Womens Running

Vanilla MILKSHAKE THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

MMMMMMMM now I want a milkshake! I LOVE the vanilla malt milkshake this local ice cream place makes where I grew up. Carols was the  name..they are famous for their old fashioned soft serve machines!

Now I really want one.

What is your favorite milkshake?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day. Went to Body Pump class.

Great class. I am jello so that means it went good, right? There were only 2 of us in the class today! Haha. I guess everyone is vacationing? Who knows. Glad I went.

Quick fly by..I am traveling today. Hopefully will be home early afternoon!

Run4kupcakes - I wouldn't really use plastic..its just crazy how much it costs! But, if you have an outdoorsy wedding that is laid back I can see the plastic. Plastic in the venue I have chosen would look silly.

Docket - ANY NEWS?!

Okay, I am off. I will catch up with everyone else later!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie,  this wedding was in a fancy ballroom! It looked tacky.

Howdy! HOT and STEAMY 5 miles w Steve this morning. We both needed walk breaks. New just said the "feels like" temp is 103! No wonder.

I like milkshakes but don't get them often.  Today is "Take a recess at work day". I can get into that.

WFH today, may go in for an hour.  Chiro this afternoon, DH will be home this evening.  YAY!!!

Lizzie---We went for real plates and silverware.  I would never use plasticware for friends and family at my house, and I was not going to do it at my wedding reception. I cut out a lot of extraneous kitchy crap and saved there.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  RD for me but I will do some kickboxing.  The tempo intervals were evil (of course, it's Karen we are talking about) but although the second set had me dying, I was able to do them fine. Mission accomplished.

Today and tomorrow we will be hot AF more than usual.  106 and 107F heat indexes expected.

I like strawberry shakes.

Liz, this is the government you are talking about.  It might take weeks before I even see the letter. Waaahhh.  Enjoy the body pump class.

HCK, I can't even imagine plastic cutlery in a fancy place for a wedding.  There are many other bigger ways to cut costs in one wedding.

Susan, yeap.  Take as many walk breaks as you need (I wouldn't go out there in that, ha).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Motto

This is my new motto...no more DFL or DNF's...everything is a story and I'm living a pretty great one. No more feeling bad about not finishing a race or right now not even being able to train.  The time off is giving me the opportunity to learn data analysis, SQL and the Python programming language, nothing wasted and so much to gain.

Oh and I like strawberry milkshakes but almost never get one.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

6 easy miles this morning.  Dreary and a bit drizzly.  I think it's been rainy at least half the time I've run this month!  Back to 50 and windy also.  I think we may be skipping summer this year.     Older DD says that her "boy friend" invited her over to his house.  I don't think that's happening.    We had a talk about boys and their intentions.  I am really enjoying this stuff.     Chocolate milkshakes!!

Lizzie, haha, your class must have been good.     $3500 for the plates, silverware, glassware and chairs?!?  What, do you get to take that stuff home with you after the wedding?     They did not charge us extra for that stuff for our wedding.  Seems weird to me.    There is some fancier "plasticware" now, but not anything I would use for a nice wedding.     I imagine that they are making me run these faster paces so that marathon pace will feel easy.    Goal marathon pace for training is 8:51 for me, which is faster than what I am supposed to run race day!  The coach said they are conservative for race day but will adjust depending on how training goes.  8:51 seems impossibly fast to me though.    So according to your parents' standards, my DD's can date someone that is 16?     Are you old enough to remember when NSYNC was popular?    Hope the traveling goes well!

Sue,  I would take about 25 degrees of your weather.    Enjoy the time with DH.

Damaris, awesome job on the evil workout!

Diane, that is a great motto.

Lori, I would not rock climb anything over about 2 feet without a harness.  

Kat, sorry that you have to deal with that doctor.  I hope they are OK with you sticking with your shift!

Karen, looks like a fun trip so far!

Margaret, a 50K this weekend?  Did I ever mention that you are amazing?

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Motto

This is my new motto...no more DFL or DNF's...everything is a story and I'm living a pretty great one. No more feeling bad about not finishing a race or right now not even being able to train.  The time off is giving me the opportunity to learn data analysis, SQL and the Python programming language, nothing wasted and so much to gain.

Oh and I like strawberry milkshakes but almost never get one.

Nice.  I need to apply this as well. Smile

Cathy, nice 6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Crazy week around here.  And it keeps getting more so.  Doesn’t help when people call in sick seemingly all the time.  Big big boss was in town yesterday.  Oh yah, you wanna know my workouts – 4 yesterday, 7 this morning.  Keep meaning to try free yoga in the park on Wednesdays but met up with my sister instead.  She’s in town with my nephew for college orientation.  Celebrating other sister’s birthday this evening.

Karen – have a GREAT trip!!  Super cute pic of you two on FB beginning your journey.  I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a pic of DH before.  You guys are adorable.  Hope the turkeys didn’t keep you awake.  I look forward to following along and seeing all those beautiful sites through your eyes!  How super fun you have some new people to explore some new trails with on your adventure as well.  Oh!  Thanks for the Everything, Everything book rec – I finished it in a day haha.  Cute little story.  Now I just started I Invited Her In.  I put those others you listed on my list.  Silly library only lets me have so many on hold at once.  Doh.

HCK – LOL on guests potentially eating the frozen fish.  It’s just wrapped in tinfoil – some of it rubbed off in places.  I cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to eat it!  Ewwww haha.

Liz – the marathon training class starts next Saturday.  It normally would have started this Saturday since it’s 16 weeks out from TCM but, Grandma’s.  Grandma’s is on the later side this year.  I’ll be sure to show you the fish haha.  Glad you got all the plates and silverware sorted.  Who knew there was so much to choose.  Hope your travel goes well.  Do you listen to music or your podcasts when you drive?  Glad you get an easy day tomorrow.

Lori – fun on the rock climbing!  You should try the harness –it’s fun!  I liked The Book Thief – yeah, pretty sad.  Just a horrible time in the world.

Sue – whoa that is HOT.  Nice you have your Dad visiting and hooray for WFH!  Is your bosslady finally relaxing a bit??  Bummer your RBs are both disappearing.

Damaris – SO EXCITED FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!  Hope you hear something official soon.  LOL on the martini meme.  Can’t say I would ever choose a martini but I certainly wouldn’t turn one down if it was offered either haha.  Extra dirty for me.

Carol – been thinking about youuuuuuuuuu!  Have the app all ready to stalk.  Weather looks decent!  Sure, ideally, maybe a bit warm towards the end but at least no sun and low humidity.  So excited for you!!  Can’t wait to hear about your drive.  Where was that lighthouse?

Cathy – haha, I am definitely a fair weather fisherperson as well.  What’s not to like about sitting in a boat on a warm and sunny day.  When we were kids, my parents would rent a pontoon for a day and we would just drift and catch crappies.  Fun times!  OMG SO CUTE about DD and her boy.  How was lunch??  But, OMG, your work peeps are cheater cheater pumpkin eaters.  No WAY I believe those step counts.  Well, except for Mr. Math.  I suspect you and him should win.  Freakin KILLER workout yesterday.  Whew.  Sorry for all the rain.  I will not tell you how phenomenal it has been here.  My favorite.  So weird to me that people are running their A/C.  But, I guess, some people like to keep everything closed up.  OMG on DD and her boyfriend haha

Kat – OMG I laughed out loud about your coworkers mom eating the dead fish!!  How in the world??  LOLOLOL  Glad you are feeling pretty good after going FIFTY FREAKIN MILES.  Whew.

Laura – nice morning miles this week!  My FAVORITE week of the whole darn year since it’s LIGHT outside!

Magaret – 10mils AND Kettlebells??  Holy cats.  Where is that bow down emoji.  Color me UBER impressed!!  AND another 50K!!  Are you eating everything plus the kitchen sink??  Haha

Oh yeah, milkshakes.  Meh.  I cannot remember the last time I had one because you get so FULL.  Vanilla, though, would be my choice.  I really do love a good soft serve.  There is an A & W by my house so I will sometimes go through the drivethru for a $1 cone.  But, more times than I can count, I abandon the line after ordering because I turn the corner and am three cars back haha

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning all you beautiful ladies!

Lizzie, hope your travel day goes quick!!  I love love love soft serve vanilla ice cream.  Meh on milkshakes.  HOW MUCH FOR RENTALS???

Hi HCK!

Sue, that is warm!!

Damaris, so anxious for you!!!  Good luck with those warm days.  Our temps over the next 10 days has cooled off by about 5 degrees.  We are now down to the mid 90's.

Diane, nice attitude!  i don't like DNF, but am quite at peace with DFL.

Sandy, have you decided on a fall marathon?  You just mentioned TCM...Yoga in the park sounds fun, but meeting with your sister sounds better.  Smile

Cathy, boys have bad intentions??  Never...    Too bad they don't ever grow out of it.

Day off today.  Grocery store and maybe Costco.  I don't think I feel like doing anything else!!!  I do have to work tomorrow though.  My medical director is good with my shift, I have made it abundantly clear the early shift isn't going to happen.  They are desperate and an unhappy doctor makes for a doctor looking for a new job...

My feet are still sore from the damn blisters.  Diane sent me a nice article on taking care of your feet.  Looking into good blister tape too, some to try to prevent them.  I get them in pretty predictable locations.

Planning for Javelina!  Booked an AirBnB yesterday.  There will be 3 or 4 of us and the hotel only had 2 beds.  The BnB wasn't that much more for a 4 bed place!  One of the few affordable places left.  Also got an SUV.  I had a small Jeep, but that wouldn't work with 3-4 ladies.  I only have one registered race between now and then.  There are a couple of other maybes.  I love going to races, so it is kind of a bummer.

OK, that is enough.  I'd like to say I am off to something important, but I am not, and LOVE it!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I like milkshakes. They have to be chocolate of course.

Today we got out of work early. Some sort of part shortage. Problem is that hubby drove me because he had a dr appointment. Of course this appointment was at the time of my release and OF COURSE it was raining AGAIN. I swear this is the wettest spring ever. We've had months of rain. Anyway I ran home from work. I did stretch the 2 miles to 3 since I was already wet so I guess I won't run tonight as I had planned.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Run4kupcakes – WOW! Yeah, no plastic in my venue! Ha. No two dresses, either 😊

Docket – Nice run last night! You crushed. Enjoy that well earned rest day. Lets hope its faster than a couple of weeks! 😊 Maybe enjoy a nice strawberry shake in that heat you are experiencing?

Diane – Love your new motto! Go get em’. I love shakes too but almost never get them. They go right through me. 😉

Cathy – Nice run today. I bet it felt nice to run easy 😊 Uhm, do you want my Summer? 😊 LOL, at DD!! WOW! He is moving fast!! Haha, well my parents assumed I would be able to drive too. Little did they know I always chose the older ones 😉 That makes sense about the faster paces. I am interested to see how it all works out for you. I am guessing things will go great 😊Oh yes, I remember Nsync!

Sandy – Nice workouts for you! Yoga in the park? That sounds fun. Nope, no podcasts while I drive just XM radio. You’re not even running your AC yet?! Lucky you! I bet it feels so nice with just the windows open! LOL – picturing you abandoning your $1 cone. I LOVE A&W! Their hotdogs are yummy. Have a great time with your sisters tonight!!!

Kathryn – Enjoy that well deserved day off! Exciting about Javelina! I know you love planning 😊

Lori – Oh man. Sorry about the unexpected rainy run ☹

Long day in the car. Got back around 1:30..have a bad headache which I am sure is from not drinking enough water. Been super busy this afternoon! Ready for the weekend!

Vanilla Milkshakes seem like a waste of calories... now if you were to make that chocolate I'm in. Then again if you make anything chocolate, I'm in. LOL Been trying to keep up with reading but just haven't had enough down time to post.

Mohican! It's a bit of an unrelenting course with lots of rock, roots, mud, and climbs that may not be mountains but tend to be steep. After I did the marathon in '18 I vowed I wouldn't do that course again in the summer. And yet there I was back but for 50 miles. I will firmly go on the record and state that if anyone thinks "going slower" is easier, they are wrong. You just have WAY more time out there, you have more issues to deal with because of more time out there, things hurt differently when taking longer hiking strides vs running strides, and just dare to take into account the mental part of it... I dare you to think about how you would feel knowing the amount of time ahead of you, knowing that you are likely to finish with a time that some people might scoff at, that you yourself will have a hard time telling others, watching others of every distance go past you, some twice. But you continue on, because while you may not like the time taken to get there, the fact that you WILL get there is all that matters. That takes courage, guts, and real endurance. Hats off to you my friend Kat! You did it. And hey, we finished in the daylight. LOL Lots of lessons were learned and I don't think just by the two of us out there. I know that we inspired some of those 100 milers... I mean, how couldn't we?! Vast majority of volunteers were impressed too on the second loop. The epitome of the sport is to press on regardless and that we did.

To say it rained is a vast understatement. Sheets of rain that turned rocky, rooty single track into creeks and cross over streams were created. It frankly was a shit show out there. But when you know the only way to get to your car is to continue (okay, so there actually were people to drive you from the aid stations but I wasn't sharing that info) then you continue. The trail was getting close to washing out in places and the finish route actually did wash out. There were flash flood warnings and branches were down. Anyway it makes for a great story. I mmaayy be back for next year to see what I can do on it on my own but we shall see. It is a gorgeous course which seemed to literally go on and on and on for ever.

Kat-you did great! You can do whatever you set out to do on your own you know. Part of why I kept going ahead a bit was so that you did actually have time by yourself out there. You knew I was there up around a corner but really you were on your own. Well, except for when I thought the other runners behind me were you. LOL That was funny. Then you were even more on your own. But you had it and you didn't freak and you can do it again under less terrifying conditions. :-) Share the foot care article. Apparently 24 hours is when I get them. Never had an issue before Twilight Zone and I know that I will be over 24 at Woodstock. Very kind of you to refer to me as wise. It was the yoga BS, right? Stuff about being in the moment but yet not paying attention to what is exactly around you so that it isn't really happening. BWAHAHA.. sounds funny in retrospect but it does work.

Liz-groan on the fees for the dinnerware. DD had standard stuff included but would have had to pay more for other styles or extra stuff. We did look at places that were like that though... everything was separate. I'm sure that you have budgeted for it all and it will be lovely! Hope your travels go well!

Sue-have fun with DH!

Damaris-congrats seem to be in order but I know... until you are there it's always risky to count too much on everything.

Diane-Great motto! Stories can be written in so many ways and you are in the middle of a good one already! Cool nerdy techie stuff being learned may mean more bucks for more adventures that align with abilities! Yeah! There are so many of those out there. No one way to do anything and so many things which bring joy!

Cathy-oh boy.. boys. I never had much drama with boys... hmmm... except for my own spouses. sheesh! LOL

Sandy-How's the weather been up that way? It's pretty sucky down here in Detroit.

Lori-rock climbing if on a trail okay.. no walls of rock for me either. Nice run to work.

Karen-have fun adventuring!

Lisa