Womens Running

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, it's Friday! (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I had a 35 minute track run, then cardio DVD for 25 minutes at home.

This morning I’m getting a flu shot, so after work I may do my groceries and then go home. Flu shots leave me a bit tired by the end of the day. I plan to sleep in Saturday morning. Ahhhhh!

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

MorningJudy

Karen so happy for the job. I'd bet the first day will be paperwork, orientation stuff.

Marjorie

camille2

Just popping in to congratulate folks on the new jobs.

Karen, sounds like a great cover letter!  Congrats on the job!  I was very impressed with the race last weekend! Smoking fast!

Laura, money isn't the most important thing. I hope you love the new job!

Tessa, I sure hope you can get some help at home.  Ask the DC planner to give you all possible services including PT/OT and home health nursing at home. You hubby might be willing to do more once he's home. I was sorry to read about your hip issue.

Lisa, crying is perfectly understandable at this point. You must be so frustrated. I hope today is better.

Annie Susan, That trip sounds like a very nice vacation!

DR, I'm sorry about your grandmother.

Ginny, good luck on your race!

Marjorie, it sounds like that hospital stay may have a good outcome since your dad has restarted his meds...maybe things will settle down once he's on them for a while. I feel for you having to deal with the new wife.

Carol, take care of yourself! You do have some nice long runs in already.

I'm in GA and the weather is great!  I haven't been back this early and am pleasantly surprised.

My mom has had urinary retention since I've been back and her doc has been away. The care in his absence has been hit/miss. She's had 5 visits in 4 weeks and seen 4 different providers and has had no tests to sort out the cause of her urinary retention.  She has a foley catheter now and is miserable.  I've been there about half the time since I've been back.   I've have taken the past 10 days off from running. I've been really tired anyway and decided to see if more rest would settle down my immune system.  It's made no difference in the hives   so I guess I might as well run.  I saw a local immunologist   a couple days ago and she gave me a prescription for steroids. They don't fix autoimmune hives... they just go away on the days I'm on the steroids. Am I being vain? I'm waiting to start them so I'll be on them at my high school reunion next week.   : )

TGIF!!  Yesterday ran 7 miles before root canal work.  sheesh!  Now I have to go to my regular dentist to have the permanent filling.  So ready to be done with this.

Swam 2000 yards this morning.  Funeral for former co-worker's son this afternoon.  He was 55.  Fell off a roof after Katrina (2005 -06?) and has been bedridden since.  Sad.

I haven't passed any more blood since Tuesday, so fingers crossed.  All bloodwork came back fine.  I already have a colonoscopy scheduled for October, so the GP and gastro doc decided I didn't need to move that test up.  Whew.  Feel fine.  I thought the run yesterday might cause bleeding again, so I was relieved it didn't.  TMI, sorry.  If I mention to kids or Mom they would freak out.  Thanks for the hand holding.

I'm the only one in my office today and my knitting fell into my briefcase.....

Smile

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I had planned on going to Bodyflow this morning, but a work crisis is screwing that up. As she often does, my main client brought the crazy to my life yesterday. She copied me on an email to a group of folks saying "Cindy will be the point person for getting the final promotional materials proofed and printed." I had no idea what she was talking about. Oh, and she informed me that she needed the printed pieces on Monday. And she's out of town and unavailable for approvals. Sheesh! It's a good thing she's very nice to me and pays me fairly well.

Karen - congrats on the new job!

Marjorie - sorry about all the drama with your dad.

AnnieSusan - that sounds like a great trip! DH and I would like to do some trips like that now that the boys are older.

Tessa - my fingers are crossed that you don't have an sfx. I hope having your DH at home is going as smoothly as possible.

Judy - your apartment garden sounds nice. I have a black thumb, so no house plants in our house.

Camille - welcome back to GA! Sorry about your mom, I hope she gets answers soon.

Lisa - hang in there. I would probably be crying too, period or no.

Crazysue - "my knitting fell into my briefcase" made me laugh.

Carol - from earlier in the week, I'm glad you like my FB posts about the kids. Trying to keep a sense of humor is the only thing that keeps me from killing them some days. I hope you're feeling better.

Damaris - happy birthday!

Off to do some work, and see if I can squeeze in some stretching to make up for missing class. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

Snappy 8 miles this morning, followed by an extra long dog walk just because it's so nice out. Just cut some stuff up and threw it in the crockpot for dinner tonight (jambalaya), and now headed to Sam's Club to restock....pretty much everything in the house!

Camille, welcome back to the lower 48. Sorry your mom is having trouble - hope they find answers for her soon. And for you too on the hives.

Susan, how odd that your knitting just happened to fall into your bag on a day you're the only one in the office! Too funny.

Cindy, I remember your stories about crazy client when we were comparing her and my old boss. Sorry for the headaches, but at least she keeps your life interesting?

Morning Marjorie and Judy. Oops, I mean afternoon.

Damaris, hope you're having a great birthday!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy birthday Damaris!

Susan, funny that your knitting maanged to fall into your bag, but I suppose it would have been a little difficult for your sewing machine to manage the same thing. Glad you have not had any more bleeding.

Lisa, glad that the cause of the funk is identifiable.

Judy, take it easy after the flu shot.

Camille, glad you made it back safely, sorry about your mum -- not sure what could cause urinary retention in females. With DH the urologist said prostate enlargement, but I don't think that would be the case with your mother.

AnnieSusan, welcome back!

Cindy, sorry about the work craziness.

Marjorie, dad's new wife sounds like a piece of work.

Karen, good luck with the grocery shopping. So you start October 14?

DH is home. And as predicted he is unable to do anything without assistance. Except shout. He does that just fine. DS informed his father that "you need us more than we need you" which shut him up for a while.

The patient (why do they call them that?) got home and promptly demanded a chili dog and fries, which I did get him since he's been eating (or not eating) nursing home and hospital food for months. Unfortunately they had the expectable effect. Fortunately we laid in a good supply of diapers and wipes.

I managed 4 slow miles yesterday morning and 4.5 today. Hip is feeling better. I think there was some irritation in the sacroiliac, and cutting back seems to be helping.

Working from home again today. Social worker coming this afternoon. Once the movie DH is watching is over I want to see if he is ready to discuss a few things -- like his not taking any of his meds and, after the fast food guzzle yesterday afternoon, not eating. He's had some apple juice and that's all.

LC Runs

Tessa - I haven't kept up on all the developments, but DH will have home help, I assume (and hope, for your sake).  Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts.

9 more days of work.  My supervisor put in his 2 week notice today (he's bypassing the 4 week rule since he hasn't been there long enough to accumulate much PTO).  That place is imploding......

AnnieSUSAN-sounds like a wonderful trip!

Marjorie-I have a feeling you will be hearing from wife more very soon.  She'll soon realize that you will be a resource. It's coming.

Karen-first couple of weeks is the honeymoon. enjoy it. dishes in the sink and empty toilet paper rolls will come soon enough. don't overthink the honeymoon. that's about all that I want to hear to be honest about my dumb knee.

Judy-enjoy sleeping in ... I'll be up at 3am to volunteer at 4am (not sure what the heck I was thinking)

Camille-not vain, just doing what any reasonable adult would do. they only get rid of the symptoms so taking med when you want symptoms gone makes sense.

Cindy-as long as your laughter over kids doesn't pick a maniacal sound to it sense of humor is good. I believe you have an ambiguous work situation on your hands. makes for a great answer to an interview question.

Karen-one trip to Sam's club should last the two of you for quite a while!

Tessa-ouch on ds' comment but it's certainly true. glad your hip is feeling better too. Ensure?

Laura-what exactly does your work do? it's medical related right? seems that the turnover is crazy!

PT this morning.  Went fine. They've taken out the squat type of exercises since those were what really set off extreme sharp pointy pain in knee. Now just back to regular old tight, swollen feeling pain in knee with some pain in front. Same as before surgery.  Really no difference. I do know that I've firmed up though so that's good. Pants fit differently in the hips/thighs. Not exactly the intended effect but I'll take it.

DWD tomorrow. Bummed to not be running with my team but will volunteer. 4am arrival to work parking (directing cars in the dark into unmarked fields for parking, at least it's supposed to stop raining before then but I'm sure mud will be involved). Parking until around 8 then move to the Hell Store aid station (Karen will remember that's the exchange by the river with the heated bathroom-score me!). Working with wife of run buddy. Told them I have to leave around 12:30pm.  Then bring dd for nails and help her primp for Homecoming dance. Still can't believe she's going to Homecoming! Going with run buddy who brought me all the wine after surgery (Scrapster's) son. Pretty sure that I'll sleep well that night...once she is home that is.

Damaris-Happy Birthday!!

Lisa

LC Runs

Hey Lisa - have fun at DWD tomorrow!!

I work for community mental health - they had a change in administration about 2.5 years ago, which resulted in an upheaval in the hierarchy and structure of the agency, they brought in several peeps with Masters Degrees but no experience in CMH, it  has been a complete disaster!  I cannot wait to leave Big grin

Arimathea

Tessa

Greetings from the land of Finished the Entire Bottle of Wine.

It was that or smother DH. I figured I'd take one for the PointsPlus team.

He's been home about 30 hours. He is completely incontinent, demanding, querulous, critical, and generally insufferable. And he wants me to promise that he won't be in a SNF again. I can't do that.

I have lost count of the number of diapers I've changed. EEeeeww. I worked from home yesterday and today. I have to go in on Monday, DH may have to deal with being on his own for some hours. That is not going to go over well. Too bad.

On the good front, I did 4 yesterday and 4.5 this morning and my hip is feeling better. 20 tomorrow morning with MM. We are starting at 5 AM. Think I'm going to bring reflective gear even though the street is lit.

social worker never showed or called. I took off work primarily for this meeting. I am pissed off.

And DH does not want to talk or think about what might happen to him. I asked what he was envisioning and was told that I was picking a fight.

Fine. He can deal with the idea that he isn't going to get better all by himself.