Womens Running

Tired Tuesday Supermoms (Read 18 times)

runnergirl9508

So sleepy today...

RR: have time for 6-7 miles this morning before my first PT client. Drinking some coffee now, hoping it kicks in soon. Need to order new running shoes as well.

TR: found a balloon on our walk to the park yesterday and carried the rest of the way there, left it under a slide while he played, then carried it the whole way home. Silly boy.

NRR: not too much going on this week- I need to book my hotel for Chicago for the RRCA coaching certification course.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4 miles run/walk, super slow.  My achilles are sore, so I'll rock the capris/compression socks dork look.

RR#2 - here's my race report for anyone who hasn't seen it yet: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=5532404

TR - I have 2 pairs of slippers for wearing around the house, plastic Nike slides that I got in 1997 (1st year university) and fuzzy ugg-like boots.  I've been wearing the uggs since the weather got cold, and yesterday B came into the bathroom while I was showering and swapped out the uggs with the Nikes.  "you wear THESE shoes!" wonder what he has against the boots?

FR - chinese stew, bok choy, noodles.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - just finished 5 and a bit.  foot felt a bit tender, but not too bad.  chiro appt. this morning.

RR#2 - I am glad that skunks have a big white stripe on their bodies.

KR - DD2 woke up crying at 410 - she went back to sleep after a diaper change and a cuddle.  Got up me nice and early for my run.

FR - DH is making me oatmeal and boiled eggs right now, and the coffee is ready - he is awesome!  Smile

Erniegirl

RR - 10k. Last run in these beat up shoes. I need to go get new shoes today.

TR - We had some leftover prime rib for lunch yesterday and she was picking up big pieces and ravenously shaking her head side to side to tear meat off with her teeth. It was both hilarious and creepy. She looked like a zombie baby.

FR - Chicken roasted with peppers and tomatoes

NRR - Mixed up my appointment time yesterday - acupuncture is actually today. Lucky for me, they emailed me a reminder just as I was about to leave the house, so I didn't go there for nothing. Trying to convince DH to take S to library program while I'm at my appointment. He took her once before and came home 15 minutes later saying he was the only father there and she wouldn't sit still so he was embarrassed.

~~~~

rg - Hope that coffee kicked in. Coffee is magical, I don't know how some people give it up!. So funny that R put the balloon aside and brought it home again. When do you go to Chicago?

zorbs - Did you run early enough to keep your dorky outfit hidden by darkness? Joking I'm amazed that you still have slippers from university! I guess plastic is indestructible.

eh - Yikes! Was it a near miss with a skunk? I always panic when I smell skunk while running - I think one is about to charge at me spraying, even though the smell usually just means one is lying nearby as roadkill. Yum, nice breakfast made by DH! I should make some oatmeal today. i don't think I've had any since last winter.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 12k scheduled, maybe some sort of tempo or RP work or maybe easy.  My lower back is sore, like something in my piriformis or psoas is pulling on it.  Hopefully after I get going it warms up and feels better.  I'll foam roll after.

TR - more sweetness and brattiness last night.  On the way home from the dayhome we were listening to kids music and the song 'skin-a-marinki-dink, I love you' was on, she happily declared, 'I love you just like the song mommy!'  Awww... And then at bedtime she was kicking me... Grrr. Smile

BR - feeling more herself.  Will happily stand at the couch if I put my iPhone on the couch, otherwise she has no interest in standing, this kid might be challenging runningproffessora's son for late walking.

FR - perogies and sausage

Need coffee.......

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Hope the coffee kicked in and you had a good run! M looooooves balloons!

zorbs - hope your achilles feels better soon.  I rocked the compression sock/capri look at my trail race, which is now my fb pic, pretty hawt.  Great RR.

r-eh - glad your foot is getting better!  Eeek to the skunks, we have a lot in our neighborhood, but they are seldom seen.  Mmmm to your breakfast!

ernie - M loves to eat meat off the bone, she always seems like some cave-toddler when she does.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Yesterday was SRD. Planning on 5 after work, woke up to snow this morning.

TR: Doing really good with PT, but keeps getting into trouble for biting. Miss J  said he's one of the worst biters she's had in a long time, because there's no warning, he just chomps when he gets mad. I had to have a talk with DH because he play bites R when they wrassle. I'm really diggin the big boy bed so far (knock on wood), because I don't have to listen to him yowl and fake cry in the morning, he just comes in our room and asks for hugs and to lay on our pillows.

FR: last night was teriyaki chicken, unsure about tonight- maybe swedish meatballs? Maybe leftovers.

NRR: Bossman is ahead of schedule and will be back tomorrow. Couldn't find my GD snow brush for my car this morning, must have gotten misplaced during the move. Luckily I started my car 15 minutes before we left so the windows thawed. Its going to be a nightmare getting my new tires put on tomorrow, because now everyone and their mother will be taking their car down to the tire store to get snow tires on since the first snow hit.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl-  R loves balloons too.  I hate to say it, but I feel really good since the time change. Daylight savings time is hard on me and I'm always happy to see it end.

zorbs- R is always trying to tell me what shoes to wear, usually when I'm already wearing shoes. He's very opinionated about his shoe choice too- between ones I bought (snow boots, keen tennies) and a couple pairs of handmedowns I found in a bag, he's got 4 pairs right now. Of course the boots and the big clonky white adidas sneakers are his favs.

Eh- ugh, we have skunks here but I have never run past one. I have only seen rattlesnakes and bunnies. There are tons of coyotes out by the new house. They are really skittish and I've never heard of them hurting people around here.

ernie- R is 2+ years old and I have a hard time getting him to bite off pieces of food! S is tapping into her cavewoman side Smile

CA- R didn't walk until 16.5 mos. He would cruise the couch/ottoman or walk with his toy but WOULD NOT attempt standing on his own. If you tried to make him do it, he'd do noodle legs until you gave up. When he finally decided that walking was something he wanted to do. He stood up and walked across the entire room very daintily- I got screwed out of drunken baby stumbles.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - at 14 mos, O isn't even pulling herself to standing.  She'll stand if I pull her up - but only if there's something interesting, like my phone.  She gets onto her knees all the time but not both feet.  We had to book our old golf in for a service before we sold it and it took forever to get it in because everyone was putting winter tires on.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I forget the timeline, but R didn't pull to stand for a long time either, it might have been 15 mos or something. He didn't crawl until his birthday.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - good to know... I'm not really worried, but it would be nice for her to one day be able to move her own self places... good thing she's light! Smile

runnergirl9508

zorbs- hope the recovery run felt good today. great job on your RR and congrats again on the PR! lol on B wanting you to wear the nikes. all I can think of is the picture I saw online of Uggs with the caption, "Brace yourselves, ugly-ass moon boot season is coming."

reh- glad the foot is feeling better today! yikes on the skunk. glad you were able to avoid it. ugh on the early wakeup, but good that she went back to sleep. yay for DH making breakfast!

Ernie- I desperately need new shoes too. payday for DH is Thursday, so i'll be placing my order as soon as that money hits the bank! what kind of shoes are you getting this time? ha- DH needs to experience the wildness of S in places other than at home, Wink Yes, coffee is pure magic. I will be in Chicago Nov 15-17.

CA-have a great run today hope the back loosens up! aww, sweet on the love yous. lol on O standing only for the phone. yes, I needed a boatload of coffee today... run was good, I felt slow and out of breath the first mile, but once I got through that I was good.

spike- eek on the snow! hope you can get your run in later today. uh oh on the biting- hope you guys can find a solution soon. I didn't realize you had switched R to a bed. did/do you have problems with him trying to get out during nap time? That's my only worry about switching from the crib to the bed is how to keep him contained until he falls asleep. He can open his bedroom door. I've actually felt like I've caught up on some sleep since the time change- even though i'm going to bed earlier!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- We took the side off his crib and put the toddler rail on. R thinks its totally awesome to be able to get in and out of his bed on his own. A couple nights ago he got out of bed a few times after we put him down, so we gave him one more warning and said if he didn't stay in bed, we would put up the baby gate. He got up, gate went up. He sniveled for a few minutes but fell asleep. He views his bedroom door being closed as a harsh punishment, so we only do that as a last resort.  He walks to his bedroom and gets into bed on his own at both nap time and bed time, its going pretty swimmingly so far (knock on wood).  Last night he came out of his room around 10 pm and wanted to snuggle for a few minutes, then nodded when I asked him if he was ready to go back to his bed.

runnergirl9508

Spike- thanks! We've always kept Rs door open for nap and bedtime, and I don't want him to get scared if we close it. We have the toddler side rail, so we will probably do like you did and just take the one side of the crib off.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- we have to spend a bunch of money on furniture soon, but we don't really want to spend the money on R's bedroom yet, so he will stay in his baby furniture for a while, we'll switch him maybe when he's 3 or if we need it for another kid.