Womens Running

Nutella Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 24 times)

It's National Nutella Day according to Yahoo.com. I still have yet to try the stuff other than in a dessert.  Not mainlineing it.

Bucketlist-tough for me. I'm not a goal setter in that regard.  I get having them but for me it would serve as a list of what I don't have.  It's just tough to get my mind around making such a "list". I think I'm a bit off in that regard though.  Lots of things that I'd love to do but hard to put one at the top.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning Lisa.  I don't eat Nutella so you all can have my share.

No bucket list for me.  I don't see the need.  SRD for me.  I do take them from time ro time  Haha.

Marjorie

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

G'morning all!

Nutella, huh?  I like the stuff, but the name sounds a little bit like Cruella's slightly neurotic baby sister.  :0

Didn't quite make my 4 mile goal yesterday (I think).  My Garmin decided to be persnickety, so I'm not sure exactly how long I ran... but, I it was a run.   I'm considering running again today, unless I muster up the umph to get to the gym and do some strength work.

Carol - Humpty is only slightly cracked today.  oh, wait... that's me on a normal day.

Karen - there's very little of about you that I consider "wimpy."  You'll do great in the race... even if it is one of those dang character building ones!

Sue - Thank you!   And oooh... California.  I can only image some beautiful runs in California!

Lisa - "Luge run" you made me laugh out loud!

Marjorie - eewww.  I don't like early flights.   I hope it goes well!

Tessa - I think Sue would have to worry most about YOUR axe, since hers would never make it past TSA for the flight.

Ginny - I forget - do you live in or near NY?  I seem to have you connected to Buffalo in some way (in my head)

Camille - HAHA!  "Geezer Jock."   Well.... let me tell you.  There were plenty of geezers around, but the most exercise they were getting was climbing in and out a golf cart.    And I am SOOOO happy she's coming back!

I'm very sorry to hear about your Uncle - Hugs to you!

Lisa KQ - so sorry to hear about the Dental issue.  My mom struggled with her teeth, though she was fastidious in her oral hygiene.  So, I get it. I hope that the implants are a possibility for you.

Damaris - Nice 10.  I agree on seeing life change through death.  I don't think we ever get "used" to it, although it happens with increasing frequency as we age.

I need to find a "sooner" race that my next one.  The next thing I have my docket is the Hero Rush on May 18th.  That's a long way to go without an adrenaline rush... haha!

After reading Karen's post, I just realized that I am the "RD" for my agencies TUFF eNUFF run.  whoa.  That's heavy.  HEY.... what are y'all doing on the 4th of July?? haha

Have a great day.

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I did 50 minutes of cardio DVD. Some of my energy is returning slowly.
          This old girl is getting really tired of being sick but is feeling perkier this morning. Big grin I plan some more cardio DVD work today and will run at the track tomorrow.
          Tomorrow will be back to work day.
          Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Last day in the office before I head out to sunny AZ. Funny, the high temps while we're there are only supposed to be around 60 each day, and the highs here I think are supposed to be 40s and 50s. Anyway, looks perfect for my 50K on Saturday and DH's bike race on Sunday. I'll be in meetings Friday and Monday, so less worried about weather those days.

The bucket list thing - I always have a list of goals to accomplish. Some are bigger than others, some may not stay on the list, but I always need goals to work towards. I've learned that I am much happier with a plan. Right now my big down-the-road pie-in-the-sky goals are a 100 miler, a marathon in all 50 states (I think I have 10 and will be knocking out another 5-7 this year) and if I can ever get this swimming thing down, an Ironman (we'll be living right where they do Ironman Texas, so I plan to start some major tri training once we move). Shorter term goals are to finish this silly Mt. Mitchell thing, a 3:35-ish marathon, the JFK 50 miler and tentatively a trip to Europe next summer, mainly France during the Tour and some time in Italy. And maybe a 24-hour race (I like the looks of the one in Cleveland but the timing hasn't yet been right, plus my free lodging - aunt and uncle - moved, of all places, to the Villages in FL). Just came across one called the Equalizer in Iowa that is tempting me, especially if I could convince my sister and her kids to come crew for me.

My cousin was diagnosed last summer with ALS. It hit fast and hard, but instead of feeling sorry for themselves, his daughters started this thing called the Bucket List Project. My cousin just turned 50, so it made them realize that life is short and we should enjoy it now, not wait until later. The sent out bracelets that the youngest (in college) made for donations, which they then used to help their parents do some things on their Bucket List and also to donate to an ALS charity. The started a facebook page where they post when people cross things off their bucket list. I wear my bracelet all the time now and it reminds me to enjoy life and strive for things bigger than I think I can do. And to go after things now, not wait around until I have more time. And to step outside my comfort zone on occasion. And as my cousin is also a Mitchell, I will be wearing the bracelet for the Mt. Mitchell Challenge.

Well that went on longer than anticipated! Better get some work done - back later for personals.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ugh!  Hurt my shoulder swimming last night.  Skipped power hour class since I can barely get my clothes on.....Went for a run instead.  It sucked, turned back to the house at the two mile mark.  Not my day.  Shoulder popped as I was getting dressed, maybe that was what it needed.  A little better, took some ibuprofen and will try to give it a rest today.  ;(

Judy--hope you are feeling better.

I can't buy Nutella.  Bought it once, ate the entire jar in a weekend.  I have no control.  Can't bring it in the house.....

Have a great day!

ginnyb

Good morning,

At least the sun is shining this morning!  Still have no inclination to go running or use the TM...I will, but not today.  Karen, would you lend me some of your enthusiasm????

Julie....I grew up just south of Buffalo, live in northern Ohio now.

I have never tried Nutella...probably best that I don't.

Judy...good that you are feeling a little better..take care of yourself.

Sue...sorry about the shoulder, hope the popping helped!

I don't have a bucket list and I can't even think of anything right now, I will ponder for a little while.

Happy runs for everyone!!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Linda

Good Morning Ladies:

Here is my Race Report.  I put it in the racing section.

Disney was so tiring, but fun, of course.

Lisa:  I have never eaten Nutella, either.  Today won't be the day.

I didn't read the thread about a bucket list, but I don't think I have one.  I do have specific running goals and places I'd like to travel.

Karen:  I love your list.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Anonymous Guest

Hey, this is a running forum, and I forgot to mention running! Last night was speed work - 2 mile warm up, then 4x1200 with 400 recoveries, then a 1 mile cool down. I ran the 1200s at 8.2 on the TM, which is a little slower than I can do outside, but any faster on the TM and I feel out of control and about to fly off the back. Recoveries were at 6.2.

Set the alarm this morning thinking I'd do an easy run before work, then take Thursday and Friday off (travel day and meetings day) as a sort of taper for the 50K Saturday. Woke up and I could feel my legs throbbing from last night's run. So I slept another hour instead. May run a few after work, but a good chance it will be another rest day.

Now off to read Linda's race report...

Linda

Lisa (Knit Queen)  I'm so sorry about your teeth.  The 49ers put up a good fight!

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa KQ so sorry on the tooth

Judy more healing forum vibes to you

Karen I have no doubt that you will 100% conquer this swim thing.  There is a 24 hour race in Tn and one in GA too

Julie so nice you are getting a RB back.

Ginny so sorry your weather is still off.

Linda great pic

Sue sorry on the shoulder.

Dh eats Nutella but has control to not eat the whole jar.  Just isn't my thing though.  Another hour before my connecting flight leaves.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Today was a tempo run for me. 2 mile warmup, then 5 fast miles at 8:54, 8:36, 8:43, 8:47, and 8:42, then a 1 mile cooldown. Now I need a nap! Roll eyes

I don't have a bucket list, but one thing I would like to do at some point in my life is learn to play the piano. Mmmm, Nutella. I love it, but I am able to eat it in reasonable quantities.

LisaKQ - ouch, sorry about the teeth. I have terrible teeth too and fear I will be facing a root canal soon.

Julie - great RR for the Warrior Dash. And yay that RB is moving back!

Judy - glad you are feeling better.

Crazysue - ouch on the shoulder; I hope if feels better quickly.

Ginny - hang in there, spring is right around the corner!

Linda - great pic of the kids! I need to go back and read your RR.

Karen - what a great story about your cousin's family and the way they have chosen to deal with such a debilitating illness. Enjoy your trip - can't wait to hear about the race.

Lisa - your cold-weather running tips made both me and DH laugh.

Marjorie - safe travels.

My antivirus software is going nuts - it has blocked things 4 times just while I've been sitting here typing this up. I had the same issue on my work laptop yesterday. I have no idea where it's coming from. Off to restart and see if that does the trick. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Hi, girls.  Work has been busy lately, bah.  My 10 last night went great.  9 with strides tonight.

Lisa, I don't like Nutella, *duck*.  I don't keep a bucket list either.  I would just get frustrated about not meeting some of my bucket items.

Marjorie, hiya!  Enjoy the rest.  Wait, you rest?

Julie, sorry about the somewhat shorter than 4 run.  What races are you looking at and what distances?

judy, hope you perk up some more.  have a nice cardio workout.

Karen, enjoy AZ and I hope the day goes by fast!

Crazysue, I hope the shoulder gets better soon.

Linda, nice picture.  I'll read the RR when I get home from work!

Ginny, hope you feel like running soon!

Cindy, nice tempo run.

Off to work some more, bah!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

So, boss comes in and says "I'm leaving around 3. I have some running around to do before flying out tomorrow." That says I can leave around 3:30, no? Because it's 45 and sunny out, and I'd truly like to get some running around done - like maybe 6 miles! Plus the 50K I had signed up for in Maryland this weekend has packet pickup tonight. The premium is a Brooks running vest. I used to be one of those "if I don't run the race, I'm not using the premium" kind of people, but I got over that. I might as well get something for my money. The RD said the vest retails for $60 and I signed up the first weekend for $45 (regular sign up was $70 I think), so not a bad deal even though I'm missing the race.

Ginny, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to back off or take a break from running every so often. So try not to feel guilty if you miss a run or two.

Linda, loved your RR! And love the picture from Disney!

Julie, so glad your RB is moving back.

crazysue, hope the shoulder is doing better.

Judy, get better! Glad you're starting to perk up some.

Nice tempo run Cindy. Playing the piano is a great goal. My older brother and sister both took piano lessons, didn't practice and quit, so my mom didn't want to spend money on me. I asked and asked and she finally let me take them in high school. I may have been the oldest one at the recitals which was a little embarrassing, but I'm so glad I finally got to learn.

Marjorie, hope you've gotten to where you are supposed to be by now. What is this rest day of which you speak??

Damaris, hope tonight's run goes as well or better than last nights.

And the boss just told me there was no reason for me to stick around if I had everything done that I needed to do. So with that, I'm packing up my computer and my files and going home. Kind of glad I slept in instead of running on the TM this morning - outdoors this afternoon will be so much more pleasant.

karen

Bikerchick1

Finally time for a quck post.  Crazy that I don't like Nutella.......I am glad....don't need anything else to like that is creamy and smooth LOL...do love Peanut Butter tho.  Speaking of food......Wed weigh in for me:  Am down a grand, sorry, total of 2 #'s for four weeks....Disapprove  my own fault - I have been watching it, but a few too many snacks....DH, just got back from Florida (he stayed with family after Disney) and said he needs to get rid of a few #'s gained on vacation...so I am going to buckle down AGAIN....

Had a wonderful 4 mile run this am....beautiful sunshiine, the snow was just sparkling!  Am swimming tonight.

Still thinking of bucket list items....

Karen AG - enjoy your afternoon run!

Damaris - 10 last night and 9 tonight ....great job!

Linda - Loved your RR and pictures!  What ride were you on at Disney?  Fun!

Marjorie - enjoy your rest day!  glad you take an occasional one Wink

Judy - glad you are perking up!

LisaMMR - I "get" your thought on bucket list thoughts...to me i equate that to more "dreaming" of what I would like to do/visit etc...but dreams are good right?

Crazysue - Boo on the shoulder!  Hope it is feeling better!

Cindy - Great job on the tempo runs!

Ginny - Enjoy the sun!  We are getting some too, until the 6-10 inches of snow gets here tomorrow Sad

Carol