Womens Running

Way past Tuesday... Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 239 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

JulieD, if you are looking for a downhill race, Fontana Days Half is notorious for its downhill course. Tucson is downhill. Mesquite has an all-downhill first half, rolling second half.

But be careful. There is a big difference between "net downhill" and all downhill. Boston is a net downhill. But that just means that the total down outweighs the total up!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11 miles for me in the rain this am.  Cooler today in the mid 50's when I ran but overall not bad and it was getting a bit cooler the more it rained.

Tessa okay.  Just I'll tell my stomach that it is just a half (done twice cough**) so that it will cooperate)

Lisa Marie watch the quads on those down hills!  It can make you pretty sore!

Ginny you will do totally fine on the half!

Carol oh please come do the race with all of us!  How fun it will be!  Losing a dog is soo hard!

Laura nice 7.  Did you get a lot of snow?

Karen boo to the stress at work.  Yay for Hatfield though.  I'm excited so many of us will be there.  Well crap I should have run 12 miles today for 12 12 12.  Dang it.  But I'm not going to do a mile after work so 11 will have to be enough.

Linda the ropes are a real work out and will make you really really sore

Julie the tree house was really nice

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

FYI to those on board for Hatfield McCoy. There are not a lot of hotels in the area. When I did it this past year, I ended up staying in Logan, WV at the Chief Logan Lodge, which was really quite nice for the middle of nowhere. I just checked online and they have nothing available for that Friday night (June 7). So I did a hotel search for the area and the closest I could find a hotel was in Pikeville, KY. It's about 1/2 hour from the start (which is about how far I was this last time and isn't bad). There is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn in Pikeville and both currently have rooms. I know a couple people that stayed in Pikeville this last time and they said it was fine. So I just booked a room at the Hampton for that Friday night, thinking I'd rather have a room available and cancel if I don't need it than not be able to get one down the road. I did get a two queen bed room so can share with someone.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm doing Hampton too!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Cross-posted from runango

Looks like Hatfield-McCoy is the site of the next forum convention! June 8, 2013. This is a Saturday. Who's in?

http://www.hatfieldmccoymarathon.com/index.cfm

Note: this is not close to any major airport. It is within driving distance of most of the eastern half of the country. Between runango and runningahead we should have people driving from Michigan, North Carolina, and the DC area. Suggest other carpools be arranged.

Lodging is limited, sharing a room with at least one other person would probably be a good idea. Book early.

Race is fairly small, very friendly, do plan on arriving on Friday so you can attend the dinner beforehand. Reenactment of the feud is included!

And Dave, the RD, has ambitions to have all 50 states represented among runners. I don't think the race has ever quite made that. Could this be the year?

Arimathea

Tessa

I just booked the Hampton Inn also for Friday/Saturday nights -- presuming we don't want to finish and drive back 7 hours! 2 queen beds also, I don't mind sharing with DS but I don't think unrelated women will want to share with a 17 year old boy. Karen, thanks for starting the logistics.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I booked a studio suite at Hampton so I have a sofa bed available for free for anyone.  I get the room totally for free since i have a ton of Hilton points.  And I have a mini fridge etc in my room.  So if someone wants to stay with me and it is FREE you are welcome to.  I'm coming in on Thursday so I don't risk getting there too late on Friday and leaving on Sunday.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Marjorie or Karen.....I would love to take you up on your offer of a bed...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Karen....I so relate to the work situation - I think we may work for the same company lol!

Hi Tessa, Marjorie, Sue, Julie, Linda!!  Big grin

Anonymous Guest

7.53 miles done. That's right - 12.12 km. I am such a nerd, but doing the math to figure it out exactly in my head and then routing myself accordingly kept my mind off the cold and dark!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sure thing Ginny! That is $100 something you get to save! So yes, you can have it!

Marjorie

ginnyb

thanks Marjorie.....should we bring the dogs???   Just kidding!

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Heehee. They would love it but think it best if we run this one ourselves

Marjorie

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi Lisa, Lisa Marie, Judy, Ginny, Carolyn, Marjorie, LC Runs, Crazy sue, Karen, Linda, Julie and Tessa

sorry, only enough time to say hi and add that I had good news today..my pelvic ultrasound results were normal.

YEAH!

cheers, lisa

lisa

mommymac

Good news Lisa!