Womens Running

TIPTOEING TUESDAY, DIVAS (Read 237 times)

TXAginMS

GSD- Happy Birthday to M!!!

Monk- I have ordered a ton of stuff from Shutterfly this year and its always come a lot faster than they predict on their website. 

MA- Sorry your sleep was disturbed. 

PO- I hope you can find a day to relax. Sounds like life is crazy right now. 

RLTW- *hugs* surgery day will be here before you know it. Hang in there. 

mel- I havent heard of that book. I'm currently reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, I really like it so far. 

klm- Glad to see you back around the thread!!!! 

NC- So jealous that you're almost done with your shopping. Please come finish mine.

athena- Who knew you could burn so many calories that way!! THat's awesome. Good luck tonight on the test to move up. 

lucy- HOpe you feel better! 

TXAginMS

As for me: 

RR: My half on Sunday was a bit of a disaster. We got to the start line in plenty of time but I spent 35 min waiting in line for a porta potty only to have the gun go off when I finally got into one and to top it off there was no toilet paper. Needless to say, I spent the first 2-3 miles dodging people because by the time I got started i was behind the 2:30 pacer. The weather was miserable, it was 72* and 70% humidity at the 7am start. By the time I got to mile 10, I wanted to die. The injury I'd been nursing for the last 3 weeks came back with full force at mile 10. I ran through the pain but ended up walking a lot in the last mile, especially the hill at mile 12.5. Despite my injury and the weather I managed my second best race time 2:09:50 (my PR is 2:02:20)  BUT the "official" race time they are reporting for me is the gun time. It would appear that the sensor did not pick up my start! How frustrating! I won't be running this race again, the weather in Texas in December is just too iffy. I live 2.5 hours from the St Jude race in Memphis and I've ran that one for several years, I think next year I'll go back to doing that race. 

NRR: I'm so busy this week its not even funny. Tonight I have final dress rehearsal for my Christmas choir's performance on Thursday but I have to leave early because I have my cookbook club's Christmas party as well. Tomorrow I have church choir rehearsal. Somehow I have to find time to plan a menu for my dinner party on Saturday night. I just want a night to be lazy and do nothing!!! 

NorCal

Athena- Oh lucky you, going to Hawaii!!! 

Lucy- Sorry you're not feeling great- hope you're able to avoid all of the illnesses going around! 

Tex- Ouch. That sounds like a rough race all around! I have started 2 different races late and it sucks for sure. Way to hang in there and gut it out though. How did DH do in his marathon? 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

Klmcdona

NC- The clean eating is great. I actually have been thinking about you quite a bit while doing it! I'm loving it, but don't think I could ever do it long term. I like pizza too much. My thinking would be to do it 95% of the time and splurge every once in awhile on pizza or cheese ha! Although I would be interested in talking to you about what a typical day looks like for you when you are training.

Athena- wow, you are hardcore lady! I am so intrigued by Roller Derby, but am definitely too much of a wimp to do it! I am 99% sure I am going to do LA marathon. Which ones are you guys doing?

Lucy- hope you feel better soon, but it is definitely going around. So many people I work with are sick right now! I hope you get better before the weekend! What are the plans?

TX- I hate hate hate when bathroom lines or problems ruin a race!! Sounds like you were a real trooper during the whole race!  I hear ya on being busy this week.. holiday time is crazy!!

Monk- yay for Variance! Congrats!! If you see her, say congrats for me!

TXAginMS

NC- DH dropped out of his marathon at mile 18. The conditions were just too much for him to keep his pace for his time goal (under 3:00- he was on pace to come in at 3:07) so he decided that it wasn't worth it to finish and felt like it would be a waste of his training because there is another marathon he's signed up for in 8 weeks so he's going to make that his race for his time goal. Also, I think he felt himself overheating he said his head started pounding and he wanted to vomit so its probably best that he quit. 

athenaofamerica

KLM - It was scary at first, but everyone starts out as brand new (some can't even skate!) and over time you become a total badass! Have you ever watched a bout? It's so much fun! NC and I are running Big Sur on April 28!

TX - I've been stuck in porta-potty lines for a few races myself! It's super frustrating! I'm sorry to hear you and DH had tough races. I hope the next one is amazing for you both!!!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14