Womens Running

WEDNESDAY IS HERE DIVAS (Read 19 times)

OJewel

Hi ladies, post!

OJewel

RR- I did 5 Monday, 4 yesterday, and I have 4 scheduled for today but I may move it to tomorrow. I'm leaving to go to PA this morning. We'll see how I feel after I finish coffee.

NRR- finishing up my q2 presentation today. Having a tough time with he data I am pulling. Presentation is tomorrow at 9:30 am. My group is the last one, everyone else goes today. Then there is a dinner tonight where we are all supposed to bring ideas on improving the company, blah. I'm trying to feel positive but I'm a little stressed out. Just a few more hours of cramming and crunching numbers then I'm done, til next quarter anyway. Vibes tomorrow morning are appreciated! I am not a person who is comfortable with presenting. I'm ok, but I don't like doing it and I always feel it shows.

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

Jewel - good morning! that's great mileage! Are you training for another marathon? Good luck with presentations and traveling to PA!

Meli - those heat runs sound super intense, good luck with them and I hope you find a good way to stay hydrated and keep electrolytes!

RR: Yesterday was easy 3 and today was 6 miles with 3 x 1 mile at tempo with 0.5 mile recovery. Good workout! Plus it was a little cooler and less humid (you'll laugh at this OWR - it was 79F and 88% humidity and that felt amazing). I have an easy 3, and easy 5 and a 12 miler with 6 at RP on the sched for the rest of the week and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to distribute them.

NRR: busy day at work with lots of walking between buildings today. It's gonna be tough on my legs after the workout this morning! Silly Sassy.  Anyway that's pretty much it!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

MA runner girl

Morning.

Jewel - Nice runs! Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you.

RR: 3 miles last night, another 3 tonight.

NRR: Another night of crappy sleep. That's all I'll say about that. Yesterday I was productive after work. I love WAH days! I vacuumed the kitchen/living room area, moved the coffee table so C has more room to roll, made my own baby wipes, and started reading a book on baby led weaning. excited to start giving C food. Though, I have a bit to wait. Tonight the inlaws are coming over and bringing dinner, which is nice. I'm knida glad for C's earlier bedtime so they can't stay too late.

Have a great day.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Sassy - Awesome workout, and mileage! I'm so excited for your first full Smile Well, at least your muscles will not get a chance to tighten up today.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

Klmcdona

Morning ladies!

Jewel- way to go on all of your runs - what race are you training for again? Man, your work does not give you a break! Sounds like you are crazy busy... I hope the presentation and dinner go okay

Sassy- it was much cooler here this morning as well! Sure felt great. Sounds like your workouts are going well. I am in the same situation of trying to figure out when to do all of my runs this week. Five days of running a week is tough to schedule!

MA- sorry you had another rough night of sleep! I have no idea how you are so productiv eand work and run in general, let alone with so little sleep!

RR- I was supposed to get up and run this morning, but I just couldn't do it. My legs were really dead and just did not want to cooperate. I may attempt it again tonight, but may also just take a rest day especially because I have a dinner tonight. Like Sassy, I too am trying to figure out when I am going to fit in all my runs this week.

NRR- I have a work dinner tonight which I am not really looking forward to especially because I still need to pack and get a few things ready for our trip. We leave super early tomorrow which is great because it means we will have more vacation time, but it also means I have no time tomorrow morning to do anything!

gsdrunner

Morning Ladies!

OJ: Save travels. Hope you got the run in... if not maybe tomorrow morning Smile

Sassy: Great job on the workouts! What time are you running them? We are in the 90s with 88% and the dew point is off the charts!

MA: Sorry to hear about the crappy sleep.... I m in the same boat M isn't sleeping well and I am stressed so sleep is becoming a workout for me. We will probably be back up in MA and ME in a week or two. Maybe we can meet up on a weeknight or weekend.

KLM: Have a great vacation! Maybe you can get a 'tummy ache" and get out of the dinner... Smile If not you can always sleep on the plane or in the car Smile

RR: 4.6 yesterday morning. Humidity is killing me so my pace was lacking. Today was supposed to be another run, but with a crappy night I will see if I can run it on the TM or do it tomorrow morning.

NRR: Not much, we are back in VA... its good to be home but we miss ME already. We may head back up shortly (like I told MA). I think its probably a good thing bc I am not sure once DH gets a job we will be able to. I am starting to think once M is out of diapers I will start looking for work and getting M into 2 or 3 days a week of preschool. I am so torn about it, since I really like bringing her up but I really miss work. I have never settled with this dilemma I am continually torn. I know when she fully starts PK or K I will be working. Maybe I can find a work from home thing.... anywhos....

Back to routine for some time and I am glad to have it!!

SassySparky

thanks and so true! Def won't get stiff!  I just freaked myself out because I had a really sore spot in my calf that I noticed a few minutes after I got back. Had myself convinced it was a stress fracture for about 5 minutes. Told big D and he massaged it and found a massive knot and it feels better now. Great job getting the chores done! We did a mix of purees st day care and BLW at home and I'm so happy with how it worked out.  G learned how to feed himself so early aand loves a variety of foods!

Sassy - Awesome workout, and mileage! I'm so excited for your first full Smile Well, at least your muscles will not get a chance to tighten up today.

POrun

Happy Hump day!!!

RR: Running 3 easy tonight with DH. This morning was swimming. First official swim practice for the fall tri season. I guess that means the start of 2 a days!

NRR: My life is like a soap opera right now... I'm done with my class and get 2 weeks off before the next starts at least. I went to a cancer center on Monday, and got a lot of extra info about my thyroid cancer situation. I'm done with cancer treatments, and just have to monitor to make sure nothing tries to regenerate. I have a paralyzed vocal cord and will probably have that for life unless it comes back in the next month some how, so I'd need to do treatments to talk normally, including more surgery... and then they just said I'm pre-diabetic after going through the 3 hour glucose test. I asked what I do for that, and they said, look at the South Beach diet... ugh, I already don't eat gluten and I'm already towards the lower side of my BMI range... I really hope my thyroid issues are the cause of all of this!

OJ:Great job with the running! Good luck with your presentation!

Sassy: Great job on the speed workout!

MA: I hope you get some better sleep tonight!!!

klmc: I hope you have a great vacation!!!

GSD: I'm sure the figuring out whether to work or send M to PK is a tough decision. Any news on DH's situation with work?

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

Klmcd - I'd like to run on M, T, Th, Fri, Sat so that I have at least one weekend day free. Im going to try and transition to that schedule next week. Big D had ultimate frisbee on Saturdays So I was doing my LR on Sunday, but he's done now! Have fun at dinner and good job listening to your legs today!

Morning ladies!

Jewel- way to go on all of your runs - what race are you training for again? Man, your work does not give you a break! Sounds like you are crazy busy... I hope the presentation and dinner go okay

Sassy- it was much cooler here this morning as well! Sure felt great. Sounds like your workouts are going well. I am in the same situation of trying to figure out when to do all of my runs this week. Five days of running a week is tough to schedule!

MA- sorry you had another rough night of sleep! I have no idea how you are so productiv eand work and run in general, let alone with so little sleep!

RR- I was supposed to get up and run this morning, but I just couldn't do it. My legs were really dead and just did not want to cooperate. I may attempt it again tonight, but may also just take a rest day especially because I have a dinner tonight. Like Sassy, I too am trying to figure out when I am going to fit in all my runs this week.

NRR- I have a work dinner tonight which I am not really looking forward to especially because I still need to pack and get a few things ready for our trip. We leave super early tomorrow which is great because it means we will have more vacation time, but it also means I have no time tomorrow morning to do anything!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. My ST session at the gym was awesome! It feels so good to get into the weight room these days. I'm looking forward to when my travel slows down/stops so I can go more regularly.

NRR: Working from home for a bit this morning before I have to go in for two conference calls. Yesterday, the office was a little crazy..one of those days where stuff was going on but I wasn't quite able to get as much work accomplished because of all the distractions. And then the uberengineer was doing his needy/micro-managing stuff. Seriously, dude, if you have work you need me to do, I will do it, but I cant' commit to several days in September when we haven't even sent in the proposal. He's like somebody who wants to get married after the first date or something.

Jewel - Good luck on getting everything finished for your presentation. I dislike presentations, too, in part because I get really nervous in front of people and always speed through everything.

Sassy - If I read that correctly, you're running 5x a week? How is that working out?

MA - So you were productive with your own projects on your WAH day, or with work projects?  HA!  Sometimes I WAH to get other things done around the house, too.

KLM - Safe travels tomorrow!  Are you able to sleep on planes? I can, depending on how tired I am.

GSD - When is your DH expecting to hear definite job offers? Are you all doing a big long vacation thing right now?

SassySparky

OWR - 5x a week is working so far, but I think that's because I have a few short + easy runs (3 miles at super slow pace) instead of a bunch of runs that are 5+ miles. Glad you enjoyed the ST session! Sorry about work! I find it incredibly hard to do writing or reading at work because my boss always always wants to chat about results, old experiments, new experiments, hockey ...

GSD - preschool would probably be really good for M, and I can understand missing work!! I know G loves his day care and his little friends and has learned a lot there already. I have been running between 6:00 and 7:00 (before G wakes up). Any idea on where DH will be working yet?

PO - I'm sorry to hear about the continued health issues! The thyroid hormones do control so many other hormones, like insulin, that I suspect once your levels are stabilized everything else will fall in to place as well. If by South Beach Diet, do they just mean high protein and low on carbs ? Hopefully you can maintain your calorie intake rather than cutting to lose weight. I wonder if a paleo-like diet would help, but with some grains like quinoa and millet and sweet potatoes to support your endurance lifestyle. Also, your activity level is going to help stabilize your blood glucose levels too.

outwestrunner

PO - Sorry to hear about the health drama. I know I don't "know" you, but from what I know of you, I have a hard time believing you're pre-diabetic. As Sassy said, maybe they mean watch your carb intake. ??  Are you going back in for more consultations about that?

monk717

Wow lots of posts already!

RR: Not today...

NRR: Had an uncharacteristic bad night's sleep with P last night. DH and I went up to bed about 9:45 and P started fussing, not really a full blown hungry wake up cry, but I thought it would turn into that because he hadn't eaten great before he went to bed. So I decided to get him up and feed him. Well he wasn't really hungry and then he was just up and would cry every time I put him in the crib even though he fell asleep on me holding him. DH got him up and he was just ready to play. So I figure he was responding to us... great, he's aware we share a room now. He's starting to demand a lot of attention all the time now... we finally after about an hour and a half put him in the crib and left the room and then he went to sleep. So now I guess we really have to be quiet when we go in the room now! So not sure if this is growth spurt related or just his new awareness of the world... either way it stunk especially since he's been waking up a few minutes early every day like clockwork. Not a great amount of sleep for this Mama last night. The plus side I guess is that the last few days we've managed to get out the door earlier.

Anyway, DH is going golfing with a friend tonight so I'll be on my own awhile. I totally want him to do stuff like that and I know I can handle the kids by myself mostly, but that doesn't mean I'm looking forward to it!

jewel: Sorry you are so stressed out. Good luck with the presentation!

sassy: I actually find its better to be on my feet a lot after a hard run because that kinda helps them recover.

MA: Sorry you keep having such rough sleep. Great job on being productive though! I had no intention of doing baby led weaning but my curiosity is growing especially since P really seems to love his rice cereal and get mad when we have him in the high chair but not participating in the meal.

klmc: Good luck getting everything ready for your trip! I understand the more vacation time vs. more time to prepare!

gsd: I was really fascinated seeing on FB about all the stuff you did on your trip. That's cool that you're able to do all that.

PO: Sorry about the vocal cord and pre-diabetic situation. I hope it all gets better without too many problems.

outwest: I hate those days where I can't get anything done because of everything else going on in the office.

LucyBelle

Good morning Happy hump day! Big grin

RR: Ran 3.1 last night. Planning on doing upper body ST tonight, but my plans usually get foiled, so we'll see.

NRR: Busy, busy! 52 days left till the wedding so I'm working my way through a very long to-do list. The last of the invitations went out on Monday, we wrote and finalized the ceremony yesterday, and this weekend is my second dress fitting and going up to the venue again to try to figure out seating configuration and decor. Oh, and, ya know, doing regular work stuff too.

Jewel: I am not a fan of public speaking and presentations either, but I bet you come off a lot better than you think you do. Good vibes for tomorrow!

Sassy: 88% humidity sounds wretched! I agree with MArunner, all the walking today will keep your legs loose!

MArunner: Sorry about the crappy night of sleep. How did you make your own wipes? It sounds very domestic.

KLMC: Hopefully you can duck out of the dinner early tonight. Woohoo for vacation!!! Enjoy the beach!

GSD: When will DH know more about his job situation? Glad you had such a good time in Maine. Work-from-home jobs sound pretty awesome...but seem hard to find!

POrun: Boooo I am sorry to hear about the vocal cord and pre-diabetes. Can you possibly get a 2nd opinion on the pre-diabetes? Or seek someone else out who has a better answer than to look at the South Beach diet? I will be hoping for a miracle vocal cord recovery for you in the next month!

Outwest: LOL on the engineer being overeager.

Monk: Sorry about the crappy night's sleep. I thought P was sleeping in the room with A now?