Womens Running

Way past Tuesday... Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 239 times)

Or is that title too confusing? LOL

Hatfield & McCoy-who all is considering?  June 8th. $50 marathon or half  <Jan 1

this is exactly half way to my sister's in Wilmington NC.... Taking dd there for concert on June 22 (2 weeks later) and thinking.... wonder if sis would be open to having dd spend a couple of weeks with her. Could drive her down (stopping enroute for marathon) then could then fly down and pick her up from Raleigh (where concert is) later in month.  Is anyone bringing family with them?  would need somone to spend a few hours with dd while I run. Or train her up to doing the half.  LOL The plot thickens....

http://www.hatfieldmccoymarathon.com/course.cfm

Lisa

Disney freak

Good Morning, everyone!

Brisk 25 degrees out today.  My scheduled exercise is Jazzercise.  I've only been going twice a week, (since that's plenty with 3 days of running!) but I've noticed I don't get as winded and it's much easier.  Yay!

I signed up for another 5K this weekend!  It's all downhill, so it should be interesting. I figured I needed more racing experience before the 10K in January.  So I'm going to do this one, and find another one around New Year's.  Weather says it will be in the 40s for my race, which should be perfect.

Winter break cannot come fast enough.  7 1/2 more school days.

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
      • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
      • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
      • training for Big D half on 4/14
      judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was supposed to be my light easy run. Yeah. Well, I ended up doing 45 minutes but a lot of it with coach. He is faster since he is back to running regularly and my skinny rodent legs were floundering...or is that a mixed metaphor? Big grin  It's a lot of fun to run faster.

Today should be a track run.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

Great 3 mile run this morning...cold, but really still and clear skies.  I felt great.  I still do not feel properly trained for the half on Sunday, but will , hopefully, finish in not a too embarassing time.

Lisa...I am pretty sure that I am going to do the Hatfield-McCoy, the half of course.  I could see if my older GD wanted to come with me, she could be with Kaite while we are running.  Glad you DH seemed a little more excited about your bonus.  I actually think I am a pessimist also, but not to the extreme your DH seems to be, I try to fight it, but according to that book you quoted maybe I should just go with it!  I like to think I am an optimistic pessimist!

Lisa-Marie...good for signing up for another 5K, this racing is addicting I tell you.  Even if you are not trying to run in a certain amount of time, there is still just something about being in an organized race.

I am off this morning and have a lot to pack into the few hours I have before work...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

LisaMMR - I am def. considering Hatfield & McCoy.  I am not planning on taking any family....If it doesn't work to drop Kaite off at your DS we could drive down together, if there is anyone else on the way we could pick up too.  The price is reasonable! 

Judy - You and your rodent legs - always cracks me up!

LisaMarie - Ah, the racing bug has bitten you Wink  My goal during the winter is run 3 days and do some other exercise on my off days.

Rest day yesterday - if you can call work, then 2 hours on the computer doing charts last night rest....ugh....feel worse after that kind of day then running 10 miles....today will run after work.

Carol

mommymac

Good morning - Another decent run yesterday; six miles so a little break today.

Carol -Sorry to hear about your dog; went through it recently myself. Have you ever read the poem Rainbow Bridge?

Ginny - An optimistic pessimist sounds like something that comes with age. When we're young, everything seems possible but with age comes reality and a sense of not fooling ourselves.

Thought I'd catch up with x mas prep today but more training in the office. Can't wait to see what 4.5 hours of sleep will do for my interest level and retention.

So much talk about Hatfield and McCoy; is that something we should all consider? When and where? I'll google it, but if you have any details . . .

Off to wrap muffins to get to DD's school for College and Career Counseling Day.

MAke it a good one!

Carolyn 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Don't tell my stomach but I'll do Hatfield and McCoy too. Dh won't mind. I just have to decide full or half. I have the miles to do a full but will my body cooperate? May bring dh with me and we can make it a trip. Maybe he will do the half. Carolyn do it. No time limit a well supported race and they love having runners there, really!

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, busy board this morning!

7 TM miles today, I never made it out to run after work last night, horrible day and had a headache until....I left the office.  Am on the road today so should be better lol.

Hi Lisa - Hatfield/McCoy sounds fun, someday I'll be able to join you all on these adventures!

Lisa Marie - I used to love Jazzercise, haven't had it in this area for many years, though.  Enjoy the 5k!

Judy - it 'is' fun to run faster!

Ginny - enjoy your morning off...which Half are you doing?

Carol - sorry about your doggie ((hugs))  - your work day sounds like mine, ugh

Carolyn - I'll have to read Lisa's descriptions...is it possible to be a pessimistic optimist????Big grinRoll eyes

Good Morning!  Power Hour class was slim today, just 3 of us + instructor.  Glad I got up and did it though. 

Carol--so sorry about the loss of your pup. 

Tessa--FWIW:  I figured if my kids could put out the effort to attend practice, I would put out the effort to see their performance/cheer/dance/game/whatever.  They appreciated it and even commented about parents who never came to any of the kids' events.  Even as they are now older, they know I am the parent they can count on.

The quilty ladies party was fun last night.  We all brought home a full go-box so I have a couple of meals left, unless DS2 discovers it when he comes home tonight Wink

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Yay for Hatfield McCoy!!! I am definitely in - already signed up. Only $50 before the end of the year. For those that don't remember, weren't around, or just have too much time on your hands: Race Report and Pictures from this past race. 2013 date is June 8. I think Tessa's plan is to come out with DS and then stay in the DC area for a few days either before or after to take in the museums/monuments/etc. And most of the Carolina girls are considering it, I think? And Zipper and possibly others from runango. For more pictures and a hilarious writeup from my friend Danielle (T-Rex Runner): Part 1 and Part 2.

Lisa, frustrating with DH. I think I've shared my view of how people don't understand how much work it is to be the positive one, that they think you must have it so easy to see the good in things, but it's a choice and a lot of work. I, for one, am glad you are the way you are - don't let the haters get ya down! My DH isn't always negative, but he does have a voice of doom in his head. Always convinced the worst will happen, that his friends really hate him, etc. If I hear "I'm probably going to get fired" one more time from the guy that has been with the same company since college (so over 20 years), I'm going to scream. Boys are so frustrating sometimes.

Lisa-Marie, another race so soon? Awesome!! 

Judy, picturing your rodent legs floundering.....exactly what animal am I picturing again?

Ginny, just go out and have fun this weekend. Don't worry about time. It looks like a race that is all about having fun. And I'm so glad you're pretty much in for Hatfield-McCoy, haven't seen you in ages.

Carol, yay on HM! I had such a great time with you and Jenny at Detroit, so I'm glad you're thinking HM too. Very sorry about your pup - they become such a big part of our lives and our hearts.

Carolyn, nice run yesterday. You want details, you say? See my first paragraph Smile.

Marjorie, another yay! We'll all keep quiet around your stomach - it won't even know you're doing a race. 

Laura, I've been feeling the same way lately, like crap until....I leave the office. Yesterday a friend and I went to lunch to vent about our bosses and coworkers. She was ready to take the rest of the day off, drive to the beach and just stare at the ocean for awhile. I think I talked her down, but it's just getting ridiculous around here. They seem to have promoted the most petty, vindictive and unpleasant people into positions of power, and those people are making everyone else miserable. Oops, sorry, getting all worked up here, not going to do that today. 

Last night I was so tired after an angry, stressful day of work. I went home and went to bed and thought I might just stay there. Too tired to run. I finally got myself up and went for a long walk - I think that helped. Monday night I had made this chicken taco chili thing for dinner and we had leftovers, so last night I just put that over tortilla chips and added cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole for loaded nachos. It was sooooo good. DH's comment; Makes me wonder what other leftovers we could put on tortilla chips. Sometimes he gets on my last nerve, sometime he cracks me up.

Okay, at work so must get some work done.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen...so sorry it is so stressful at work.  Yes, why do the most petty, annoying people get the promotions?  At least it seems that way, doesn't it?   Maybe that old adage....squeaky wheel gets the grease?  I love my immediate co-workers, but some of the higher ups I could strangle, even in the library business!    I am definitely in for Hatfield/McCoy, just haven't registered yet.  I am thinking of doing Cleveland again in May too, will keep me motivated this winter, at least that's the plan.

Well so far I have run, gone to McDonalds to meet a friend, grocery shopped and made dinner and it is 9:20, not bad!  You know, a man just could not, or would not, do this on his morning off would he??   Sometimes I get aggravated.  Oh yeah and I finished knitting a hat that I have been working on for Christmas for DS's girlfriend!  Now I wish I could take a nap.

Back later

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Linda

I blew off running this morning, and I can't imagine getting one in tonight.  My week had been going pretty well.  I think I am still on track for my 1400 goal this year.  I bought a groupon for Anytime Fitness for two months.  It came with 3 personal training sessions.  The gal had me do something with heavy ropes.  My biceps have never been so sore in all my life.  I did the workout last Fri. and I am still sore.  It is a good thing though.  I weirdly kinda like being sore.  I don't get sore very often (probably because I don't do anything new).  It lets me know I did something hard Smile

Julie:  Wow!  That is a great gingerbread house.

Lisa:  I have never thought  about it quite like that, but I guess runners do have to just get on with it—accept disappointment and enjoy what is there to enjoy.

Camille:  It is better with DH.  We are speaking…

Ginny:  0.0 is pretty funny J

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Anonymous Guest

Just decided that I will run 7.5 miles tonight after work (12k for 12/12/12).

Yes, it is things like this that get me through my work day.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!

Going for an indoor run with RB this afternoon.   Hopefully it will be my last indoor run for the next week.  I leave for GA tomorrow!! Yipeee!  

Camille - are we on for 12/17?   I'll try to send you a PM with my cell phone # on it.  I'm looking forward to a cup of coffee or dinner and chat!  

Woo hoo for all of you who are going to Hatfield & McCoy.  Maybe a half will be in my future after I conquer the 10K (my 2013 goal).  

Lisa-Marie - WOW  I want to find an ALL downhill race.   Mine seem to be all uphill.. lol.  I think I see a PR in your future!

Judy - Skinny rodent legs floundering - is that a mixed metaphor?  hehe

GInny - yay for the 3 miles.  And, I'm sure you'll do great in your half.  You're a tough chick! 

Carol - that's what my winter workout schedule looks like too.  I plan to do 3 running days (and get outside as often as is possible) and 2 or 3 core/strength days.   My first Obstacle run is in February.  So, I can't afford to mess around too much!  

Carolyn - yay for the six!

Linda - I've had "those" days in the office.  Bless yer heart.

Sue - got any pics of quilts y'all did?

Karen - I'm the upbeat one in the relationship too.  I get it.  I am an optimistic realist.  DH is a pragmatic pessimist.  

Thanks to all of you who gave a cheer for the gingerbread tree house.  It was an adventure.  At least next year we'll know what we're getting into!  

Okay... off to the office Christmas luncheon.  

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, be glad you weren’t on an iPad posting last night. I bet that it would have autocorrected “runs of bigeminy” to “runs of bigamy”.

I am very sorry for the loss of your girl.

Lisa & Carol, yes do H-M!

And Lisa, that is a tormenting post last night. Between the description of the progressive potluck (yum!) and the mention of DWD Devil’s Lake, I am envious. And I hope your DH can learn that the default response to good news should not necessarily be “that’s not too bad”, but he may be too old to change. Accept it and move on?

For H-M, I am bringing DS. He will be almost 18. He is young for his age, though, when it comes to the unknown territory spelled “G-I-R-L”. And I want to have him train for the half, though he is reluctant.

Me: You do have a choice.
                                DS: To run or not?
                                Me: To run the first half or the second half. Big grin
                                DS: What's the difference?
                                Me: The first half has the big-ass hill. Cool
                                DS. Roll eyes
                                Me: The second half has the swinging bridge.
                                DS: Dead
                                Me: Come on, it will be an accomplishment.
                                DS: Tight lips 

Ginny, which half were you thinking about doing? Given your limited opportunities to train on hills I would suggest the second half.

Lisa-Marie, running should indeed be making Jazzercise easier. No problems finding a 5K? Some areas have more than others, but December is usually a good month for Santa Strides and Jingle Bell Jogs and things of that nature. I wish they had more NYE evening runs, preferably with sparkling wine at the finish! We have a Polar Bear Plunge on New Year’s Day, but I’m not all that thrilled about going down the slide at the aquatics center wearing my bathing suit, winter white flesh on full display, into the unheated kiddy pool, with the photographer from the local paper waiting to grab a shot of each participant just before entering the frigid water. You know yours was the worst photo of all if you find yourself above the fold on January 2nd.

Judy, slow down if coach is pushing you too fast!

Carolyn, Hatfield-McCoy is the second weekend in June, and it’s on the border between southwest West Virginia and northeast Kentucky. Williamson, WV, and Goody, KY. Yes that would be the back of beyond. Mostly it’s 50 staters looking to score a difficult state or maniacs out there to have a good time. The RD, Dave Hatfield, is really good, and the race is tough but fun, in a part of the country that most Americans have never seen except from 30,000 feet. I did it a few years back, flew into Pittsburgh and drove down with a friend, this year I’m flying to DC and driving with Karen and we’ll pick up Zipper from runango on the way, I think.

Marjorie, do the full, you can have a pit stop at the half point. (Or you can drop at the half if your stomach is just not cooperating.)

Laura, no chance of H-M? It is more difficult when you have kids who need to be watched or chauffeured or stayed with, I know.

Susan, you are right. And I am the parent who is usually counted on. I am at all the concerts and usually volunteering, and I coached the soccer teams. It’s just that this is so darned expensive…and he just announced that he needs new shoes for it too.

Karen, sometimes men are so pessimistic I want to shake them. My DH and yours both! For Judy, I usually picture a hamster, isn’t that what is in her avatar?

And yes some runango women are considering H-M too. Elmtree is a little horrified about the possibility of a swinging bridge, though. And maybe even some WW marathons ladies. (I hang out there too!)

Linda, sometimes it is good to feel sore since you know you got a workout.

Ginny, no, he who had a day off would just now be surfacing after sleeping in, spending an hour on the throne with a magazine, and taking a leisurely shower.

Karen again, that’s an idea…12k for 12/12/12…

4 this morning, and 4.5 last night. Glad I did them because there's a storm coming in tonight, also I have an appointment to donate blood this evening. I will go to the gym today and try to get in some kettlebells as well as cardio, because upper body weights are not recommended for 24 hours or so after having a hole punched in one's vein.