Womens Running

Christmas Countdown Friday - Supermoms (Read 359 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym.

TR - thought it was hilarious to drink water and then spray it back out all over the table.  Speaking of drinking water, he likes to play with plastic cups in the bath, and drinks a couple of large glasses worth of bath water every single night.  GROSS.

FR - minestrone

NRR - leaving a note for UPS guy to sign for my phone if I'm not home, apparently he does that for DH sometimes..

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 8k with RP when she gets off work. 

BR - "Helped" me wrap Christmas presents last night by trying to tear the paper off while I was putting it on. I've never been great at gift wrapping, so they look particularly interesting this year!

FR - Tilapia, green beans and wild rice tonight. 

NRR - DH is off for the holidays until Jan 2! I'm very excited to have him around as he usually works long hours during the week and a lot of Saturdays as well. I'll have a bit of work to do while he's off, but this means I don't have to get up at 5am to do it. Today I slept in...until 5:52 am. I need to work on that.

Zorbs - Ewww on the bathwater drinking! S is always trying to drink bathwater and pool water and it grosses me right out. What phone are you getting?

Spike - I saw your stroller running tips from yesterday. Thanks! I'm usually able to get a run in on my own before DH goes to work, and S will sit in the stroller for an hour, so it's not too bad, but I would like the option of running the entire length of the 16k trail where I do my stroller runs. Sounds like I need to do more talking/singing while running with her. I already get some strange looks from walkers when they see me running with the stroller, so I might as well give them something to really look at by singing away! 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Marathonjen

zorbs - You UPS guy is nice if he'll do that.  DH was super ticked because he had to sign for a FedEx package and wasn't home so he had to drive 30 min to the FedEx place and pick it up.  LOL on the bath water.  J has started putting his face in the water and taking little drinks..lol.  

Ernie - I give you credit for trying to wrap presents with DD...everyone got gifts in bags from me last year.  The only time I wrapped this year when J was sleeping.  Yay for DH being off for a nice long stretch.  I will happy just to see my DH for 6 straight days!!  WOOT!  Have a great run.

RR - Made it 5 miles on the TM last night at a bit slower pace.  Felt a little off still so I was going to stop at 4 but pushed to 5 and barely made it.  Hoping for something longer today but who knows how I am going to fit that in.

TR - Has his Christmas Party/Program at daycare today at 3:30  I am going to leave work ASAP at 3 p.m. hoping I can get there by 3:30...I might be a tad late.  DH is going to meet me there but will probably have to go back to work.  Is it appropriate to leave J at daycare for longer after his program???  I want to go get a run in and don't want to wait for DH.  DH said he can go back at 5:30 to get J...hmmm...I don't think daycare will be too happy with us.  

NRR - So much packing to do today.  I was sort of hoping to have a snow day to finish it all but no luck.  Our flight leaves at the crack tomorrow morning so I need to get it all done tonight.  My suitcase is already full and I don't have all my stuff in it yet.  Most of J's stuff is packed.  We decided we are going to buy his diapers and wipes once we get there so we don't have to bring so many.  I don't know how you pack all that stuff BERMY???

FR - DH said he will get me whatever I want for dinner for my birthday dinner...my birthday isn't until tomorrow but this is his attempt at a mini celebration since I always get screwed out of a birthday!

Have a great day ladies!!

BermyHorse

RR: srd. Finally. Phew. I have been looking forward to this all week. I got out of bed and hobbled to the bathroom this morning like an old woman. I have another week of hard training ahead so I am going to rest up as much as possible.

NRR: more grocery shopping for the stuff I couldn't find yesterday. We are going for 9am when hopefully my fave store won't be so busy. 

BR: sweet cutie pie. I think he ate more of my oatmeal than I did this morning.

FR: homemade veggie burgers (rice, blackbean, chili powder, pureed pumpkin, onion, oregano, sea salt). They are my fave.DH and DS love them too. Probably sling in some steamed veggies too.

nola - from yesterday - your FF link - I could only think of the discipline they have for exercise and eating to look that incredible. I have so much respect for ripped people. 

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Marathonjen

Bermy - Enjoy your rest day!  You definitely earned it.  Now...can I come to your house for a veggie burger??  Those sound marvelous!!  I hope you are able to find what you are looking for at the store.  That has to be so hard to not find what you need so often.  I don't know how you can cook so many wonderful things with the limited and expensive groceries you have...you're good!

runninmer

Morning!

RR:  5 after work.  I am thinking it is too much to hope for that the sidewalks will be cleared.  I just hope I don't fall.

TR:  Overall, he was really good yesterday.  I honestly don't know how single, SAHMs do it.  At least when you are married (for most people) you get a little break with the sig. other comes home.  None for me last night.  I was spent by 7.  Short naps didn't help much either.

NRR:  No clue what time DH got home, but I know I gave him a kiss.  We were both awake before 5 because of a snowblower, and then J started up.  I went in to give him a pacifier and he already had one.  Seriously kid.  Sleep. I need to get to my parents house at some time too.  My grandma is in town, they picked her up Wednesday, and I haven't been to see her yet.  Doesnt' help that I didn't leave the house yesterday.

FR:  Hoping for something good tonight.  Doubtful as I know DH will want to sleep and not cook.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

zorbs - Well, at least he is hydrating!  i would get mad with the spitting out on the table though.

ernie - Enjoy the time with DH.  Funny how sleeping in gets earlier and earlier.  I celebrate sleeping in at 7.

jen - I hope you get everything packed and ready to go.  Hmmm....I need to try to call my friend tonight to wish her a happy birthday since she will be out of town tomorrow.  Thanks for the reminder! Wink

bermy - Those burgers sound really good.  Enjoy your rest day!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - usual rest day. 

BR - not sure what was going on yesterday but she was a crying, clingy mess ALL DAY.  I'm guessing she wasn't feeling well but it wasn't obvious.  She spent a lot of time sitting on my lap or laying on my chest whimpering.  When I got home from my massage, DH said she was a wreck the whole time and only ate part of her dinner.  She went to bed without any issue though.  I hope she's feeling better today.

NRR - guess who's sick again?  Yep, DH.  Seriously he works in a germ factory.

jen - happy birthday tomorrow!!!

mer - i'm not single, but it def can be mentally draining being alone with a baby/toddler all day..

ernie - my DH is off for 16 days... i'm excited!

zorbs - i always thought drinking bath water was like a rite of passage for toddlers.. kinda like eating dirt...

bermy - i gotta head to the grocery store today too, and i'm hoping it's not a zoo..

armmama

zorbs - eww on drinking  bathwater!  That can't taste good?

ernie - hi!  It's nice to "meet" you!  I am a SAHM with 3 girls ages 5, 7 and 9 and 1 boy who is 15 months.  Nice that your DH is off for so long!

jen - I would think if they wanted all parents to take their kids home they would have said that daycare will be closing after the party.  So they can't expect everyone to take their kids home, I don't think.  Yay for a birthday celebration tomorrow!!

bermy - enjoy your rest day!!  I don't think I'm that sore except for after a race.  I probably don't push myself very hard on every day runs.

mer - I think being a SAHM when you're stuck inside all day is the worst!  Careful on your run today!

RR - may try for a few miles.  Still not feeling great, and my oatmeal is making my stomach upset but if I feel OK in an hour I'll try a run.

BR - hardly saw him yesterday.  I hate that.  Need to move him to the pack n play in our room today since my brother and his gf will be coming into town and kicking him out of his room.

KR - Christmas parties done and teacher gifts given, yay!  60% day today so they will be home by noon.  Totally forgot to give their bus driver a gift (I have always given him something) so I'm hoping to catch the bus when he drops them off so I can give it to him then.

FR - had the best grilled tuna and roasted vegetable dish last night at DH's work party.  I was wishing my stomach felt better so I could have eaten more!  Apparently it's GREEDY Santa, not dirty santa so much.  DH calls it dirty santa so I did too.  But yes, it's basically a white elephant party.

NRR - probably will go to the lrs this morning to see if I can find anything for my brother's gf.  She's just starting to get into running and I still need to get her a gift so I thought that would be a good place to look.

Erniegirl

Jen - Yay for 6 days with DH! If the daycare is still open after the Christmas program, I say leave DS there and go for your run. Even if they aren't pleased with you, they'll have forgotten all about it by the time the holidays are over Wink Happy birthday in advance!

Bermy - Enjoy your rest day!

Mer - How nice of someone to wake up the neighbourhood with a snowblower before 5am. Being home all day with a LO can definitely be draining. I go batty if I don't get out of the house for at least awhile everyday. How much snow did you guys end up getting? We just switched over from freezing rain and ice pellets to snow here. I think we'll get about six inches when all is said and done.

Ctimestwo - Poor DD. Hope she's feeling better today. Teething? Your DH is a teacher, right? How did his one-day strike go? My sister is a teacher and they had their strike on Tuesday. She said people were very supportive and even brought them coffee. 

Arm - Hi! I think you posted yesterday about an awesome 2-minute PR on your 5k race, right? Amazing job! Lol...I was so confused about your DH's work party. I have never heard of greedy santa, dirty santa, etc. Must be a regional thing. Okay, I just googled it and it sounds like fun! 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Marathonjen

mer - Maybe you can pick something up for dinner on the way home?  That way no one has to cookSmile  That is what we like to doSmile  Sorry about J not sleeping the best and being up so early.  Hopefully DH gets some sleep today.  Be safe running out there!!

Ctimes - Ugh on the sickness....I totally feel you though. I think I have either a cold or sinus infection now.  My head is throbbing and my face feels like it is going to explode.  I took meds this morning and they are really not helping.  I hope C feels better today and that you or her don't get DH's illness.  Is he done with school today for Christmas break??

Arm - Glad you had fun at DH's Christmas party and got all the teacher gifts out.  I got J's daycare gifts to all his teachers yesterday so that was a relief.  I hope you feel better today.  My stomach was off for the past 3 days.  I felt a lot better yesterday but definitely couldn't eat a lot still...even though I was hungry.  I hope you can get your run in.  Have fun with your brother and his gf.  How does L do in the Pack and Play?  We are worried that J won't sleep well on our trip since he will be either on a mattress on the floor or in a hotel crib.  Which then means DH and I won't sleep either.

mrszackmorris

rr: 3.5 miles on the tm yesterday. i asked dh for some snowshoes so i can tool around when we get dumped with a foot of snow. 

nrr: best snow day ever. seriously.

br: slept 15 hours the night before last and followed that up with a 3.5 hour nap.

tr: got the girls up this morning and dd1 all ready to go in winter gear only to realize that there was a 2 hour delay which meant she does not have school. needless to say she was in tears.

tr2: dd2 is supposed to have a rehearsal for her christmas program that is tomorrow night but with the delay i have no clue if they still have it.

fr: grilled avocado, tomato, cheese sandwiches were amazing last night. probably free for all tonight.

-------------

zorbs: i cannot remember the last time i had to sign for a package. 

ernie: i hate wrapping and i am so not good at it either. Good thing i am done for the year!

jen: i would guess that the daycare workers are going to assume people will take their kids after the christmas program. Maybe call and give them fair warning if you plan on leaving him. what are you picking for dinner?! make sure it is super pricey! ialways feel bad for people who have christmasy birthdays...so overlooked!!

bermy: love my haircut! So easy!

mer: how much snow did you guys get or where dh plows?

CTimesTwo

ernie - DH is a steward so he was in charge of his group for the strike... he was part of the 9-12pm group and said it went pretty well... before I met DH i wasn't a fan of the union (i'm still not) but my mom and sister also are part of unions so I have to show a bit of support .. ha... I'm glad your sister had support!

mrsz - that's some epic sleeping for your BR!!

jen - DH's last day is today, until Jan 7.... he's pretty grumpy though b/c of his cold..

arm - i hope your stomach holds up on the run!

Oh and C slept 12 hours straight last night... o..m..g... still in disbelief...

BermyHorse

cx2 - you casually slipped in there that DD STTN! That's a MAJOR milestone! Yeah! Go DD!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Marathonjen

mrszm - Glad you guys had a great snow day.  WOW C is sleeping a lot.  How long does he typically sleep?  Poor DD not having school.  I love when kids actually want to go to school. I now really want the sandwich you had last night...wonder if DH can find me that anywhere?

CTimes - Hopefully you guys can all get healthy when DH is off.