Womens Running

Why isn't it Friday THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

This week is taking its sweet ol' time!!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I needed it! Of course I slept about 8 hours and I feel more tired than I usually do. I dont get it...

Tomorrow I am doing my first double digit since Fargo. WOOT WOOT. Its going to be humid....ugh. I guess I better get used to it! Going to try the handheld water bottle. I would take my Camelbak but I won't be going super long.

LETS GO CAPS!!!!! I won't be able to stay awake for the entire game...I told HCF to wake me up during the third period. Smile

Kilmisters – Awe, YAY for the great run yesterday!! Uhm, as far as the excel..you lost me at “an interesting chart w help of excel” LOL. You are such a data person! I am the opposite Smile Maybe I should send my training plans to you and you can create the excel hehe Smile  I think I follow though – and I think Karen probably gave you some tough speedwork this training cycle Smile You have plenty of time before your next race! What is your highest weekly mileage this training cycle?

Run4kupcakes – OMG your day yesterday! Nice miles..I hear ya on WALMART. I was having the same issue yesterday afternoon!! That is crazy about the insect bite..did they give you an clue as to what it could have been? Maybe a spider.

Docket – YES..sell yourself! Easier said than done (for me anyway)..you are going to do so great!! Let us know how it goes!

Sandy - I was re-reading your messages this morning to make sure I didn't forget to respond (it happens)..and I started cracking up about Hawley again. LOL.

Have a great Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

The early mornings and mileage are catching up with me. Could not stay up at 5:15 with Riley this morning. Then when I did finally get up, not really enough time to run before taking him to daycare. I think I'll do OTF later this morning (thanks for calling me out yesterday Liz, I was trying to skate by with no strength this week.....I know better). Then maybe a short run this evening, maybe nothing.

HCK, good call on the doctor visit for the weird bite. I think DH once just saw a tick crawling on him (didn't even bite) and he went in and got antibiotics. Something like lyme is not something you want to wait around and be sure on!

Damaris, just be confident and you'll be great. If you haven't supervised people on the job, can you think of an example in real life where you did? Even something as silly as the miles game online or "well, I supervise a husband and 8,000 cats on a daily basis." Or even better, just tell them you haven't but you've learned from the various supervisors you've had what works and why you'd be good at that. I'm no Lisa, but that's probably what I would do.

Liz, enjoy the rest day. I did my first double digit since Fargo on Monday. Then again on Tuesday. And yesterday. No wonder I'm so dang tired today. You'll be fine, even if it's gross and humid.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, basically it's being treated with antibiotics as if it was Lyme. It's too early to do blood work to confirm or deny.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did a 40 minute cardio session barefoot. That has been a very helpful way of sparing the toe when it has been stressed by a long run.

It was actually a great time to sort a lot of papers and create some order to my place. DC came over and helped me sort my history books twice this week. I find that I need a historian’s outlook for some of my arranging. I would prefer setting it up with library call numbers. Geeky, I know, but I identify with their ordering, especially Library of Congress. 

This morning I will don my jacket and go out to run the trail.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Interview is at 2:30pm so I canceled Pilates to not stress about being late (and to run more miles, lol).  Thanks for the recommendations. I was planning on saying that about learning from different bosses (but no mention of my prior one since apparently, he was not well regarded and now I see why, lol).  I have a team, so I can mimic that experience of working with my paralegal and analyst and helping evaluate them as individuals and giving them work, etc. as similar to supervising, I guess.

Tomorrow is my Friday off, yay!

Liz, the week is endless!

Karen, hope you enjoy OTF today. Smile

HCK, oh, no.  I must have missed it. Hoping it's nothing major.

Judy, enjoy the trail!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!!  Three speedy (for me at least) miles this morning.  Local 5k this weekend, so I was trying to work on pace. DF is going out to sea for a couple of weeks, so I cut my run short so we wouldn't be so scrambled this morning.

Karen--I'm seriously thinking about LA.  I think there is some extra bling if you run both the MS and LA races, and I am already registered for the MS HM (free tech shirt for signing up early Wink.  I forgot you received a free entry. I just need to wait for my work team planning meeting the first week of November to be sure I am not traveling then.

Damaris--GO GET THEM!! Good luck on the interview today.  If you get the position, will you move to Seattle??

Since DF is going to sea, I need to do some serious cleaning while he is out. And sewing--of course!

I need to be productive today!

Kilmisters

Damaris, fingers crossed!

Lizzie, GO CAPS! There is NO way I'm watching the game. The 3am start is awful. Worst possible timing. Haha, you can send me data for visualisation/calculations; you know I love it Big grin Highest mileage is 86k (approx 54mi).

Calm day so far. I have 8km scheduled today; tomorrow's a rest day; Saturday - 2h drive to 12k trail race!! Yay!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Seloc

Gatsby – I first read that you ran forty two easy miles and my eyes bugged outta my head.  Oh wait, that was 4 point 2!  Sorry for the busyness at work.  Sounds like a fun weekend in Tahoe!  How far is that from you?  I’ve never been but have always heard such great things.

Elina – yup, you know me.  No miles last night – beer instead cuz, ya know, that helps make one a better runner.  LOL that’s RIGHT – talk about work being chill is a SURE way to ramp up the nuttiness!  Interesting chart you got there.  And, with this fancy new coach I believe you are going to CRUSH this next half.

Kat – way to get out in that soupy soup yesterday!  I would look like I had just showered in my running gear.  Frustration station on the work stuff.  Girl needs some answers!  Hope you can get it soon.

Karen – dang, nice running this week.  I’d be exhausted, too!  Especially doing it all in that awful weather.

Lisa – I LOVE THE GLASS CITY IDEA!!  I could also be on board with something in Europe but I know that isn’t all that feasible for many.  Where will you be visiting?

Lizzie – awww you ARE loved!!  LOL Hawley and our favorite new friend, Davis!!  OMG still cracking up thinking of you doubled over in laughter unable to speak.  LOLOLOL  Oh man jealous of your booty dropping LOL  GO CAPS!!  Haha I’d ask to be woken up, too!!  I kinda think they are going to lose tonight so they can win at home.

Diane – you’ve never been to a wedding or a funeral?  Small family?  What about friends?  Isn’t DD married?  Okay, sorry, too many questions.  Just unusual, I guess.

HCK – That sounds like a fun workout!  Sorry about the bite.  Smart get on top of it.  Lymes disease is some serious stuff

Damaris – GOOD LUCK TODAY!!  You are going to ROCK this thing!!  I agree with everything Karen said – husband, cats – that’s supervising.  And you for SURE know a good supervisor over a bad.  You got this!!

Judy – sounds like another chilly one if you need a jacket.  Have fun on the trail.

Sue – nice speedy miles.  Dang on having to wait until Nov to plan for Jan.  What happens if you can’t travel for work one week?

6 miles with the speedsters this morning.  6 of us this beautiful morning.  60* and low humidity.  Sorry to those suffering in the heat and humidity!!  Let’s see, nothing else going on.  No plans tonight, tomorrow or the weekend.  Well, except to run, of course haha  This HAS been a long week so very much looking forward to the weekend!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lol Sandy,  Yes small family.  DD got married in CO and wanted to just do her and SIL.  Being ex military I've moved around a lot and never really developed friendships that lasted.  When we settled here in OK the friends I made were all older and already married.  Course now that I'm up in the nowhere land I don't even see those earlier friends I made except rarely.  My only brother has never married.

Lizzie rest days are my favorite days.

Damaris, good luck today.  You'll do wonderful.

I got in 4 yesterday on the TM and did the rower after.  That's getting so much easier.  I'm going up to the gym at lunch and then doing the yoga class after work.

Anonymous Guest

I love my neighbors. I check my group registration list about 30 times a day (which is completely and totally normal, at least according to another group organizer). Anyway, screenshot from the reg list - two of my neighbors signed up last night.

Karen--I'm seriously thinking about LA.  I think there is some extra bling if you run both the MS and LA races, and I am already registered for the MS HM (free tech shirt for signing up early Wink.  I forgot you received a free entry. I just need to wait for my work team planning meeting the first week of November to be sure I am not traveling then.

Oooooh, I hope it works out and you can make it! Would DF.....by then DH come too? You know they have a 5K and quarter marathon the day before if he wanted to walk it.

Gatsby – I first read that you ran forty two easy miles and my eyes bugged outta my head.  Oh wait, that was 4 point 2!  Sorry for the busyness at work.  Sounds like a fun weekend in Tahoe!  How far is that from you?  I’ve never been but have always heard such great things.

You know, considering the runner, forty two easy miles would not necessarily surprise me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

I am all for Glass City.....don't think our finances could take manage Europe or the Caribbean, plus I am thinking of Texas in December too.

upper body with trainer this morning, i'm getting back in the swing of things.  Tomorrow I would like to run and I will have leg day with trainer, but I don't want to overdo, so might skip the run.

Good luck today Damaris!

Hi to everyone.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Last day of school for the kids!  50 min easy yesterday, rest day today.  It was 43 degrees during my run yesterday.  No typo, Karen.    I am switching the schedule around a little because we will be in Chicago this weekend to meet up with some friends.  They are two families that we met while adopting older DD in China.  Fun time in Madison chaperoning the field trip with younger DD.  Though it was raining when I got there and though some rain was predicted, it was supposed to be later and not heavy.  It was pouring!  Luckily I had a small umbrella in the car.  

Lizzie, this week does seem to be going extra slow.  Enjoy the rest day!  Have fun on the double digit run.    We plan to watch the Caps game tonight.  The kids can stay up since they are done with school.  I may WFH or take the day off tomorrow.  Who knows.     Toledo works OK for me.  I like that there is an option for a half, so I can see how my training is going and do a half if I need to.  It may be a good idea to keep the party weekend away from the wedding itself.     DD enjoys most sports, I don't know if there are other options for continuing floor hockey.  She will have soccer camp this month.

Karen, sounds like you need a break!     Don't they notify you through email or something when someone signs up for your group?    What, you don't think Toledo is cool?  

Judy, wow, nice barefoot cardio session!

Damaris, good luck with the interview!

Elina, that is a lot of miles!  My highest training week is 52 miles.  Nice chart!  I suspect most runners charts would look similar.  Well, maybe except for Lizzie, who is amazingly consistent.     DD's floor hockey team made it all the way to the finals but they lost the game.

Sandy, haha, 42 easy miles doesn't seem unreasonable for Margaret.     These low humidity and cool mornings are nice!   Nice speedy miles!  I use a chest strap HR monitor with a Garmin watch.  I considered the wrist based, but the chest strap seemed more accurate when doing intervals and such.  Though I suppose I don't do intervals that often, so combining a chest strap with a wrist-based watch and wearing the strap during intervals would also work.     Elizabeth George's novels are good, if you like old-school type mysteries.  The Inspector Lynley Series is up to about 20 books now.  I started reading them in my 20's.    All her books are big!  The latest one is about 700 pages.

Diane, wow, no other weddings than your own?  You may be lucky that way.    Nice that you are seeing progress on the rower!

Kupcakes, hope the bite is nothing.  I will be running less in training for my next half, and much shorter long runs, so I am interested in what happens.  

Cathy

Kilmisters

Sandy, beer sounds like a good option too Big grin Inspired by you, I grabbed few bottles for this eve Smile At this very moment drinking one branded ''Introvert''. Very fitting.

Cathy, aw, what was the final score in the finals of floor hockey?

8 easy kms this eve. K enjoyed the run (brought her w me in the jogging stroller)! And that's guaranteed peaceful sleep too Smile She's got lots of energy now and tries to attack the cat whenever the poor unsuspecting animal is napping. Usually at 3am or so. Sipping beer now and feeling 0% guilty. Last few weeks have been hectic.

Have a nice eve everyone! Almost Friday!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Elina, the final score was 4-2, but DD said it was actually 4-3.  She said her team scored a goal at the end, when they had 2 pucks on the court at the same time.  The teacher didn't see it go into the goal because he was watching the other puck.  So the other team's goalie kicked it out of the net.    I was there for the first part of the game but I had to leave for a meeting at work so I didn't see the end.  I did see that the other team tried to score a goal while DD was goalie and she had stopped the puck but they kept going after it.  Bunch of cheaters.