Womens Running

It's December! weekend (over 40) (Read 297 times)

ginnyb

Good luck to the racers this weekend!

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Morning! It's cold out there. Hanging out in my car, race starts at 7. I'd like to take a little nap but afraid I'd sleep through the start. So here I sit...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Planning on a longish run tomorrow.  My Garmin watch will not hold a charge at all anymore .  Shouldn't they last longer than 3 years?  Really "ticks" me off!!!  I feel lost without it, especially when I do run/walk on my long runs and now I have no way to time myself.  Maybe Santa will bring me a new one.

Karen...not surprised that you found an ultra to run in February!

Lisa...disappointed that you won't be able to do the Santa Hustle, was looking forward to having a running partner to keep me on pace again.

Gatsby...welcome!   there a few ladies on this forum who are from CA and post late, we all usually read the day before the next morning anyway, so we will read your posts eventually.  I love Christmas too and go a little crazy,  We have been married 42 years this January and my DH asked me the other day  "  well, are we going to overspend this year too?"  Does he really have to ask after all these years?  Good luck with the marathon on Sunday.

Lisa-Marie....no, I am not a teacher, I call myself a librarian even though I don't have a degree, but have been a Reference Associate for 24 years at the same library. 

Katepups....I grew up in Olean, NY.  I ran the Niagara Falls Int'l Half Marathon this past October. My BF from high school lives in Lewiston, NY and I stayed with her.  There is a Half in Lewiston that I am going to do next September.  I live in Northern Ohio now.  I also have 2 dogs, both Basset Hounds like Marjorie, 3 children and 8 grandchildren.  That sentence sounds like Marjorie is a basset hound!  I meant I own 2 bassets as does Marjorie!

Besides a new Garmin I also need new shoes.  I have a terrible time finding a comfie pair of shoes...this neuroma is getting worse on my right foot so I need a lot of toe room even though my foot is very narrow, makes it difficult.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Oh Karen, stay warm and awake!!!   Good luck today!  You will do great!

Ginny

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning!  

Happy December!!  Thanks for the explanation of the November thing!  I get it.  Every day that it's not snowy and miserable in November is one day less of winter that we have to deal with!  

NRR: So, yesterday turned out nothing like I thought it would.   A couple of the ladies who work with me had decided to turn in a Gingerbread House, on behalf of the agency, to our local competition.  i was thrilled that they wanted to do it.  It shows community spirit, and helps keep the name of the agency fresh in people's minds.  WELL... None of us had EVER made a gingerbread house.  And they didn't decide to make 'just" a house... noooooo.... they made a tree house (because a tree is central to our logo).  I surmised at about noon that they were going to need one more pair of hands, so I jumped in.  They did a great job on the structure of the tree.  But, by the time we had it put together everyone was up against evening commitments that couldn't be broken, and I was the one with flexible plans. It was yet to be decorated.  

At 9:30 last night, I put the last peppermint and gumdrop on the house and deemed it finished!  lol   I think I still have royal icing under my fingernails. 

Karen - I am SO glad that I'm not the only data freak on the list!  

Camille - It's on my calendar.   Will you be coming down on Sunday night or staying over on Monday night?

Carolyn - a coke zero for me!

Lisa Marie - 70?  really?  It's in the 20's outside, and I'm fixin' to get ready for a race! LOL

Liaa - Nice 5

Gatsby Bird - welcome!  

Off to Jingle some Bells!  Due to the gingerbread issue yesterday, I didn't get to buy the extra cute stuff for the race.... but hey... it's a race!  woo hoo!  Have a great day! 

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Good luck all!  Is youngest dd's 13th bday.  need to get out of the door for a run first tho!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Actually no Ginny. I read on one site most the Garmin batteries last 2 to 3 years so 3 is good. Just depends on the use etc. My 110 started to die at 2.5. While it isn't totally gone it isn't great so I got a new one and my 110 is my back up. I guess all rechargeable batteries have a life span. My sonic toothbrush usually lasts 2, my cell phone 3 etc., before they don't hold charge very well.

Marjorie

mommymac

Julie - Do you think you can ever again eat a peppermint or gumdrop after assembling the gingerbread house?!

Karen - Hope the race went well; a nap before a race - did we ever picture ourselves saying this?!

Giinny - Have fun today if you are working on your over-spending. I have to start my over-spending soon too.

MMR - DD turning 13 can still be fun; I love my kids' birthdays and any excuse to have cake is welcome!

Hi Marjorie - Are you enjoying a mild streak too? And 70 degrees and eating outside - I've got seven months to wait!

Hi Camille, Judy, Tessa and All - Don't forget to run a few for me. My exercise today will be purging my closet for a Christmas party outfit for tonight. I never did do my cross training at the mall to find that dress. At least my toes are painted in case I go with the killer stillettos. (It's my neck that hurts; at least my legs can look good!)

Looking forward to hearing about the weekend races - keep us posted.

Carolyn 

camille2

I hit some key accidentally and my post disappeared.  : (

Ran 4 this am. I'd considered a new 5k here, but woke up at 3 a m again and was just  too tired to race  Very glad I hadn't registerd-saved $!

RAcers: Cindy, really sending fast thoughts your way. Hoping you get that sub2!   Karen, hope you get another pr! 

And Julie, have a lot of fun!  I'll be coming down on 17th and staying over. I have an aunt S of airport I may visit and the biggest quilt shop in Ga is there. I can be pretty flexible, so as it gets closer, let me know what works for you/your family.

Lisa, has your back problem resolved?   Another teen in the house-hope it's a great day for her.

Carolyn, hope you get some miles in soon.  Healing vibes!

AnnieS, good luck with the ankle. I hope it does ok tomorrow.

Gatsbybird, thanks for welcome to RA and welcome to our RW escapee group!  BTW, we usually go back and read evening posts.  I hope you write a race report on CIM and sure hope the weather forecast changes.

Ginny, I'm having the same problem with shoes. Mine are way overdue for changing and I've bought a couple and returned them. I jsut got a pair of cumulus a half size smaller in wide. the forefoot feels really good, but my heel isn't wide so I don't know if they'll slide. I'll locklace to see if it helps.  Plan to wear them at home today.   What are you wearing for regular shoes? That's been harder than running shoes.  I have a couple pair of clogs and one merrill. My other shoes all hurt after 30 min.  I was so sure I had this fixed last year. 

Marjorie, did I say wow on your miles!  Awesome job.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone I missed.

Linda

Hi ladies:

I've had such a rough week. I don't think I mentioned arguing with DH. We've been fighting for days. We are speaking today, I assume. I'm so glad it is the weekend. I'm going for a long one in about an hour.

I think that we should start making some decisions about our virtual race.  Can we talk about it this weekend and maybe try to narrow something down?

Karen: I, usually, bring my Kindle, and sit in the car and read. You are probably wise not to take a nap unless you can set your phone as an alarm. I'm sure my phone can do it. I have an iphone, but I don't know how to work it very well. The iphone is magical, so I could probably jut tell it set an alarm. Good luck.

Ginny: My first Garmin would not hold a charge very long when it conked out. I had it for about 3 years. Garmin will send you a refurbished one for $85. They are unbelievably quick. The day they get yours, they send one out. I didn't realize that it would be so quick, so I bought a new replacement one, and I planned on using the refurbished one as a back up. The new one didn't even last 6 months. I had a heck of a time getting Garmin to agree to fix it for for free, because I never registered it. they eventually did. I love my Garmin, but the quality of the 305 sucks.

Julie: I't sucks to get stuck with all the work, but a Gingerbread treehouse sounds fun. PICS when it’s finished

Lisa: What are you doing for the big teen b-day?

Marjorie: Shouldn't we be able to replace the batteries?

Camille: My lap top is possessed. It randomly switches sentences, and I am always losing posts before I send them out. You are a trooper, because, usually, when my computer deletes a post I get frustrated and give up.

Happy running.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Anonymous Guest

1:40:16!! I am so excited. Better than I thought I could do. Looked down at my garmin a few miles in and realized I was running at what was my 10k pace this spring. I checked the instant results after the race and it showed me 4th in my AG, which for a race this size with all the speedy old ladies in Annapolis, I am thrilled with. I just checked again and I've moved up to 3rd!! 1st must have won overall masters.

I need to take some ibuprofen and stretch and maybe nap. Will come back for personals once I get down off of this cloud 9 I'm on.

Linda, I was posting this morning from my iPhone. Yes, you can just tell it to set an alarm - why didn't I think of that? Probably because it was too dang early for my brain to be working right.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Did the last 2 miles at tempo and a .2 cool down. I saw a runner ahead of me just when my watch was going to bee 8 miles so decided to see if I could pass them. They were 2 tenths ahead of me. I did and since I was going tempo pace decided to see if I could hold it and I did. It was fun. Linda we should be able to replace the battery but I find once a battery is replaced it never seems to be the same. So I just don't. I tried a few times on my cell phones but that never seemed to last long.

Marjorie

Disney freak

So my first 5K is next weekend. I decided to go ahead and try to do the whole thing this morning without walking so I wouldn't be disappointed next week. (all my training so far has been run/walk ratios) So I got a good 8 hours of sleep, ate a turkey sausage English muffin and drank a few glasses of water. I DID IT! I started out slow, since I wasn't sure what kind of pace would be best. Last half mile was rough, but I didn't fall over when I was done. Final Time: 40:20 Pace:13:05 My goal for next week at the race is less than 13 minute pace and less than 40 minute time. Easy peasey.

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
                            • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
                            • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
                            • training for Big D half on 4/14
                            runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Short version of my RR - I ran 1:58:01, which beat my A goal of sub-2:00 and was just shy of my B goal of 1:57:53 (which is a 9:00/mi pace). I'm very pleased. Back later for personals and a longer RR.

Karen - damn, girl, you are blazing fast!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ajdx5

Hi girls! Tight lipped 6.1 miles for me - time was slow, few brief walk breaks, nose blowing & stops for traffic - but I am really elated to be back out there. A bit of a twinge in the right heel, but nothing unbearable. I hope i'm back to doing 4's during the week & 8-10 on Sat am's soon! One thing...running is *hard*. :blush:
                                I did 4 miles in just under 40 mins Wednesday & just over 6 today in 1:07 & it was work. Roll eyes ... Tongue

Karen - Holy moly!  & Cindy, you're no slouch either, Sister!  

Ginny - my garmin got like that & I just ended up getting another 305 for, like, $120 bucks.  I feel lost without mine too - even if I'm just walking or doing a super easy pace run.

Linda - Tight lipped on the DH issues - don't eeeeeven get me started on MrDel...ir's been a rough year all around ...oh, and nice PR's!!!  Speedy girl!!

back for more later - I hope!