Womens Running

Thoughtful Thursday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I'm thinking. This morning that is a very good sign.Wink

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday was one of those hard runs that eventually got somewhat better. 45 minutes done. Cardio at home. Errands today.

Track run today after work. I think my sinuses have reinfected. Roll eyes

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!   It's Pi Day!

4.12 Miles yesterday at the indoor track.  We had schizophrenic weather yesterday sun then snow squall, sun then snow squall (repeat liberally).  So, an outdoor run would have been brutal.

I'm signed up for my first 5K of the year on 3/30.  It's the Icebreaker Challenge in Albany, NY.  Several friends are running it, so I decided to get my season started!  I'm still shopping for my 10K goal race.

Judy - Good morning!

Sue - the quilting classes sound fascinating.  I have to be careful with craft projects... I want to do them all and I'll "try" anything!  I tend to settle into crocheting/knitting and earring making.  They seem to be my default crafts.

Karen - good call on the ice.  There's even ice on the outdoor track at the campus.  Fortunately, the school has those spots coned off.

LC - Nice 8!  And I love the wind....... when it's at my BACK!  But somehow I always find a way to run into the wind.  Go figure!

Camille - All of those places sound wonderful... and of course makes me think of home.   As for the Beefeaters... they just didn't fare well on the deck.  I'm sure it was my terribly novice approach to growing tomatoes. I new at this.   My dad grew tomatoes every year.  I always thought he was nuts for doing that.  Now I know better!

Marjorie - nice 10 (point one!)

Tessa - I SO agree about March being the longest month.... especially with those hints of better weather following by a full on blast of winter.

Today is a strength training day.  So, I will venture back into the testosterone zone.  As I am getting amped up for race season, the 3 lbs of winter weight is nearly gone.  Whew.

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

camille2

Hi Judy!

Julie,  isn't it exciting to sign up for a new race? !  I hope you find a great 10k to do.

Lisa, I just looked up Jacksonville on the map.  It's not actuallyas far NE in  Alabama as I thought. I don't know if you'll want to spend the time driving to Cloudland, which is near Lookout Mtn.  The hike  down into the Canyon is really great-waterfalls at the bottom, great rocks. It's not runnable (for me at least) with many steps down, but there are some other trails there-haven't done them. There is a Rock Creek trail series somewhere near there, but I'm not sure where.  However, it looks like your sis-in law is not too far from Sloppy Floyd State Park where Twisted Ankle  marathon takes place and the Pinhoti trail.  I've never been there, but I've read race reports-(Jason's?) that make it sound nice. Your sis-in-law probably has some ideas, too.  I can be pretty flexible if I don't have guests.

I need to do  5 today.  This cold is still hanging on. It's not bad at all, but won't go away. I had planned leave today to go to dau's this weekend (Tobacco rd) but I'll wait and decide if I'm going tomorrow. I feel OK to do the race, but would hate to give them the bug.

LC Runs

Hi Ladies,

No run this morning, bed magnet won out lol.  Don't think I have time after work, but will try and squeeze in a couple of miles - I think every kid is in a different spot this evening to be picked up so will have to see if I can coordinate a run in between all of that.

Judy - sorry about the sinuses, take care

Julie - nice job on the track run.  The wind was pushing me down the road when it was at my back, I actually felt like someone was pushing me - good resistance workout!

Camille - feel better and have a good 5!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day.   I actually woke up very early to run but realized that a rest day was a good idea.  I do need to take them some.  My hips were stiff yesterday so a rest day is a good thing.  At the airport now on my way home.

Camille pretty looking race.  I hope you get in.

Julie the weather does seem to be an odd thing in March.  It was in the 30's this am when I got up and I'm in Florida!  I  did have the appropriate gear as I stalk the weather app a lot and it was all laid out ready to go.  At least you had an indoor option to run,.  That is a good thing

Hi Laura and Judy

Marjorie

No run today.  I coughed so much last night.  Thought I was getting better, but last night was the worst night of coughing so far.  Ready for this to be over!!!!

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I'm still here! It's been so hectic, between kid stuff, work stuff, and appointments, that I haven't been reading the thread til late, and then I'm too tired to post!

I got out this morning for an easy-peasy 4 miles with a running buddy. My shins were frustratingly painful on yesterday's run, so we took it easy today and ran at the flat, unpaved par course. I race this weekend - a local 10K, and DS1 is doing the 5K.

Judy - bummer on the sinus infection. I've only ever had one, but it was miserable.

Julie - the Covered Bridge Run in Delhi is June 1. There is a 5K and a 10K. Just sayin'.

Camille - I hope you kick the cold! I've had the same thing - not very bad, but it just keeps hanging on.

Laura - I feel your pain with the multiple pickups - we're swinging into a spring season where all three boys are playing a sport. It will be a coordination challenge.

Marjorie - good that you recognized the need for a rest day. I'm taking a serious cutback week this week - I was feeling run down and a bit overtrained, so I think I needed it.

Crazysue - sending healing forum vibes your way. Are you sick, or is it allergies?

Lisa - I loved the NYC pics you posted!

Off to get some work done. My crazy client decided to make copy changes to their annual report AFTER it had gone to the printer, so we're scrambling to take care of that. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

annieSusan

Morning, all!

I had master's swim class yesterday. My two "slow lane" buddies were AWOL, so I got a lot of help. It was great, but HARD. No aches in shoulders this morning, though, so I think the position of my arms is improving. I mean, I know I have one arm on each side of my torso, but....you know. Smile Yoga this afternoon, which I am hoping will help with some ankle soreness in the front of my right ankle. Doesn't hurt  when running, though, but I am taking it a bit easy on it.

The bird feeders are PACKED with finches this morning, plus the resident cardinal pair. So pretty.

Good runs, all!

annieSusan

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy Pi Day! There is homemade apple pie in my fridge if anyone is interested.

Tomatoes -- yum, but I have to grow them in containers, our squirrels and groundhogs eat everything they can.

Marjorie, that does sound more appealing, getting lighter so you see new things each time you go by. Though that might backfire as you wonder "how close did I come to that snake/gator/dead skunk/disgusting mess the first time I did the loop?"

4.3 with running neighbour this morning, it's her last running day before LAM. Glad I'm not doing it. 90 degrees and no shade forecast for Sunday. Sorry Damaris, though as a Floridan you should be used to heat and at least we don't have that much humidity.

Camille, have you ever entered Twisted Ankle? The RD posts on runango.

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

So I've been feeling a little run down ever since the quick trip to Denver last week. DH says I've been "wheezing" in my sleep a little as well. And work has just been awful - my boss has been even dumber than normal recently and I am totally fed up with it. Except for kicking myself that I never followed through on the other job opportunity a couple months back because things seemed better at this job. So this morning I woke up and decided I needed a day off. I called in sick, more of a mental health day than anything. I slept until about 10 and feel pretty good, especially after taking a rest day yesterday. Now just doing some laundry and other easy chores and mostly just lounging around. Boy, did I need this.

Training schedule calls for 11 with 8 at tempo, but I might switch with tomorrow's easy run. Will see how I feel when I get out there later this afternoon.

Hi to all.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

I did my 5.5-laps around a short, flat park trail.   Obviously didn't get my garmin stop button pushed hard enough and it tracked the miles in the car.  It's one way to look speedy.  : )

Marjorie, it was 20's here this am in NGA mtns. Not what people expect to hear, but it's not that uncommon.  Sunny afternoon though. Glad you took a rest day if you needed it.

Tessa, I haven't done Twisted Ankle.  I like to be home by then, though with parents, tornado one year and now DD's wedding, I seem to be staying longer and returning sooner. I looked at site this morning when I was writing Lisa and am thinking about the half.  I think the full could be misery that time of year with humidity, plus I'm just not in shape for a hard trail full.  The pics look good though.  : )  BTW,  chuckling at the comment about the snake/gator/skunk.  : )

Demaris, good luck on LA!  Hope it isn't as hot as predicted!

Laura, hope if you get to run, it's not so windy.  It was still very breezy here, but not as bad as yesterday.

Sue, haven't you been sick for while?  Did you get a secondary infection like a bronchitis or sinus infection that might need AB's. My DB and SIL both got very sick and are better finally after AB's.

Cindy, good luck getting that project done!  Good luck on the 10k!

AnnieSusan, I'd love your feeder!  Good for you for the cross training. I do too little of it.

Karen, sure hope you feel better after a day off.  The easy run sounds like a good idea.

I think I will go to DD's tomorrow.  I feel pretty good this afternoon.

ginnyb

Had my wisdom teeth out today, so feeling a little poorly.  They were not easy to remove, just had local anesthetic, so it wasn't fun, just icing my jaw all day, hoping to control the swelling.  Darn, I hope this little setback doesn't affect my running mojo!

Sorry, i really didn't read, just wanted to check in

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Ginny-ahhh now we understand why you have always been so wise... hope that doesn't change.

Camille-love the tracking of time in car.  LOL

Alas, no pie for me today.  I was strong.

Slept in this morning.

Lisa

LC Runs

I did end up getting out for 3.1 this evening.  I actually waited until after dinner/dishes so it was just about dark when I got home.  Was a nice pick me up until I got home and found out my DD knocked over the hard drive and now the computer may be broken Angry  The BF thinks  he's got it up and running, I sure hope so - it's only a couple of years old.   To be fair, the hard drive had been moved over the weekend as BF was trying to install a printer (it's usually tucked under the desk), but she was talking on the phone and not paying attention.  Ah well, guess there's nothing I can do about it now, hopefully it will be fine.

Marjorie - hope you enjoyed your rest day

Sue - feel better!

Cindy - we are leading parallel lives lol!

AnnieS - I want to start swimming again, sounds like fun!

Tessa - pass the pie, might make me feel better Wink  Glad you had a nice run with your friend!

Karen - I think we have the same boss Roll eyes  Glad you took a mental health day - ironically, I work for community mental health lol

Camille - speedy girl!!

Ginny - ugh, sorry about the dental work, sounds painful, take care

Hi Lisa!  Hope you enjoyed the SRD