Womens Running

Woot Woot WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

YAY!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

18.1 miles for me! 54 miles this week!

Oh man that was a good run! Mentally tough because its the longest I have been in a while - but good! Temperature was 60 when I started and 66 when I finished. Once that sun came out it warmed up a lot! I wore my goto long run shoes - Mizunos.. but my feet were not having it today. They just were uncomfortable. If I run a marathon in Mizunos, I usually get 0 foot pain. I think I am wearing them too much because I need another shoe in the rotation. I did see that Amazon has the older Triumph's (from 2 releases ago) - I may just get those for now since they are only $50!

We have some adulting to do today, but after that I am hoping for some couch time! We have a lot going on the next couple weekends so I could use some R&R Smile

Good luck Docket and Lisa!!! Anyone else racing this weekend?

Margaret - I hope you are resting well Smile

Laura - Thought of you this morning - I was listening to my podcast and they said that Rick and Maggie are leaving Walking Dead! Apparently mid-season in the Fall. That should be interesting.

Sandy - How long are you going today?!

Run4kupcakes! Oh MAN! Bummer on trying to get home early and it not working out!

Have a good day everyone!! Where is Tessa???

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OH, SANDY, WE MIGHT BE HAVING SPAGHETTI TONIGHT. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW! Smile Smile

Seloc

Lizzie - omg I’m dying laughing over here!!  I especially like the ALL CAPS!  Hahahaha. Nice run - you earned that spaghetti!  I shuffled through a messily 10. 68*/68*. Ugh. I know I know many have it worse. I just do not do well for very long in all the sweat. It was dripping off my visor. And cld I run any slower??  I think not. But it’s done. Almost talked myself out of it so got a later start. Hope you get some good relaxing time in today!!

Waves to everyone for now. Will try to get back later...

Docket_Rocket

I can’t breathe in Bozeman. Damn altitude.  Heading to Missoula now. 3 miles if I can and seeing Lisa.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

9 this morning. Last run before the newbies show up next week. 2 of the guys this morning were making plans to meet early next Saturday to get some miles in before the group starts, because the group is only going to be running 3 miles. So proud. It was miserable weather but we got it done. Definitely easier with other people.

Dang Liz, nice run!

Hi Sandy and Damaris and everyone yet to post.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Good luck, Damaris and Lisa!

Sandy, as clicheic and repeated to death this might sound - shitty runs make the easy ones feel better. Summer runs make the fall runs feel better. etc. etc. Big grin I have a floorball stick that has ''more you sweat in practice, less you bleed in battle'' written on it w small letters. I broke the thing many seasons ago, but haven't tossed it out because I love that little detail so much.

Lizzie, nice run! Btw, what time do you start your weekend LRs? Today I woke up so late I started wondering if maybe you are already out there Big grin

10mi (16k) progresson run for me today, first 8k slowly increasing pace, then 6k @ HMP, 2k cooldown. Ended up looking smth like this:

Funilly enough, the easiest part was last 3k of HMP section.. where I actually ran below tempo pace. Oops. (Yes, felt even easier than the first kms). Garmin workout feature made the pacing so much easier. I had decided on the starting pace, cooldown distance, then calculated how much I have to drop each km during the 'buildup', then programmed the km splits in Garmin. (The small peak at the start is me checking the pace, thinking smth is off, panicking that I had miscalculated, checking my math midrun, realizing it's all good, and focusing on pace again, haha). The selected course was a big loop to make the whole thing even more interesting and it helped.

Anyway, unsurprisingly, this whole workout destroyed my legs, but I am damn proud I managed!! Heavy rain started right at the end of HMP part (symbolic), but even despite that, once I got home, I wanted to fill a garbage bin, bought for this sole purpose, w freezing water and hop in there (leg muscles always love it). Now, imagine how this whole thing looked to others... Heavy rain. Quite cool temps at that point (around 10pm). Nah, I am going to stand in freezing water in the middle of my lawn!

Random note: got a Whatsapp message from teammate - ''nice looking, running on the highway in those red socks''. Heh. Compression socks ftw! And yes, part of my route (1.5km or so) is on a shoulder of highway. It connects two nice, remote straight roads, making a loop, so it's not very safe to run out there, but convenient.

Random note2: in the first 8kms or so I listened to Freakonomics podcast about World Cup and how it can me compared to economics. Very good one! Also covered the human aspect of the game - home team advantage, corruption etc. Very good one!

Ok lots of blabber from my side, sorry Big grin TL;DR - had a great workout today, happy!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

I can breathe a bit better in Missoula, thankfully, as it is lower elevation. Ran 3 on the TM just now.

Had lunch with Lisa and Abhay. Pics in FB. Will post it here next week as I don’t know how to post from my phone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 easy miles this afternoon. I had to actually go into a bank this morning, something I dread. I now know the dread is because my credit union sucks. This was to open a secondary checking account so I can cash some bonds (since the sucky credit union doesn't do that). So easy and this was one of those things I thought would be a challenge since the bonds are really old and in my maiden name. They actually have the teller in front of you! My credit union started something where aside from a receptionist, there are no employees in the branch that aren't behind locked doors. You do all transactions via video screen. It sucks ass when the only reason you are there is to withdraw a couple hundred small bills and then they want you to verify the amount. Yea, I want to count 300 bills in front of everyone, cause all someone standing there knows is that I have a big ass stack of bills and I could easily be followed out to the parking lot. Thanks for considering my safety.

Docket, altitude is no joke. My in-laws used to live at about 8000 feet. I felt it just walking around. Good luck tomorrow!

Hi all.  Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  I know that I am.  A little bit of running (10.2 miles), some chores and yard work, called a friend and had a good chat (she was a RB but moved away), and now I'm having a beer and thinking about the spaghetti I'm going to fix for dinner.

Lizzie, you planted the idea of spaghetti in my mind.  When I was in the store today, I was suddenly craving it!  I'm going to throw in some ground turkey and red pepper.  I'm usually to lazy to cook but I'll make an exception for spaghetti.  Nice LR!  And hard to beat $50 shoes.

Seloc, we were mileage twins today!  But not weather twins.  I finally googled dewpoint versus humidity.  I sort of get it.  Here on the coast we have high humidity sometimes because of the fog (e.g. >80% humidity today and water was beading up on my eyelashes and hair from the fog) but temps were low 60s so it was not oppressive.

Karen, excited for your baby runners.  Tell them my story about doing a really sucky marathon because I was not smart enough to train like they are.  Then tell them no matter how sucky it seems, they should keep going and some day they might find themselves doing a 50.    From the other day: I love that one of your runners reported back about the HM and marathon that he's planning.  You must be so proud.

Kilmisters, that's an impressive chart from your run.  If the workout didn't destroy your legs, then it would mean you were not doing it right.  So did you fill the bin with ice water and climb in?  

HCK, customer service in banking is a lost art.  Nice that the bank was able to do what you needed.

Damaris, Lisa (and Abhay) -- have a great marathon in Missoula tomorrow!

From FB (Damaris on the left, Lisa on the right):

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Woot Woot Lizzie on the run!  Score on the shoes.  You and HCF are such a cutie pie couple, from your IG photo.  I hope you got some good couch time in and the spaghetti was yummy.  When AREN'T you a busy woman??  You always have lots to do.

Sandy, glad you persevered and got your run in.  Dripping of the visor, um, yuck??

Damaris, glad you are feeling better in Missoula.  Have a fab race tomorrow.  Is DH running as well?  Go get 'em!!!  And nice pic of you and Lisa.

Karen, nice run and so proud of your newbies too.  Hope the next batch is kick ass!!!

Elina, blabber away!!  What is WhatsApp??  The hotel we booked at uses it and I had no idea what it is.

Margaret, mmm on the beer.  I keep seeing the beer you liked so much in Maine.  The one with the fish on it, Two Headed Ale or something like that.  It always reminds me of you and the weekend!

Jack all going on in my life.  Mom went home, phew.  Overall it was an OK visit.  She just can't do what she used to and won't admit it.  Also is getting a bit gullible.  Computer stuff currently.  What happens to you when you age you just get schnookered more easily. Not that it hasn't happened to me, but still.  Some common sense things seem to have gone out the window.  Just worry about her mostly.

No running, no walking, just sitting.  Strangely I have TOO much time on my hands.  The new work situation just leaves me with lots of time.  I am in a mini-funk over it.  Hopefully Monday I can pull my head out of my rear and get out for at least 2 miles.  I work early tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else.  Once I start getting out again, I might be back more.  You guys are the best!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Margaret, mmm on the beer.  I keep seeing the beer you liked so much in Maine.  The one with the fish on it, Two Headed Ale or something like that.  It always reminds me of you and the weekend!

This one?

I liked it so much I just went and found a picture of it.    If Lisa is checking in, she should tell Abhay that we're still talking about his beer.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, I heart Montana. Both Bozeman and Missoula. Even Billings. Hope you had a good time! Envious but work was so crazy that it would have been a very bad idea to head up there this week.

Good luck racers! Anyone beside the Missoula people?

Margaret and others, regarding spaghetti, if you have access to the NYT Cooking take a look at the spaghetti tahdig recipe. in essence you make the spaghetti then fry it into a cake. Delicious.

Karen, good luck with all those baby runners!

Tried for 20 this morning, did not make it. Too hot and blazing sun. After 15 I headed for the bus stop and took the bus back to my car.

Then did six loads of laundry, converted 15 pounds of apples into pies, and made dinner. Tomorrow i have to make marmalade, do the floors, and do homework. So looking forward to vacation this week....starts Wednesday.

LC Runs

Happy Weekend!

3.1 yesterday, wow it was humid since I didn't go until 10:30 am.  Probably a repeat today since currently I'm on the couch and not in any hurry to move LOL.

I did sign up for a fairly local 10K in a couple of weeks, I have done it 3 or 4 times and really like it.  The course is around a lake.

Today is my youngest son's 14th birthday.  We did cake and presents last night since he's going out to dinner with his Dad tonight.  Heading to the beach later today.

Lizzie - wow Great run yesterday!!  I had heard Rick was leaving TWD but didn't know about Maggie.  There are a few other people I would like to see killed off.  My favorite is Carol - she's a Bada$$!!

Sandy - great 10!  Now I want  spaghetti LOL

Damaris - good luck to you and LIsa!!

Karen - great 9 and that is awesome about your runners!

Elina - I"m glad you had a great workout!!

K - glad it worked out at the credit union for you.  I have never heard of video bank tellers, all of our banks/credit union still use live people!

Margaret- glad you are having a great weekend!  That is Two Hearted Ale, my BF loves it!

Kat - I missed the latest about your job, I know the store was closing but what is the update about your position?  WhatsApp is a messaging system (texting), that's how my DD and I communicated while she was in Italy.

Tessa - I am tired just reading about your day!!  You deserve a vacation!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

That run yesterday wiped me out. We did a lot of running around yesterday and there was a moment when my legs locked and I thought I was going to fall over. Almost like they were on the verge of getting a massive painful cramp. I obviously needed a ton of water.

I need to clean today. Bathrooms, floors, and laundry. That will be my cross training Smile We made plans to do dinner tonight with some of HCF's friends. Kinda wish we didn't because it is on the OTHER SIDE of town. On a Sunday night. Ugh. Oh well, I will suck it up. I hate being out past my bedtime Smile

Already dreading work tomorrow. This week is not going to be fun with the CEO of our client coming to town. Lots to prep and a lot of people demanding things. I have gotten 36 emails about it over the weekend.  Can I just call in sick?!

Sandy - Hey, nice job on that 10! That is hot! I notice I’m a lot slower even when dew point is at 60. Its annoying. I was thinking this morning..ugh, I don’t want to get out there tomorrow when that dew point is at 70 - maybe I just do the half at Twin Cities. Hahaha. No. Seriously. We will see - but as of right now my mind may be leaning that way. It has been for a couple weeks. I need to sign up for Toledo! But I am thinking that is going to be my only Spring marathon next year! What are you up to this weekend?! I did have spaghetti last night and it WAS AMAZING. Maybe I make spaghetti after Richmond Marathon hahaha Smile

Karen - Nice run yesterday! I love watching you coach. It really is inspiring and your calling Smile I wish I lived near you (if you didnt live in TX Wink ) I would soooo join!

Kilmisters - I start the weekend ones around 4:30am. I am so used to the dark..that I like to start when it is dark. And at 4:30..its only dark for about 45 minutes. PLUS with it being so hot, I want to get a head start before the sun beams down. In the winter I might be a little more relaxed about the start time Smile WOW NICE RUN yesterday!! I bet those legs are trashed. Laughing that someone saw you on the highway! Be careful!!! Your podcasts are a lot different than mine! LOL..Mine are just trash..but it keeps me entertained. Sometimes I have to stop because I am laughing so hard.

Run4kupcakes - That is so weird about your bank!! I have never seen that before.

Margaret - Nice run yesterday! YAY for spaghetti!! We put ground beef in there..but that is it. Yours sounds good thought. MMMM. I could eat spaghetti everyday. Maybe you should since you are going to be running 50 miles in a week Wink

Kathryn - Good to hear from you Smile Glad the visit went okay. You know, my grandpa is real gullible with the internet stuff. He actually got suckered into a scam a few months ago and was out about $5,000. Crazy that they believe this stuff! Time on your hands is good! Right? WhatsApp is like a texting app. BUT it is extra secure. I think the messages delete so there is no trace? I don’t know that is just what I heard.Any update on a job after your current one officially ends? Or did I miss that?

Tessa - Cake spaghetti!? I am in! Nice 15!! Are you still in an awful heat wave?? HOLY CRAP you were busy yesterday and will be today! Are you going anywhere special on your vacation?

Hi Laura!! Nice miles yesterday. I am in the same mood this morning - sitting on my couch not wanting to move Smile Happy BD to your son!!! YAY for the race sign up!

Happy Sunday!