Womens Running

Luau FRIDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 15 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its National Hawaii Day! Would much rather be at a luau then working...

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

16.2 for me this morning.

GREAT run! Woot! Finally, I needed a good run. This was only good because I was out the door a little before 4am this morning and it was still dark. Dewpoint was at 71 so it wasn't like it was pleasant out there - tolerable because there was no sun and I was going super slow. Ah, felt good.

Hoping for an easy day...but probably won't be now that I said that. Hair appointment tomorrow but other than that 0 plans this weekend. Hoping for some pool time (HCF's sisters pool) and relaxing!

Docket – Hope you are feeling better.

Lori – Awesome on the run yesterday!

Susan – Loved your photo that you posted yesterday of you and DH at the fun run 😊

Karen – AWWW! Poor Huckles!! Its hard because you want to help them but all you can really do is snuggle and boil chicken. But you know, I guess they love that, too. I hope he is feeling better today. How did Riley do with the fireworks?

Sandy – Wow, that was steamy yesterday! I saw that picture you were tagged in – looked like fun! Awesome that your friend got a PR! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day yesterday!

Kathryn – Nice job on the 10!!! When I do read (which is rare – usually when I am on vacation), I prefer holding a book too – for the same reason Margaret mentioned!

Margaret – Nice running the past couple days. I am going to take a look at your volunteering report today 😊 Good luck getting through work today - its going to be tough.

Tessa – Glad you are okay!  Thanks for checking in. We understand you have a lot going on!

Okay - have some emails to send. We also got our floorplans in for the house!! We have a few changes but we love it!

Have a great day everyone!

Anonymous Guest

7 this morning for me. Considered a quick shower and then body pump, but after the quick shower, I sat down and didn't get my butt back up in time to go. The 7 wiped me out since the weather was crap. Overnight low was 77 with 76 dew point. Thinking I'll do a kettlebell workout later. Also need groceries and need to go put out flyers for registration and the start of our running at some stores in the shopping center we run out of later today.

I did nothing but read yesterday. I finished The Unhoneymooners, it was cute. Started Normal People and just couldn't get into it, so decided to let that one go. Down to 5 books left in my loans. I just got Daisy Jones and The Six, which came sooner than expected.

Neighborhood fireworks did not disappoint - I still can't believe our neighbors spend thousands and thousands of dollars every year on fireworks, but that's apparently what they do. And we get a huge fireworks show you can watch from the backyard. Actually can just open the blinds and watch from the back windows. Dogs did okay, didn't bother Huck at all, and Riley was on trazodone so mostly just slept on my lap.

Margaret, yes, thankfully all the poop was outside. I loved your volunteering report. Krash and I have had a few online conversations about 100s - I was so impressed with the consistency of his splits at WS.

Sandy, yay for your friend's PR. And glad you had fun volunteering. I finally was able to take my Kindle out of airplane mode yesterday!

Kathryn, to be fair, it was a 20 minute drive each way that I included in that four hours. And it was an emergency clinic (my vet was closed for the holiday). They warned me they had several dogs in already, and Huckles poop problems were pretty low on the triage list.

Tessa, thanks for checking in.

Liz, moving my 16 I wanted to run yesterday to tomorrow. Still don't think I'll start as early as you, but plan to at least start at a time beginning with a 5. Nice job on the steamy long run this morning! Hopefully work goes quickly today.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I must be the only one in the world working today.  At least I'm WFH.  Already had to tell DH to leave me alone so I can get work done lol.

We were so tired yesterday.  No swim this morning....rolled over.  Needed it, I guess.

Found out I was 3rd in my AG yesterday.  Cute ceramic fish medals.  Race director is coming over Sunday, so he will probably bring mine. Smile

Yesterday had 12 people over for cookout lunch and pool volleyball.  Fell asleep before fireworks. Smile

Karen--sounds like your neighbors really go all out. Fun.

Lizzie--wow on 16 miles this morning!

Tessa--glad to hear you are safe.  I was thinking about you when I saw the news.

Have a great Friday!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Gatsby, thanks a bunch for texting Tessa. I thought of her right away about the earthquake.

35 min TM run, then 35 min bike. I get more tired by the end of the week. I seem to have a weekly cycle. Tomorrow will be SDO.
            Volunteer work tomorrow as well at the library. That really wears me out.
            I'm ready for fall any time it wants to come. Summer heat and I just do not get along.  
            Happy activities, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  This is my Friday off so I'm glad because everybody is in the office grumpy AF.  I didn't run 8 last night (kickboxed instead).  Went to Pilates this morning and will run 8 tonight.  BP was high so upped the dose and now I'm back to where I was in January.  Grrrr.

Liz, nice run.

Karen, nice 7.  I was going to ask if the dogs mind the fireworks but glad they didn't notice.

Susan, glad you are working from home, at least.

Judy, nice workouts.

Tessa, glad you are OK and thanks for checking in.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Not sure if this will work - it's supposedly a public video but on our private neighborhood page. 40 seconds of what we had for 45 minutes. This is just two neighborhood guys that live on the lake. https://www.facebook.com/msclem01/videos/10218958062412654/.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles, waited way too long to run and got way to hot towards the end.

Arimathea, glad you were ok. And only a runner would be able to id the area as mile 12 of a race.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen – Yikes!! Nice hot and sweaty run for you today. Glad Riley did okay last night!

Susan – I am working today! It stinks. WOOHOO! Congrats on the 3rd in AG!

Judy – BRING. ON. FALL. WEATHER. Right there with ya. Nice workout today!

Docket – Ugh, sorry about the BP meds ☹ Good luck on the 8 tonight.

Run4kupcakes – Nice 7!

Margaret – Enjoyed reading your volunteer report! How exciting to be able to watch front row! Your aid station sounds like my dream come true as far as snacks 😊

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Arimathea

Tessa

Yikes! That one was far worse than yesterday's. Reports are putting it between 6.9 and 7.1. I suspect it will be the latter. Also near Ridgecrest. And it did not relieve any pressure on the San Andreas.

Gatsby, everything OK by you? I'm sure you felt it too.

For this one I ducked under the kitchen table. With my glass of wine and my phone. One has one's priorities after all...

Will try to check in more regularly. Worked flat out 7:30 AM to 6 PM today. I did get 4 miles in though.

Damaris, I take it you got a job offer in a place that is somewhere other than the humid hellhole? Yay!

Yikes! That one was far worse than yesterday's. Reports are putting it between 6.9 and 7.1. I suspect it will be the latter. Also near Ridgecrest. And it did not relieve any pressure on the San Andreas.

Gatsby, everything OK by you? I'm sure you felt it too.

For this one I ducked under the kitchen table. With my glass of wine and my phone. One has one's priorities after all...

Will try to check in more regularly. Worked flat out 7:30 AM to 6 PM today. I did get 4 miles in though.

Damaris, I take it you got a job offer in a place that is somewhere other than the humid hellhole? Yay!

No, nothing here.  My birds didn't even react.  Good job saving the wine!

Quick hello to all.  Worked today, went for a short hike in a local park this morning, doing a long run tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR