Womens Running

FINALLY Friday - Supermoms (Read 23 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

yesterday felt like Friday to me and it wasn't..so it was absolute torture!

ER - ST at the gym.  I'm SO sore from the last couple days, but I already had my SRD this week, so I will push through.

TR - finally discovered the little water slide at the pool.  At the end of each swimming lesson, they all go down but for whatever reason he refused to go on it  when we were at the pool.  Hopefully my parents wear him out this morning, they are watching him since daycare lady is still on vacation.

FR - trying that tofu meatball & spaghetti recipe again - actually following the recipe this time, maybe it won't look like shit. Last time I sautéed zucchini and mushrooms and pureed them in the sauce. DH actually liked it and I thought it tasted ok too, but it looked so bad that I felt like it was a failure.

NRR/rant: My mom suggested yesterday that she bring over some of her homemade pound cake so "B can eat something healthy because the cake has protein (eggs) in it." see how I ended up with fucked up eating habits?! My mom honestly thought cake was healthy!!!!!!!!!! and then to top it off she said, "B needs to eat something proper, he is getting thin and sickly."  I had to pull the "the doctor says he's right in the middle of healthy weight charts" (which he is) to shut her up.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Good morning,

RR/ER - just ST and core work...

RR/ER2 - for whatever reason, I thought I had 3 long runs left before my half... nope, it's 2.. great...

TR - dinner last was roasted chicken, corn and watermelon... and C ate all three!  This was a big deal b/c a). chicken is her least favourite meat and she rarely eats it and b). the last 2 nights she's barely eaten any dinner..

NRR - had a productive shopping trip in the US...we went at the right time as a lot of stores had sales going on, and a lot of items we normally purchase at Meijer were on discounted too..

zorbs - i'm the same way with cooking food, it can taste awesome but if it doesn't look good, i feel like i somehow messed up the recipe....sorry your mom doesn't "get" what eating healthy is about, I think a lot of parents are that way... it's a wonder kids grow at all, being such picky eaters!

runnergirl9508

zorbs- sometimes a light ST workout is just what i need to ease the soreness and speed the recovery process a bit. this heat/humidity is awful this week, i'm so ready for it to cool off again! wow on the cake. my MIL doesn't drink milk, but she "gets her dairy" from the ridiculous amount of butter she puts on her bread. it's so nasty. do you parents take B places when they watch him? my mom always takes R to play at a park, or for a long walk (he walks) so he's pooped after a day with her. 5:30am client showed up Smile

Cx2- glad your shopping trip was a success! glad that C ate so well for you! R recently discovered that he actually likes watermelon, too. i still can't get him to touch chicken though, he's a pork eater. I'm sure you'll be good for your half- you're up to 10 miles for your LR already, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RR: something easy today, around 5 miles. it's going to be stupid hot and humid again, argh. my abs are so sore from the core class i taught yesterday, love it! i never do the same core routine twice, either. Long run tomorrow, squeezing in a 5K fun run that one of my PT clients is having to celebrate her 50th bday. I'll run a bunch of miles before, 5K, then run home.

TR: bought him a helmet yesterday for his tricycle, big surprise he didn't exactly enjoy wearing it, lol. Once  i distracted him he was good though. I cut his hair the other night, had him sitting in a little chair on the back patio. My neighbor was out on her porch, waved to me then went inside. I was just finishing up with R's haircut when neighbors DH came out of their house, holding a camera and said, "i got some great close-ups of you!" um, what?! he put the pics on a flash drive and gave them to me last night. weird. ok, he is like 70 years old, but still a bit odd that he was taking pictures of me cutting my kid's hair!?

NRR: cleaning, laundry, packing to go away for the weekend. We're staying with DH"s younger sister, she has a little boy the same age as R. It will be nice to stay with them vs staying with DH's parents (whose house is curretnly without a kitchen).

Guess I gotta get back to work!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

ER - ST

TR - Came into our room at 4 am and woke me up, shouting "pickle!pickle!" First of all, she has never said that word before. Secondly, did she really want a pickle at 4 am? Regardless, I put her back to bed with no pickles.

FR - Spinach and provolone pizza, caesar salad.

NRR - Have to grocery shop, pick up our CSA box and pack today because we are leaving early tomorrow morning to go camping for the long weekend. We're going with RP and her DH. I'm looking forward to it!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

rr: lr tomorrow. Got new shoes yesterday. Woot!

rr2: headed back to the chiro for some more ART.

kr/tr: school clothes shopping was a complete success.

br: had a great time with just my mom yesterday. And I bought him digger underwear he has been requesting.

nrr: movie night was so much fun. The kids enjoyed the movie and snacks while the adults enjoyed conversation, cocktails (raspberry piña coladas (um so good!) and old fashioneds), bruschetta, beer dip.

nrr2: headed to the racetrack tonight to watch my sisters BFF race. The girls love it so it should be a good time.

fr: fair food at the track tonight?

mrszackmorris

zorbs: too funny about the healthy cake. That is something mil would say. Precisely why I will never trust her with my kids. I thought yesterday was Friday too; then reality set in this morning. Thanks for the tips!!!

cx2: when is your half marathon? Mine's in 4 weeks!!

rg: c is the opposite and wears the girls' helmets around everywhere. I told dh we need to get him one that isn't bright pink.

ernie: what does s sleep in/on that she can get in your room at night?

RR: 8m tempo run this morning.  I REALLY had to drag my butt outta bed this morning.  Once I got out the door I was fine, but man I tried hard to talk my way outta going.

Zorbs: Today I kept think about what you said yesterday about wanting 'race day to suck as little as possible' so I kept putting one foot in front of the other. Thanks for putting that in my head!

Cx2: sounds ike C was probably hungry!

RG: yeah its a little weird your neighbor took your picture.  I had a neighbor once who used to time my runs.  We'd be hanging out at night and I'd say something casual like 'I left the house about 7 am' and he'd correct me and say ' you left at 6:53 am' strange just strange

running eh

RR - have 6 on my schedule for today, but I am moving it to tomorrow.  My alarm went off and I was just too exhausted to get up.  I don't feel bad about it at all Smile  Sleep is important too, right ?!

NRR - night out w. some girlfriends tonight.

FR - thai quinoa salad, chicken wings/fingers

KR - going to the beach today w. a friend and her children.  I'd rather stay home and get organized for back to school, but we have been trying to plan this for a while, so it would be bad to cancel....

I'll try to get back later for personals!

armmama

RR - 6 miles this morning that just felt off.  My right foot hurt, my left butt cheek hurt, it was too warm and humid.  Glad it's over.

KR - had their open houses at their schools yesterday.  There was no a/c in DD1&3's school so I was dripping sweat.  It was disgusting.  I don't know how you can have no a/c in a school.

BR/KR - DH had 4 free tickets to the Vikings preseason game last night so he took DD1 & 3 and L.  They loved it.  DD2 had open house at her school last night so I took her to that.  More of the rooms in that school had a/c at least!

FR - DD2's school is a 1/2 mile from Whole Foods so we went there after open house.  Not a good idea to go hungry!  I felt like I was loading up on everything but  my bill only came to $30, I was shocked.  I came home and made a giant salad, yum.

NRR - date night tonight.  We might spent part of it at Target since we're both out of toothpaste.

zorbs - that is crazy your mom thought cake was healthy because it has eggs in it.  It amazes me how some people are so clueless when it comes to food.  My parents have so much packaged and processed crap in their house and I know I ate like that when I lived there but now it grosses me out to think they eat every meal like that.

cx2 - I've been counting down my long runs for weeks!  Marathon training doesn't seem so bad when I tell myself I only have 4 long runs left.  The rest are cut back weeks.

rg - This heat is making me grumpy.  I loved the fall like temps when I'd come back from a run, wrap up in a blanket and drink my coffee.  Can't wait until those are back!  I'm sure your neighbor thought nothing of taking pictures but yeah a little strange!

ernie - too funny about the pickle!  Have fun camping!  I hope we go next year, I miss camping.

mrszm - yay for new shoes!  What kind did you get?  Glad school clothes shopping was successful.  Ours was this year too, usually they just want to pick out fancy dresses they'd never even wear to school and I get annoyed but they didn't do any of that this year.  Movie night sounds yummy!

dexy - most of the time when I finally get going I feel great running.  This morning wasn't one of those times though.

eh - sleep is very important!  MIL wanted us to go up to her house this weekend but I feel the same way with getting organized for back to school so we're not going.  We were just there last week so I don't feel too bad.

running eh

zorbs - I want some of that healthy cake!  Glad B likes the waterslide now.

cx2 - don't say "JUST STing and core"  that is something I really need to do - that would be more of an accomplishment than running for me!  Glad the shopping trip went well.  I love grocery shopping w/o the kids.  Glad C ate well last night, hope it's the start of a new trend!

rg -hope you can get all organized for you weekend away and I hope R has fun w. his cousin.  Funny about the neighbour, did you see the pics?

ernie - I laughed about the pickle.  DS (who is 5) has a pickle obsession.  He is always talking about pickles.  He'll say "That car is faster than a pickle" or "My baseball bat is longer than a pickle"  I think it started w. Richard Scarry books and that guy that drives the pickle car.  DS doesn't even like pickles!  Once again, I want to eat dinner at your house - I think that happens everyday.

mzm - glad the movie night was a success!  Hope the new shoes are good, what did you get?  Are they a new model for you, or just a new pair of the regulars?

dexy - way to drag your butt out for your run.  As you can see, I didn't do the same.  I need to repeat Zorbs' words to myself too.

arm - hilarious about date night at Target b/c of toothpaste!  Too bad about the AC, I guess for most of the year it's okay, but I think the end of the year would be worst.  Everyone wants to be done as it is...Hope DD2 liked her new school!  Way to get that run done!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Sleep> running today. Might take the kiddo on a bike ride or a run this afternoon if its not too hot.

TR: Slept til 6:20. Going to try to cut R off from sleeping with us cold turkey this weekend. Ugh.  Got 5 timeouts before noon at daycare yesterday. I also think that he is pretending that the built in chairs in his playhouse are toilets and is crapping his pants in there. Both times he has pooped in his pants in the last month have been when he was playing outside in his playhouse.

FR: Yakitori last night. DH claimed it Effing delicious.

NRR: Running lots of house-building related errands tomorrow. Hoping to hit up the Farmer's market too, haven't been in about 6 weeks because I've been too busy.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Ugh. MIL bought R organic fruit snacks like that is somehow better. I seriously wonder about people from our parent's generation sometimes. My mom eats really healthy though, but she's a hippie.

cx2- Glad you had a good shopping trip. R ate home cooked chicken yesterday too- usually he doesn't like it unless its in nugget form- I don't think he likes to have to chew hard.

rg- lol at getting your dairy from butter. At WW we used to tell people they couldn't count cottage cheese as a calcium source because the calcium is in the whey that they strain off and people would get all butthurt about it. LOL at your weird neighbors! R doesn't love his helmet much either- I had to buy him the 3 yo size and its still kinda tight- my kid has a huge head. He doesn't mind it if I wear mine at the same time too- then he's just like mama Smile

Ernie- What kind of stuff is in your CSA box lately?

mzm- We have a racetrack here but I just can't get into it- I went once and its not my thing. I do enjoy the demolition derby though.

dexy- uggg to an 8 mile tempo. Those are hard, mentally and physically.

Eh- I did the same thing this morning. I'll still end up with 20+ miles this week and I'm ok with that.

armama- jeez, how did you manage $30 at WF?  Just veggies?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

I think I might be in love with Kohl's. I hope Target doesn't get jealous.  I had $30 in Kohls cash and a coupon from shopping there in Denver and I just bought 3 pairs of pants for R, a pair of cute black booties, 2 pairs of work pants, and a little black dress for $114.

runnergirl9508

spike- wow, nice buys at kohls! it's been forever since i've shopped there. R is great while i shop, as long as the cart stays in motion, therefore i don't get to browse/try on clothes ever unless i go by myself. and i can't remember the last time that happened! cute about R wanting to be like mommy with the helmet, i never ride my bike and don't own a helmet...hope you can get out for a run/bike later!

ernie- yummy homemade pizza sounds awesome, think i'll make a greek pizza for dinner tonight. have fun camping this weekend, i love camping. HAHAHA on the pickles at 4AM, i'd be so confused.

mrszm- glad school shopping was a success. i'm in no rush for R to grow up, but i can't wait to take him to buy all that stuff! what does your sister's bff race? what shoes did you get this time? DH bought me brooks ghost for my bday, and they are awesome! i hope the ART helps! glad that C was good at your moms. aw, are you PT him right now?

Dexy- i get weirded out by my neighbors paying close attention to things like when i leave for work, etc. I like my own space, and no one up in my business. I guess i need a house out in the country, not in the village! nice job on your run this mornign!

reh- rest up, lady! it's an important part of marathon training. have a fun day on the beach, that sounds awesome to me! mmm, thai quinoa sounds yummy, do you have a recipe for that? yes, i saw the pics- the first one was a total a$$ shot of me, at least DH will like that one.

arm- lol on the date at Target, that sounds like me and my DH. we don't have a WF close by, probably a good thing for my bank account. aw, glad that the kids and DH had fun at the game. ugh, i hear ya on this weather, it's been hot/humid all week. i hate it. a bunch of the older schools here don't have a/c in them either. orientation has been this week, and all the parents ahve been gumbling about how hot the school is. that can't be good for the student's learning!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I either shop online or get a babysitter. Today's haul was online, but I left R with daddy and grandpa and spent about half a day shopping with MIL. I hadn't gone clothes shopping in a store in over a year, I don't think. R is the same way- happy as long as we're moving- gets cart rage if we stop.