Womens Running

Teeth Chattering Thursday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning mamas~

RR: planning on 6-8 miles btw PT clients this morning, along with a KB circuit. I have a pretty big time gap to fill as my usual client is gone now until after thanksgiving.

TR: has started shaking his finger and saying, "no no no" at various things (the dog, me!) it's actually kinda cute.

NRR: feeling pretty rough with bad afternoon nausea these past couple of days, looking forward to the weekend to hopefully catch up on some sleep.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - hot yoga with Amy again.  Wish I had fished my fuggs out of the upstairs closet to wear to/from class to keep my feet warm.  Can't go get them right now since DH is sleeping in there.

TR - tried to get him out of the kitchen so I could hide veggies in his food and he wasn't having any of it.

FR - slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches, kale slaw.

~~~~~~~~~~

rg - I found this video to be very motivating while pg, but I had to stop doing hip hinge exercises (DL, swing, snatch) pretty early on because my SI joint wasn't having any of it.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs- I don't get perky yoga instructors... I need to get my slow cooker out! I have a dvd series by Lindsay Brin that's not too obnoxious. Most of the exercises aren't that tough And I end up modifying them to make it harder.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - spinning and maybe a couple miles on the treadmill.  Ran 10k last night in the freaking effing cold... I should have had two pairs of tights on.  Ankle is feeling good, PF is the best it's been since August.  My graston bruises are looking pretty nice Smile

TR - dumped a bottle of white glue on her head last night while I ran.  DH had a *fun* evening I guess.

BR - gave me a big hug and kiss when I got home.  She's officially weaned now!  She's gone to bed no problem at all, and is now having snacks in the evening w/ M.

FR - probably leftovers, DH made Cacio e Pepe last night (noodles w/ pecorino romano cheese), and I think there are lots leftover.

NRR - looking forward to the weekend, I'm tired... just 4 days of work and I get a week off.  We're going to be in Seattle for US thanksgiving, so that should be fun, the Macy's parade goes right by our hotel.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Morning!  I am drowning under a sea of paper this morning.  Geez, I was gone ONE day people.

RR:  Track tonight, hopefully.

TR:  Meeting with the city about his speech today.  Hopefully it will go well and we can switch from private therapy!

NRR:  I bought DH aftershave gel yesterday.  Hopefully he will get the hint.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: So far I've been off 5 days, the break has been nice. I might run tonight if its not windy- its 18* out right now, Brrrrr!

TR: Stayed Dry yesterday. I love the way he says Fish. Sounds like Firsch. Can't say L sounds, so when he was trying to tell me something about Caleb at daycare this morning, I thought he was talking about a Zebra. Daycare lady says the way he says binoculars is hilarious.

FR: Split pea soup last night, must have been pretty good because there's not a drop left and even R ate a big bowl.

NRR: My cousin's son is a model on Zulily today for Volcom http://www.zulily.com/e/volcom-58212.html?pos=1&section=baby-maternity&sPos=1 .  DH gave me the go ahead and buy furniture, doesn't care enough to help me pick out fabrics and stuff so I will do it myself.  MIL wants me to make a Christmas list, and all I want is practical stuff for the house. I bet she won't buy me anything from the list.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl-  Have you had many clients follow you to the new place?

zorbs- I refuse to buy uggs or crocs.

CA- Have fun in Seattle. Will you have a rental car? Its always really cold here on Thanksgiving weekend usually in the 5-15* F range, not sure what Seattle gets though. Pray that there's no snow, because Seattle basically shuts down- no one over there knows how to drive in it.

Becky- Is your DH doing movember too? DH has a Tom Scellick stache going right now.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - hope you can get to the track tonight!  And that you can get C into the city speech therapy.

spike - it was 7F during our run last night... freaking cold.  We don't have a car, the long range forecast shows low 40 high 49, snow is rare in Seattle, and would be very rare in December, I think the worst would be bucketing rain, but so far there isn't rain forecast.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- if you go to Pike's Place market, there's a place that makes mini donuts and they serve them to you freshly fried--amazing. There's also this place that does these coated almonds- the cajun and the orange ones are awesome. If you're able, enjoy some for me since I can't eat any of that stuff anymore! I could recommend restaurants to you, but most of them are in other cities like Ballard and Kirkland. There are some really awesome places downtown, and you can't go wrong with a Tom Douglas restaurant.  If you want to explore on foot- Fremont is funky and cool, there's a troll sculpture under the Aurora bridge.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - awesome thanks!  We will go to Pike place market for sure. DH is also getting restaurant req'd from some wine agents that travel that way often.  I'm excited to eat out and have good food sans kids! Plus I'll be carb loading, so will be trying to get a few extra calories in!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- My stepsister has been texting me about an argument she had with her mom (same person I'm having trouble with) and I sent her that page I scanned and emailed to you. I'm trying to convince her to give counseling a go- her mom laid this ridiculous woe-is-me-everybody-hates-me pity party on her because I'm not coming to holidays and in the same conversation told her that she was a bad mom. I feel bad that my dad has been married to that for 20 years.

runnergirl9508

6.5 chilly miles this morning, some foam rolling, and a quick KB circuit. good workout today!

CA- sounds like all the rehab is working well for you! OMG on the glue! awww, so sweet with the hugs and kisses. congrats on the weaning, great job bfding her this long. your week off sounds like fun- enjoy the parade.

becky- hope you get through that mountain of paperwork- coffee! enjoy your track workout. I hope that the meeting goes well- would he be in a group setting? LOL on the shave gel.

spike- brrr- I don't mind running in the cold (it was 17* this morning), but add in that wind and it takes some extra motivation to get out the door. R sounds like he's doing well with his speaking- I've heard that the L sound is one of the hardest, and usually last, ones for toddlers to master. LOL on the zebra. how cute about your cousin's son! I have one lady who's already had two sessions with me at the new studio, and I contacted another one yesterday, who is planning to start with me in January. + 10000000000 on refusing to buy Uggs or crocs- effin ugly-ass shoes.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I own both uggs and crocs! shamelessly! I don't wear crocs anymore, but the uggs are the only thing I can stuff my feet in post winter long run.

rg - I could have overlooked her perkiness but I didn't like the instructor's teaching style either.

CA - I did have my shin professionally grastoned but when it flared up a couple weeks ago and I had no extra $ to go to physio, the handle of my razor + soap did a pretty good job.  I'm glad almost all the meals we ate last weekend were tasty (except for the 2 lunches on the road), otherwise it would have been a terrible waste of a kid-free meal.

becky - I guess I am lucky that G thinks he looks like a hobo after a weekend of no shaving.

spike - I'm feeling even more beat up than running, with all the yoga and ST.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

Zorbs:  YES!  You are lucky Wink  K works in an office with undercover cops that never shave and look like homeless men.  He went from business casual and suits on Friday (when he was a probation officer) to sloppy jeans and t-shirts every freakin day.  His wardrobe has gotten cheaper is the only benefit of this

RG:  ah KBs, I miss them.  I need to ask for one for Christmas.

Spike:  He is competing with his co-workers and see who is going to crack first.  He has a woolly beard going on.

CA: Yikes on the glue!!!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Becky- Ewwww! Beards are the worst. DH is always scratching when he has one.