Womens Running

WINTER WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 20 times)

SassySparky

NC - four hours a week for free health club membership? Sounds like a good deal!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Ugh So I think I've determined that one of my older male colleagues has been interpreting me asking a lot of questions as me being an idiot, as opposed to me wanting to make sure I'm doing things correctly.

SassySparky

OWR - I know this is easier said than done, because I have been known to ruminate for weeks about potentially dumb things I've said ... but don't think that way!

outwestrunner

Sassy - I know I know, but there is this way he has that's kind of patronizing or something, or at least makes me feel like I'm being patted on the head. He's the PM on this project, and I'm basically in charge of coming up with the study design and locations, etc.. and I was keeping him involved throughout by stopping by every so often and asking questions, but I'm afraid that's coming across as "R needs her hand held".

LucyBelle

Outwest: CRF had that problem at work! He's so type-A and such a perfectionist that he checks and double-checks and asks a lot of questions so he won't get anything wrong, and they interpreted it as him not being able to take initiative or work independently. They actually brought it up in his review, and when that happened, he blatantly said he was a perfectionist, but that, if they were OK with him making some mistakes, he would stop asking so many questions. That kind of shut them up, LOL. He had another review six months later and they didn't bring it up!

Ugh, even though I didn't work out this morning, I am having one of those days where I can't get full. I've eaten almost all my food already and I still have at least 4 hours of work left...

SassySparky

Outwest: CRF had that problem at work! He's so type-A and such a perfectionist that he checks and double-checks and asks a lot of questions so he won't get anything wrong, and they interpreted it as him not being able to take initiative or work independently. They actually brought it up in his review, and when that happened, he blatantly said he was a perfectionist, but that, if they were OK with him making some mistakes, he would stop asking so many questions. That kind of shut them up, LOL. He had another review six months later and they didn't bring it up!

Ugh, even though I didn't work out this morning, I am having one of those days where I can't get full. I've eaten almost all my food already and I still have at least 4 hours of work left...

This is me, all day every day.

outwestrunner

Lucy - See, that's what I figure. I'd like to avoid it at my annual review, though.. haven't thought about how to deal with it other than stop asking questions. Lame.

Sassy - Yeah but you're breast-feeding AND training for a half. I'd be concerned if you ever got full.

TXAginMS

Sassy- Great job on your workout this morning!! Speedy!

MA- I'm impressed with your running! Great job on the 3 milers. A lot of people would have given up by now. Sorry about the argument with DH. If you're looking at budget stuff. Mint.com has a great app that you can download on your phone. It helps y8ou keep track of budgets and see where your money is going.

PO- Happy Birthday!!

RLTW- I'm so happy you don't have a hernia and that the fluids will go away on their own. Sending you tons of healing vibes.

lizo- You ran in 5 degree temps?? YOu rock!!! I feel bad for the other runner that encountered you. I hope she didnt poop her pants. LOL

mel- Just breathe, the wedding planning will be over before you know it. Have fun picking out flowers.

Lucy- Sorry that CRF is sick. Hope he gets better soon. How exciting that your parents are meeting!

owr- I thought I was over running in the really cold weather until it got warm again. Now I want my cold weather back!!

klm- Glad your legs feel better. Foam rolling kills me.

cassie- 11 miles on a treadmill? How do you do it? I would die. That sucks about your car. I hope it all comes out!!

monk- HOpe DH has a great birthday tomorrow! Toddler soccer? OMG that's so cute!

taylor- I'm sorry you had a bad run. I feel the same way about the treadmill

NC- If you don't get the job maybe its because you're overqualified. 4 hours a week? That's nothing but yay for a free membership!