Womens Running

(Over 40) Winter weekend (Read 243 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Leaving shortly so I will say Happy New Year to everyone now as I doubt I will be anywhere near a computer till I get back on Jan. 2. Enjoy your holiday this week, enjoy your families, stay safe, and injury-free as you run this week.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Bikerchick1

AmyTHM - Not sure that you will get back on computer...but if you do, safe travels to you!

Karen - I will relax...LOL, as much as my ADD allows me that it....I am a fidgeter...   I will usually get up early and go do my shopping, etc., when it isn't busy...

Met my "girls running group" this am for 6.  Was in the 20's, but a really nice run.  It has been really great to run with these gals!  Am so enjoying some days off work, and that my Christmas things are all done.  We have family Christmas at DD's/SIL's tomorrow, then we just have a quiet, peaceful, Christmas Day....

Will check back later on everyone

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Amy how is the cough today?

Carol I'm excited that my run has gotten better

Linda good for you registering for the virtual run!

Karen since I missed my long run last Sunday I divided my weekly miles over 6 days.

Lisamarie I don't wear compression stuff but they do aid a lot of people in recovery.Hi Camille

Lisa the pics for worl ending marathon were great.

Great run today!  20 with no stops No need for fuel, and my stomach cooperated.  Best run in a long time.

Hey Ladies

o

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

17.3 miles this afternoon. It was 45, sunny and just a perfect day for running. I think I ran a little harder than I realized yesterday though, because the last few miles today were tough.

Excited about my long run next weekend. Zipper (from runango) is hosting a 40 mile fatass that starts/finishes from her house. She has figured out a plan where I don't have to get up at an undgodly hour to get there (she lives about two hours from me) and can just jump in and run the second 20. I am looking forward to seeing her, and to getting in a nice 20 miles on new-to-me trails. I have told her though that if the weather looks like it's going to be bad at all, I'm bailing. Not driving two hours each way to run 4 hours in a cold rain. Will also get to meet her friend that is running Hatfield McCoy, as he is volunteering at one of the aid stations.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Linda

I ran the distance of the virtual run  (13.1), this morning.  My garmin wasn't charged, so I had to guess the mileage.  I ran a route that I knew was at least 13.1.  I copied last week'a run to account in my log just to account for the mileage.  I didn't wear the bib, because it would have been too sad.  The bib really gets to me.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Linda

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, 14 every day? Wow.

Lisa, one of the women on the WW marathons daily did those two marathons -- haven't read her race report but she was excited about both the races and the medal.

I did MS Blues last January, so did Susan (crazysue).  It is indeed an impressive medal. TSA thought so too!

Amy, amen to that. If I'm away for something, I know the family will eat fast food, run the dishwasher when forced to, use clean dishes out of it and pile the dirty ones in the sink, and not even think of changing the sheets or mopping the floor (unless something very sticky gets all over it).

Carolyn, not sure leaving shoes in DH's way will do much. In my experience subtle hints do not work. Beating him upside the head with the shoes might possibly make an impression.

Laura, I wouldn't buy a big box of the sweetener DBF doesn't like unless you like it -- just don't buy sweetener at all. He'll learn either to stop complaining or to buy it himself.

Linda, hope you took a rest day. 8 on the TM is no fun even for someone as speedy as you are.

Carol, hope you got everything done.

Gatsbybird, score on the gifts, glad everyone has arrived in CA!

Lisa, wolves, scary!

Lisa-Marie, I am not sure about compression sleeves for arms, for calves I believe they're supposed to push blood back to the heart.

Karen, glad the grocery shopping went off without incident.

Camille, binding, one of my least favourite parts of a quilt. good luck.

First page done...

Arimathea

Tessa

For those doing the Sandy Hook virtual race, thank you.

Karen, enjoy the Fat Ass! Very envious, wish I lived closer.

20 miles yesterday with running neighbour. Good run! Finished up at TJs and DD came and picked us up and drove us and groceries home.

10 this afternoon. I had one route planned out but then DD needed something from the crafts store so I ran there and back.

Happy runs! And safe travels Amy!