Womens Running

WINTER WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 20 times)

SassySparky

Morning Ladies! It's a cold one, even here in NC!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Just did 4 miles on the TM, 2 x 1600s at 9:10 and 8:55!  Woohoo! And my eight burpees for the burpee challenge. I did those after running - should have switched that up!

NRR: Just work and hanging out with G!

GSD - G started refusing his mid-morning liquid feed (both a bottle from day care, Big D and nursing from me).  So now we're down to 4! Also, we have realized that one of G's favorite foods is homemade bean burgers. Last night we had "bean balls" instead of meatballs with spaghetti.  He ate all of his and then reached for mine and Big D's. He also loves black bean burgers. What are some of M's favorite foods? We're looking for new things to give to him.

MA runner girl

Morning! It's ridiculously cold out here... -4 with windchill!

RR: 3 miles last night... without a walk break. That's 3 runs in a row that I was able to run 3 without stopping (4 on my LR). Not sure what changed, but I like it! Smile Today is a rest day. My right hip feels wonky so I'll go to the chiro after work.

NRR: Last night was kind of a bummer... DH and I argued about money. I feel like he's not cutting back on his crazy spending AT ALL, when we have huge changes coming up, including less income as I go to part time. It's stressing me out because I'm the one that pays the bills and sees our spending, but he doesn't think it's an issue because "he always makes it work". Then he was installing a new thermostat to tie in the whole house humidifyer we just got and dropped it. So I had to order another one which cost an extra $150. Ugh. Obviously he didn't mean to do it, but I had a hard time being sympathetic because it just made me more angry. Sigh.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sassy - Nice job on the run!! And then burpees after? You are a rockstar!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Happy Hump Day!!!!

RR: Running, probably 3.0 for my 30th Birthday. No way I'm trying to do 30! :-p Then I'll do some push ups and sit ups.

NRR: Work... At least it's a 4 day work week here and we get Friday off! Going out to lunch with DH, and he made homemade mac n cheese (gluten free) for me since it's one of my favorites, but never eat it except on my Birthday. It's become a tradition since I was in high school. Other than that, enjoying the cooler weather here, high of only 70!

Sassy: Great job on your mile repeats!!!

POrun

MA: Cross post! Sorry about money issues. Maybe you and DH could try going over finances and bills together so you're both on the same page? I had to do that with DH and start using Quicken to track every dollar so he could better see the charts and how our spending was going. Hugs!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

So I went to Boston yesterday to have the "thing sticking out of my side" looked at. One look at it and he knew what it was! This man is a genius! It's NOT a hernia!!! It's something called a Seroma. It's a collection of fluid and plasma that leaks from the cells. It sits very close to the surface of the skin and a hernia is very deep down. Also, a hernia is very soft. this is pretty hard. This is fairly common after surgery--usually occurs after any sort of surgery on the breast. But is also very common with abdominal surgery. Anyway, it goes away in 4-6 weeks on its own. He checked my intracranial pressure as well and everything is good there. So we decided not to turn up the pressure on my shunt. But he gave me "homework." My homework is get 8 hours of sleep each night and rest when I feel I need to. Smile I'm NOT good at this! haha. But I'm so happy it's not a hernia and that it will go away on its own! Smile

Sassy: It's so cold here, too! Stay warm!

MA: I'm so impressed with your running being so preggo! MIss you! I'm coming home this weekend! We'll get together soon!

RunLikeTheWind23

PO: have  great run!

lizo_77

hi ladies! cold one out there!

RR: did 3 miles outside in 5 degree temps. No wind so that helped lots. I just bundled up and headed out. It felt good though i didn't go quite as fast as I'd have liked because I had to be careful with ice. So remember the dog bite last week? Well today, I totally freaked a fellow runner out. it was totally hilarious! I'm all bundled up, including mask, so only my eyes are visible, and the mask is black, and pardon me, but I'm black, and my pants are black. Only my jacket is a dark green. And I'm wearing my head lamp. So I really don't blame her. she screamed, jumped away and then started laughing. She said she saw me as she was running towards me, but then I guess spaced out, and then I was bam! right in front of her, so surprised her. I really wish I had a video camera to capture it. Smile

NRR: work,  meetings.... work.... grrrr.....

sassy: yay! G is growing! that's awesome that he likes bean burgers! do you have a recipe? I'd like to try those on M....

MA: sorry about the argument about money with your DH! Arguments like that make me nervous about how M and I are going to handle it when the time comes. you talk about it, but when the rubber hits the road, that's when you know..

PO: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIVA YOU!!! ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!ClownBig grin

RLTW: Yay that it's not a hernia!! So glad you don't have to do anything to make it go away either.

gotta go!

melrunner

Morning girls!!!

Sassy, does G like sweet potato?? Yumm. You could also try lentil burgers, spit pea soup. Hes so cute!!!

Ma, sorry about the argument last night, but I'm glad you bad a discussion about money and finances. So are you going part time After baby is born?

Lizo, that's funny about the runner!!!!! great run in those cold temps!

PO,HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO YOU!!!!! WELCOME TO THE 30'S CLUB!!!!

melrunner

TriR, spinning plus ST with PT.

NtriR, tri group meeting tonight after my workout.

Wedding Related. the family drama starts and the true colors of those are shining unshining.... In other news, mom and sis have an appointment with florist today so I hope they can find the colors that I like!!!

LucyBelle

Morning ladies! Brrrr, chilly here as well! 4 degrees real temp right now!

RR:  Upper body and core ST last night. Rest today because I don't think I'll have time for anything.

NRR: CRF is super sick. He took a half day yesterday and is staying home today with a fever, sore throat, cough, congestion, etc. I don't think it's the flu...I feel bad for him, but whatever he has, I don't want to catch it! Neither of us slept well last night because he was snoring and coughing and restless, and I went out onto the couch. He needs to feel better before Friday (and I need to stay healthy) because our parents are meeting for the first time this weekend! Today is deadline day at work but I am hoping I can get done early so I can come home, relax, and rest.

Sassy: Bean balls sound interesting. Are those just like bean burgers in ball form? Nice run this morning!!

MArunner: Sorry about the argument. Undecided I agree that maybe you should sit down with DH and show him the bills and go over the budget together...then maybe he will "get it" more? Finances are so tough.

POrun: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Big grin Enjoy every minute of it! And mac 'n cheese, mmmmmm.

RLTW: Hooray for no hernia!

Lizo: LOL that's hilarious that you scared another runner and she screamed then laughed. What a funny way to start the morning!!

OK off to work...gotta bundle up to stay warm! And hopefully healthy!

LucyBelle

X-Post...

Meli: Ohhhhhhh family wedding drama. I hate that. Sorry you are dealing with it.

SassySparky

MA - sorry about the money conversation. is there any way you can show him your outgoing spending and how you are cutting it close every month? Maybe you can talk to him about setting up a savings account / 529 plan for the baby and so he will see where that extra money "needs" to go? We use Mint.com to track our spending and we re-evaluate our budget every few months, maybe seeing the pie charts will help him realize how much he is actually spending? I'm glad you've had some good runs lately.

PO - Happy Birthday! I love your birthday tradition!! I forgot to say, I hope you get your surgery scheduled soon and htat it goes well.

RLTW - so glad it's not a hernia ... and I hope you can do your homework! It's hard for me to get 8 hours of sleep a night, too.

Lizo - this is the black bean burger recipe I use, http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes?recipe_id=6000060 except I omit the cinammon because it just doesn't jive with us. We make a double batch and freeze most of them. For "bean balls" instead of meatballs, I do one can of kidney beans + 1 clove of garlic + 1/4 of an onion in the food processor, add an egg white and 1/4 cup of bread crumbs then pulse again. Add salt and pepper to taste (or other seasonings or veggies, it's a great way to use up extra carrots). Then I make little patties and cook them in olive oil on the stove for about 4-5 minutes per side. GREAT JOB on that run in the cold, and that is hilarious about scaring the other runner!!

Meli - sweet potato is one of his favorite foods, hands down. He even eats lentils and loves lentil sloppy joes. He is a good eater, for sure. I'm sorry to hear there is wedding drama with your family. Just stand up for yourself and your DF and make sure that the day is about your love, not your family.

SassySparky

Lucy - kind of, I wrote the recipe to Lizo but it's kind of like a meatball made with mashed kidney beans (or other favorite bean) instead, so with italian seasonings, etc.  Sorry CRF is so sick, I hope you can stay healthy!  What are you doing with the parents to have them all meet?  a meal or another activity?  I can't remember what we did to have our parents meet ...

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD, I guess. I decided to push off running to tomorrow, when it will be warmer. I'm tired of running the super cold.

NRR: Didn't sleep well..some work stuff is on mind. DBF is still stick, but miracle of all miracles, taking medicine to control his symptoms makes him feel better! Gee, what an amazing girlfriend I am to think of that!  Taking the cats to the vet for a check-up this evening.

PO - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Enjoy that mac and cheese!!

Lizo - Nice work getting out there! It is possible to run in cold weather - you just have to have enough layers.

MA - Sorry about the argument..I'd be frustrated, too. I'm with the other girls - guys seem to understand things better when you use visual aids.

RLTW - Great news!

Lucy - What do you have planned for when your parents meet?

Sassy - Nice work on the TM run!

Meli - Good luck with the wedding planning drama. I remember my sister was trying to please every single person - that's impossible!