Womens Running

We can do it THURSDAYS! (Dailies) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Almost there!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

What a great 10 hours of sleep last night! I needed it. Sticky and gross out there this morning. Like, I was sweating walking in the office this morning. Humidity is supposed to drop around 10am! Wooohoo! Low 60’s for my run tomorrow!

This has been such a shitty week I really hope that turns around this afternoon when we check out this venue. I’m crossing my fingers!!

Run4kupcakes - I laughed at your celebratory nap 😊 Nice miles!

Okay that’s it from me! Updating from my phone because my stupid computer is installing updates. Ugh.

Happy Thursday!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I hate Windows updates. Mine was last night and I keep getting an error with these about initializing the desktop. It works this morning, so guess it's ok.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates, 5 and maybe weights.

Liz, I don't think I've ever slept 10 hours...ever.  I would be a zombie all day if I did.  Enjoy the rest.

HCK, I hate when my work laptop does any of those.  Can't say I'm sad we switched to Macs at home 8+ years ago.  These computers never need updates nor improvements!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Almost there indeed.

Got 11k w 8x100m yesterday. The 100m repeats were fun; I was using a side road 1k from my house, which is always more fun than any track. Unless I have to avoid too many cyclists and/or cars and/or temporary road signs, but yesterday wasn't too bad. Lots of annoyed residential house dogs, tho, hehe. Oh well.

World Cup starts today (6pm kick-off!), so I am leaving work at 5pm and not a second later! Beer, snacks and traffic jams - hopefully I will make it in time! Easy 10k planned after the game; thank you, light summer evenings! So, I can't have too many beers, hehe.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

5.2 dirt road miles this morning near DC's Hellish place. LOL Weather looks awesome for Saturday's marathon. Sunny and 87.. in Ohio. Will be fun though since supposed to be a beautiful midwest trail course, with root ladder, and something like 24 hours to finish.

Lisa

Seloc

HCK – over 7mi AFTER a 2 hour nap?  Dang, girl, way to go.  I think I’d be too groggy and done for the day.  My laptop was doing updates last night so I couldn’t watch my new favorite show on Prime – Catastrophe.

Lizzie – nice sleep!  Sorry for sweating walking into work.  That’s the WORST!  Super happy you will have nice weather for your long run.  Super excited for your afternoon!  I hope it works out but, if not, just means you will find something even MORE amazing.  Man I wish I could come to your house for dinner.  You do such a great job of cooking every night.  I really need to start doing that.  Oh, my hand held is SUPER old and I wouldn’t recommend it.  Yeah, it sorta slips around a bit.  I think those that kind of mold toward your hand with the neoprene sleeve look good.  Nathan brand, maybe?  But, I’ve been too lazy and cheap to order one.  I forget that your parents have a timeshare.  Score!  Um, NO WAY I’d EVER splurge for a Marriot.  I am jsut now going a step above a hostel but that’s it LOL

Elina – glad your data got the approval!  Funny about you connecting with her fella.  OMG on the store being on fire!  But, yeah, me thinks their timestamps are off on their data or something.  Oh!  They were talking about WC on the news this morning so maybe it will get some coverage.  Is it Germany that is favored?  OMG how in the WORLD you can run after even one beer is beyond me!!

Karen – today I am SOOOO jealous of your retirement!  Okay, maybe I am a tiny bit every day but today extra so.  But, I still think you are cool.    And my idol with how amazing you are with all your mileage!  I wanna be like Karen!  Glad you were able to find a back up Garmin cuz, you know, miles don’t count if they aren’t documented.  I was wondering if there was a chiller for the pool – makes sense!  Up here anyone only has heaters.  Yep, there are in-ground pools in MN.  OMG I was cracking up at DH “stealing” the dudes spot in the office.  LOLOLOL  That’s awesome.

Cathy – good question about what my heart rate was yesterday.  I’m wondering how accurate the thing is.  I looked down a couple times and I would see 150s but then no data like my heart wasn’t beating.  Okay, probably it just couldn’t read it.  I’ll have to upload these last few runs and do a comparison.  True that total time to get to DTW will be similar driving or flying.  Personally I just don’t like to drive that much.  But, OMG, a ferry across the lake??  Now THAT sounds fun!!  I would consider that for SURE.  Bummer you are losing your office and back to cubeville but glad you got a window seat!

Tessa – I’ve been meaning to ask about the kittens!  Please tell us more!  And how is the little one that you kept from the last batch doing?

Nothing for me.  Stomach was  a mess, ankle has been wonky and my foot hurt.  At least those were the excuses I came up with when I didn’t want to get out of bed.  Really it’s a TURD.  Of course, walking in to work in the AMAZING weather the  stomach is better and ankle and foot feel just fine.  NOW I want to go for a run.  But, here I am in this nasty old office building surrounded by a bunch of dirty dirts.  Sigh.

Meeting up with some friends tonight as one is in town from NC.  Not super excited about it mostly because of the hassle to get over to Mpls in rush hour.  Plus I feel gross since I didn’t workout.  I’m sure it’ll be fine once I get there.  Last nice day before heat and humidity settle in for the weekend.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday since the weather later was possibly going to be stormy, I dashed out early to the trail. It was a good run. There were quite a few women running, also people walking their dogs. That was the available wildlife because the birds, etc.only tolerate people one at a time.:laugh:  Later in the afternoon DC and I did 2 hours of volunteer work in the library.

My pots of wax beans are growing at an alarming rate. I may have to install strings or something for them to climb. 
                  Today’s weather is great! I am cleaning a lot today and doing weights, stretches and yoga. The stretches are trying to wash windows at my height.  I’ll slip in a cardio dvd also.
                  Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

World Cup starts today (6pm kick-off!), so I am leaving work at 5pm and not a second later! Beer, snacks and traffic jams - hopefully I will make it in time! Easy 10k planned after the game; thank you, light summer evenings! So, I can't have too many beers, hehe.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Sigh, game starts in an hour and I’m on the train going to work.  

But I’m working from home tomorrow!   Air-quotes around the word working.

Ran 12 yesterday, planning 8 after work today.

Lizzie, hope that your visit to the venue goes well!

Judy, laughing at your beans growing amok.

Lisa, have a great race on Sat!  Is DC running something too?

Damaris, HCK — yep I’m in the “hate MS windows club” too.  We’re Mac people at home.

Seloc, sorry that your body conspired against you today. Have fun tonight. Do that run tomorrow and tell your body to shut up about the niggles.

Ok gotta scoot. Almost my stop. Hi to everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Apparently my old Garmin doesn't really hold a charge overnight. I went outside to run and by the time it found satellites I got a low battery warning. I had charged it yesterday morning. And since it seemed to be fine yesterday afternoon, I didn't charge the one I normally use on my bike, so it wasn't working either. 5 miles for me this morning with phone in hand and a late start. Sigh. I did sign up for OTF later this morning so should be able to get a couple more miles while there. I sent the Garmin back 2-day, now I'm wishing I"d paid for overnight. Every day matters! Anyway, hot, humid, bleh. We're supposedly getting a pretty big storm over the weekend. Lots of rain, but I'm hoping there are pockets of no rain since the storm is supposed to keep the temps down in the 80s.

Liz, I'm happy for you and your long run weather! I am so glad I don't have to deal with Windows updates anymore. I remember once at my last job there was some massive update that took over an hour. Since I told them I didn't want a company phone I wasn't allowed to have work email on my phone. So I couldn't do anything. Oh, and we had just gone to hourly and timesheet and you clocked in online. I had to get my boss to go in and manually change my timesheet.

Morning HCK!

Damaris, I'm with you. Switching to Macs at home a few years back was definitely a good move. We still have one windows desktop but are pretty much just waiting for it to die. Hardly ever use it, it's mostly storage for music and pictures at this point.

Elina, I love 100s. Most all of my plans end up starting off speedwork with 100s before getting into the longer stuff, because they're fun but they also get your legs ready for more. Woohoo for the World Cup! I guess the US is going to have to start paying attention if we're going to have some of it here in 2026.

Lisa, oof on that race day temperature. But it's trails and supposed to be a nice course, so just take it easy and enjoy.

Sandy, new favorite show on Prime? I'll have to check that out. Maybe binge on my flights next weekend to IL - Prime shows are easiest on the Kindle Fire (obviously). Speaking of Prime shows, season 2 of Goliath comes out this weekend!! Did you watch season one? Awesome show, I know Liz watched it too but can't remember if you did. Not gonna lie, retirement is awesome. I overheard one of the old ladies at the neighborhood thing telling another one not to retire because it's easy to get bored and do nothing and just sit around and watch TV all day. I barged my way into that conversation fast! I did say that I made a point not to turn the TV on during the day, especially when I first retired to make sure I didn't fall into that trap. But geez, it's all what you make it.

Judy, I'm picturing your wax beans slowly (or not so slowly) overtaking your entire apartment. Don't forget to keep checking in with us so we know they haven't pushed you out!

Good morning Margaret! Good to see you this morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Sandy, Germany is favoured, but there are many other quality teams (France, Spain, Argentina, Portugal etc.). Enjoy your eve and forget the missed workout! Grab some beer and call it carbload for future workouts Smile

Karen, when I noticed the 100s in your plan, there was a loud ''OH NO'', haha. But they are good to get the legs moving, you are absolutely right.

Oh boy, Putin making a speech at World Cup opener. Won't bring politics to this board, but, Latvia being formerly under rule of USSR... Ugh. Just ugh. I got my beer. Not the snacks tho, the beer place had out-of-stock. Meh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day today, switching the schedule around due to DD's trail race Saturday.  Plus that gives me an extra rest day which will be nice because my foot has been kind of sore since all the walking around downtown Chicago last weekend!  Will try to do some strength tonight though.

Lizzie, nice that the humidity is dropping for your long run!  We will be in the 90's with humidity this weekend.  I hope all goes well with the venue!  Is is still lucky if it is a whole new cake for your first year anniversary?    I saw something on the news about a couple that saved their wedding cake and had a bite every anniversary for 60 YEARS!  Can you imagine?  I use Amphipod Hydraform handhelds, they work well for me.  I carry a medium sized one, since I refill at water fountains.  It also has a pocket for gels.

Damaris, I have had Macs for a long time.  Really can't stand Windows!

Elina, 100m repeats sound like fun!  Are there homes on that side road?  I do my hill repeats on a street with homes.  I wonder what people think if they see me running back and forth.    Glad your work got the OK!  I will cheer for England.  

Sandy, from what I've seen with the wrist-based HR monitors, they seem to tend to be a bit erratic.  So OK if you want an average HR, but not so good if you want something more exact.  I have seen some weird HR graphs!  Most of my RB's in my Garmin group have the wrist based HR.  I think the ferry starts operating the last weekend of April.  Perfect timing?    I don't mind driving, though driving through Chicago is a pain.  We are getting the same weather.  Yay.  Have fun with your friends tonight!

Judy, nice stretching.  

Karen, funny on the tech issues.  It is hard to run without what you are used to, I find it difficult to run without my HR monitor!  I dusted off my 220 for DD to use.  It was having issues holding a charge, which was my excuse to upgrade to the 230.  Of course, now it seems fine!  I had it turned off for a month and it had 100% charge!  Hope the storms aren't too bad!  My in-laws just retired.  We'll see how they like it.    I think that I would like it just fine!  Haha on DH and the cubicle.

Margaret, hope you get a chance to watch some of the WC!

Kupcakes, nice speedwork and napping.  

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Sandy, Germany is favoured, but there are many other quality teams (France, Spain, Argentina, Portugal etc.). Enjoy your eve and forget the missed workout! Grab some beer and call it carbload for future workouts Smile

Karen, when I noticed the 100s in your plan, there was a loud ''OH NO'', haha. But they are good to get the legs moving, you are absolutely right.

Oh boy, Putin making a speech at World Cup opener. Won't bring politics to this board, but, Latvia being formerly under rule of USSR... Ugh. Just ugh. I got my beer. Not the snacks tho, the beer place had out-of-stock. Meh.

We hear you!  Watching now since I'm working from home today. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I will just say that as between Russia and Saudi Arabia, I’d like to see both lose.  But I will be rooting (likely fruitlessly) for Saudi today since Russia (really, Putin) is higher on the dislike list.

Hi Karen!

Sorry for the quick fly by.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OMG it is so freaking hot out there today. My feet are sweating in my flats and WHEW..they smell. Why do flats always smell?!  LOL. YOU’RE WELCOME.

So, we have a team meeting at 1. I can only stay for a half hour but this should be interesting. I have just been giving mammal yes or no answers. I don’t want to be chit chatting with him. I will do my job and that is it. He is on the warpath today..that mammal needs to change directions! No one wants that thing coming at them!

Heading out of here at 1:30! WOOHOO. Thanks for all the good lucks! I will let you ladies know how it goes!  Smile Crossing my fingers that this turns my week around.

Run4kupcakes – YES. I try to avoid turning my computer off so I don’t have to go through the updates.

Docket – Oh yes, I will be more tired than usual today. Good luck with the 5!I love my at home Mac!

Kilmisters – Nice run yesterday!! I always annoy the residential dogs on my early morning runs.  Smile Enjoy watching the game and the run later! Hope work is a little more calm today.

Lisa – Are you being sarcastic about the weather? That doesn’t sound fun. LOL. I hope you have a great time! Is DC coming with?

Sandy – Oh no on your stomach! Of course that and the ankle feel better when you get to work  Smile That’s okay, you will have an awesome run tomorrow. OH YES – Catastrophe..that is the one like Shameless, right? HCF and I just finished SAFE and are looking for the next show. Completely forgot about that one. I will have to look into the Nathan brand hand water bottle. The one im using is going to get annoying. Or maybe I just find a new strap for it. I would never splurge for Marriott either! TOO EXPENSIVE. Airbnb’s are much cheaper and sometimes even better. Have a great time tonight! You’ll be glad you went once you get there SmileI do that too…sometimes I dread things until I finally get there and have wine.

Judy – Enjoy your workout today! Wax beans huh? I am going to have to google that.

Margaret – Lucky you WFH tomorrow! Who works on Friday anyway?  Smile Nice miles yesterday. Good luck on the run this afternoon!

Karen – I guess that is why you bought a new watch Smile guess you’ll just have to use your phone until then Smile Running in the rain in that heat might feel good! Clock in online? Weird! I am hourly/salary but I just keep track on paper. Though..mammel will probably have a problem with that soon since he is on the warpath. I want to be retired! HCF and I are looking forward to season 2 of Goliath!!!

Cathy – Oh hey, we are mileage twins today. Oh, I guess Sandy is too! Hope your foot feels better! Maybe had something to do with the shoes you were wearing? We will be in the 90’s beginning Sunday. UGHHHH. EW cake for 60 years?! Oh God. I hope they had some special storage for that haha. I don’t know if it is still lucky to have a new cake – I planned on saving ours  Smile I am pretty traditional when it comes to wedding stuff. Except we will have a girl on the groomsman side Smile

Have a great afternoon ladies!