Womens Running

Beer Friday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Thanks, ladies, for cheerup. This day is marginally better. Meeting at 2pm, which, I hope, won't ruin it. Sunny day, went to a pizza place for lunch, got my beer. At 1pm. I needed the damn beer. It helped.

TGIF!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kilmisters, sending lots of :::HUGS:::   I'll be sending lots of positive vibes over to you.

Thursday was an interesting 60 minute run out the trail. There were a few raindrops but it didn’t matter since I was wearing the kerchief with larger ice cubes.  After seeing some old friends I continued on to the more woodsy part of the trail. Just ahead of me was a young deer munching on leaves. She waited until I got there, grabbed a nice mouthful, turned and leisurely walked into the woods. She followed me several yards away in the woods in a parallel line to my path until my turnaround point. There was a bunny and many birds. On the return trip I saw and heard the catbird. Ospreys are attending their nest.

By the river, two sets of Canada goose parents had their goslings with them. One group was quite tall, still fuzzy but with grey fuzz. The other smaller group still had some yellow fuzz. Soon they will start to feather out, tail feathers first. The Golden Rain Trees have produced many very light green seed pods.

The trip helped me to live in the moment. I didn’t take pictures, but mentally wanted to absorb what was happening.

In the afternoon, DC and I did 2 hours of volunteer work.

Today I’ve got to get out there soon because thundery weather is supposed to arrive around noon. I’ve also got to plant my yellow beans this weekend.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me!

Thats a wrap for me this week. I am ending the week at 33+ which was what I was going for. I have never ran 5 days in a row and I am feeling it!! My left foot got this sharp pain in it today mid-run..it went away but now it is hurting again. Almost feels like a pulled muscle. IDK..my bodies way of telling me never to run 5 days in a row again. LOL. I am taking a running break for the weekend! Will probably go to a Body Pump class on Sunday morning..but that is it! Going to start building more miles in next week. Its a slow build Smile

Thank you everyone for the congrats and thoughts for HCF and I! Still doesn't feel real. I keep surprising myself when I look down. LOL. We are thinking November 2019. We want a Fall wedding..I think trying to do it this Fall would be too rushed! Plus, we want to honeymoon RIGHT after and i don't have much vacation time left (I have another beach vacation in sept). I honestly wanted to either do destination wedding or elope..but HCF isn't going for either haha. We have a venue in mind and my mom is already on it. LOL. She wants me to make sure we can get the date we want..THIS IS SO CRAZY

We probably won't go public with anything until we get home. Trying to soak everything in Smile Leaving tomorrow early so we are beaching today!

Susan - Have a great time at the quilt seminar!

Sandy - Nice speedy miles yesterday! I would say that is speedy Smile How is your weather now? Awe, glad you got some sister time in! What are you up to this weekend?!

Kathryn - happy to hear that the purse is coming back to you - because I am sure it is a very NICE purse! Smile Sorry you are getting sick - that happens to me A LOT when I race and then get on an airplane. Are you suggesting Vegas for Bachelortte marathon weekend? THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER STRIPPERS?! LOL!

Docket - I laughed at what you said to Karen about the treadmill squeaking. Hope the vet visit went okay!

Tessa - Nice run yesterday! I am guessing you are feeling pretty good after the weekend?? Not sure what race to do..I guess whatever works for everyone! That doesn’t help much does it?

Diane - Awe, glad you had a good time babysitting. I am a little nervous babysitting Emerson! We have a few weeks before that though.’Nice miles yesterday!

Karen - NICE miles yesterday! Did you make it a double? A double run would be hard in TX heat.

Margaret - OMG. Another race?! You are unstoppable, woman! Smile I love it!!! I think HCF was waiting for the right moment. He told me that he kept the ring in the attic - OH FUNNY STORY about that!! So he got the ring around Valentines. One night before Valentines I came home and saw a jewelry bag on the dresser. I assumed he got the necklace I showed him in a magazine a while ago (heart with a puppy paw inside) - but turns out that was the bag the ring was in!!! He forgot to throw it away. LOL. It all worked out because the necklace I wanted was from the same place so he just went and bought that to cover Smile Slick.

Lisa - I am glad you are in because I am dying to meet you!!! Smile I am so jealous of your DD!!! Wow!!! I would love to see Iceland especially.

Kilmisters - Beer at lunch = WIN!!! Smile Glad you are feeling better!! Sending POSITIVE VIBES to you for the meeting!! What is Karen having you run this weekend? Are you staying up to watch the game tomorrow?

Judy - Wow, quite the trail run yesterday! What are yellow beans??

HAPPY FRIDAY!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I'm so happy for you,  You have a great guy...and so very thoughtful.  Congratulations again.  I'll make sure to save up PTO days for 2019.  Only thing I know I have planned is Javelina 100k with Kat in Oct.  DH and I got married on Halloween cause that's my favorite holiday.

Judy how nice you see all that wildlife. After the deer accident last year I don't want to see any where I might be driving.

Elina...lol on the beer at 1pm.  I'm glad it helped.  You've got a lot on your plate right now.  Good luck at the 10k.

Margaret good luck at the 50k!  You're a running machine.

Sue, enjoy the weekend.  You're quilts are beautiful.

Cathy I'm interested in the training by time.  Unfortunately I'm so slow I can't get many miles in when I stick to 60 min or so.  I'm trying to build back up to a run/walk but I'm also doing 5 days a week and that's new for me as is the 30 + mpw.

Have a lovey day everyone.

Seloc

Lisa - LOL LOL wink wink.  That's all I'll say there.  I'd really love to meet Turkey the cat some day   DDs trip sounds freakin AWESOME!!  I love how independent she is!  A rarity for younger Americans in my sheltered opinion.

Karen - a second workout of hills in that weather??  Ummm, not a chance this cat would get off the couch!  Did Riley let you sleep in today?

Gatsby - I cracked up at the House of Beef!  Slacker sitting in the car all day.  Ha!  You are running SO STRONG!  How in the world??  Were your legs even tired after last weekend?  Good luck tomorrow!!

Diane - nice 3!  Glad you had fun babysitting the other day, too.

Elina - beer at lunch??  Oh man, color me jealous.  Glad you are feeling a bit better - hang in there!  Good luck withe the meeting.  Almost the weekend!

Kat - oh no hope the sore throat isn't worse.  Now to start planning Austin!  Will message next week.  What do you think about a winery?  Or three?  LOL

Lizzie - dang, nice miles this week, girl!  Good idea to take the weekend off.  Rest rest rest and love up your boo.  I cannot stop grinning I'm so stinkin happy for you guys!!  Hmmmm might Lakefront be a good time for a bachelorette party??  Oh wait!  I just saw comment about Vegas!!  Humidity is coming down so I turned the A/C off last night.  Supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow.  I'm working the run club water stop again and then plan to CHILL.  Maybe do some chores and grocery.  Planning 11 on Sunday in lovely weather.    OMG that's funny about the ring bag on the dresser.  Nice cover HCF!!  He is seriously a pretty awesome guy.  I cannot WAIT to meet him.

TRX/Bells class this morning.  Went with the heavier weight.  Whew but felt good.  Cooler today and rainy tomorrow.  Will be a wet water stop I'm working.  Always fun to hang out with RB though.  Then probably just chores, grocery and couch time.  Planning 11 on Sunday and then maybe some sunshine on the patio!  Pretty boring but I'm okay with all that!  Just happy it's the weekend.  

Anonymous Guest

So yeah, the hill workout didn't happen last night. I was so tired, even after a short nap I wasn't driving over. Riley let me sleep until 6:15 this morning! He probably would have slept later except DH was up getting ready for work. Why yes, he did go to the office again today!

Registration for my running group opened today and I already got my first registration!!!! It's a walker so I better get back on task finding a walking group coach (never heard back from the guy I was hoping would do it).

I decided to take a running rest day. Miserable weather, already in the upper 70s with high humidity when I got up this morning. I WILL do strength training later and may ride my bike on the trainer.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy June and Happy Friday!  I was stuck in an all day meeting yesterday at work.  I did my 20 minute "jog" yesterday morning, with my HR averaging 125 and about a 12:30 min/mile pace.  I thought it would be hard to keep it low, but actually it was fine.  It was a very relaxing pace, almost refreshing.    I may get to like that pace too much.    Rest day today, will try to get some strength in later.  Tomorrow is our 17th wedding anniversary.  Though DH is on call for work.  I was also originally on call but someone switched with me.  So we don't have much planned.  The weather cooled down all of a sudden, it was breezy and in the 50's this morning.  Should be nice running the next couple of days!

Lizzie, Lizzie, Lizzie... man, I feel like we've traveled on a real journey with you!  I am SO happy for you and Todd!  Such awesome news!  It was nice that he still managed to surprise you.     He's pretty good at keeping secrets if he kept this to himself for so long.  Especially when you live together!  Funny about the ring bag and that you managed to score another piece of jewelry out of it, lol.  Destination race/party for sure!   I told Kaitlyn that you were engaged now, she said, "I thought they were already married!"     Oh, and nice running to wrap up the week also!  

Elina, I hope you made it through the day!  Hope the weekend brings lots of relaxation.

Judy, glad you are returning to running!

Diane, I think training by time has a certain advantage in that you aren't pressured to run a certain distance.  So if you feel good or the weather is great, you may run more.  If conditions aren't ideal, you may run less.  In the end, it's all good since it should be based on effort.  It is strange to run "odd" distances, I usually like to end my runs on a mile.  

Sandy, enjoy the wet water stop.    160 HR?  Seems a tad high, but it depends on what your max and resting HR is.    Did it feel pretty easy?  The humidity probably also figured into it.  I just like data.     Try running under 130 HR and see how that feels.  

Karen, congrats on your first registration!

Lisa, glad that DD is having a great time!  She hasn't found a beer or wine that she likes yet?  Nice Pinelands pics!  The race shirt is actually kinda cute!

Margaret, wow, good luck on the 50K tomorrow!

Kat, hope you aren't getting sick!  Resting sounds like it may be a good idea.

Ginny, congrats on the new basset!

Tessa (and Sandy), I have Kathrine Switzer's book on hold at the library.    That is really cool that you saw Joan Benoit Samuelson during the Olympics! 

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, you day is probably over, hope it ended OK.

Judy, stay safe and don't go out in the thunder!!!

Lizzie, ME, suggest Vegas for a bachelorette weekend??  Never...  Wink  Thunder From Down Under?  Abhorrent...  

Diane, good luck getting back into your run/walk.  I walked 2/3 of Pinelands.

Sandy, right there with you on being happy it is the weekend.  I am going to do NOTHING on Saturday.  Ahhh.  Look forward to figuring out some of Austin.  I will TRY not to plan too much.  I am a big planner.  But always happy to go with the flow.  I guess I like to know my options ahead of time.  Smile

Karen, hill training later in the day, in Houston?  Not so much.  Kudos to you for even considering it.

Cathy, I hope you and DH are able to enjoy your anniversary tomorrow, congrats.  Smile

My sore throat persists and a little bit of crud, but nothing terribly bad luckily.

Taking my beasts into work for a bath and then heart worm testing/meds, vaccines, and bloodwork on one.  Gonna be hella expensive, but I need to use my 20% discount before it goes away.  I was able to get cash out of my bank account with my passport.  I think I got enough cash out.

As Karen mentioned, it is HOT HOT HOT here in TX.  Probably 3 weeks, or more of 100 degree weather without a break.  Sigh.

Might try to get out for a short walk tomorrow.  I am starting to get less sore finally.

Happy Friday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 tonight.  It's my early Friday, so I hope I remember I leave at 3:30pm.

Elina, glad the day was better.  Hoping you enjoy your weekend!

Judy, you have been busy!  Enjoy your run today.

Liz, nice home!  You need to come back for us to meet!

Diane, not sure how lovey my day will be but thanks, same.

Sandy, nice job on the class.

Karen, nice choice (ST instead of running).  This hot weather is already irking me and it's not even really hot.

Cathy, ugh, who plans all day meetings?  Yuck.

Kat, hoping the beasts enjoyed the visit.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, in the last month I've gained 8lbs.  It's like my body is trying to irk me, lol.  Having said that, I think I might be putting muscle.  Here is my post surgery Ottawa Marathon finish picture (left) and the other one is from Tuesday.  I weigh the same in both pictures:

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Elina - Hope your day is ending well...beer or not Smile

Kat - So happy for your 50k victory!  Sorry bout the purse etc., drama at the end Sad

Judy - Loved the Christmas gift from your DC and the trip!

Sandy - Do you have another marathin coming up???

Cathy - Happy to see you posting runs again Smile

Liz - I was thinking EXACTLY what Cathy said...feel like we have traveled the journey with you!  I remember you first talking about him!  How exciting and wonderful...you seem so happy since he has come into your life!

Damarias - 8 pounds....I don’t believe it!  I’m sure it is muscle according to those pictures!

Karen - How fun about registration for run group!

Diane - Sounds like you had a fun babysitting time the other day!

Well, my semi-retirement life is about to move on to full time retirement!  I have been weighting the pros/cons...and just decided it wasn’t worth having to be tied down to a few days a month!  I’m relieved....  Soooo, hoping that will give me more time for races and FE’s....and bachelorette parties....

Oh, running...I have been doing that, too!  Heading out this evening with RB’s...it has been HOT here, so supposed to be cooler tonight.

Carol

Seloc

Why is it that short weeks seem the longest?  I'm ready to be done.  Just a couple more hours...

Hi Carol! - that's awesome the full time retirement is here!!  Next marathon for me is in the fall.  Richmond.  Just need to sign up.  What about you?  Weird how we went from full on winter to full on summer in 6 weeks.  Have a great run with your RBs!!

Damaris - you DEFINITELY look more fit in pic2!

Kat - plan away, lady!  I'm a good follower   Ugh on that HEAT!!  Good luck with the beasts today - hope they don't break the bank.

Cathy - oooh, I'm excited for you to read Katherine Switzer's book - I really liked it.  That 160 HR was with the faster girls so I wasn't comfortable but could still talk.  Will try to figure out my RHR and Max.  In theory its 171 but seeing as I can still talk at that rate I'm guessing it's higher?  I will try to run with it super low this weekend.  Ugh on that all day meeting.  I guess that could have been on a Friday which might have made it worse   Happy Anniversary!

Karen - so I gotta say that it makes you seem more human that you didn't go do a second workout of hills in the TX heat last night haha.  Woohoo for a Friday at home alone!  That weather, though, ugh.  Almost too hot for the pool?  Is the pool able to stay cool in that heat?

Like clockwork, multiple IMs and emails on a Friday afternoon.  Sigh.  Oh well, I guess I do have to earn my keep.  Happy Weekend!!

5 miles down the back alleys, around Krispy Kreme and through the Sears parking lot and back... go me. LOL

Heading to yoga tonight, not sure how well the knee will take the pressure. it's the skin being pushed upwards that hurts... since there is the pouch of fluid still there pushing on things. Tomorrow morning we're volunteering at local state park for trail maintenance since it is National Trail Day! then an Indian music cd release party (?) at a local coffee shop. Will do a long run on Sunday! DC is preparing for first marathon at Missoula!

Elina-glad the beer helped!

Judy-love the wildlife sightings!

Lizzie-just enjoy the experience and soak it all in. These are the memories to pull back up when work stuff starts to get you down. Remember how great you felt this week and you'll be transported back to it. My dd who's getting married is having a Harry Potter themed wedding shower. I'm one of the organizers... in case you need more ideas.

Diane-30 mpw is about the most I ever do. I need to build back up to it.. then again I did just do it in one day. LOL Wish I could make it to javelina.. maybe since we are talking 2019.

Sandy-They went into McDonald's today in Rome. Shocked me since she hates them here but there was AC and bathrooms plus apparently fried mozzarella balls, and vastly superior Kit Kat McFlurries (made with gelato and real chocolate sauce) AND a bakery with cheese cake. She is having gelato every day in Italy. tomorrow is the big Republic Day in Italy so should be quite exciting, like our July 4th. She saw the President of Italy today when out and about. I told her that if she was able to make this happen she can do anything she puts her mind to.. she's been planning this for years as first a dream and then a reality. I definitely did something right with her. And will take full credit for it. LOL Patio sunshine sounds good!

Karen-good dog Riley!

Cathy-Congrats on your anniversary! And 12:30 is a good comfy pace to get used to for 20 miles!

Kat-at first I thought you wrote that you were taking your "breasts" into work for a bath... which seemed a bit odd. LOL Ugh on the temps there!

Damaris-Yeah for getting out of work early! You look way firmer in the green shirt picture. Muscle gain for sure.

Carol-more time for running! LOL

Oh! I took a short jaunt downtown and picked up the court paperwork which has been sitting outside of the courtroom since the 16th. LOL At some point they would have mailed it but my lawyer said I could go down there and pick up myself to save the cost of a runner and get it faster. Been finalized since the 15th but feels real to have the actual document in my hands. Talk about a journey! It's been a good one though. I knew for years that this day would come, did my darnedest to be happy in the meantime with no drama, and here I am. Life is so good and I am so happy with where I am at. Thanks to all of you for being along during the journey. I must admit that there was part of me that would have loved to have seen what forum posts he would have pulled from years past that "proved" something.

Probably never posted this but one of the things he told me back in April was that he read about my wild times on here... (yes I am dating now but I sure as heck wasn't until I moved out in Sept). Apparently when I did my 30 mile training run for North Country in 2010, I had posted about seeing five young bare chested guys on the trail. That they smelled so good and I wanted to jump their bones. That was his proof!  When he told me that in May of last year, I almost split a gut. A. Like I was going to add more freaking miles trying to catch them. B. Like I could possibly catch them. C. Like they would have anything to do with the old sweaty woman who had been running for 8 hours. D. IT WAS A JOKE.  Seriously, he thought that meant I was cheating on him.. in 2010. So that was the point when I stopped posting to RWOL last spring when i knew he was reading. Now I could care less if he's found this and read it. I'll try to be back more often with the usual levity and seriousness. 

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, glad you have cheered up! Beer = cheer...

Liz, Vegas is close, but Kat, not only no but HELL NO on the ET run. August. Late night. Desert.

THAT IS WHEN THE RATTLESNAKES COME OUT. They sleep underground during the heat of the day and then hunt at night. And you can't see them until you have already stepped on them.

Go ahead, do it, I'll be waiting for all of you in the bar. Remember what I said last Sunday about first runner wakes the rattler up, second runner makes him mad, third runner gets bit.

Lisa, shaking my head about your DH.

Karen, hope you can find a walking coach! And a few sponsors including the cupcake place...

Damaris, definitely putting on muscle!

No run this morning. No run at lunch. (No lunch break.) No run this evening because of book club.

Yep, June's starting off fantastically.