Womens Running

Thriving Thursday (Over 40) (Read 197 times)

Anyone in Syracuse or new Univ of Missouri?  2 of the upcoming campuses I'm visiting. Next few months will be busy.

As opposed to otherwise leisurely existence.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday was a quick track run of 30 minutes since I was going out in the evening. Besides, my right foot felt somewhat bruised on the outside edge. It seems better this morning. Smile

Track run today, hopefully with Fast Buddy. I've been running more lately and I think I will have to be more careful to eat protein more often. This is one of those times that there are not enough hours in the day. Roll eyes  And I wanted to add some different cross training. Tight lips

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning!  Lisa, yes, you have quite the leisurely life.  : )   Judy, hope the side of foot feels better.

Gatsby and Tessa, I could jump into a level 1 or 2 Higdon plan without a problem, but I'm pretty intrigued with the Hanson book. I don't think I could jump into it. I'm not sure I can handle the frequency, but want to try a couple weeks to see.

Gatsby, I may have mentioned it, but I've done GO!'s half a couple times.  Nice race and my favorite shirt is from there-one actually fit.  : )

Tessa, watch out for the veggies.  The carrots might be waiting for you next.  : )  Quick healing! I notice it hasn't slowed you down.

Julie, warm is definitely a relative term! Good luck at doc.

Ginny, the races have really become expensive. 90 for a half?  I also hate having to sign up so early!

Carolyn, no help on the TV show. I watch the singing competitions and news.

Marjorie, I got an email from race director at Albany and they'll let me switch up if I want to.  I'll see how Sunday goes.

Hi Laura, Susan, Carol and others who follow.

I'm staying at my mom's tonight and flying out tomorrow.  Still have laundry, packing and a 5 miler to do. I may not be on again till Tuesday, so have a great weekend everyone!

Bikerchick1

Morning,

Quick check in here, off to a conference....it is free CEU's, is in town, and the lunch should be good.  It is on Pain....so not really my "thing" but I am sure I will learn something.

LisaMMR - I would love to be able to make a copy of the heart picture to hold up for "my" run...any idea how? (I know, I know, I am a computer dummy)

Camille - I have never read Hanson's book....I should.  Sounds like you are a busy gal!

Judy - By all means you probably need more Protein/calories, all that activity on those "rodent legs" and you will blow away in the wind Wink

Will do something tonight....probably get DH out to PF tonight.  I am enjoying the weight training there.  Wish I was seeing some new "muscle" showing up....LOL

Carol

mommymac

Good morning - I'm hoping we get the warm weather predicted so I can give my one pair of winter running pants a break.

The image for Karnel's run looks great; need to figure out how to transfer it to something that will be with me during my February 5th run.

Julie - Here's hoping for a "bruise" diagnosis and nothing worse. And also hoping it feels like it's gone as you wait in the doctor's office. The 'ol "I fell better now that I'm at the doctor" phenomenon.

Hi Judy - What do you choose for your protein? I'm starting to feel like I'm turning into a jar of peanut butter or an egg white. Need to find new sources myself.

Camille - What is a "Go" race?

Lisa - Enjoy your campus visits; I remember when the Syracuse dome was cutting edge and exciting to see when driving through the city.

Carol - Your dedication to the gym makes me think it's time to join . . .

Blood orange sunise today so I guess it's telling me to get out for a run; has anyone noticed the days getting longer yet?

Carolyn

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!

I'm off work today.  I have two appointments to try address my ice fall issues.  First, I see the Chiropractor then my regular PCP.   I'm hoping that he'll say that this just takes time.  I posted last night, but it was late.  Sorry if some of you are reading this twice.  I don't want him to pull me off of training.  My first race, The Warrior Dash Central Florida, is on Feb 2.  I've gotta be serious about training!  And frankly... I do not want to go get x-rays of my bum!!  I mean honestly!  LOL

If I'm good to go from the doc, today is a strength day.  Love the weights!

This afternoon, I am on a mission.  I'm going to Dick's to try on running shoes and trail shoes.  My poor Nikes have finally said, "enough!"

Lisa-  have fun in Syracuse!  Maybe you'll get a good snow squall or two... lol

Judy - hope that foot gets better real quick!

Camille - Thanks!  It wil actually BE warm this weekend.  I'm eyeing Saturday at 50 degrees, for a nice outdoor run!

Carol - sometimes CEU's ARE the pain... lol.  I hope the class is good.

Have a great day y'all.  Will check back in with news from the doc.

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsyby strides are part of Hudson's drills and are designed to help with fast running or to get you to run faster.  You run about 100 meters at your 1500 meter race pace so really picking up the pace.  Kinda like a fartlek I guess.  Hudson says they help develop your meuromuscular coordination and improve efficiency at high speeds.  I like to do them at the end of runs just to pick some stuff up and prove I'm not too tired and still have some gas left

Lisa isn't Lisa1216 in Syracuse?  I don't remember.

Julie I think you'll like runningwarehouse.  The prices are great and their customer service is wonderful.  I wore my new running shirt today to try out for another upcoming even many of us are doing for another runner.  It is a saucony and was a great price.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  In court (again, sheesh) but off tomorrow so we can drive to Orlando!  SRD or 4 recovery miles (shooting for the SRD today).

MyMomRuns, morning!

judyruns, glad to hear your foot feels better today.

camille, travel safely!

Bikerchick, enjoy your workouts tonight.

mommymac, I can send you all my weather.  82F of them.  You can keep it until March.  Hope you get your warmer weather.

Julie, hope the chiro helps.

Marjorie, hiya!

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Foggy and warm 5 miles this morning.  And breezy!  The sand was blowing along the beach--ouch!

Glad we attended the funeral yesterday.  There were so many people there.  I stood outside the chapel in the packed hallway.  DS2 went to visitation and stayed for the service.  It was tough.  Jesse was quite a free spirit.  At the end of the service they played a video of him singing and playing the guitar and acting silly.  Apparently it was quite funny (and quite Jesse) but I couldn't get close enough to see it.  Sad.  He would have started medical school in the fall.

Sorry to be such a downer.

On the bright side--had a great night at knitting Smile

Have a great day!  Give your kids a hug and tell them you love them.

Anonymous Guest

I'll be back in a little bit to talk running and personals - I'm supposed to be looking at financials and finishing up our budget numbers for our upcoming board meeting in Arizona. But I came across something in an email this morning and I'd like to get the opinion of the wise forum women on it. As most of you know, I took a different job in my company about a year ago, and now I am bored, underutilized, and working for someone that is a very nice guy and a great salesman, but not very smart. This drives me insane. But we are moving from MD to TX in two years, so I have just been biding my time. There are some great things about my job, like my 5 mile commute, getting Friday afternoons off, and the whole comfortable/familiarity thing.

Anyway, I get email newsletters from the association for associations (yes, there is such a thing) and at the bottom they usually list a few of the job openings that other associations have posted. I've seen a couple over the last few months that seemed really interesting, but have eventually just let them go for one reason or another (and yes, sometimes the reason was that I was too lazy to update my resume from 2007). Well, I have updated my resume, and now a job has come up that looks really interesting to me. Do I go for it? Part of me says no, because it really takes a good year to learn everything there is in a new job, and I've only got two years before I leave town, so that is really not fair to the other organization. But I would be darn good at it while I was there. And I am slowing losing my mind here.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom you may have. Or things I might not have thought about.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

And now proving that I will procrastinate when dealing with budget numbers, I've been messing around with photoshop. I am by no means a graphic designer (as you will see from these pics), but opinions? Suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas? Now that I see them all together, I'm definitely not a fan of the font on #3. I normally wouldn't like the first font, but it just looked kind of "amazing" to me, so I sort of like it here. But that may be just me. Be brutally honest - there is a reason I don't do this for a living. Give me some feedback and I can go from there.

karnel1

karnel2

karnel3

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen...I like 1 and 2.  As far as the job goes, I think you should go for it, but I am not a business person at all....just going by feeling..

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 11.  Another great run

Sue any funeral for someone so young is extra sad!

Carolyn Go is what St Luis calls their race

Hey D.  Maybe we try the new mediteranian place next week?

Karen I like number 1  As to the job go for it.  A lot can happen in two years and moving could be put off etc.  You never ever know.

Marjorie

Linda

Karen:  I agree with Ginny.  I like 1 & 2 the best.

Tessa:  I can't do a marathon in April, because it is too close to my half goal race in September.  I figure that I am going to train as well as possible for the half.  If I up my long run for the half training, I would probabably be in shape to run a marathon.  Last year, I routinely did a long run of 16, If I up it to 20 at least once or twice, and up my mileage a little more-say 45 a week, I think that might have me in marathon shape.  So, I'm looking for a late September-early Novemeber Marathon.  Let me know if you decide to do the San Luis Marathon.  Maybe you could stay over or I could pick up your packet (as long as there is no track meet that weekend).

Ginny:  Happy Anniversary!

Be safe Camille.

Carolyn & Judy:  I eat a lot of eggs--getting tired of them.

Sue:  Life is full of ups and downs.  We are here to share in both.

The procedure, yesterday, went fine.  The doc was almost reluctant to do it.  He explained to me that nothing will make my stomach flat short of a surgical procedure, not even liposuction.  I don’t know if it is true of all women or just me, but my abdominal wall split during pregnancy and healed a little separated.  Also, my uterus tips forward.  It gives my stomach a pudgy appearance.  I can affect the fat sitting on top of my abdominals, but I can’t change the way my abdominals push forward.  I assured him that I understood.  The doc decided to use the small applicator, instead of the large, which brought the price down considerably.  The procedure, itself, was uncomfortable, but not painful.  After, the fat on my belly was frozen.  It was like a red stick of butter sticking on top of me.  The stick of butter was massaged back into place and that was it.  My belly was cold for several hours.  I feel fine, now.  People who have pain seem to say it started around day 5, so I guess, I'll see.  I think even a very modest impovement would be worth it to me.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Docket_Rocket

Hi, girls.  Little bit of a break between hearings so thought I'd say hi.

More shoutouts later but:

Anynymous, I don't know you well but if it were me I would take it.  Two years in a position you don't like and bores you it's not fun.  I have done that And don't recommend it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page