Womens Running

Wednesday Has Arrived (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  Hoping work will be cancelled.  :::crossing fingers:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Track run for 35 minutes yesterday. *Good* soreness in legs from intervals is much better. I'm working on speed again.

Today we are unsure about weather so I will do a workout at home. If work is cancelled, I'll add in some yoga. Tomorrow I'll go back to the track.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Judy....Our library is closed today, got the text around 6:15...Yay!

Needless to say, it is nasty out there.  I can barely see across the street it is blowing and snowing.  What a winter this has been and is still being!!  No way I am braving this to go out run!  Already did my walking DVD this morning.  Started early since I didn't know if I would have to dig out and get to work.

Tessa...sorry about your trying morning, but, I too, had to chuckle at the sight of you throwing the eggs at DH!  Wish we all lived closer so we could take you out for a girls night out!

Lisa...did you get this crap too?

Linda...running in the snow is really kind of nice, if it isn't icy or windy!  I prefer that to running on the TM.

Goodmorning to all who follow.  I will be probably be posting too much today since I am home...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Judy and Ginny - Yay for no work!  Boo on the snow storm

5 on the TM...I actually forced another mile so I would have something different to post today ha ha!!

camille2

Good morning!  Yesterday was an ugly day with howling winds.  We didn't have a power outage though-nice! Today looks wet but better.

Judy, I hope you get a snow day. It sounds bad up there.

Ginny, woo-hoo for a snow day!

Tessa, my response to people criticizing my cooking has always been, "There's the stove and the pans.  Go for it."  I'm sorry you had a bad morning.

Marjorie, I hope you have safe travels.

Hi laura, Cindy, Gatsby, and everyone else who follows!

I worked out at the gym yesterday and am getting the hang of the elliptical. It was a good workout and hip was not bad this a.m.  I'm off to my mom's soon.

edit to add:  Laura, great job cranking out an extra mile.

LC Runs

Good Morning, Camille!! 

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

I ran my 11 miles last night, then was too tired to post. Got it done before the rain came in, temps were not bad at all - 32 degrees. Feeling incredibly lucky that this storm, just like Monday's storm, went just to the north and we ended up with just cold rain. Sucky for the walk to work, but awesome for the drive part. The other side of the beltway wasn't so lucky as north and west have a sheet of ice, school cancellations, etc. And DH had to leave early today to drive over to the ice-covered area because he has to go to court for the traffic ticket he got for hitting a patch of black ice and spinning out a month or so ago. Apparently it's a law in Virginia that if there's a wreck, there must be a ticket written. The cop said if DH just showed up for court he would get it reduced or dismissed (the ticket if for reckless driving!), because it was obviously not his fault, but the cop had to write a ticket. I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming he made it okay.

Tessa, the eggs needed to be thrown. I don't care how sick or feeble the man is. Glad you're still hanging in there. And congratulations to DS on the driving. Insurance will go up, but it will be nice to have another driver around.

Judy, hope your work is canceled and Ginny, I'm glad yours is! These storms one after the other are just getting ridiculous. Is the next one (predicted to hit here and actually be snow for us Sunday) supposed to hit you guys too?

Laura, you make me laugh. Nice on the FIVE miles today.

Camille, yay for power! And I'm glad the elliptical is working for you.

Bike on tap for me this evening, an hour and 15 minutes and it looks like another tough one. Tempted to take a rest day, but that would mean cycling on Friday, and I have a 5K on Saturday so would rather have my rest day on Friday. We will see.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day meetings and travel.

Marjorie

Good Morning!!  Group Power instructor was LATE (like 40 minutes late) but the instructor-in-training was on time and fumbled through the routines.  She did ok, and I was glad class was not canceled and I got a decent workout.

Tessa--hope you have an egg free day today!!  Wink

Judy, Ginny and Karen--stay safe!

I am wearing my knitted skirt today  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Work was busy yesterday so I did not even have time to check in here.  My bike was supposed to arrive yesterday but it didn't.  And I was in too much pain to run so I didn't.  Lazy ass.  Bike should be here today pending inclement weather, so ride, run, or both.

judy, good soreness is good.

Ginny, stay warm and dry.

LC Runs, nice 5.

Camille, glad to hear the hip is OK.

Karen, it's the same here in FL.  even if you are not at fault, someone needs to get the ticket.  I got one for reckless driving because I had a tiny fender bender that cost me $100 in damages against the other person).  Figures.

Marjorie, hiya.  When are you coming my way????

Sue, late for her own job?  Sheesh!  Maybe it was the weather?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris--no weather here.  50+F today and breezy.  She was studying last night and overslept.  I was just glad the other instructor-in-training was willing to take a stab at the class so I got my workout in.

Knitted skirt.  Gracie and Jake would rather play ball.

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, nice skirt! I like.

Glad the IIT was able to take over, presuming any mistakes have been forgiven.

Karen, that seems a bit silly to have DH go drive on icy roads to explain why he spun out on another icy road...

Thanks everyone for the commiseration. No harm done. I think DH realized how angry I was. You'd think any man married for a total of 41 years (I'm wife number 2 and the first marriage lasted 18 years) would know that criticizing your wife's cooking is a bad idea and under NO circumstances should you call her "woman"!

No run this morning. Mattress magnet and snuggly purring warm cat won over cold morning. I will try to get to run at lunch.

Now off to work!

Anonymous Guest

Susan, love the skirt! Thanks for posting the picture, I was trying to picture what it looked like.

Good news - DH's case was dismissed. And the roads were fine - temps were just above freezing on our side of the beltway, just below freezing on the other side. So the main roads (which were pretreated) were fine over there.

I'm having a hard time concentrating at work this afternoon - the next three hours are going to drag.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Nice skirt, Sue!

Tessa, men never learn, that is assured.

Karen, glad the case was dismissed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We should be boarding soon. Hope for no delays.

I'm tired so will try to just rest in the plane. Have a fairly long layover again but I can hang out in the airline club and be more comfortable if we get in close to on time and I'm not rushed.

Tessa i would have thrown the eggs

Damaris not sure. Probably soon. Maybe March. Just depends if I have to do federal jury duty or I get dismissed. It blocks two weeks in March and I won't know until the day before if I have to even appear for selection. I really don't want to drive all the way up to Columbia for it either.

Marjorie