Womens Running

TUESDAY DIVAS - WE'RE HAVING A BABY! (Read 38 times)

LucyBelle

YAAAAAY it's Baby C Day!!!! WOOOOO! I am so excited. Big grin

RR: Skipped my 5 miles yet again. It was gusting crazy wind last night and then this morning was 20 degrees and snowing. So much for spring! I did 45 minutes full body ST last night though.

NRR: Ongoing discussions about school/job/moving situations. Having to say goodbye to my older sister and my baby nephew today, which is really sad. Cry Long work day. I have an endless meeting tonight.

Sassy: Is the grant done!?!?!? I hope G feels better ASAP!

Jewel: Hopefully you're just feeling some allergies and not getting sick. These crazy weather changes can really mess with you.

RLTW: This weather sucks. Period. Have fun hiking up a mountain! Wish I could join you!

KLMC: I hope the knee cooperates tonight! If it was OK for things like squats and lunges, I imagine it'll be OK for running. I need to eat more oatmeal.

POrun: I am SO sorry you're so tired. I hope you can get these issues squared away as soon as humanly possible. Thank goodness for the ILs leaving, now maybe you can relax a bit more.

Athena: Ick on the dog pee! Why didn't she try to put a stop to that!?!? Yuck.

Outwest: Maybe the neighbor is legit a hoarder? Good riddance to her.

Taylor: Now how long until you see DBF again?? Oh believe me, we are having maaaaany long discussions about the school/moving situation. I am definitely not just dismissing it and saying no. There are just so many things to take into consideration, aside from CRF going back to school. There's the wedding, the desire to start a family within a few years, a good job for me, etc. If he was single he'd have a way easier decision! LOL.

Meli: Where are you going for your honeymoon??

NorCal

OK, I seriously picked up my phone while I was still in bed to open FB to check on Steph and Baby C! I was so happy to hear things are progressing for them! Can't wait to see pics of that baby boy that we've all been waiting for!

RR. Running 7 miles with friends after work tonight! Also making myself do core work, since I've been slacking on that...

NRR. Working at home this morning, then heading to work this afternoon. I had a good shift at my new job yesterday, since 2 other CMTs were out sick, I got their clients. Nothing else exciting going on here!

klmc- Totally thinking of you and sending you tons of healthy knee vibes! Do you wear a brace/strap or anything? I use knee straps that go below the knee cap and compress the patellar tendon and it helps so much for my issues. Is your knee still hurting at all, like during squats, walking etc? What day is your marathon? Oh, by the way, I eat oatmeal with cinnamon in it almost every day! Then I add raisins, coconut sugar and soymilk. yummmm!

PO- Yay for ILs being gone! Now hopefully you can get more rest before your treatment starts! Don't you worry about running, it will be here when you're back to good health!

Jewel- Hope you're not getting sick!! Hope you can get some rest and get healthy by this weekend!

RLTW- Have fun seeing the kiddos! The family I babysat for many years ago now all have the kids out of high school, makes me feel so old because I used to change their diapers! haha

Athena- That is NOT ok! Hope she pays for it with no problem! I forgot you have a birthday coming up soon! Smile How's your SF training going so far?

Sassy- Oh poor G! Hope he's feeling better soon so you can all get some rest!

Taylor- I'm glad you had a nice break! Also hope the knee doesn't bother you too much! Glad the achilles is better tho. What are you training for again?

OWR- Glad you had a nice 7 even if it was slower, now all runs need to be speedy!

Meli- Where are you guys honeymooning?

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

I posted this on FB too, but just got a text from MA at 10:10 a.m. EST. She's 10 cm and pushing!!!!

RunLikeTheWind23

Just checked my phone ladies--MA texted me and she's pushing!!!!! Smile GO BABY GO! Smile

RunLikeTheWind23

Lucy: HAHA cross post about MA! Smile

outwestrunner

Taylor - Glad you had a good trip to VA! I was wondering when you'd post next. I agree with your advice re: the people I was out with this weekend. I like the one girl but would prefer to hang out doing something other than getting drunk.

Lucy - Actually, I'm about 99% sure she's a hoarder. She left a box of stuff at the bottom of the steps for almost a week, so I peaked inside and the top thing was some student's paper from October 21, 1993 (she used to be a teacher). Hoping those conversations with CRF go well.

NC - Mileage twins!  You're right - all the runs can't be super awesome. Tuesdays are always hard days for me to wake up, anyway.

NorCal

OWR- Hoarders really really really freak me out. Probably because I have the potential to become one! haha. Really, I keep stuff way too long and if DH wasn't a neat-freak, our house would totally be a disaster... Yikes! Glad your neighbor is moving and hope you get super awesome new ones!

SO excited for MA!!!!!

PRs: 

RunLikeTheWind23

OWR: The 2nd apartment I lived in, I had a roommate. She was a legit hoarder. I lived there for 2 months and got out! So much happier living on my own! Smile

LucyBelle

RLTW: Was that the same roommate that brushed her cat on the same table you ate off of? Gross.

NC/Outwest: I tend to hold on to things if I can't decide whether to throw them out, like toys from childhood and such, but I can't imagine being a hoarder to the point where you can't even walk or see surfaces in your own house...

outwestrunner

This lady has an apartment the same size of mine, and she filled up her storage unit, AND most of mine. (I was nice and let her use mine - they come with the apartments.)

NorCal

Lucy- Yeah, I'm more like that. I don't keep stacks of newspapers or junk around, but I have a hard time getting rid of stuff I think I might use one day or have sentimental attachment to. But when we moved out of our house (that we lived in for 7 years!) I got rid of SO MUCH STUFF. It was really difficult for me, but also really freeing.

PRs: 

RunLikeTheWind23

Lucy: Yes, that was the crazy roommate who used to leave cat hair everywhere! UGH. so glad to be away from her!

taylorma1

lucy-DBF lives in Chicago, but is originally from VA, so that's why I went up there over spring break. But I get to see him almost every day. However, if I do get into the PhD program of my dreams at Indiana U, then we will be in a LDR, which will stink a lot, but he said he would probably join me out there in a year or so.

RunLikeTheWind23

So. an update on the medical insurance drama from yesterday: I called the hospital in NY where I was seen in the ER in January. The lady I spoke to was so nasty. Anyway, she ended up telling me that it wasn't covered because I didn't call my insurance company for prior authorization to be seen at a hospital in NY--because I live in MA. Anyway, I ended up calling my insurance company. I spoke with THE NICEST lady! Smile I explained the situation to her--I went to the ER because I had a bulge in my stomach about a surgical incision. She looked up my claim. Apparently, the hospital I went to in NY (which by the way, was horrendous) ended up coding the claim incorrectly. I was charged with a CT scan of my head and then an xray series from head to abdomen. But they wouldn't cover it, because the "diagnositcs did not match the procedures done." In other words, the hospital failed to provide a code of my preexisting condition. My insurance company couldn't understand why I needed a CT scan of my head if I was there for an abdominal bulging thing. Long story short, the nice insurance lady called and they got the coding changed and everything is fine now. Covered 100% Smile I get to keep my $4,000. YAY!!!!

LucyBelle

Taylor: Ohhhh OK. For some reason I thought you had been away from him for a long period of time? Maybe I'm confused. Or was he visiting there for a while and then you joined him but now you're both back? Eeek on the PhD program. Fingers crossed!

NC: Yeah, whenever we move I'm sure we'll be getting rid of a lot of crap, too. For instance, CRF has this ridiculous hat collection, I'm talking one of those giant foam cowboy hats, a huge sombrero, Energizer bunny ears, a wizard hat, etc, that is taking up so much storage space, and I don't understand it. Then I have a big storage container of weird stuff from middle school/high school/college that I can't seem to part with, but never look at and have absolutely no use for. I should probably just throw it out and not think twice about it. Hmmm...