Womens Running

Wednesday Blew In (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Just heard the snow plow.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was a fun 50 minute run on the track. Coach joined me for part of it.

Winter is back with vigor this morning. I will possibly come directly home after work and do cardio.

I heard a snow plow.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Judy,  you'll only have about 4 more weeks of winter. Right?  I can tell our days are longer. My lentin roses and daffodils have bloomed with this last heat wave, but may get killed tonight when winter returns. They are hardy, but it'll be cold for here, about 20.

Ginny, congrats on winning that entry!  I looked at the site and it looks like a great race! Do you actually run by the falls? That might be a good race for everyone to go to this fall.

Sue, congrats on the race. I'm sorry you didn't hit your goal, but I doubt I'll ever see that time again, so I think it's great!

Karen, I was sure you must have other races planned.  I'm living vicariously thru the group's races-I miss races.  Good luck on that duathon!  I have no doubt that you do it well!  I can't wait to hear if you beat your targeted competitors.

Lisa, I've been blowing all my limited exercise on junk lately.  My sweet tooth is out of control for some reason-it's never been this bad. At least you exercised though.

Marjorie, good luck with your work problem. It's smart that he's checking with the state if it's a scope of practice issue.

Laura and Cindy, I haven't seen  a post in several days.    Hope you're just busy with the kids.

Hi to everyone else!

PT for me today and I think it'll be the last one. I've got the exercises down and think I'll  just have to live with a little hip achiness. It's much better than when I started. . Now if I can just be smart and not make it flare up again, I can live with it.  Unfortunately, being smart about stuff like this hasn't always been my forte

Good Morning!  Stormy morning here.  Almost skipped group power class.  Reset the alarm for 40 more minutes then decided to just get my butt to class.  Got two blocks from the house and remembered I had reset the timer.  Turned around to go home and turn it off.  Still made it to class on time.

Damaris--glad you feel good enough to bike.  I'm sure the doc told you not to do too much too soon?  Wink

Karen-- QR Dulce is on my list.  Got my tax refund today.   Won't cover the full price, but I think I am just going to do it and get it over with.

Have a great day!

ginnyb

We had more snow this morning...yay.

Did not run or anything else either, but I may when I get home tonight.

Camille...the Might Niagara Half that I am running in September does not go by the Falls, but follows the Niagara River, the Falls are above where the race is held.  Niagara International Marathon and Half also follows the Niagara and ends at the Falls, that Half is entirely in Canada, but the full begins in Buffalo N.Y.   I have run that one too and it is beautiful.  If I don't get my butt in gear, I won't be doing any races!

Judy...I am tired of hearing the snow plow!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Snowy morning, but looks like the sun is about to come out and it should all be gone by the time I get off work. Which is good, since I have a 12 mile medium-long run on the schedule tonight. Which I don't want to do. This morning the roads were covered with snow and I was driving out of the neighborhood at about 25 mph (speed limit is 30, and did I mention, the roads were covered with snow). Some idiot speeds around me in a corner. I'm pretty sure he was one of the cars in a pileup I passed a couple miles outside of our neighborhood.

I am trying to get ready for my two committee meetings in our offices next week. I can do complex spreadsheets and calculations, write and edit pages and pages of documents, but when it comes to all these little details, like making table tents and making sure we have food and coffee and soda, making sure the guard desk at the front of the building has an attendee list......yikes. I'm a nervous wreck.

Camille, thanks. And you are right, days are getting longer. It's now not completely dark when I leave at 6:30 in the morning, and I don't need my headlights when I drive home at 5 p.m. Glad the PT seems to have worked for the hip.

Susan, keep us posted on the bike shopping. I hate it when I do stuff like that. I tend to forget to turn off the alarm when I go out of town, so it goes off at 6 a.m. and DH can't figure out how to turn it off.

Morning Judy and Ginny. And everyone yet to come. I should stop procrastinating and figure out how to print out these stupid tent cards. I figure if I can do at least one stupid task a day, I should get to the meeting okay.

kare

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. As much as I wanted to run my legs posterior hip were sore yesterday. I decided not to push it.

Camille glad last day of PT

Ginny sorry for more snow!

Karen just rain here but a lot colder than it was yesterday

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Did 5.4 yesterday with RN (running neighbour) and then 4 more to go to the post office. Check for online class arrived, woo hoo!

There is a not very large storm approaching and from the weather forecasters' fuss you'd think the polar vortex had swerved west and was heading for Los Angeles. I suppose being a weather forecaster is an awfully boring job in our area, but still, the drama is unbelievable.

4 miles this morning in the beginning of a light drizzle. I then went the gym at lunch today, I haven't had a TM workout since last Wednesday due to WFH and various work commitments. 7.38 in 65 minutes. Much better.

Good meeting with the hospice nurse yesterday. Our regular nurse is sick so a different one came, one who's been nursing for 40 years and has seen it all, and she had some good suggestions for managing DH's agitation and discomfort. We are using the Ativan more and she ordered some cream that delivers it through the skin rather than having to give DH oral meds. I don't think he had more than 8 ounces of fluid yesterday total, milk, water, and tea, and he had one mouthful of solid food and choked and gagged it up. Nurse said DH's progression is not unusual with stubborn old men -- and heaven knows he meets THAT description! -- rather than a gradual steady decline they sometimes keep fighting and go on longer than expected and then suddenly hit a wall and go downhill fast, it's like they fight for ages and then finally give up. I hope that's the case and honestly, for DH's sake as well as mine and DS's, I hope he can find peace soon. This isn't life. It's a miserable existence.