Womens Running

Hump Day Supermoms (Read 15 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning~

RR: an hr of bootcamp followed by a 3-4 mile run. There's some snow forecasted, hopefully it holds off until later.

TR: seemed to be on the mend at dinner time- actually ate some food! keeping my fingers crossed that he's better today.

NRR: not too much going on- we tend to stick close to home in Jan/Feb. DH finished puttying the living room last night, and will start sanding tonight. Primer and paint this weekend! Still have to decide on a color, ha.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym.  I think I'll haul in a KB from the car just in case the resolutionists have hogged everything.

TR - called the school, kindergarten registration packages are available.

FR - tofu, noodles, veggies.  Gotta buy the tofu, it was one of the things I put back at the store the other night.

NRR - I am totally obsessed with this song, "Let It Go" from Frozen - I haven't listened to any other song for about 4 days now and the sheet music literally just came out yesterday, I bought it on digital download last night but unfortunately can't play it until later since B was already asleep.

~~~~~~~~

rg - my living room is a pale yellow, I tried to copy a picture I saw in a magazine but after I did it, I instantly hated it.  Yellow is one of my least favourite colours, what the hell posessed me to paint my living room that colour?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.  YAWN!

RR:  Spin class tonight.  Am hoping for a quick 5k before hand so tomorrow can be a rest day.  We will see though.

BR:  Is making more sounds now.  Slept in the car seat again part of the night....whatever works.

TR:  Is there a such thing as sleep regression for almost 3 year olds?  Was up last night from 2:30-4:45.  Sucked for me because DH wasn't home.

NRR:  I am over the snow, and not sleeping.  Such a roller coaster we are on.

FR:  DH made BBQ Chicken pizza for me for dinner last night then took J out with a buddy of his for pizza.  At least I got dinner.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ST'ing at lunch, and 8k tonight w/ RP.

RR2 - tonight is the route reveal event for my marathon, going to that, meeting the other ambassadors, then running with RP, and maybe a larger group, depending on how social we feel and what they are running.  Some of them are slower than we are, and I'm ok with running my easy run slow, but don't want it to be painfully slow.

TR - was so completely exhausted last night she could hardly function.  Just wept through everything.  DH is so slow at her bedtime routine, I'd have had her in bed in less than 10 minutes but he lets her watch videos, etc, and it just drags out.

BR - awake a couple times, once around midnight and once when I was up getting ready for work.  I went in and gave her some snuggles, not sure what up, teeth maybe?

FR - no idea, maybe a drive through on the way home tonight.  DH is in charge of the girls.

NRR - our black lab was sick last night, it was scary he was really lethargic, he did improve a bit over the evening, hopefully tonight he can keep some food down, or we'll be taking him to the vet.  He's getting up there in age, and DH is so attached to him, I fear the day we lose him, DH is going to be a mess.  I'll be sad too but DH... he loves this dog.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

ER - ST. I have a blood blister on my hand from chopping all that ice off the driveway yesterday that I'm going to have to tape up.

TR - Was her usual rambunctious self at library yesterday but then came home and put herself down for a nap without any lunch. She woke up with a fever and didn't want to do anything all evening - just kept lying on the floor. I gave her some Advil and put her to bed early. She seems totally fine this morning, so I don't know what was going on yesterday.

FR - Oven fried chicken, roasted fingerling potatoes and brussels sprouts

NRR - I'm leaving S at home with DH this morning and going out to run errands alone. Have to get an oil change and then buy printer ink, a baby shower gift and some gels so I can actually start fueling my long runs.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Hope you can get all  your workouts in before the snow hits!  I really hope R is better today, this has been a drawn out illness!!

zorbs - none of the resolutionists at my gym would have a clue what to do with a KB, all the 5 lb weights are in high demand though.

mer - at least he's sleeping!  Weird on the toddler regression - M was up on Monday night when she was at MIL's but I always figure that's bc she's not used to the envionment.

ernie - hope the blister feels better, that's some serious ice chopping!  Weird on the random illness for S, whatever makes them tired and go to bed early though Wink  Have fun doing errands alone!

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  3.5 on my Sbux route.  Feel like poo so I kept it short.  Lots of walking.

TR:  Wants to go swimming today but said he's tired, he needs a nap first.  Score!  Mom needs a nap too.

NRR:  up to my eyeballs in work.  I am glad that this is a long weekend and we are going away.  Family trip to Williamsburg.  Date anniversary too so only appropriate to visit the scene where DH proposed Smile

FR:  Taco night.

Speech therapy day so I won't be back until late.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

CA:  Our black lab was sick last night too and DH was freaking out.  He's 9 years old and our first baby.  If something happens to him it will be devastating.

moxieluvah

RG - I love how a fresh coat of paint can totally improve a room, don't be afraid to do a bold color!

zorbs - first time I have heard that song, but i like it!

mer - we have been having sleep problems at our house too, so annoying! i have come to the conclusion that toddlers just like to be aholes sometimes. there were times with A that she slept in the car seat in the crib, one time i went to check on her and she was no longer in the car seat, she was like a baby houdini.

CA - i hope your dog is ok, it is so hard to lose a pet. I still get sad when I think about moxie or when DD brings it up. DD gets really weepy when she isn't getting enough sleep.

ernie - DH has the worst blood blister that won't go away, it is disgusting. enjoy running errands alone!

becky - revisiting the proposal spot is an awesome idea!  tacos sound good, maybe we will have that too!

------

RR - 6 before school = brr I am done with winter

TR - would not stop crying at bedtime last night. normally he cries for less than 5 minutes but it was so long that we had to get him up to see what was wrong, he said he was sad Sad gave him some meds in case something was wrong and he finally went to sleep

KR - need to get her back in gymnastics class, she needs something to do that is just for her

NRR - my mom picks up the kids from the sitter on wednesdays and feeds them supper at her house, so nice to have a little break!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Our cat is getting up there in years too (born Sept. 2005).  She's the first pet I've had besides a couple fish and I know I'll flip out when she goes.

mer - don't you have periods of crappy sleep? I'm sure toddlers do too.

CA - there are male resolutionists at the gym too, and they tend to lift too heavy with horrible form.  Wait, isn't that no different than usual?!  The KB belongs to me, not the gym, but sometimes people like to steal it if I leave it unattended on the gym floor for 2 min (bathroom break) because they think they're KB experts from reading Shape magazine and watching TBL.

ernie - I bought gummy bears for run fuel and I bought extra because I thought if you weren't going to get your own I'd bring some for you.

becky - whenever B tells me he needs a nap is at the most inopportune times, like 15 min before he goes to daycare.

moxie - wednesdays B is at daycare full day and right now (the break between gym job and piano) I totally cherish, I get to shower in peace and eat lunch and nap in peace..bliss!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - yeah, our lab is 10... he's got arthritis in one of his feet and we give him glucosomine for it, we upped his dose bc it was worse, but maybe too far, we're hoping it's that simple.

moxie - we just started M in swimming, it's so hard when working to have them in something, but so good for them too.  YAY for a night without kids!!

zorbs - I always forget about the men bc my gym is women only.  You would laugh at how BAD the trainers are though, there is one that I've seen training people that I'd consider using if I ever wanted a trainer, the rest are horrible, and many are overweight.

runninmer

rg - Glad R seems to be on the mend.  I was surprised to hear that you are feeling movement...how far along are you again?  I felt like I was closer to 20 weeks when I felt the boys...but could be wrong...probably am.

zorbs - Glad I reminded you about the packets.  I printed my stuff off yesterday.  No, I don't randomly wake up crying and not fall asleep for over an hour.  I may wake a lot, but never stay up that long.  Glad the $1.00 in your checkbook covered the digital download.

CAR - Our dog is 7, we can tell in some things that he is getting old.  Him and DH are total buddies and I dread the day we have to deal with that.

ernie - Enjoy your solo time.  I have to get an oil change too, I'm almost 1,000 miles over, but just can't seem to find the time....gotta make that a priority.

becky - Your weekend sounds nice.  It always makes the week a little better when there is something to look forward to!

moxie - Did you get lots of snow last night?  It was a weird storm we got.  I like your theory.  J picked a great night given that DH wasn't home and I dealt with both kids wake ups.  I'm a little tired today to say the least.  What are your thoughts about the Brewers mini in the fall, or Summerfest Rock and Sole?  I think it would be a blast to do the Madison run and have a family weekend!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - a girl I worked with at the women's only gym couldn't do a single pushup.  My current co-workers are pretty bad ass in the exercise dept, although at least 1 of them smokes like a chimney.

mer - I used DH's credit card to buy the sheet music and paid him back this morning when I got paid.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Planning on running 3-4 m with EMRP tonight. Hopefully her DH will babysit.

TR:  R: "Mommy, a girl?"  Me: "Yes, mommy is a girl."  R: "Mommy's My girl!" and a big hug. So sweet. Since we moved into the new house and have elongated toilet bowls he is peeing all over the toilet and making a mess.

FR: Last night was a random thrown together casserole because DH kept shooting down my dinner ideas, so I told him to look around the kitchen and find something acceptable. He handed me a can of green beans and a can of mushroom soup, so I browned up turkey and combined the cans with a package of hasbrowns and some cheese. Pretty good.

NRR: DH assembled the furniture I ordered online, looks just like what I want but I think he thinks they are too chinzy. Sorry, not buying investment pieces when we have a toddler.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

zorbs- hope you had a good ST workout today! wow, kindergarten already?! it doesn't seem possible that he's old enough. mmm, tofu. i'll have to make some baked tofu this weekend! LOL, both DH and I hate the color yellow too. when we lived in the apartment, our kitchen was yellow. after 3 years of staring at those ugly walls we went out and bought a pretty blueish gray paint. the landlady didn't care that we painted, as long as we painted it white before we left.

mer- have fun at spin class tonight! glad H is sleeping for you at night. Oh no on J's sleep regression! I hope it was just a passing thing. Ugh on the snow. I know it's your DH's livelihood, but I can see how you'd be sick of it! Nice of him to make you dinner before he went out. I felt R move around 16 weeks, and I actually started feeling this one at 14 weeks. It flipped on me, and caught me by surprise! I was 16 weeks yesterday.

CA- Have great workouts today! sounds like a really fun RR night. I'm so excited for your ambassador opportunity! sorry about the emotional night with M. Hope O is back to sleeping. Oh no- I hope the dog is ok!

Ernie- yikes on the blood blister! enjoy your ST today. oh no on S's fever- glad she's better today. I don't understand all the random fevers and short sickness kids can get! I LOVE running errands by myself. it's so much easier to not have to get a toddler in/out of the carseat/cart, etc. Plus I can actually take my time and browse the store.

Becky- have you tried the new caramel flan flavor at sbux? just curious how it is. I hope you're feeling better soon! Aww, how sweet to visit the proposal place! have a great weekend away.

moxie- ha, I'm over winter too. actually just the snow/icy roads. I don't mind the cooler temps, but I want to be able to run without fear of slipping and falling. Oh no on the crying at bedtime! my nephew is in gymnastics the stuff he can do at age 4 is crazy!

spike- have a good run tonight! awww, how sweet with you being R's girl! these boys are so snuggly and sweet. eww on the toilet mess. ha, I meal plan for a week at a time and grocery shop based on my plan. if DH doesn't like what's for dinner, he usually will still eat a small amount, then have a snack later. +1 on not buying really expensive furniture with toddlers! we've talked about new LR furniture after we're done reno'ing the LR, and definitely won't be going with our long-term stuff!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- DH was in charge of R last night while I worked on stuff for the FD banquet. Yeah, DH took R to visit a friend and his wife asked if R could have a piece of candy. DH said yes but didn't expand on it, and she gave him M&Ms and a Reese's PB cup. Luckily, DH got the PB cup away from him before he had gotten much other than the chocolate. R didn't have a visible reaction, so maybe that means he's grown out of his allergy or is less sensitive now? DH felt horrible.

Runnergirl- I'm not looking forward to painting walls in my house. Everything is beige right now, so I know we will need to add color over time.

zorbs- I painted the kitchen in my old house yellow. It turned out ok but I got sick of it quickly.

Mer- I'm tired too, DH gets whiny if I go to bed "early" ie- 10 pm, so I've stayed up too late and gotten up too early the past couple days. Mmmm pizza.

CA- have fun at your marathon thingy tonight. My ILs are really attached to their dog, and she has started having crazy seizures, so they are all bummed out. The dog is like 12 or 13.

Ernie- Ugh people keep giving R sweets and ruining his dinner. He has been really screamy and saying he wants candy all the time

Becky- I guess DH and I are jerks since we aren't horribly attached to our dog lol

moxie- sometimes I think about not even eating dinner because I'm too tired. I usually try to keep some leftovers in the fridge for R that way he can eat at 6 or so when he's hungry, then DH and I eat after he goes to bed and I'm not rushed to cook for the kiddo.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07