Womens Running

National Lost Sock Memorial Day WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

The dryer eats them.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me. 4 of those were tempo.

Great run!! I got lost in this one. The podcast I was listening to was pretty awesome (they were talking about bailing people out of jail and listeners were calling in about what they got arrested for) so this run went by pretty fast. Those tempo miles though..I was in the 8:30's! The first mile I was around 9:20...but the other 3 were pretty consistent at 8:30. NICE. I am giving credit to the awesome weather - 49!!!!

Hopefully today is a little busier so I am not twiddling my thumbs over here. I did finish my next training plan for Twin Cities and Richmond. Whew, its going to be challenging Smile I have to go to Walmart at some point today. My coffee machine keeps leaking. Thought I was overfilling it but nope. I need my coffee in the morning so this is a priority. LOL.

Kilmisters – Oh MAN I hate shopping trips like that!! I feel like its hit or miss..you either find a bunch of stuff or you find nothing. BLAH.

Docket – AWESOME news!!!!! WOOHOO. I am jelly.

Margaret – Awe, how sweet that you and your friend reconnected. That’s fun Smile Ah, I understand your lack of motivation! Must be mine too..just my job is crappy Smile If its any consolation…I would never guess you are going to be 5-0 Smile

Have a great day everyone!

Kilmisters

Damaris, that's great news!

Margaret, is the crapy case a long-term project or something you will get rid of soon?

Lizzie, coffee IS an absolute priority. That goes w/o saying. And cake. And beer. Depends on time of the day.

Frustrating morning. Dealt with it w cake and Coke. As the saying goes - drowning/sinking the anger in fat/calories (sounds a lot better in Latvian).  (Now I feel bloated and that's not good news for the run work-home Big grin). The big monthly meeting is next Tuesday and everyone needs everything. But when I ask for agenda a week or so in advance to have time to prepare (for the exact talking points, not all the pending objects - which is impossible) - lots of ''uhm'' ''maybe'' ''will try''. Well, then, I will MAYBE prepare what you need. End of rant.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 5 miles and OTF (just checked the class for today and it looks different so I just registered).

Liz, nice run.

Elina, yeah, you tell 'em.  How can you prepare if they don't know what the meeting is going to be about/organized as.  Sheesh, have them get their shit together while you eat the cake and Coke.

I ate carbs this morning (the McDs kind).  My headache has dissipated, which means I was too low on carbs this week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Going to the podiatrist this afternoon to see when I can run again. Also, I want to know when I can actually wear my running shoes without pain. Right now the toes are too bruised. :roll:  I'm in sandals and they are not good for walking much.
            Our parks have a set of short hikes that anyone, even disabled, can enjoy. I hope to do one of those after the doctor visit today. 
            Happy runs, All! :hug:

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Gatsby – awww sorry about the crappy case.  I get that way having to do things for crappy customers!  That’s awesome you had such a lovely lunch meet up!  Those long term friends are the BEST.  I was out with one of those on Friday.  We don’t get to see each other often because of schedules but when we do it’s like no time at all has passed.  Yes, 50 sounds REALLY old.  My mom had three kids at my age – 22, 21 and 20.  I don’t even have someone to make a kid!  And I DEFINITELY don’t have my shit together.  Still trying to figure out what I wanna me when I grow up!!

Damaris – HOORAY!!  So happy for your alternate work schedule.  Sounds pretty awesome!!  Hey, we fuel similarly with the Gu.  I need to mix it up with espresso, caramel macchiato, salted watermelon and berry.

Lizzie – LOL on going naked to Mother’s Day.  Go for it!  Haha  Aww, crap, well if there isn’t pizza at the finish, I know a good place to get some!!  Well, I call it “hairball season” LOL Kat would know better.  But it seems like he sheds more in spring/summer which means he is grooming and eating more fur which then he hacks up.  Gross, I know.  Don’t worry, he will be banned from your room LOL

Lizzie/Karen – I looked at the course map again yesterday and had forgotten how many turns there are!  So be sure to run the tangents!  I even watched the video (it’s 15min long) and confirmed the big trees in town – so not the entire course but a good chunk – which means there will be opportunity for shade.  There are plenty open areas, too, which may get warm.  Hopefully there is enough of a variety to keep it interesting.  I’m just happy it’s not a point to point like Wobegon was for me last year and the sun beating down the ENTIRE way.  Whew!  Getting excited!!

Karen – I’m with Lizzie – you ARE good at this stuff!  And look at you stepping out of your comfort zone – high five to THAT.  Awww you are sweet about the birthday cake Gu.  But, I actually stopped at the LRS after work yesterday.  I had shoes to donate anyway.  Plus, I’d like to try it before race day.  I also picked up S’mores.  Both are non-caffeine which is good because my other flavors have caffeine (I do feel like there’s a boost) but too much can wreck a bit of havoc on the belly haha  Even this iron gullet.

Elina – thanks for the info on the history of Latvia!  I had seen an informational message from the US consulate about the activity which is why I asked.  Glad your meeting went well!  Good luck with the shopping.  I DESPISE shopping!  Haha  No doubt you will kill that presentation next week!  Sorry for the frustrations today.  But, wait, you drink Coke with cake?  Ooof, I’d have to go with coffee myself.  Sounds like great fuel for the run home, though!

Cathy – okay, you and Gatsby and Karen are all brave throwing out your age like that.  I don’t like people to know!  LOL my fastest RB is in that age group, too!  She’s 51!  Oh my on the mesh shirt.  I would have said something to that person for SURE.  No one has attempted that here though smelly guy keeps threatening to wear cut off jean shorts.  I keep telling him that NOBODY wants to see that!!

Lizzie2 – gonna have to start calling you Fast Lizzie!  Woohoo on that RUN!!  Eeeps on the coffee maker dying.  Mine just died this weekend!  Luckily I had prepared and had one in the closet from when I *thought* it was dying a number of months ago and I brought it back to life haha  So, never fear next week!  New coffee maker is working great for my guests!

Judy – ouch on the bruised toes.  Enjoy the hike!

Did a CrossFit type work out with my ex-CF buddy/RB.  She loves putting one together and has a good number of things at her house.  So we were out in her driveway doing jump rope, kettle bell swings, pushups, burpees, etc.  Then running up and down her street.  Gets the heart rate going for sure!  I had originally planned to bike there/back but it rained overnight and the streets were still pretty wet.  Plus it was dark and I didn’t want to have to dodge cars.  Planning to shuffle at least 5 in the morning.

Getting organized for my guests!  You have no idea how excited I am since I never have guests!  Also looking at multiple race predictors to try to figure out a goal time for Fargo.  *eye roll* haha  And beginning to stalk weather.

Howdy! Core this morning.

DF is such a MAN! He was told he was allergic to penicillin as a child, so he has decided he is not allergic and wanted to be tested.  He bought the penicillin last week and had an allergist appt for testing this morning. He was SO sick Monday he stayed home. I told him to call allergist and tell them he was sick and to reschedule bc he can't take antihistamines before his testing. No.  He waited. He felt crappy yesterday and slept in the recliner. Drives over to allergy clinic. He's too sick for testing. Duh! Told you so!!! They gave him a steroid shot and antihistamines.  Told you so!!!  Ok, that is out of my system now. 

Diane--I am right there with you. Why are "dressy" flip flops a thing???

Damaris--I missed something---are you moving to Seattle???

Have a great day!!

Anonymous Guest

I'm off to the running shoe store to meet with the owner and see what he will do for us this coming season, then a stop at Costco since I'll be in the area. I had planned on doing speedwork (mile repeats, ouch) this morning before going, but I woke up tired and achey and I just didn't want to. I've read that speedwork less than 10 days before the marathon is really too close to get a benefit, and today is 10 days out, so executive decision, no more speedwork! Instead I'm going to do an interval workout on the bike this afternoon.

Yes, 50 sounds REALLY old.

Back later for more, just wanted to say HEY!!!!! Watch it there, young lady.

Signed,

50-year-old not REALLY old lady

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

45 min of elliptical intervals today.  It's good for my foot, so I may continue to do that for awhile before I attempt to run 2 days in a row.    Or attempt any speedwork!  Also did a bike ride with the kids to the playground last night.  I am loving the new bike, can't wait to do a longer ride!  Oh, Diana told me that she was asked to return her 3rd place AG pottery award!  Apparently they wanted to give her the 2nd place award!    I guess the 2nd place winner never picked up her pottery.  The RD seemed a little suspicious and was going to review race photos.  Diana has done some post marathon runs and her hip is feeling good.

Lizzie, I never lose my socks but the kids... OMG!  Unbelievable number of unmatched socks.    Awesome tempo!  I was thinking that I would be happy to run that as my 5K speed.    I think you could give credit to working hard and being in great shape!   I'm just kind of winging it right now, going by how my foot feels.  I have a longer term plan that is constantly being updated.     Are you continuing McMillan for your next marathon cycle?

Elina, sorry about the work frustrations.  Sounds justified though!

Damaris, congrats on the new work schedule!  Have fun at OTF.  

Judy, hope you get good news from the podiatrist.

Sandy, haha, I don't feel that old.    But as Karen says, we are not the typical 50 year olds!  Yeah, there are several fasties in the 50-55 AG.  One that can outright win the entire race.  I will have to pick my races strategically.    Sounds like a fun workout for you this morning!  Did you see the video of the woman that broke the world record for "burpees"?  She is not really doing burpees.    I am jealous, you are going to have a blast for Fargo!

Sue, men!  Glad you got that out of your system!

Karen, you have been so busy lately!  And you are accomplishing a lot for the running group.  You rock!

Margaret, nice that you reconnected with your friend!

Cathy

Seloc

Cathy - I had not heard about that woman setting the burpee world record so I looked it up.  You are right - those are NOT burpees!  No way she would have gotten in probably even half of what she did if she would have stood all the way up and jumped!  Great job on the elliptical!  Sounds awfully boring to me but if it is good for your foot then SMART to keep it up!!  Yeah, I guess I don't necessarily FEEL old I just have this little voice say "you are freaking fifty FIFTY"  Gah!  I feel like I should be further along in life or something.  Awwww, I wish you could join us at Fargo!!

Karen - LOL  oops!  You are a YOUNG fifty!!  Now quit eavesdropping on my public message board convos ya hear?    Good luck with all those errands.  And good call on the no more speedwork!  There's this pretty awesome coach I kinda know on a message board that says "better to be under run than over run"  

I think I caught the "I don't feel like working" bug.  I have things to do but, nothing urgent.  Tim Horton's just opened so I bought some Timbits for these characters.  I had the birthday cake flavor.  Yum!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, my old WASHING machine seriously ate my socks.  They would slip through and get caught in the drain.  TWICE.  This meant repairman out - $$$$.  Replaced that puppy.  Walmart, ugh.  But understand the need for coffee.

Elina, sorry for the frustrating day.

Damaris, sometimes those are the best carbs....

Judy, best to you with the podiatrist.

Sandy, I'm there with you on 50.  I am sure some of our counterparts who do seem like they have everything together at that age might secretly be jealous of our freedom.  I am actively fighting 50 - tattoos, purple hair, and most recently glitter eyeliner stuff.  Sounds super tacky, kinda is, but I actually get lots of compliments strangely enough.  Wish I was going to Fargo.

Sue, men are stubborn beasts.

Karen, enjoy your bike work.

Cathy, how nice for Diana!  Glad you are enjoying the bike!  I have one and don't like it.  Biking seems like work!

Margaret, yay on the car.  It is getting close!  I am planning on only doing a carry on and siting in the bar still in the terminal.  Figured there are better bars there than in the general area.  I will look though.  I will pace myself...  4 hours though.  Ugh.  They moved my flight up a bit so I have even longer.

Had a 45 minute conference call about things, mostly benefits.  As long as we stay through the end of our schedule (July 2nd), we will get SIX weeks of severance pay.  Bet your sweet bippy I am staying.  They are putting us in contact with this company called THRIVE.  Full service low cost place.  Not one in San Antonio, so if things were promising, it would mean relocating to Austin potentially.  Not the worst, but not the best.  EVENTUALLY they are supposed to come here, but who knows when.

Work was DEAD yesterday - and you wonder why they are closing...  Only a few of the support staff know the full extent of what is happening, feel for the remainder of the ladies who are in the dark.  They better get their act together and inform people before the rumor mill takes hold.

Well, guess it is getting time to get ready.  Happy Wednesday all.

k

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Damaris, McD carbs are the best!

Sandy, yes, Coke w cake, the ultimate pre-race fuel Big grin At least the feeling of guilt after that ''lunch'' was so high that skipping the run was not an option.

Sue, I agree w Cathy -- men!! Nothing more to be said!

Cathy, gosh, you Americans w birthday cake flavor everywhere Big grin

Kat, judging from your comments, not surprised the spot is closing... Good to hear the severance pay is reasonable.

10k work-home in 70 degrees. Might not sound too much of a heat, but big struggle for this Nordic person here... Will take a while to get used to it. My body was in full ''wtf'' mode the whole way. Made a stop at the local beer place (1k from home) to grab 4 beers for the eve and a bottle of water Big grin The guy offered me cold water from the fridge, to which I answered I don't want trouble w ice-cold water during such warm run. His face looked 100% like ''oh, so buying 4 beers midrun is fine, but God forbid you take a sip of cold water?'' Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ugh, so irritated with my doctor. I called to get a prescription called in to my pharmacy..when I went to pick it up - it was not only $30 but it was something I could have gotten over the counter for $10. I thought they were going to give me a pill to take...WTF. I of course did not realize what it was until I got in the car. I should have looked in the bag before I paid for it (won't make that mistake again)!! Can't return prescriptions. Ugh. Money is tight with vacations coming up.

I want to go home. Still no motivation today. Maybe I am in early vacation mode.

Kilmisters – Ugh, sorry about your frustrating morning. I hate when people wait until the last minute!!! You can’t depend on anyone these days. Pass the cake please! Nice hot run! Laughing at your beer pickup Smile Doesn’t surprise me!

Docket – Have a good workout this evening! Hmm..interesting about the headache. I get random ones sometimes maybe it means I am lacking carbs!

Judy – Good luck at the doctors today!

Sandy – Holy crap, nice workout this morning! That’s pretty sweet that she puts together a workout like that. Its like a free boot camp class Smile You don’t need to get organizedfor us silly. And I don’t mind having the cat come in my room! LOL. You just might hear a “WHAT THE F***” hahaha. If smelly guy wears cutoff jean shorts I am going to need a photo. LOL. I am getting so excited for Fargo..and now that the weather forecast is looking better……AHHHH. I don’t really want it to rain..but if the temps are going to be like what I saw today, then I don’t care.

Susan – I don’t get men sometimes. They really enjoy learning the hardway.

Karen – You ran a marathon not to long ago..do you not remember? LOL. No speedwork for you!!! I think I also have read that, too. I think my plan has it the last couple weeks just to keep the mind from going crazy Smile I always say if I don’t feel like doing it, I won’t. Oh hey, I checked the Fargo forecast today and it dropped to cloudy, 66/46 chance of rain. INSERT HEART EMOJI. LOL.

Cathy – 45 minutes of elliptical..you are a strong woman. LOL. Awesome about the bike! And awesome for Diana! Glad she is feeling good, too. Am I in great shape? I don’t know. LOL. Thanks for the compliment! Prepping for a race is hard work. Getting out of bed at 2:30am is really hard work haha. I feel like plans always get “updated” Smile YES..I am going to continue McMillan. I have had such good luck with it (thanks to you! Smile ). I extended a lot of the interval workouts and increased the mileage for almost every week except cut weeks. Going to try and get in 4ea 60+ mile weeks. I also wanted to challenge myself so that is why I increased the intervals. I am going to hate myself because I will be training a lot in July/August. I wish you were coming with us to Fargo!!!

Wolrd record for burpees and she didn’t jump? Isn’t that what makes it a burpee?!

Kathryn – OMG I wonder if that is where my socks are going! I wish you were going to Fargo, too! Wow, 6 weeks of severance pay is good! Not everyone knows?!?!? Wow!

Have a good night ladies!

LC Runs

Okay...so I posted this in yesterday's thread!  All of the responses are for Tuesday LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.6 this morning and 3 yesterday morning.  Weather has been perfection!

Work is 'eh' - my nurse is supposed to start next week so I am crossing fingers she shows up and it works out!

Hi Elina - yes, heat and humidity can be so miserable to run in.  We had 50 degrees this am, perfect!

Lizzie - great run!  That sucks about the ear buds, my kids go through those like candy!

Judy - nice walk,hope the foot is better soon!

Damaris - interesting about the possible job!!

Sue - hope BF feels better.  Yeah for babysitting!!

Diane - glad you aren't sore.  Hope your horse is better soon!

Hi Kat - have a good day!

Sandy - nice 7.5!

Cathy (and Sandy) - 50 is good for me so far!

Karen - I am so glad to be back out in the mornings, definitely necessary once it gets hot!  Glad things with the running group are going well!

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Laura and everyone...I'm not sore just feel blah...seems to be going around.

I'm pissed at DH.  He goes by the vet's office and could pick up the tranq and the antibiotics I need to doctor Jacob.  He said he had a massage last night so I texted him to pick them up tonight on the way home so I could work on the horse.  Well idiot shows up at 630 and tells me he was off a day on when the massage is...it's tonight.  So the dumbass could have gotten the stuff yesterday and I could have done it then.  So this morning I went to the vet out of my way, and got what I need.  He's like "are you mad at me?"  No but obviously I have to be the one to get what I need myself.  Vent over.

Oh and I'll be 55 in Dec so 50 is no big deal if I can do 50ks (well most of them) at my decrepit age.