Womens Running

Yeah For The Weekend! (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

Linda

Damaras:  Carjacked?  What happened?  I'm glad your Dad Is OK.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

runlikeagirl18

Wow, Damaris, that's scary. Glad your dad is ok.

And congrats on the PR - awesome!!

Carol - wow, that's cold!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

mommymac

Damaris - We're short on details, but thinking about you and your dad's near miss. Hope all is ok and this was just a random act not to be repeated.

Carolyn

Docket_Rocket

He was driving home and there were two cars coming towards him shooting at each other.  He was just caught in the cross fire.  Unfortunately, this is not atypical of Puerto Rico.  One of the many reasons I moved out of there.  Bah.

Damaras:  Carjacked?  What happened?  I'm glad your Dad Is OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sorry for the lack of details.  Basically, he was driving after a music gig and on his way home, he was driving when two cars were coming behind him shooting at each other.  It was a three lane avenue and he was on the left lane.  They accidentally crashed his car (hitting him) and there is evidence that some of the bullets hit the car, so my dad lost control and crashed on the median.  The car is totaled and he does not have insurance to fix it (this is also typical of Puerto Rico).  At least he has his other car to work.  He is very nervous and everything but better that than dead, right?

Thanks, girls!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Oh my gosh Damaris - how scary! Glad your dad is okay.

And congrats on the PR!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cindy ouchy!  Never chafed there.  Usually my underarm chafes some if the shirt wrinkles.

Gatsby sorry you have to work.  We don't get anything but major holidays off.  I am taking this coming Friday and following Monday off.

Karen, awwww poor dh and his special award.  Sunday not my favorite to travel on.  I avoid it as much as possible.  Especially after a long run.  I have a low grade headache even though I drank a lot of water.  I prefer to just not do a thing after my long runs and really don't want to get on a plane!

Carol yes, I've been back at high miles for awhile.  What can I say, I just like to run far.

Marjorie

Demaris, nice job on the PR!  Glad to hear your Dad is okay but yikes, scary stuff.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR