Womens Running

Woohoo Wednesday (over 40) (Read 17 times)

Fun to bypass Monday like this!

Me and my trail pics.. sorry with them but just so pretty. When I'm alone I just feel the need to share the beauty.

Marjorie-you know me.  I do like to reach out and touch the leaves while running, not that much so on a trail since I'm immersed in them but on a sidewalk with foliage along one side.. yes!  There is a mix of pine in that forest.  Fir, white pine, some other color pine (green is not in the name)

Tessa-I do think of Shadow of the Giants when ever I run in pines.  I may not be able to breathe and would fully expect someone to run into my back when I come to the grove and come to a dead stop.  the arched tree section had that affect.  literally like entering a beautiful cathedral.

Shadow-sounds like a great weekend.  there were tons of ORV trails where I was this weekend in the Grayling, MI area. I knew not to run on those!

Camille-so wish you shared pics.  rainforest?  that did through me a bit though when it followed alpine tundra on the list.  really long run? LOL

Sue-pedicures are not something I long to have.. or make someone give to me.

Damaris-does Disney.  hm..

Carol-bummer that I didn't coordinate with you!  great pics!

Judy-love those wildlife sightings.. glad I didn't have any when in bear country though.  I did see many wild turkeys though.

This was the traffic when I ran on Sat morning.  First a group of deer crossed from right to left, then a group of turkeys from left to right.  You can see the turkeys in the deer picture.  Too funny.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, love the pics of your wildlife. We see wild turkeys on the other leg of our trail. They like the golf course area over there. 

Sunday I went over to check on the marker at the cemetery. It's a very nice one. DH was a vet so his part was free. I had mine done as well below his and got half off since I am the wife of a vet. DH's is marked with his rank at discharge, mine just has "Runner" on it.

Tuesday was a good track run for 35 minutes. I did a cardio DVD at home for 45 after that. I have been sleeping like a log since I've been doing the "2 a days".

Today will be a track run then out to dinner.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I didn't get back here until now.  Busy day at work and no time after my run last night to check the computer.  Tonight, I have Pilates and 7.

Marjorie, we did the Cadillac but she was tough on the core (abdominal series) and the upper body.  I hate that magic fucking circle, BTW.

Lisa, nice pics.  Yes, I don't like Disney but their races are great.

Judy, nice track and DVD workouts.

Tessa, I waved a bit north while I was there.  It was a short trip and we didn't even head to downtown; otherwise, I would've tried to meet.  We are planning on going back for the Surf City Marathon. I assume you are a bit north of downtown?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

well I apparently am having trouble walking....I just tripped twice at work this morning!  I am hoping it is my shoes!  Sheesh!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Work is kicking my butt. Finally a free moment, but I have nothing to report. Not running due to stupid foot. Yesterday was a rest day, tonight after work I'm going to ride my bike a little I think.

Lisa, I love your pictures. They make me want to slow down, run trails.....and then I realize who I am and I laugh and I laugh.

Judy, nice workouts. I'm glad the marker for DH is nice.

Damaris, been meaning to wander over to beginners and check out your race report. Nice to see you right back at it - even short trips to the west coast can be exhausting.

Ginny, we all have days like that. I usually trip over my own feet in the lobby to the building, where more people can laugh at me...

So DH, who hardly ever travels for work anymore, is going out of town next Monday through Wednesday. Yesterday, the builder for our new house called, and they are ready to get started, and want to have the pre-construction meeting sometime next Monday through Wednesday. Of course they do. I can't get away, plus I'd rather he deal with it - he's better at that stuff. And he can't get out of his work trip, but we need someone there to talk about leaving out a wall between two of the upstairs bedrooms (to make one big workout room), and where we want the cable outlets, and how to coordinate with the pool company and their construction, and running lines out to there, etc. He's supposed to call them today and work something out. Hoping they can delay one week, and he can fly down the following Monday. Of course the flight will be ridiculously expensive with such short notice, but that is life.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Damaris I was wondering if you'd used the circle yet.

Lisa  I see a bunch of wildlife when I run most the time. If I go real early am I often scare several deer

Karen and Ginny I think we all trip. Even smallest of variations in floor level (not really being level) can cause it.

Karen I would also look at where all the outlets are. With increasing electronics might as well make sure you have plenty of outlets.  Even the workout room some a bit higher up is good if you ever want to mount a tv etc. things to consider.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Marjorie, we did the Cadillac but she was tough on the core (abdominal series) and the upper body.  I hate that magic fucking circle, BTW.

I loved it when we were just using it to help stretch my hamstrings and stuff. Then she started using it for evil.....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Lisa, I love the pics, esp the one with the deer looking at you and the bit of fog.  I only got 3 pics on the hike, but a friend is supposed to email hers and I'll forward them to you.  It was a 15 mile hike: 5 miles of climbing to get on the ridge with the tundra, 5 miles  across and then 5 back down to the trailhead near Seward.  With the drive down and carpooling, it was a long, but wonderful, day.

Karen, I sure hope your husband can work out the delay in starting your house.  Good luck on the foot. It's so frustrating when our bodies don't cooperate.

Ginny, be careful!  We all have days like that.

Demaris,  are you doing a Disney race soon?  I missed that I guess.

Shadow, it sounds like you had a nice weekend.  Nice miles.

I planned to do 4 but decided to make a loop instead of an out and back. The other bike trail didn't go where I thought and I ended up in parking lots on UAA campus, then on AK Pacific Univ campus.  I wasn't really lost since I could have gone out to street, but it took a while to get back to a trail that would bring me home.  I ended up with 7.3 mi.  The good thing: I used Run Keeper for the first time. Otherwise, I would have had no idea of the distance.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, no more falling!

Karen, yes, it was exhausting.  All I want to do is sleep, hah!  Sorry about work kicking your butt.

Marjorie, oh, several times.  I HATE IT!  Today, she was really tough on the reformer.  Sheesh, this woman is relentless and I pay for it gladly.

Camille, I did it this weekend.  No biggie, it was for hubby.  Nice job on the workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page