out who everyone is.

Off to get some work done, I picked up a new project this morning.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2