Womens Running

Frittering Away Friday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Big grin Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Car is fixed. Back on regular schedule. Will get new mufflers soon. My state is rusting my car. Dead Yesterday after picking up the car, doing groceries, and the dust settled, I did 35 minutes of cardio DVD. It feels so good to relax after that. I feel like it gets my head together somehow. Everything equalizes. Wink

Track today and then some cardio. I need a good run.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - I so agree on exercise getting your "head together".  Glad your car is fixed...booo...on the rust!

Camille - LOL on picking up the chocolate after hearing family drama....been there, done that Smile   I am floundering a little as well without a formal program right now!

So, how crazy is this - the photographer from the wedding posted a "sneak peek" photo on her FB page - which was the entire wedding party including the ring bearer (groom's sister's son)... she had a fit, told the groom he needed to call the photographer as she didn't give permission for her son's pic to be on FB and that she could sue her....WTF....yep, the rock didn't fall far from the tree.  AND, I found out yesterday the new MIL - did not speak, congratulate, hug, welcome to the family - ANYTHING to my daughter the entire week-end!  I'm afraid my DD is going to have some rough times with this clan....

I went out for a stress-busting run after the above drama...and came home much calmer!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

This morning I got up early and drove to the furthest NW metro station to park and then took Metro into work. It's about halfway between my house and where packet pickup is, and I'd like to get my packet after work. Hopefully by leaving a little early and getting to the edge of civilization I'll beat the traffic that actually commutes in from the boonies.

I'm getting excited!! Weather is going to be cold now, high possibly only 43. I made the decision last night after a short run in capris in 46 degrees that I was wearing tights tomorrow. It's hard, because if it was a short race I'd be waffling between shorts and capris, but since I'm going to be running a lot slower, I think tights will be better. I may even take a throwaway sweatshirt or jacket and ditch it at the first aid station.

Oh, I finally did a RR for Indy Monumental. It's not one of my most entertaining ones because I kept dragging my feet until I forgot a bunch of it. But here it is if you're interested:

http://karenrunsfar.blogspot.com/2013/11/indy-monumental-marathon-and-few-short.html

Judy, glad you finally have your car back!

Carol, oh my gosh, your daughters in-laws are a little bit cray-cray! I hope it doesn't cause your daughter too much stress and trouble in her marraige - sometimes it takes awhile to get everything and everyone to work out.

camille, I laughed too at the chocolate, but only because I'd have done the same thing! I have put on about 4 pounds since Mohawk Hudson, have been eating everything in sight. After this weekend, it's back to paying attention to what I eat and being good!

Yay, a midweek Gatsby sighting! Thanks for the good luck, I think I'm going to need it. Been having a lot of aches and pains, hoping they are mainly taper-induced madness.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!  Spartacus workout this morning was not as bad as the first one.  Hopefully I won't be as sore this time.

Jewelry party this afternoon.  Leaving work at lunch--my house is a trainwreck!!!

Karen--have a fabulous 50 tomorrow!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I didn't run. I'm gun shy. Knowing their is that sore spot I was too afraid I'd get down to my favorite hilly spot and have to give up. Since I didn't want to cry I didn't run. I know I can run and it probably would have been fine but now I'm scared.

Carol oh poor DD!  I'd bet the agreement for photography had that she could post been if not, I'm sure that most people think the posts are a great thing. Some people.

Karen one thing I don't miss with racing is having to figure out what to wear. At least at home if I go out and not dressed right I can just go in and change. When I travel I take a few options but know I can ditch if I have to

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Haha - love it! I told my boss I was going to try to leave early today and she comes in at 1:30 (she was traveling this morning) and says you're still here? Go home and go to bed. But keep eating. But rest. And why are you still here?

Marjorie, nothing wrong with being cautious.

Susan, we have been talking about having a Christmas party at our house, but I'd have to take a day off of work to clean up as well, so I know how you feel!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

annieSusan

Karen, best of luck tomorrow! And good for your boss. She sounds great!

Judy, isn't that the truth about everything equalizing after exercising!

Camille, I am picturing your car veering right into the store parking lot after your family drama phone call. I think we have all been there.

Carol , ouch for sure on the new in-laws. Hopefully things will get better. Do DD and the new husband live close to these people?

Sue,  good for you on the Spartacus workout!

Marjorie, you are going to be fine.  You will get out there again, do a short easy run, and you will be loving it again. Be patient with yourself, the way you would be patient with any of us! By the way, my ankle seems to be completely better. Thanks

for asking, though, cuz it reminded me to do my strengthening exercises.

Good runs, all!

Karen-have a great time tomorrow... you'll have enough of it so it might as well be great!

Marjorie-I can relate, that's why that Alter G is handy.  It sort of eases you back in.

Thought I'd get to run tonight but darn observant PT asked me about my shoes..

PT:  "those aren't your usual run shoes are they?"...

Me:  "they're running shoes"...

PT: "but not the ones you usually wear."

Me: silence

PT: silence, with raised eyebrow

Me:  "okay, I grabbed the wrong shoes this morning"

PT: "and..."

Me: "these are old shoes that I wear just for walking"

PT: "uh uh.. we haven't gotten this far to put you on a treadmill with worn out shoes. no run."

Me: "but...
                    PT: silence, pursed lips

I'm sure it was for the best.

Lisa