Womens Running

Fri-yay! (Read 26 times)

Kilmisters

Wooooo! Friday! Just 6 more working hours in this week (unless there's unexpected clusterf---). Earphones on, Metallica full blast, Exceling on Big grin Meeting ex-colleague for looong eve of talks & cakes afterwards (Lizzie, can you still catch a flight to Latvia? Big grin)

Rest day for me, we have a game tomorrow and on Sunday; I'll do the usual ''set-plays/power-plays'' selective deployment (is this a term? it is in hockey, at least). Most probably for the last weekend. We're facing geographical arch-rivals tomorrow. Funny how it's surely no coincidence that federation assigned the most badass referees for that game, meaning, no bs guys that will be able to control that absolutely inevitable war-zone.

Amy, will leave it to Elina to explain floorball. I'd say it's kind of like hockey without ice. And it's a big deal in Latvia.

Pretty much hockey without ice; very fast and physical game and yes - it's a big deal here (women national team is #5 in the world), mostly because we're a hockey nation, but, unlike ice-hockey, floorball doesn't require lots of investments and/therefore is played in almost all schools.

Even found a pic w Team USA facing Team Latvia Smile

Image result for floorball

Have a great Friday everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday the temps had dropped drastically but the colder 60° felt good. I am still being cautious with the knee and doing my strengthening exercise for it.

Today will be classes, yoga and meditation.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Hello ladies!! Been a crazy time and still in the midst of it but I'm good and plugging along. Back from NYC work trip where I did get one run in.  Waking up for the third morning in my own place though today and need to figure out neighborhood run options at some point.  50k next weekend.

Missed my circle of strong running sisters! I will hopefully be able to get on here more now.

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

15.2 miles for me!

AWESOME RUN!! Man, what a difference the weather makes. It was 51 degrees..that crisp air..ahhh I love it. LOVE it. Makes me think of my favorite holiday - Thanksgiving. Who doesn't love a day that revolves around food? Run was awesome, that is really all I can say about it haha. It was nice to not have to go 20+ miles. Last mile was pretty fast because, well, I had to use the bathroom! The park was looking tempting..I tried out my new Nike dri-fit tops. I have a bunch but these are a new style - scoop neck. They work good! They are actually 2 sizes too big but I prefer that..so they don't stick to me when I sweat.

Got that stupid sharp pain in my foot again. Didn't last long..just like, a jolt that stopped me in my tracks and made me say the F word Smile Near the cuboid...I am going to watch it but I know that pain. There is NO TIME for stress fractures. I am almost to that finish line!!! We will see how it goes...

Probably a busy day here. Looking forward to seeing HCBF tonight! I have been craving french toast for dinner but he doesn't like it! WHAT!? Who doesn't like bread with DELICIOUS sugar filled syrup?! Haha, so I might make him an omelet instead. I don't know how to make an omelet so I am going to have to pull a Cathy and watch some youtube videos. LOL its the whole flipping thing!

Kilmisters – Good point to Diane about recent marathon. I remember I got so sick after my first one..immunity system down. LOL at your practice run and what they said hahah that is funny. YES I will book my flight now for cake! HAHA. I was thinking about cake earlier this morning..I haven’t had a piece in a while! My bakery hasn’t had my favorite kind this month! Rest up today! Good luck this weekend!

Run4kupcakes – I know. I was very angry when the weatherman said that. UGGHH the air felt so crisp this morning I don’t want to let it go!

Karen – NICE job on that run yesterday! 78 dewpoint..whew that is rough.

Hi Judy!

Lisa!!!!! So good to hear from you!! Sounds like you are starting to get into the routine. Are you in an apartment? We missed you!

Happy Friyay!!! I got my flannel on today. Love me a good flannel!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Fri-yay indeed!!  Long week like others mentioned.  Just busy, I guess.  Missed TRX/Bells this morning so did a measly 3mi instead.  Late night cut-over was quick enough but I could NOT get back to sleep after that.  Planning 16-18 tomorrow - weather should be FAB!  Going to drive over to my favorite FLAT paths with WATER in Mpls haha.  Not many should be out since TCM is Sunday.  Volunteering as a Course Marshall in the later miles.  Figured since I'd be out cheering a bunch of friends anyway, I might as well help out!

Ginny - yuck on the staff service day today.  Good luck with your long run tomorrow!  Enjoy that fall weather!  IDK - not super hopeful the Twins can beat the Yankees since they only have the one game to move on.  Guaranteed they then won't get past Cleveland so then I can root for your team.

Lizzie - yep, we are all our own worst enemy.  I wish that wasn't the case.  My 12 1/2 yr old niece is already concerned about being "skinny".  I keep telling her that its better to be fit, lean and healthy!  She's all that and more.  Hope you don't have to put in too many hours at the office this weekend but hooray for OT!!  Yep, WFH is kind of an always Friday thing.  The office tends to be a ghost town.

Elina - I love your avatar!  But Whale?  What does that mean.  Glad you took advantage of your "condition" - you don't have much longer to do so.  I forget, have you decided how much time you will take off work?  Or, is it a wait and see how things go?  So super excited for you!!

HC Kupcakes - nice run!!

Karen - holy crap awesome run in that disgusting weather.  Yeah, I'm excited to try OTF.  I think I will like it!  Just hard to fit it all in, ya know.

Gatsby - wow,  I had no idea those birds were so social!  OMG I think I would crack up watching all that haha

Elina2 - Metalica??  LOL  Awww have fun with friend tonight and CAKE!  Good luck in your game tomorrow but be safe, lady!!  Glad you took a rest day (finally! hee hee) too.

LIsa's back, Lisa's back, Lisa's back!!  Hip hip hooray!!  Lots going on in your world but you sound happy!!  Big transition for sure.  Another 50K?!!  Holy crap, lady.  You kinda rock.

Lizzie2 - hip hip hooray to you, too, for awesome run!!!  Please don't hate me when I say I do NOT like Thanksgiving LOL.  I think it's dumb - sit around and EAT haha.  Also cracking up about not knowing how to make an omelet.  Even this non-cooker knows how to do that!! Teasing.  But, good thing is you can't really screw it up.  If you do, just turn it into scrambled eggs and pretend that's what you meant.  Yay for a flannel, too!!  Take care of that foot, lady and have an awesome Friday!!

I think I'm going to run to Target quick when they open at 8am.  Figured I deserve an hour away from the computer after the late night work shenanigans.  Not like anyone will care.  I end up working longer from home anyway.  Have a great day everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

DH went to the office today! Since it's Friday, I'm sure he'll come home early (he probably won't make it much past noon), but I've got the morning to myself!! And just 4 super easy super slow miles on my running schedule, which I will head out for shortly. Running group is going 9 tomorrow, which for all but two of them will be a new distance PR, so am very glad our "cold" front will at least bring some lower humidity this weekend even if it's not bringing cooler temps.

Elina, glad I didn't screw up the definition of floorball but you neglected to mention that you are on that highly-ranked national Latvian team.

Judy, you and all your classes have inspired me to check out the local community college, where they have a program for 50+ people. Kind of cool, although not much I'm interested in still to come this fall, but looking forward to more options this spring.

Lisa! Hi! We missed you too. I am glad you're settling in.

Lizzie, yay on the awesome run! I have a suggestion for HCBF's dinner that is omelet-like but super easy. I've been doing it about once a week here because I love eggs and breakfast food for dinner. I use 8 eggs for both of us, you could use less if it's just for him. Crack them into a bowl and whisk, then add whatever you have in the fridge - shredded cheese, mushrooms, tomato, onion ( or I'll throw in pico if I have it and get tomato, onion and peppers in there), ham/sausage/bacon (cooked), I've even put some frozen hash browns in there. Pour it into a casserole dish and bake at 350 or 375 for about a half hour or until set. That's it.  Okay, now we might be having eggs for dinner....

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Inservice sucks!  Already!  And they don't even have hot tea and it's freezing in here!  That's all.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Just finished 8 rather pleasant miles. I am done for the week, as tomorrow is a holiday and I will be in synagogue all day. That reminds me that I don't think my cousin migrated over here with us. I will have to give her a little jolt. 35.5 miles for the week!

Thanks for explaining floor ball to me, Elina. It looks pretty tough. I've never been partial to team games or athletics that require equipment. Or skill. Running was meant for me.

Hope the weather holds up for your long run tomorrow, Sandy.

Welcome back, Lisa! We've missed you!

Sorry you have to endure that in-service, Ginny. I detest those things for the most part.

So today is cleaning and cooking PLUS I have to bring my car in to get looked at. Sometimes it doesn't go all the way into Park and I can't get my key out. What a pain. DS1 and his girlfriend are coming over for dinner tonight.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

dhuffman63

Trails

Ginny I hate those classes/conferences where they have the temp set to below freezing.

Lisa, welcome back...50k wow...which one are you doing?

Karen, nice that DH is out of your space today, well maybe for a bit.

Sandy I can't cook omelets either but I don't like them so no big deal for me.  I do like scrambled eggs tho, but not with "things" in it...lol.  I'm probably the weirdest eater...I don't like my food touching and if there's too much sauce on the pizza I scrape it all off.  I don't like spaghetti sauce or any tomato paste type but I love raw tomatoes.

Lizzie too bad my DD isn't around you, she love omelets and can cook up a nice one.

Judy, hope your knee continues to feel better.  There's no real college near by me but there is a Technology Center that has some classes that sound interesting.  One thing that DH and I have discussed is when we do retire it should be some where with a college so we can take classes.  Right now I have a DVD for Tai Chi from Great Courses that I need to get started on and one on Understanding Investing that I'm almost done with.  Being a life long learner is awesome, and keeps one from feeling old.

Elina by now your Friyay is probably over and you should be caking it up...lol.

Hello everyone!

I had to work on a fence last night instead of my 4 miles as we are trying to give the horses some more room than the little area they are in now.  When they started the tiny house they tore up the existing fence and finding someone out here to do some work is almost impossible so DH and I are putting up some cattle panels temporarily.  I really need to get back to the gym

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and the 4 miles I didn't do last night.  But OTF was hard and awesome and ending the day with that was great.  Might start doing OTF that late on Thursdays and see.

Elina, enjoy the rest of the day and the rest day.

Judy, enjoy the yoga.

Lisa, hiya!  Enjoy being back home.

Lizzie, nice job on the run.  Could you have the cuboid out of place? I've had that before and the pain I would get is when the bone touched a nerve.  Might be worth seeing a therapist or something that can put it back in place.  There is a move to try to put it in place I can find for you.

Sandy, nice 3.  It has been a long week, ugh.

Karen, enjoy the 4.

Ginny, not sure what inservice is but hoping they get their shit together!

THM, Nice 8.

Diane, enjoy the gym if you can go today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Friday over 

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi All!  I have missed you as well this past week.  Busy busy...

Elina, enjoy your rest day and good luck with your game.  Nice your day is over!

Judy, careful of that knee!  Have great runs over the weekend.

Lisa, WELCOME BACK!  Awesome that you're getting settled in your new place.  Did you get to enjoy NYC at all?  Which 50K are you doing?

Lizzie, congrats on a great run.  I love Thanksgiving food, but am meh on the holiday itself.  Glad HCBF is coming home tonight.  Good luck with the omelet.  Karen's suggestion sounds yummy.

Sandy, nice your are volunteering at TCM.  I am definitely coming for MCM, no worries there.  Between you, Lizzie, and my GF I couldn't miss it.  Smile  I am totally looking forward to meeting you too!

Karen, good luck with your group again tomorrow.  No rain for you??  Nice, we have had it since Tuesday with more in the forecast.  Warm too, mid 80's for the next 10 days.  Blech, when will fall get here.

Ginny, hang in there!  I HATE being cold indoors.  Hope you have a sweater.

Amy, glad you got a nice 8 in.

Diane, are you excited for Pumpkin?

Damaris, ready for Chicago?  Of course you are!!

So my GF left yesterday at noon.  Well, I dropped her off at noon, her flight got delayed until 6pm.  UGH for her.  I miss her, but DAMN, I could use the rest!

No running while she was here, we went at it far too hard.  Packed too much into each day.  And now my cold continues and I feel pretty crummy.  Slept nearly 12 hours last night and am still beat.  I switched shifts with my other doctor, so I work Saturday instead of Sunday.  Going to try for a short run then and suss out whether I should bail on Chicago or not.  Weather is now supposed to be about 75 on marathon Sunday.  My friend I am meeting up with is also sick with a chest cold.  Mine has decided not to go full force, but is lingering.

Someone asked what tattoo I got, it is the horse this is my avatar.  It is starting to itch now...  I have a consult for another one on Saturday, my last for a while I think/hope.

I'm sorry I didn't keep up with everything while my GF was here, too much going on.  I hope all is OK with everyone.

TGIF to all you weekday ladies!

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Friday over 

Haha, Friday is just getting started in California!

Hi Lisa!  It'll be good to have you back.

Ginny, an inservice on a Friday?  Ugh.

Lizzie, hooray for fall temps!  Careful with that foot, pull back on mikes if you need to. Hay is in the barn!

Seloc, nice of you to volunteer at TCM. Sounds like fun!

Karen, I love hearing about your running group. 9 miles sounds far to me right now!

Hi Judy!

Kat, you were busy busy busy with your friend, your body is prob worn out. Hope the cold passes with some rest.  That horse tat id beautiful!  Like a painting.

BBL to catch up with everyone else.

WFH today. Gotta get started...  Happy Friyay to everyone!  Going to walk a few miles after work.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  Still not much going on with me, just the usual foot strengthening exercises, soaking in epsom, wearing my toe spreading socks, etc.    Is anyone else's email notifications on here flaky?  I only got a couple email notifications yesterday, though there were a lot more than 2 updates to the thread!

Karen, I would like a diet that is all carbs, all the time.  

Elina, glad that Friday is done for you!  You can listen to Metallica while you work?    Enjoy your games!

Lisa, glad you could check in!  It sounds like things are going well for you, though I am sure it is a big adjustment!

Lizzie, that was my first try at the braid for DD!  It took awhile, I didn't think it looked great but she was happy with it.  Awesome 15+ miles!  Watch that foot pain!  Generally Thanksgiving and Christmas revolve around food for us!     I learned how to make fluffy scrambled eggs by watching a video.     While DH was injured I made him some super-easy eggs, you put a round piece of ham on the bottom of a cupcake pan, crack an egg into it, sprinkle a little cheese, salt and pepper on top and bake.  Voila!   Pancakes are also nice for dinner.  

Sandy, 3 miles before doing 16-18 miles sounds great to me.    Have fun volunteering!  There is a guy from the RW forums running TCM, he and I were the only ones active on the marathon thread for 4 hour 'ish.  He is going for a sub 4 hour, which I am sure he will get.  I invited him to join our Women's forum, haha!  If I were you I would go to Target and run any other errands I would need to do!  I have been known to do that.  

Hope the day goes quickly for everyone!

Cathy

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies, fly-by for me today. I did Bodypump this morning. Now I'm headed to the grocery store, the cupboards are pretty bare and I have to feed the hungry masses, plus make cookies to take to a cross country pot luck this evening. Hope to BBL for personals.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2