Womens Running

Mildly Monday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Not so bad since a short week for most.

I swear I had posted yesterday but alas it is not there.

Ran 6 on Saturday on trails, then helped a friend set up for her son's grad party.  She had gotten ill right before so really couldn't do much herself.  Sunday DD#2 moved in for the short term since her lease ran out and she is upping her Miami search. Counting that as crosstraining for sure since this is the first time she's lived at home since high school graduation and was sharing a house.

Thanks for concern on run friend.  It's tough since we aren't that close and I'm pulled in many other directions.  Her insurance had been denied by the time her boyfriend arrived with her at the clinic (he had shown up at the house too).  He took her up north for a detox in a cabin.  Not sure what this week will bring for her.  No family here and not much anywhere else that help apparently.  Undergrad from UCLA, juris doctorate from Notre Dame, and a solid personality but life is fragile and addictions are strong.  Friday was no way as rough on me as it was on her but starting mine out with slashing boxes of white wine was a reminder of fragile our grip is at times and how important it is to raise resilient children who know that they don't need to be perfect to cope with things.

Judy-hope your weekend was as peaceful as it could be.

Ginny-congrats on placing!!

Tessa-woohoo to having a run group!  that is a really great thing you are doing with the food!

Marjorie-bummer on the foot. perhaps you should fine a good PT?  <smile>

Carol-nice job on the 12!  you would have done them even if by yourself.

Damaris-I don't think dd is totally unhappy that she is missing some of the summer heat down there.  hope air quality goes up for you.

Camille-that morning did sound lovely.  hard to imagine those mountains!

Cindy-you had already run 8 miles.. you already were productive.  hope rest of weekend went well.

Gatsby-can't wait to hear about States!

Laura and Carol-I'll be spending Thurs-Sun up near Kalkaska.  Any chance of a meetup?  Would love to get a run in with "locals".

Lisa

ginnyb

Really short week for me.  i work through Wednesday and then I am off unil July 16th.  Looking forward to the time off.  We are not doing anything, just a staycation.

I think every muscle in body aches this morning.  Even my arms?  What's with that?  Feel like I was hit by a truck.  I have never felt like this after a race, not even the one marathon.  Age?  Not sure what the problem is, maybe I exerted myself more than I thought.  Oh well, it wil go away in a day or two.

Judy...thinking of you

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

I'm guessing lactic acid build up Ginny.

I'm off to meet trail/distance run buddy for a mix of trail and road before work.  We are plotting out some downtown courses since she is often in court down there.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Did cardio DVD Friday and Saturday.
          No Sunday Buddy yesterday, but I did 40 minutes (slogged) out on the trail. Exercise is so important for me now.
          Doc this morning, work (leaving early), then nursing home. The active dying process for DH is continuing. No tubes except for oxygen. Comfort measures.
          I'm organizing documentation needed.
          Thank you so much for your prayers, kind wishes and thoughts. They are so very much appreciated. :hug::hug:

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Judy, hugs.

Ginny, I wonder if you didn't have heat cramps (maybe also heat exhaustion?) from the way you described the cramps after you ran.  It so, it would make sense that you are sore afterwards.  Just a thought. A half in hot and humid weather could cause them.  It's exciting that you made the podium!!

Lisa, moving DD's belongings certainly counts as cross training!

Carol, some of us think Alaska is wonderful, but it’s not for everyone.  The coast is cool and rainy a lot with summer highs mostly 50-60’s with an occ 70’s. : )  Bummer on your heat and humidity, but sticking it out will make you a force to contend with come fall. : )

Demaris, boo on the smoke. We’d often get that if Fairbanks had a nice warm summer.

Tessa, the pick crew work sounds like a good program.

Gatsby, I hope you survived the weekend!  I'm looking forward to a report.

I finally made it out in the RV Sat night and found there’s a water leak…always something. Despite that, it was very nice evening. I rode my bike about an hour Sun and am proud to say I made it back up the 1 mi hill without using granny gear.  : )  For most people, it would have been an easy hill.

I'm having three couples over tonight. I'd asked 2 then another couple came into town. Seven people feels so much bigger than 5.  Pray for sunshine so we can eat outside...it's a small condo and we'll be snug if we have to eat in here. : )

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, that sounds like a hectic weekend. How long is DD2 there for, do you know?

Slashing boxes of white wine? What the heck do you do with the contents? Not particularly good for the plumbing, definitely not good for the plants, and if MI law is like CA you can't return alcohol. Good luck to the lady. Is she going to AA meetings? And boyfriend to Alanon?

Ginny, I second the wondering about heat exhaustion. That's hot humid weather to be exerting yourself in. Enjoy the staycation!

Judy, thinking of you. Active dying is hard to watch.

Camille, ugh, water leak in the RV? Can you find it and fix it or will it have to go to the mechanic?

I texted RN last night to see if she wanted to run this morning, she texted back this morning that her leg hurt, so I went out solo. 4 miles, to the post office and back. No workout at lunch b/c I'm going to the dentist so leaving early.

Crazy busy weekend!!!  Did the local duathlon- 3 miles run/11 mile ride/1 mile run.  7 minute PR for that course!!! Felt really good.  Had a great ride.  Hot and steamy.  BF just rode the hybrid bike on the course--he is just starting to ride and was really excited to be out there.

Spent the rest of the weekend sewing and cleaning.  

Yesterday morning's run was SO horrible.  SO hot and steamy--everyone bailed!!  We did 6 miles--torture.

Ginny--CONGRATS!!!  Did you drink enough?

My friends are making an electrolyte drink similar to Gatorade:  Fresh (not purchased) citrus juice, sea salt and honey + water.  I need to make some tonight.

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me today.

Lisa yep I need a good PT. Ha. And sadly, life is fragile. Hope she is okay

Ginny enjoy those day off!

Judy we are here for you!

Camille boo to the water leak

Sue sounds like an interesting drink.

Marjorie

6.2 super humid miles with run buddy.  Mix of trail and road hills.  Ugh.  To say it was totally draining is an understatement.  I looked like I had been sprayed by a fire hose.

Lisa

Belated check in... hi to everyone!  Busy weekend up at Auburn for the Western States aid station, which went well.  Got up there at 3 pm on Saturday with my crew of 22 volunteers (plus kids), 5 medical staff, and 2 radio operators.  We set everything up, got out our Christmas decorations and santa caps, and then the first runner came through at 5:40 pm.  It was not a "hot" year, with temps around 90 instead of over 100.  But I think that was why we had so many drops (7) at my aid station at mile 85.2 instead of dropping sooner.   But only one medical drop, the rest were past the 7 am cut-off.  I had to pull the runners who came in after that, which was sad but had to be done to be fair to everyone.  My two RC friends both finished and got bronze belt buckles.  It was so exciting when they came though the aid station!  Got nice comments and thank you's from runners and the RD, which makes it all worth it.  I have such a great group of experience volunteers, they make it enjoyable, if not necessarily "easy", to put on the aid station each year.

I'm currently in Merced for depositions and it was over 100 degrees when I got here.  Ugh.

Some quick personals....

Judy, thinking of you this week.

Lisa, good luck sharing the house with DD#2.  I can't run in humidity, ugh.  Like trying to breathe through a heavy damp wool sweater.

GinnyB, great race over the weekend!  Enjoy your well-earned rest.

Camille, hope the dinner party went well.  Chuckling about your "granny gear" comment.

Tessa, hopefully there were no large parcels waiting for you at the post office?  Could make for a challenging run.

CrazySue -- nice course PR at the duathlon over the weekend!

Marjorie, How frustrating when you have to stop eating something you like because it bugs your stomach.

Have a great week everyone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR