Womens Running

(Over 40) memorial weekend 3 days worth of posts :) (Read 21 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And off we go

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Run and puppy pool for me today.

edit. Ran 6.4. We are at the pool now.

Marjorie

ginnyb

working today....bleh!  Really hate being here, it is a beautiful day.  Tomorrow pretty sure I am going to do the 5K, just wish it started before 10, that is late for me!  Family is coming over later for a cookout.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

I survived my first Pilates session today. I loved it! And I can definitely feel it now. I signed up for some more private sessions, and then will likely do more of the group classes. I like my instructor a lot - they were all great. Ran a bunch of errands right after while I was out, now eating and will run a few miles this afternoon. It's a beautiful day, not supposed to get too hot, so a run should be nice.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hi, SRD for me.  Spending some time with friends who came to visit but otherwise quiet.  We watched the latest X Men this morning.

Marjorie, Nice run.

Ginny, sorry you are working today.

Karen, it's a nice ouch after Pilates, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Fun time on a run and puppy pool!

Karen - Glad you liked your Pilates class Smile

Damarias - Enjoy your friends!

Ginny - Booo on having to work.  Hope you run the 5k tomorrow!

Is today Tessa's big race?

Did a nice 8 mile run with RB's this am.  We have Aly for the day, so took her out to do some fun things.  Think we are going to take off tomorrow and go for a drive and a hike!  The weather is too beautiful not to enjoy.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Went and got dh a new car today. He wanted an SUV so we got him a Ford Edge. His other car was 7 years old. It was time to get a new one.

Marjorie

Happy Saturday!  I ran 7.8 with RC and DH this morning in drizzly coastal fog.  Great running weather but not so good for anyone coming out to the beach this weekend.  Also got some yard work done.  Debating doing other chores versus goofing around on the internet.  Hmmm.

Marjorie, a new car is always exciting.

Carol, glad you're getting out to enjoy the nice weather.  Have a nice hike tomorrow.

Damaris, enjoy your SRD and time with friends.

Karen, you going to pilates for cross-training?  I bet it's working some different muscles than running does.

Ginny, sorry you are working today.  I'll have to work on Monday but fortunately not today.

I hope the weekend racers are having (Tessa) or had (LC) a fun day.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Hi all!

10 miles yesterday before work since I didn't have to drive the carpool of kids and am now accustomed to getting up at 4am. 

Spent last night at brother's family's house that's about 1.5 hours north of Detroit so technically we can say that we headed up North for the weekend. LOL sort of a Michigan or Midwest thing. Ditto to all on the great weather the midwest is having.  mid to upper 70's and sun.  we deserve it.  Today is granddau's bday but we'll be celebrating next weekend since dh isn't here. DH comes back tomorrow morning and I have tickets to a Tigers game. should be fun.  "Puppy" sitting for dd=weekend with a pit bull. Took him to the park and I forgot that he doesn't jump into cars.  I have an Escape so lifting dog into it was ...fun. Pretty goofy looking I'm sure.

DH has job that won't start until Sept. in New Hampshire.  It's with a former part of the company he works with now that bought themselves out.  He's been doing their inventory here and once it's all transferred they want him to run that part of the business.  What's sort of interesting is that I know pretty much all of the staff there since I hired for them when I worked at the parent company.  I'm not moving.. monetarily, this will be breakeven but will be huge confidence boost for him and good career move.  Absence certainly won't hurt our marriage; might help.  He's been miserable with current job and son situation which makes everyone around him miserable. I know that I've been completely tuned out because of it so this could help us one way or another.

Tessa- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  I do think that cake sliced as many ways as you want it and eaten however you want it is in order.

Camille-the cruise sounds lovely.

Marjorie-congrats on the new car for dh!!

Ginny-have fun with the 5k. work should be done by now. you made it.  Hey, what did you think of my suggestion that I PM'ed you on FB and mentioned here the other day?

Karen-enjoy the cross training!  I need to go back and read about this race out east. I am signed up for the Detroit full. 3rd sunday in October. How do you put in the discount code?

Damaris-yes it is nice to have other connections! thanks for all.  how was the movie?

Carol-have fun today!

Gatsby-I'm guessing that the internet won??

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Is today Tessa's birthday?  Happy birthday

Marjorie

Yup. And she's running for 24 hours to celebrate it.

Is today Tessa's birthday?  Happy birthday

Lisa

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I'm still here! I've been keeping up with everyone's posts even though I haven't been posting. And I've been running - 8 miles this morning in very pleasant weather. Low 60s and not humid. Even though I haven't started official marathon training, the fact that I'm doing it is helping to keep me motivated to keep my mileage up. Last summer I really suffered a lack of motivation due to the heat.

Tessa - happy happy birthday! I can't wait to hear about the big race.

Laura - I hope the race went well.

Marjorie - I thought of you today when I put the boys to work in the yard! They weren't as meticulous as you would be, but it was good for them.

Ginny - bummer, working on a Saturday. The cookout should be fun, though.

Lisa - I loved the pics from California - beautiful!

Damaris - DS1 is lobbying to be allowed to see the new X Men. He and DH are working their way through the old ones on DVD.

Karen - I've been going back to core class after about a 6-week break, and I an definitely feel it! Some of the moves are Pilates-related.

Carol - enjoy the Aly time.

Gatsby - sounds like good running weather.

Enjoy the weekend everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Tessa!  Hope your race is going great.

Lisa, the movie was good. My favorite of the series is First Class and this one was slightly less than that one but my two favorites so far (if that helps).

Have a great weekend, all!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

And away we go for day two of the long weekend!   DH and I will go out for a long run in a little bit and then get breakfast afterwards.  Should be nice and sunny today.  I got a fair amount of yard work done yesterday, maybe do a little more today plus other chores plus more goofing around on the internet.

Hi Damaris!  You having your usual balmy summer weather?

Cindy, glad you are having good running weather and taking advantage of it!  When does your marathon training officially start?

Lisa, your DH's new job sounds like a good things on many levels.

Tessa, I hope you enjoyed each and every slice of birthday cake as you did your 24 hour run.

LC, did you have fun at Bayshore?

Marjorie, have you guys taken the new car out for a spin?

Hi to everyone else to come.... be back later!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

A little sore from Pilates yesterday, so I guess I'll keep going! Marjorie, my instructor, who is also a runner, is named Marjorie!

I'm about to head out for a run. Unspecified length, though I'd like to hit double digits at least.

Lisa, how do you put in the discount code or how do you get the discount code? Most registration forms have someplace during signup to put in a code. I know there are a few where you have to fill out a paper form and send in - honestly I don't bother with those if they aren't much. To find the discount code, log in to the MM site, then go to the bulletin board page, then discounts, then put the race name into the search field. I usually forget to do it and end up paying full price. Or they don't get a discount until after I've already signed up. But I used the ones for these two races. I'm running Baltimore the same weekend as Detroit I think. So yes, check out the weekend before. Hartford, CT on Saturday and/or Newport, RI on Sunday. We have places to stay and we think you should come out and play. After these two I'll have most of the east half of the country done, with the exception of Maine, New Hampshire, Delaware, SC and Georgia. May do Rehoboth for Delaware in December and planning on Charleston in January. Rehoboth is expensive, but it would be cheaper now overall than if I have to fly back out here to do one of the other Delaware marathons.

Anxiously awaiting news on Tessa's big day. Just think of how long a race report from her from a 24-hour race is gonna be!!!

Good to see you Cindy. Yes, marathon training will go much better if you keep up the mileage before you start.

Hi to all, I better get out there before the temps start climbing. Not going to be that hot today (high of 80 I think), but 70 is much nicer than 80 for running. Taking the dog to the vet this afternoon. He has another ear infection. This one came on fast and has affected his hearing. Poor little guy can only hear really loud noises. Hoping it's temporary.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel