Womens Running

Funday Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Let's try to have fun out there!

Lisa

ginnyb

We can try!  At least it isn't November!

Will do my WT this morning at some point.  Work at noon.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

At least it is not November indeed

Snow around here today.

I’ve been doing my cardio DVD every day and the foot has calmed down a lot. Saturday I walked for a good 4 hours during a party at work. It was good exercise.

Today I hope to do a TM run and then some cardio. I’ve been starting to evaluate Qi Gong and T’ai Chi to see if I would like to take a class in one of them in future. I need balance work and I think a class would help.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Great afternoon yesterday-high 50's and winter weather advisory today.  Friend couldn't go to Amicalola so I did hilly loop here. First time in 4 weeks and it was tough despite all the stairs I've been doing.  Has to be good for me though.

Karen, you sure have my sympathy for having to clean out you house. It's a terrible job.

lisa, you're getting in tough workouts!  Good for you.

Ginny, that was an impressive TM run!

Tessa, I hope your kids get more money, too. With two children in college, I'd think so!

LC Runs

2 TM miles this morning, planning on 2 more outside after work.  Had a nice running weekend (though it was mighty chilly yesterday)!  5 on Friday, 4 on Sat, 4.5 on Sunday.  Went down to a snow/ice festival yesterday with my BF and my oldest daughter, it was a lot of fun and I think we ended up walking 3-4 miles total.

Lisa - I will try, but Monday is usually my 'least fun' day lol!

Ginny - have a good WT session!

Judy - glad the foot is feeling better.  We are supposed to get a bunch of snow Wed/Thursday, I've been enjoying the lack of snow so far sigh

Camille - great job on the hills.  I picked a hilly route on Saturday, ended up cutting a mile out of the planned distance of 5 because...it was tough!

camille2

I still only have phone and screen gets too small. I lost a little and was afraid I'd lose more. I may have to buy a new laptop and am considering switching to Apple.

cindy, I think the stairs might be the problem. It might be good to add them in gradually. Good luck to husband.

Marjorie, I got something stuck in a zipper, but didn't have to cut it out.  Good luck to hubby.

Gatsby, it doesn't seem time for Western States already. Hope you feel better.

judy, I hope your foot is better!

hi to anyone I missed!

camille2

Hi Laura!  We'll get better at those hills.  That's what I keep saying.

Bikerchick1

Lisa - You are doing great at the gym!!!

Ginny - Hats off to you for doing 8 miles on the TM!!!!  That is awesome!  You go girl!

Camille - Are you expecting snow?

LCruns - It was COLD out yesterday!  I bet the snowfest was fun.

The Snowman Half yesterday.....all I can say is BRRRRRR.....the windchill was 8, brisk north wind, and all but 2 miles were on ice covered roads.  Lets just say, enjoyable it was not...I ended up with 1st in my AG...only by default (as they do the ages weird) and I was the youngest in the AG.  But there were at least 4 in the group.  We had some funny things happen tho:  we stopped at McDonalds to use the restroom - and this little group of old men, having coffee....I'm talking a couple with no teeth, etc., they must have thought they were quite the Don Juan's tho.  Asking if we were going "exercising"...RB said we were doing a race.  Old guy says "I usually see the younger girls out there running"....then his buddy comes up and says, you pick and I will take the other 4....OMG...LMAO.  We quickly got out of there cracking up about our insult.

Then one of my RB and I ran side-by-side.  She forgot her Garmin.  WE finished and this young thing (we had gone back and forth with the whole race), said "Oh you 2 were so cute out there".....Melissa (RB) said...we are old.

Anyhow, it is all good, right!

Off to work...

Happy MOnday.

Carol

ginnyb

Carol....that is funny about the men at McDonalds. However, that young whippersnapper who said you were "so cute"  not so funny, LOL!  Congratulations on first in AG!

I did do my WT already this morning.  Always glad when it is done, as you all know, WT is not my favorite thing to do.

By the way, in my head, I still feel 30 most of the time.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Fun on a Monday?  6 and the leg workout I did not do yesterday tonight.

Lisa, enjoy the fun.

Ginny, enjoy the WT session before work.

Judy, glad to hear the foot has calmed down.

Camille, nice job on the hilly loop.

LC Runs, enjoy the doubles day.

Carol, nice job on the race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Carol, congrats on the race!  Just one thing...I hope you beat the young thing who said you were "so cute." : )

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, I agree, hope you beat the young whippersnapper who said you were "cute". No worries about the old guys. Hope you made their day by giving them something to look at.

2.5 this morning with RN. We wanted to do more but we were sidetracked -- we found a bunch of mail on the road, scattered along the bike lane, and looking at it realized that it was all outgoing mail, not postmarked, and all of it had been torn open. Our guess is that it was stolen from a mailbox where it had been placed for pickup, since there were a number of different senders, and envelopes had been opened in the hope of finding checks. In at least two cases the thieves were successful since there were a couple of water bills, and there was also someone's application for Social Security disability which of course had personal information on it. So we called the sheriff's station to ask what to do with it. They didn't have a deputy in the area so advised us to drop it off either at the station or at the post office. I took it home and asked DS to take it to the station since he goes right by there on the way to his class today.

PSA: do not put your outgoing mail in an unsecure mailbox. Take it to the post office or use a mailbox in a secure location. And pay bills online if possible!

10 minutes elliptical to warm up then lower body/abs weight machines then 20 minutes on the bike at 129 heart rate.  Funny how I have to go so easy to keep it at only 129 on tm but I feel like I'm working to get up to 129 on the bike.  Different muscles and just don't do bike that often.  For those who would know... would bike workouts help mimic muscles being used on downhills?  Would recumbent or regular bike be better.  The regular is so uncomfortable but I feel it more in quads with it.

Tessa-thank you for the PSA.  Note well taken!

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Made it out of the north before the big storms hit. Actually, although we were getting snow when I left this morning, the temps were slightly above freezing, so nothing was really sticking. And it doesn't look like it's going to be bad tomorrow either. Now in Ft. Lauderdale for two days of technical committee meetings.

I got in around 4, so was able to get in a lovely 4.5 mile run before dinner. I found a little state park between my hotel and the beach with a 1.9 mile loop. It was shaded, quiet and hardly anyone there. Much nicer for running than along the beach like I did last time I was here. I'm going to try to get back there after meetings and before dinner again tomorrow.

I have a bunch of work to do, but just don't feel like doing it. Traveling just wears me out - don't know how Marjorie does it so much. I'm thinking about going to bed super early (like as soon as I get back from dinner) and then getting up early tomorrow to get it done.

Speaking of dinner, gotta go. Meeting one of my chairman that is also here for the meeting to talk about our upcoming meeting in March.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Work seriously has interfered with any time online today.  Just got time to look at FB and now here.

Was a rest day today.  Good think since non stop since early this am until after 8:30 tonight

Tessa yes I've done intervals.  I will be doing a lot of them for a while to get my normal pace more under control.  Just doing easy runs for a  year with little speed work and not caring much on my pace I have slowed some and want to get it back.

No snow here but did rain some and was pretty windy today.  I'll pass on any snow or ice, thanks!

Antique road show is coming to Charleston in August.  I want to go!!!!  Random drawings for tickets and no gaurantees.   I will just have to enter that one!

Camille oh this was beyond stuck.  It was completely up in the zipper and several layers.  I have no idea how he did it.  There was no saving the shorts and now I broke that part of the zipper as I was removing the layors.  I got a bunch out before it broke and if DH hadn't started to mess with it before I got the needle, it would have been fine.  But at least it will still close as he just has to use the other zipper since it is a two zipper close.  So has to just bring it up from the other side.

Carol nice job on the race!

Tessa great PSA.  We never put anything in our outgoing box.  All our bills we do electronically.  Anything else we take directly to the Post office.  It is very very little that ever has to be mailed now a days.  Shoot I rarely even write checks any more!

Marjorie