Womens Running

Liberty Bell Wednesday (Read 17 times)

Hi Y'all! Hoping to make it to the Liberty Bell after class today.

I'm in Philly for a class. Monday was travel day from hell.  I almost had a meltdown in security.  It was crazy.  Got to Philly around midnight finally. Class yesterday was good refresher, but I didn't really learn much new. Today after class we are hoping to make it to the Liberty Bell.

My foot was much better by Sunday evening thank goodness.   Think I'm just gonna rest so I don't make it mad while I'm traveling since no one will carry me.

I need to go back and read personals---

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 10 miles to run today.

Sue, glad the foot is feeling better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 speed work miles for me. I did 4x .50/.20 rest.

Great run! Cold again..this weather needs to make up its mind! Shorts Monday..gloves today. Not that I mind the cold, but those are some big differences! Still enjoying "rest" week Smile Massage last night was PAINFUL on my calves..but also wonderful at the same time.

Signed the official job offer letter yesterday. Going to start letting people know today. I need to call her this morning and tell her about my wedding! I totally forgot about telling her when she offered me the job. Hoping it is not a problem..normally I wouldn't think it would be..but since it is 3 weeks off, I worry a little. Once I hear she is okay with it, I will hit PURCHASE on this desk I like on Wayfair. LOL. Smile

Docket – Nice run last night! You killed it. Oh no on the laptops! So what happens now? Had to LOL at the measles kids. People are stupid. Good luck on the 10!

Tessa – I had no heard of Shrove Tuesday, but it makes sense! Nice miles yesterday. I hope you don’t get sick from RN!

Run4kupcakes – TOTALLY agree on the dark mornings! BOO. We should hear about HCF's ultrasound tomorrow.

Susan – Glad you made it to philly okay! I hope your travel home is much smoother! Great news on the foot!

Cathy and Sandy - Hope you two are feeling a bit better!

Happy Wednesday! I keep thinking its Thursday Sad Sad

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

I booked my flight into Detroit for Glass City last night, yay.  I need to switch the hotel reservation as I won't be able to stay on Sunday night because my flight back home Monday is at 11am and I don't want to be on the road during rush hour Monday.  But I'll keep the hotel reservation until I find another one and if needed, I guess I'll drive at 7am.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Wednesday...at least the week is nearly half over.

3 miles after work yesterday.  Will try for another 3 tonight.  Just when the mornings were getting lighter, we change the time bleh.

Sue - sorry about the travel woes, glad you are there and hope you enjoy the Liberty Bell!

Damaris - have a great 10 later!

LIzzie - that is so awesome about the job.  I doubt your time off will be a major issue since it's a few months out.  When do you start?  Nice morning run!!

Anonymous Guest

Woke up to a thunderstorm and thought hey, that's not supposed to be here until later today. It was just a stray storm though, the big front is coming in a few hours. Shouldn't be too bad as we're just getting the very south edge of the huge storm hitting Colorado and Nebraska. But still storms on and off most of the day. I will most like run my 6 easy on the TM in a bit, plus my next kettlebell workout.

Susan, crappy travel sucks. Glad you made it through, and really really glad your foot is doing better. I think it's smart to just take the time off from running while you're up there to make sure it's good. Fitting in running when you're in a class/conference all day is tough anyway.

Liz, so so exciting about the job. I am sure they will be fine with the 3 weeks off as long as they know in advance. Especially since that would pretty much be a deal breaker and they want you! I've had that happen a couple different times I've started jobs and they were always perfectly fine about it since they knew about it upfront.

Damaris, yay for Glass City flights! Enjoy the 10 later.

Laura, it is really disorienting waking up at 6:30 or 7 and it still being dark. I don't know how the dogs have adjusted so quickly and now want to get up at 6 already. Although I will admit not working makes the time change much less of a big deal. Hope you get another run in tonight.

Sandy and Cathy, I hope you're both starting to feel better! Hey, I just realized I escaped without catching DH's "this is really really bad" man cold.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Hello!  Feeling slightly less than death today though still sound like a heavy smoker.  No run.  Might try tomorrow depending on how sketchy it is out there.  Lots of rain today which is great to speed up the snow melt.  Not so great on a frozen ground on top of ice.

Damaris - dang I was PISSED I got sick.  I'm usually more immune to all the airplane bugs!  Yeah, no Max 8 flying for me.  I checked all their routes when that came out.  I think I saw quite a few out of MIA - yikes!  Woohoo on 50th marathon and CAPE!!  GC is going to be EPIC!!

Gatsby - yes!  Nature's Vitamin D is FAR superior to the stuff that comes from a bottle.  This trip was extremely restorative.  Sure hope I can get this feeling to last.  Ugh on the lack of sleep.  Do you take magnesium?  You are a running MACHINE lately!  Awesome job!

Sue - sorry for the travel nightmare but glad you made it safely.  Smart to rest the foot.  No doubt you will be walking some anyway.  Hope you get to do some sight seeing today!

Lizzie - 'cold'??  Really??  Sorry, but that ain't cold    Glad you had another great run!!  Super exciting about the new job.  Where is the new boss?  How on earth will you be able to function without someone breathing down your neck??  hee hee.  I am super pumped for you to get out from under the Mammel.  Which room will you be using as an office?  Ruger is going to be soooo happy to have you at home!!  The kit kat likes to sit next to me when I am ha ha.  Hooray for a massage.  I actually had two while I was in Fiji - I couldn't pass up $30 for 60min!  They weren't the strongest but felt awesome.  And, yes, the calves are ALWAYS the most sensitive on me as well.

Laura - great job getting out after work!  That is harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

Karen - glad you avoided DHs man cold!  Kinda funny - I saw a friend yesterday and out of the blue she said "if a man sounded like you do, he would be on his death bed"  That cracked me up.

Cathy - hope you are feeling better!

Ready for this week to be over!  Because then I surely should feel better, right?!  Plus, gearing up for some epic basketball watching!  March Madness coming soon!

I booked my flight into Detroit for Glass City last night, yay.  I need to switch the hotel reservation as I won't be able to stay on Sunday night because my flight back home Monday is at 11am and I don't want to be on the road during rush hour Monday.  But I'll keep the hotel reservation until I find another one and if needed, I guess I'll drive at 7am.

I'm glad you mentioned this!  It reminded me that I still hadn't canceled the hotel reservation that I made last year, before we got the Air BnB.  Can't believe how close GC is!  Yay.

Turtles, Seloc -- sorry that you guys are under the weather!  Get well soon!

Lizzie, hooray for signing a new offer letter.  You're giving them a few months notice about the wedding so it seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal.  Not like you're disappearing for 3 weeks right after you start.

Waving to everyone.

TURD yesterday due to commute from hell after work.  3.5 hours to get home (usually 1) due to problems from winds.  Trees down, power out.  No storm, just wind.  So WFH today and going for a run shortly.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Hi, everyone! A bit depressed for having to take (another!!) partial rest week, but the eye is currently in, uhm, different colors, so I am not taking any risks. I want to be healthy for play-offs (and MI training, 4 weeks left till that thing begins, gulp) and worry about other things (lack of mileage/LRs, upcoming trail race) later. :/ Really tough to just sit still but it is the right thing to do. 18 weeks (end of floorball season -> MI marathon) is s--tload of time; I keep telling myself that.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Crazysue, it’s good to hear your foot is improving. Do not make it mad. I agree.

To those ladies who are sick and injured, I hereby send healing vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Tuesday I did 50 minutes running on the TM. I had to return to the grocery because their scanner scanned 2 items twice therefore entitling me to a refund. As far as barcode scanners go, I used to have to install them, fix them and try to get them to work. Anyhoo, I took the refund, headed over to a discount drug store and hit a good sale. How can one store charge $1.00 more for an identical loaf of bread than another store?  Geeze!  In the afternoon, DC and I went out to an antique place, then out for corned beef and cabbage. Yum!

The time change has left me more tired than usual. It happens every year.

DS is going to get the big “out west” storm. Hope it turns out to be minimal for all of you affected.

Today I did 50 TM minutes of running, the last 20 minutes at a much faster pace. 
                        Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – My flight out on Monday is at 10:10am. I think Sandy’s is early, too. I hadn’t figured out the logistics to getting to the airport that Monday yet.

Laura – Nice afternoon miles! Its hard to get out there after work! I start on the 25th!

Karen – We are supposed to get some storms on Friday. I was thinking it was too early for storms! But..I guess I have to face the music. Good luck with the 6 on the treadmill. I keep forgetting you have a treadmill. As I am reading about you not getting DH’s dreaded man cold, my co-worker is coughing up a lung.

Sandy – Oh good, glad to hear you are at least feeling a bit better. Having a fever is the WORST. Hopefully you are able to get out for a few miles tomorrow! The new boss is in SC. She seems pretty laid back and hands off. I almost feel lost! LOL. I am like, omg someone isn’t breathing down my neck about the onboarding, what do I do!? Haha, this position will take some getting used to! Especially the work from home part. We are going to set it up in the extra room above the garage – where the treadmill is. We have to do a major cleanout this weekend! Mostly HCF Smile Its time that the college futon goes to the dump! We just don't have the room for it (which is why I want to move..HCF is pushing back). My new desk will be here Friday!! Oh wow! That is cheap for a massage! HCF always tells me about the 3 hour massage he got in Thailand that was $10. LOL. All my co-workers are talking about is the March Madness!

Margaret – OMG that is a commute from hell. Yuck. Good that you are able to work from home today. Hope you had a good run!

Kilmisters – Take the rest, girl! I can imagine it is depressing, but you need it to get better!!!

Judy – Nice catch on the double charge! Did you find anything at the antique place?? I love going in those places. I have never had corned beef and cabbage! I guess now would be the time to try? Haha. Nice workout today!

Heading home soon! Nothing else to report here Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Damaris - dang I was PISSED I got sick.  I'm usually more immune to all the airplane bugs!  Yeah, no Max 8 flying for me.  I checked all their routes when that came out.  I think I saw quite a few out of MIA - yikes!  Woohoo on 50th marathon and CAPE!!  GC is going to be EPIC!!

Not a few, all but two routes of the Max 8 are coming out of MIA.  They finally grounded them, phew.  I fly out in 2 weeks for training and was freaking the fuck out.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Liz, I leave at 11am so I went ahead and got another hotel for one night and canceled that one.  I still need to get me one in Detroit for the night before.  No rush to get there (I assume we are all having lunch or something post race, yay), but at least I can sleep in then.  Food for thought.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, I found a Vera Bradley shoulder bag and 3 history books in my field at the antique place.  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns