Womens Running

Floorball weekend (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

Two games in two days.

Yesterday's meeting w CEO went well. MiniE was awake almost whole night; so was I - he was scared of storm and wouldn't calm down no matter what. So it was  bit of autopilot in the meeting, but I managed. Lots of new tasks re: that topic so the fun is not over. I fell asleep right after coming home, so approx 15hrs of sleep... But at least there's some energy for today's game!!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. Heading to Core class in about an hour.

Surprisingly good run! When I was walking down the stairs this morning I felt my achilles (it gets what feels like a "sticky" feeling inside) and wasn't sure how this run would go. This ends me at 57 + for the week. I have a cut week next week and I am ready for it!

Did not sleep well last night. Ruger has a cough - does anyone know (Kathryn!!) if dogs can still get kennel cough even if they have had the Bordetella shot? Ruger had this cough the other day and he was up most of the night with it (meaning we were up with him). Its dry and like he is trying to get something up but nothing ever comes up. Its not constant..comes in spurts. Poor baby.

Not too much on the schedule this weekend. HCF needs to go look at suits. We will probably do that today. I am going to try to not think about the job Smile Have to stay busy!

Karen - Nice job on the run yesterday! That is too warm for March. I think its just the beginning for you though Sad YAY for the pups behaving! A conference?!

Kathryn - I am going to need to see all these tattoos! I can’t wait to see you very soon!!  We don’t have to do shirts - I don’t want to add costs onto everyone!

Run4kupcakes - My brother was sending snow pictures last night. Crazy. Nice run. Glad they made an arrest in the case - thats intense! I agree about the Wave Riders - I am buying them way more frequently these days.

Laura - SCORE on the days off! Nice miles yesterday!

Kilmisters - Oh boy. Good luck on the games today!!

Happy Weekend!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Heading out for 6 easy with friends.

Did not sleep well last night. Ruger has a cough - does anyone know (Kathryn!!) if dogs can still get kennel cough even if they have had the Bordetella shot? Ruger had this cough the other day and he was up most of the night with it (meaning we were up with him). Its dry and like he is trying to get something up but nothing ever comes up. Its not constant..comes in spurts. Poor baby.

Yes, Riley did. One reason we didn't send him to daycare at all until Huckles had all of his shots. It is super contagious and they can get it even if their bordetella is up to date. I forget what they gave Riley for it, but when I took him in they cleared the area for us and put us right in a room to keep us away from other dogs. We even paid in the room instead of going to the front desk.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Aw, okay. Thanks!! Was he acting “off” in general along with the cough? We will have to take him in!  Have a good run!!

Heading out for 6 easy with friends.

Yes, Riley did. One reason we didn't send him to daycare at all until Huckles had all of his shots. It is super contagious and they can get it even if their bordetella is up to date. I forget what they gave Riley for it, but when I took him in they cleared the area for us and put us right in a room to keep us away from other dogs. We even paid in the room instead of going to the front desk.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, yup, Karen is spot on.  Like kids and colds at school, everyone gets it.  Usually antibiotics and cough tabs, THOUGH, it can resolve on its own sometimes.  I wouldn't recommend that approach though if he is stall at it.  Yes, they can feel down, mostly because they are coughing so damn much.

Elina, enjoy the game.

Off to my fill in gig in a few...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.  Maybe some weights and I got my Bosu thingy to do some squats so I should try that.

Elina, glad the meeting is well.  Hoping Baby E feels better.

Liz, nice run.  Awww, poor Ruger.  When will you hear?

Karen, enjoy the 6.

Kat, enjoy the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Aw, okay. Thanks!! Was he acting “off” in general along with the cough? We will have to take him in!  Have a good run!!

He was. Mike the hypochondriac was sure he was dying. Kept us up all night, it got to where it sounded like he was trying to throw up but was more of a dry heave. He was much better once he started on meds - like Kat said I think it was antibiotics and something to soothe his throat.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning. Today saw a decent 10 mile progression run with a slow cooldown. 10.3 in total

Elina...awwww. Poor mini E. Storms can be so scary. Extra cuddles probably helped. And adrenaline will get you through the games. Good luck.

Liz... poor Ruger. My Gus has never had kennel cough so I can't help you. Hope he feels better.

Karen.... enjoy your run.

Kats.. don't work too hard

Damaris.... be careful on that contraption

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Kilmisters

We won the game. I scored a  pretty nice goal - good news. Bad news - got a stick to face from opponent's shot. How on earth do you miss that as referee!? Big swollen bump above eyebrow. I hope it won't look bad tomorrow. DH was pretty pissed there was no call (he watched the game w minis). "I heard stick hitting your forehead from here". Oh well.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

6.4 miles this morning, ran 5 with BRF and her hubs.  So glad to be outside with the sun shining, still pretty cold but felt mild compared to the recent temps.

Elina - glad the meeting went well and you got caught up on some sleep.  Good luck at the games!

Lizzie - nice run. Poor Ruger, hope it's nothing serious.  I need new shoes badly!

Hi Karen and Kat!

Damaris - have a great 7 miles.  Even though I did not run in Fla, I totally get why evening running is the way to go, saw a lot of people out on the boardwalk after dark!

*waves* Lori!!

Hiya!  Weekend check in!  Ran 9 monsoon-ish miles with my running club this morning.  Slippery and muddy, water flowing, and wind blowing.  Because sometimes I am a dum-dum, I wasn't wearing a jacket and was super cold and wet.    The plan was to meet my DH at a coffee shop afterwards, and because he's awesome, he was there with a towel and a jacket and lovely hot coffee waiting for me.

Kilmisters, woo on the win today!  Guessing you have a nice shiner (black eye) from the stick to the face?  Poor mini-E, storms can be scary.  "Mini-E" makes me smile because there's a "tiny-E" in the trail group that I'm in.  Tiny-E is short for Tiny Elvis, who's a little trail-running, mountain climbing, snow-loving, frisbee-chasing dog who goes everywhere with one of the runners in the group.  He's very small -- part chihuahua, but that doesn't seem to stop him.

Lizzie, I saw that you are interviewing and there are job possibilities on the horizon?  Yay, hopefully something works out soon.  Sorry Ruger-buddy is not feeling well!  Hopefully you can get him meds or something to make him feel better soon.  Yay for a big week of running (and for a cut-back week ahead!).

Karen, every time I see a tricked-out Sprinter van, I think of you and I'm jealous!  I saw a while back that a trip to Colorado is in the works?  Any running/cycling involved?  I love planning trips.  Also saw that you've got a 100 miler on your radar for November?  Which one is that?  Glad that the bolt incident with the pup turned out okay.

Kat, did I see that you've got a Galapagos trip later this year?  So jealous, a friend and his wife are there right now.  Sounds like they're seeing amazing wildlife on land, air, and sea.  And OMG, the tortoises.  Hopefully work is tolerable today.

Speaking of exciting travels... Seloc, welcome back!  Sorry the weather situation is no better at home but hopefully the vitamin D you've stored up wil tide you over to spring, whenever it comes...  Yes, smart girl switching to the HM at GC.

CrazySue, saw the other day that you got nice kudos on your presentation (which I recall that you felt did not go well).  Yay!

Lori, nice progression run!  Those are so hard.

Damaris, good luck with the Bosu.  Show 'em who's boss.

LC, looked like you had a nice time in FL!  Yay for running outside today, but I bet it felt cold compared to where you were....

Will try to BBL to catch up with everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

11 miles. Went surprisingly well. Last night my run beyond sluggish. I did 3 miles at marathon pace, 1/2 mile recovery, 2 @ HM,  1/2 mile recovery and 1 @ 5/10k pace.

Lizzie, hope you are able to get Ruger seen.

Kilmisters, congrats on the win, but ouch to the stick to the face.

GatsbyBird, nice that you DH had the towel & warm clothes for you.

HI All!

Docket_Rocket

Ended up sweeping the downstairs (hubby put out more Mexican tiles and the place was full of cement dust).  Now I can breathe better.  So, no bosu but my 7 are done.

Lori, nice job on the progression run.

Elina, congrats on the win and ouch.

Laura, nice run.  Yeah, mornings are too humid (and hot as well).

Margaret, nice monsoon miles.

HCK, nice workout!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me! Going to head over to a body pump class around 10:15.

I am sure most of you are happy for the Spring forward. It makes me sad - haha. The sun staying out later in the evenings means SUMMER is coming  Its almost time for my constant whining about humidity...

Yesterday HCF and I went out and looked at a neighborhood with 2+ acre lots - of course we fell in love. We are seeing what we would qualify for. We may not be able to do it right now - and that's okay. But we would be kicking ourselves if we didn't look into it.

Not sure what the plan is today. Body Pump..and hopefully some lazy time before work tomorrow!

Kathryn & Karen - Thanks for the info! Ruger hasn’t coughed at ALL since his episode in the middle of the night. We are going to wait and see if it happens again. He seems to be acting himself.

Docket - Don’t you know that those bosu’s are EVIL!?! Nice job on the 7 as usual Smile The Regional Director told me I should hear something Monday or Tuesday. She said they are “aggressively” interviewing. She was asking me if I think there would be any issues with a “transfer” between accounts and I told her how excited I was about the position and her reply was “me too!”..so I am hoping those are all good signs. I will obsess about this though.

Lori - Nice run yesterday!!

Kilmistes -OMG. I hope you are okay! Ouch!!! Despite that, congrats on the win!!

Laura - Nice run yesterday!! I am sure the cold is hard to get used to again after your vacay Smile

Margaret - Nice run yesterday! I have had a few like that myself lately. How sweet is DH?! Aww!! Happy that you checked in Smile Was thinking about you yesterday and wondering what you have been up to. Is limiting social media helping? Yes, crossing my fingers for a job!

Run4kupcakes - holy crap, nice run!!! What is next for you?

Happy Sunday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with allergies and the eyes again somewhat swollen, so already took Zyrtec so the eyes don't swell during my LR like last week.  18 TM miles coming up.

Liz, I also don't want Summer to come (I mean worse Summer than we already have already).  Sounds promising about the job. Hoping you hear Monday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page