Womens Running

Polar vortex returns Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5 miles.  Running straight uphill for 2.5 miles from my house and back down.  Everyone else in the skirt brigade is injured/busy today, which is too bad because this would suck a lot less with company.  After considering all my options, this is actually the least sucky.  I drove the route last night and the sidewalks appear to be relatively clear.  Currently temps of -18C and windchill of -29C.

TR - might go tour a preschool today.  Yeah we're laaaaaaaate to the preschool game.

FR - veggie beef soup.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  4 or 5 on the TM after work today.  I need to get out of work asap so I can run and get home.

RR#2:  I think the worst part about Lulu is that they are always coming out with new patterns.  I *just* ordered a pair of shorts, and now I want another pair.  Ugh.

BR:  No ear infection.  Not the best night last night, but I feel like I am used to it.  He is grabbing at things more and more which is cool.

TR:  Got to go to work with dad last night.  He may drive me nuts, but sometimes I just want to snuggle him and keep him like this forever.

NRR:  Just another day.  We are having my parents up on Saturday for a family dinner to celebrate their 40th Wedding Anniversary.  Need to order dessert and figure out if we will do balloons or anything.  I want it to be special for them.  Not many couples make it this far.

FR:  Burgers and sweet potato tots last night.  Yum.

zorbs - What will you do when B goes to school on a more full-time basis?

moxie - Just so you know....I spent FIFTEEN minutes last night organizing papers for a project.  AND....I was at work until 4:30.  Pretty sure I am better than you are!  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ST'ing at lunch, then 400's tonight at the track with RP.

TR - was awake at 9pm tearing around her room, I was almost in bed before she was asleep.  I bet she's tired today.

BR - was sad when gma picked M up to go swimming, she was also sad the other day when DH took M to the store and left her with me.  She wants to be in on everything that M does.

FR - we still have leftover beef soup and tacos, so I guess we eat those until they are gone.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

RR - 8k + ST. Currently -33C with the windchill. But, hey, it's sunny.

TR - Had a blast swimming yesterday and we stayed in the pool for over an hour. After I put her to bed last night, she kept claiming she had to poo, so there was an hour of back and forth to the toilet and me sitting beside the toilet reading her potty book to her over and over. I forced myself to be patient because she kept grabbing her bum and had a big belly, so I thought she really did have to go an wasn't just stalling. And, lo and behold, she eventually pooped on the toilet. Yay! Library program this morning.

FR - Butter chicken, basmati rice, salad

NRR - Our furnace is still working, but is making terrible "Fix me now" sounds. The company that makes the furnace charges $90 just to come look at it plus whatever the repairs cost. You know you live in a small town when your DH says "We're not paying those guys. Young Gordie is furnace guy. I'll just ask him to come over and take a look".

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

RR: a brisk 5.5 miles this morning. Icy in spots, but I felt good. Need to do planks later.

TR: so cute now when I talk about the baby. He comes over and pats my stomach and waves hi. It will be interesting to see his reaction once I actually have a bump and he can feel the kicks!

NRR: slept good last night. OB appt now- just normal monthly checkup

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - are you putting him in preschool for a bit before JK?  He's just about to turn 4, doesn't seem late for preschool to me, I plan on putting M in next fall.

mer - which shorts did you order?  They do have a lot of cute running shorts!  YUM Burgers, we haven't had burgers in ages, I might have to put them into the rotation.

ernie - way to go S, pooping on the potty!!!  LOL at the furnace guy... we need a new furnace, it's not urgent but it's something we should do before it dies when it's -30 out.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - M was very cute when I had a big stomach, it was fun!  YAY for a good sleep!!!

moxieluvah

zorbs - we have 4 year old kindergarten here and the teachers told me that they can't tell which kids went to preschool and which ones just had a babysitter.

mer - way to be a better teacher than me, lol! which style shorts did you get? I am going to send you the ones that are too small on me, they should fit you for sure, they are size 4. and totally random, but do you teach any online courses for grad credit? DH needs 2 more credits this summer and is looking around for something useful. also, sorry i have a million things to tell you, I am now mentoring a kindergarten teacher, tell me how that makes sense?

CA - DS gets really upset if DD gets to go somewhere and he has to stay home.

ernie - we have a friend who knows furnaces and said we can call him anytime, man that stuff is expensive!

-----

RR - 4 boring TM miles

TR - can we please move on from the whiny, change my mind every other minute stage?! says "i want water" we hand him water and then he whines "i dont want water" happens way too often

FR - soup and paninis with good bread from panera

runninmer

I ordered these shorts and want these.  Same pattern different style...but both cute.

CAR - 9pm is way too late.  I am getting ready for bed at that time.  I wish I could work out during lunch...I normally babysit 6th graders and grade papers.

ernie - Glad you had fun at the pool.  When we would take J over the summer he always slept really well.  Something about the water.  Not cool that your furnace isn't working the best.  I hope "mr. fix it" can fix it!

rg - J loved to give my belly kisses and look at it!  It was fun.  Not fun was when he didn't fit on my lap and would elbow my stomach.  I figured H just needed to get used to having an older bother quick!

moxie - Right now, I don't teach any online courses, but I am working on getting approved to do so.  He should look at Connecting Link and see what they offer online as they don't offer face to face classes in WI anymore.  I have taken their online classes and they aren't bad.  If mrszm is around, she has taken a few online classes recently and might have a recommendation.  Yeah, your area vs Kindergarten doesn't make sense at all.  Like when they hired the guy I share an office with and had a Phy Ed teacher be his mentor.  So I did all the work with no pay!  J went through the phase of I want I don't want and it was so annoying.  We look at J's behaviors now and dread having to go through it a second time...I am hoping H isn't as much of a sensitive soul as J is.  Also, (sorry for the Novel) DH's aunt teaches 4K and says she can tell a difference between preschool and babysitter.  Interesting....

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: If DH gets home early enough I will run. No way in hell I'm running with the stroller. I lifted chest/back yesterday and I am driving my car like a T-rex.

TR: Has a snotty nose and is being whiny, sent him to daycare anyways. I feel kinda guilty that I didn't spend much time with him this weekend. He was with his goparents from noon saturday to noon sunday and then I sent him to daycare yesterday even though I was off work.

FR: Elk steaks last night and they were damn delicious. I think I'm going to do navy bean soup in the crockpot today with the homemade chicken stock in my fridge. Still going strong on my plan to eat all the meat in my freezer before buying more.

NRR: Fire banquet on Saturday was really fun. We stayed until last call and cleaned up, so we went to bed around 2. Got up the next morning and was tired but not hungover and went and had a delicious brunch. The food was so good, we thought about going back yesterday. Cops Vs Firefighter hockey game is on Saturday but my mom hasn't returned my text about asking her to babysit.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Kantkatchme

From yesterday

zorbs- when you skate on the canal you have to get a beaver tail! that's really why drive all the way to the canal! haha.

ca- I trade skiing for running in the winter, I am not a dedicated runner. As long as I get outside I figure ut counts. O is so little! I wish A was smaller, ha! She hasn't been 22lbs since she was 6 months.

Ernie- I was on the canal, I go for the beavertails. Lol although I did grow up a block away from it.

moxie- I don't go very far! Mostly cause it's cold. But we have a Xc ski marathon that is 160km that I want to do with A.  It's 5 sections and you can do as many as you want.  I did it when I was little with my family .

mrszackmorris

moxie: I recently took two courses through the learners edge. The first one I actually learned a lot. Not so much for the second one. They were relatively easy and work at your own pace. Let me know if you want more details. Lots of teachers around here use learners edge.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - when B is at school I'm going to ditch my asscrack of dawn winter runs and run in the morning after he goes off to school.

CA - B will be starting kindergarten full day 5 days a week in September.  Most of the people I know have their kids in preschool for at least a year already, so I'd say yes, we are very very behind.

ernie - sounds like M - "I'll just ask C to fix everything!"

rg - glad you got a good night's sleep!

moxie - I can tell that B isn't as socialized as kids who go to preschool, or even kids with siblings.

spike - something like this? what does elk taste like?

kant - the last time I was in Ottawa, I had a beavertail in Byward market after running the marathon.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- my company just announced another limited partnership offering, so that's just one more thing to save for. :/   its stupid not to take the offering though because its a guaranteed 7.5% return but historically averages more like 20%.

zorbs- I'm not putting R in preschool because I don't have time to do two more 30 minute round trips to R's daycare every day. Sorry about your dinner fail last night. For me, I have about a 50% fail rate when I cook asian food.

mer- congrats to your parents! I just have to stay away from those running clothes websites.

CA- I'm suprised O wasn't happy about having one on one time.

Ernie- R always says he has to poo as bedtime stall tactics. Good for you for listening to her Smile

RG- have a good check up today.

moxie- ugggggggh the whining. It kills me.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - something like this? what does elk taste like?

LOL yes! I keep having to lift my arms up to hand papers to clients and I'm trying to act like everything is normal and I'm not really struggling LOL  Elk tastes more like beef than it does like venison. Its super lean and you have to cut off all the silverskin/connective tissue or it is very chewy. I soaked the steaks in milk to remove any gaminess, then coated in GF flour and fried them in a mixture of butter and chicken fat (had some from making chicken stock), then used beef stock to make a pan gravy and simmered them in that. So, you prepare them more like chops than steaks I guess. That's really the only method I know for cooking them because they stay moist.  I ate 3 servings, it was so good.