Womens Running

Hello TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Take me back to the Minnesota air.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

TURD day running wise for me. Heading to Body Pump after work.

Went out for a run this morning - decided to go outside since the thunderstorms they were calling for didn't happen - took one loop around my culdesac and came right back! Legs aren't ready. Hamstrings are still pretty tight. I need another rest day! I remember this from my last marathon..I needed 3 days instead of 2. No worries..will try and get out there tomorrow!

My next training plan starts in 5 weeks. Hmm..thought I had longer than that (its a 15 week plan). I want a nice solid base going into it..so would like to get 15-20 miles this week and around 25-30 for next week and slowly build from there. The plan starts me at 45 mpw. I always worry about losing fitness.

As for FL..I don't care. I don't care if it rains every damn day..just being away with HCBF will be nice. I was having a bad day yesterday. Especially after I realized I forgot ONE SHOE at the lakehouse!! Sorry Sandy!!!

Kathryn – We are leaving Friday night and going into Ft Lauderdale. Hoping this storm stays in the Gulf!! That is great news on the job front!!!

Run4kupcakes – OMG..how awful! I am guessing the shooter was still on the loose?

Tessa – Oh wow! Didn’t know they were so prominent in CA! Be careful! Had to laugh about the restroom stop. LOL. Ew!! Nice job on the miles!

Margaret – Have a great run today. Are you excited about this weekend?! WOOHOO!!

I started to comb through some emails last night..and I got one from Security asking me to call them regarding a "spaghetti structure". W.T.F. I am interested to see what that is about!

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I grew up about 100 miles north of Lauderdale...in fact when I did my open water SCUBA certification it was in the bay there in Ft. Lauderdale.  Just up the coast from Miami too.  In the summer months when I lived there every day at 3 pm we'd get showers move in from the ocean.  We'd put up our surfboards and head in to the beach town to get pizza or subs for lunch, wait 30 min and the showers were over.  I miss the beach.

Oh and Tessa is correct mt lions have a bunch of different names...in FL they were panthers but much smaller than the ones out west.  Supposedly we have them here in OK too but I've not seen one, I have seen a bobcat once both here and when I lived in FL.

R4k, a 16 year old allegedly did that to the officer...WTF is wrong with kids these days.  So sad for her.

I have 2 on the plan today and think I'll go up to the gym at lunch and do it.  If they offer the yoga class tonight I want to go.  If not I'll go up and use the rower at home after work.

Anonymous Guest

I'm taking another rest day as well. I feel much better than yesterday, but I think another day off will serve me well. My next race is TCM (except for an 8K here end of June which will be hot and miserable and slow, so I'm not really counting that) or possibly Tupelo, but both right now are slated to be long runs for Brazos Bend. Today I am emailing the RD to get my volunteer credit code (you have to tell him which race you want to use it for and then he sets it up for you) for half off and then I'm going to sign up. The idea of running 100 miles is still something I can't believe I'm ready or able to do, but if I'm going to try I should start training in June. How is it possibly June NEXT WEEK already?

My big exciting news is that my patio furniture is being delivered today between 11 and 3. I gave the old stuff to a neighbor - hopefully the new stuff fits okay under the covered patio since it's bigger than the old stuff and I didn't really measure, just estimated.

HCK, what a scary and awful reason to cause you to miss your run!

Margaret, Lizzie's cougar comments went right over my head, so thanks for pointing them out. I went back and read and laughed and laughed.

Liz, as I was reading last night I was thinking that even if it rains, just getting away and spending time with HCBF will be good for your soul. You need the time away from work - beach time would be awesome, but even rainy afternoons will be okay. They've started talking about that storm on the weather here now but it sounds like they still don't know where it's going to go. You guys are gonna miss Ruger though!

Diane, good luck getting to the gym and getting to yoga.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Gatsby – LOL at cougars.  So super pumped for you guys this weekend!!

Tessa – awwww I LOVE that you are keeping one of the kitties!  Nice job on the evening run!  You don’t get to do that like hardly ever.

HCK – yikes.  So super sad about the police officer killing.

Kat – that’s great news about the potential new job!  Oh, I think you asked a few days ago…  I have a cat sitter come in and check on Leo.  She’s the daughter of a woman I occasionally run with.  20 something, just out of college and loves animals.  I pay her pretty well so she’s always willing.  And, Leo likes her.

Lizzie – rough day for you yesterday – sorry, friend.  Yikes on the FL weather but you are right – time away with your boo is really all that matters.  Shoot, sorry the flights you want are not the cheaper ones for TCM!  You know you can stay as long as you like – especially if it means cheaper flights!  It does seem weird that we ran a marathon on Saturday – it’s like you forget or something.  I got up from the couch yesterday and though “oh yeah, I guess I just ran a marathon” haha  Echoing Karen – girl you worked your tiny little tail off this training cycle.  You SO deserve time away.  Especially from the Mammel.  Soak up every last second of that vacation – rain or no rain – got it??

Elina – sorry you can’t go to the meeting but sounds like a smart choice.  Hey, how’s mini-K doing?  What are her new tricks?  Yeah, I guess “blew his knee” sounds graphic.  He won’t know for sure until his MRI but most likely torn ACL.  That will require surgery and about 6mo of rehab.  Laughing at your raccoon eyes haha

Karen – finally finished Sourdough.  That was a weird one.  But, I am LOVING Behind Closed Doors!  Halfway already.  That dude is a nut job.  WOOHOO on new patio furniture!  I’m going to have to visit just so I can see it.  But not until winter.  Haha  Dude, you are one tough cookie with some serious determination.  You want to run 100mi there is NO DOUBT you can do it!  Awwww – sweet and very good thoughts to Lizzie.

Diane – good luck with the 2 and possible yoga.

HIIT class for me this morning.  The next 5/6 weeks will be Tuesday HIIT since our TRX/Bells instructor is teaching.  Got there sorta late so had to be middle front!  GASP!  One of the first exercises was frog squat/goblet squat (whatever you want to call it) – third world squat (you’ll have to figure that one out) haha.  I thought “oh hellzzz no I won’t be able to get down and get back up”.  But, it actually wasn’t that bad and felt really good to stretch everything out.  With weights, of course.  Fast friend already asked if I was running tomorrow “Yes, but not with you!”  haha.  Gramma has to start with a slower than normal shuffle.  Will shoot for tomorrow unless it’s storming.

Track was okay last night.  I worked the long jump.  Kids and coaches were adorable and great.  They sent a younger gramma to help me – basically just hold the end of the tape for measuring.  Well she was unbelievably annoying.  She had no idea what the event was (no big deal) but then wanted to tell me what to do.  Blah.  Just one more meet and that’s it.

My sister got to town last night to be with her boy.  They have appointments today for his knee.  Will be fun to see her!  Happy Tuesday!!

Kilmisters

Lizzie, CAPS!! I am so, so happy there will be game7. WSH-VGK final would be awesome. Spaghetti structure, huh... Something messy with, uhm, NO structure? Smile Glad you'll get to spend time w HCBF! Weather won't matter for sure Smile

Karen, totally agree w ''how is it almost June already'' shock!

Sandy, miniK's latest trips involve throwing stuff to draw attention, trying to catch the cat by slow crawling and similar fun activities Big grin The ''I want peace not hearing you or anyone else now'' face has been practiced to perfection. Big grin Guess where she learned it... Wow.. hoping it's not ACL...

It's finally raining! Yay! Might or might not run this eve. Got only 3hrs of sleep...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

5 miles this morning with a couple of hill sprints thrown in.  45 and drizzly, it felt good.  I thought of you, Lizzie!     I am reading the book Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham (she is the actress that was in Gilmore Girls and Parenthood).  She's actually quite funny.  She wrote a chapter about being single late in life, and had this quote: "But life doesn't often spell things out for you or give you what you want exactly when you want it, otherwise it wouldn't be called life, it would be called vending machine."  I read that to DD this morning, she got a kick out of it.  

Lizzie, I hope the weather clears up in Florida for you!  Regardless, it is always nice to get away from work.  Even if you're sitting around at home.  Still better than work!    Anyway, I am sure that you and HCBF will find things to do to entertain yourselves.  Haha.    Don't worry about losing fitness.  You need to give yourself a break!  Remember, I used to take a week off after a goal race.    You have a solid base.  Mmm, spaghetti.    Well, I will target Lakefront next year.  There's always something special about your hometown race and running a route you are familiar with.  Comforting.  I bet you feel the same way about Richmond!

Diane, sounds like a nice place to grow up!  How did you end up in OK?  

Karen, you seem to do well in those hot, miserable races!    One of my RB's is also tackling her first 100 miler this year.  I am excited for you!  It sounds like you have a good plan going forward.  I'll put that book on my list!  I have quite a few that are in line right now.    That is some pretty exciting news.  New furniture is always exciting.  

Sandy, glad the HIIT went well!  That is awesome that you are recovering well.  Ouch, I hope your nephew is OK and that it is not too serious.  I am with you on the movie prices.  Especially with 4 of us.  It costs a small fortune!  If they didn't have $5 Tuesday movies here then we wouldn't see a lot of them!  

Good night, Margaret.  

Tessa, glad you got a run in!  Ugh on the bathroom.  I try to avoid public restrooms at all costs!  Glad the kitties are doing well!  You are keeping Jupiter?

Kupcakes, really sad about the police officer.  Our friend's son became a police officer a few years ago. They are always so worried about him.

Elina, sounds like very bad timing for that floorball meeting.  Don't feel guilty!

Kat, I hope the job opportunity works out for you!

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

I've kind of been procrastinating on following up with the girl I asked to coach the group with me (not the guy I'm hoping will coach the walking group, one of my half marathoners from last year). Mostly because I was afraid she'd decided she didn't want to - with 2 small kids and a full-time job I'm amazed she's able to find time to run at all. But I talked to her this morning and she's in. We're going to meet for coffee next week and talk about it. I told her she can decide how involved she wants to be - I'm willing to do all the work if she can be in charge the three weekends I have races planned, but I asked her because I think she'd really enjoy it and get a lot out of it, so I hope she'll do more. She said she had been thinking about it and wants to do it, so yay. Now if I can just get the walking group coach sorted. I've even considered if I can find another running coach, I'll do the walking group. God knows I'll be walking a lot in my 100 miler, and I can do longer runs during the week since I don't work.

Sandy, I told you Behind Closed Doors was one that was hard to put down! I was worried you wouldn't believe me after Sourdough . I can't believe you went to HIIT class this morning! My big accomplishment was actually going up and down the stairs to put my luggage away. And then getting annoyed with myself because I needed to bring down toilet paper and I forgot, so at some point i have to go up there again.

Elina, ~80% done with the half plan. I have it starting next week so I need to finish it! Once I get it done and send it, take a look and ask me any questions. We can always modify it if something doesn't work for you.

Cathy, I had that book checked out from the library awhile back, but I had a bunch of others checked out and didn't get to it in time. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll have to go back and get it again. I recently read This Is Me (by Kate from This Is Us0 based on Sandy's rec, it was good. Nice on the 5 with hill sprints!

It's 11:01. Furniture could be here at any time!!!

Kilmisters

Cathy, nice vending machine quote! Reminds me of the ''you might be capable of everything, but it's not always needed to reach all you want''.

Karen, THANK YOU! This comes at the perfect moment! I totally need something that would keep me motivated. At the moment I have only weekly minimum mileage (50k) and LR goal. Everything else during the week is chaos Big grin

Decided to take a rest day. 3hrs of sleep and long day at work.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy that's kind of a long story but the short of it is the military and a job.

Sandy nice you could do your TRX after the marathon...badass you!

Karen pics are required of the patio furniture.  Nice you got some coaching help.  Walking in ultras is a time honored tradition. 

Elina rest days are wonderful.  Last week was the first time I had done 5 days a week of training so my 2 rest days were awesome.

ginnyb

Karen...you definitely need another rest day.  Yay on the patio furniture.  We bought a 55" Tv this weekend and it was so exciting!  Our other one was like 30", what a difference!  I watch way too much TV.  Karen is the author of Behind Closed Doors, Elizabeth Haynes?  Just wondered, I am working and that is the book I found, there are several by the same title, different authors.

Still not working out, but tentative workout with trainer tomorrow morning.  I am so afraid of hurting something again, but I have to take the step, I feel like a slug.  I will return, I know I will, can't keep me down too long.  I feel like I am starting over from the beginning.

Liz...glad you took another day too, you rarely listen to your body and run anyway!  I know Florida would be much better in the sunshine, but enjoy anyway, it is still vacation.

Sandy...have fun with sister, sorry about nephew's knee though.  Sorry the gramma was annoying.

Kat...hope the job pans out.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Docket_Rocket

OMG, no time to post lately.  We had partial power failure by 7pm last night.  That means that I had no kitchen, no AC, no water heater, but hey, the bedroom had lights and we had internet and cable. Sigh.  FPL fixed it at 5:30am, so at least they saved me from a cold shower this morning.

I have 4 and weights tonight.  Let me try to do some shoutouts on my next post.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Liz, sorry to say it should rain every day, May through November being rainy season.  But there should be periods of sun, except we have a possible tropical depression coming.  At least it won't be hot (mid 80-90s only).  So, there is that!

Diane, if Liz sees a panther in Ft. Lauderdale, I would freak out.

Karen, that is exciting news.  I will be the odd woman out and not RD today, because I need a run, lol.

Sandy, nice job on the class.

Elina, yay for rain!

Cathy, nice 5.

Ginny, hiya!

OK, now I feel better.  Will read yesterday's thread to read about all the adventures for our other marathoners this weekend!  Congrats again, ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris I'm sure she'll see some cougars tho...lol.

Ginny my back still hurts from time to time.  I'm considering getting an MRI to rule out any disc damage but really don't want to pay the part my insurance doesn't cover.