Womens Running

Living the dream THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sarcasm.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Ugh. I am worried about Ruger. We were getting ready to go to daycare and he was soooo excited. Jumping around and spinning in circles. We got to daycare and he was ready to go and get out of the car and play. I went in to drop him off and the guy working (he never takes the dogs back he is usually outside with them every time I have been there) - grabbed his leash and Ruger wanted no part of it. He basically got dragged in. So weird! He loves daycare and playing...I am wondering if he doesn't like the guy? I dont know but now I am worried. I am going to have to ask how he did today when I pick him up.

Speaking of Ruger...pet owners..how do you brush their teeth!? Rugers breath is..awful. We recently started trying and of course he hates it. I am sure he has to get used to us doing it though. Any tips?

HCBF is coming home tonight. He has an early dentist apt tomorrow. The other half of his deep cleaning Smile

Kilmisters – I don’t know…35 and raining might not be so bad haha. Wow, nice job on the run yesterday speedy!!

Margaret – Stay safe out there! Nothing wrong with a wing it plan Smile

Docket – Awww poor Hershey!! I guess Hershey would be appropriate name right now Smile

HuronHeart – Awwww!!! Congrats to your DD! Sounds like a beautiful wedding. Good for you for taking some time to relax and enjoy some vacation time!

I have so many meetings today. Including one with MAMMEL. Blah.

Have a great day everyone!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OH Cathy..I was having crazy dreams last night and you were in one. So weird..I was climbing a hill and having a hard time doing it. On the hill there was a classroom taking a test? And then a bar? When I got to the top I realized I forgot my badge and keys (that's work related) - and you said I could borrow yours. Then when I went back and got my badge and keys I forgot how to get back to you. SO WEIRD AND RANDOM.

Sandy - Hope you have a better day today!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and 6 tonight.  Taking Bugsy back to the vet for recheck on his pancreatitis today.

Lizzie, I would check with the daycare why.  I am usually more suspectful of people and that could also be an indication this guy has abused him or treated him badly.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, about Ruger's reaction...I would always believe the dog. He picked up on something in a scent, I would guess. Whatever the source, it was negative. Maybe the guy himself, or the scent of another dog he feared on the guy's clothes?

Wednesday there was quite a wind chill even though it was 37°. I did 35 minutes down in the park. I’ll add a layer to the legs. Some fuzzy Bermuda shorts work pretty well under the Capris. If it's too cold I start layers of tights. I don't warm up well at all so I have to start that way.

Today I plan to run out the trail so I'll probably wear tights. It’s pretty cold so I plan to bundle up, run, then grocery. Other errands after lunch. DC wants me to come over.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good morning! BRRR!!!  It was 44F this morning.  5 miles,  I'm glad I got out there even though I really did not want to.

Cold for us! I know y'all northerners will laugh---they are predicting snow flurries tomorrow and everyone is in a tizzy. Ice is a big problem due to all the bridges in the area.  They may actually close schools tomorrow.  It is dangerous for the folks out in the country to drive in. Fingers crossed!

Kat--I second the Road ID. About 30 years ago one of the battalion commanders on the base collapsed while running.  It took several hours before they could figure out who he was.

Damaris--Poor Hershey! do they know why he was "stopped up"? I feel your emergency vet bill pain.  Skye's bill was $476.38. Worth every penny though.

Lizzie--haven't worked on wedding plans.  Will start after Christmas.  Our pastor did send us some stuff about premarital counseling.

Huron Heart--congrats on DD's wedding. Glad it went well.

Karen--We will be pup sitting Deuce and Stark in addition to the weims.  Smile

Later!

dhuffman63

Trails

BOY HOWDY it was 20 freaking degrees when I got in my car.  Way too cold for this FL transplant.

I agree, believe Ruger.  When I had my Border Collie, Bandit I first started dating after my divorce.  If he didn't like someone that was the end.  He liked Barry so he got to stay...lol.  Chuck, my pitbull mix is my "people check" now.  If he doesn't like someone I know something is off.

I'll have to check back in as the day goes as I'm busy this morning.  Hi!

Seloc

Cold?  I'll give you cold.  Single digits with windchill sub zero.  That just hurts.  And the roads still suck ass which makes footing tricky.  So, I did not run.  Sigh.  I could possibly drive to the park and run in the trees this afternoon if I get out of work with enough daylight but will see.  Otherwise it'll be a TURD.  Trying to be okay with that.

Elina - nice run, speedy girl!  No doubt all that running with mini-K made you stronger!  I have SO MANY friends that came back stronger after pregnancy.  Hope you got some good rest last night!  Well, good for you, anyway.  It's all relative, right?

HCK - yep, universal dumbasses LOL.  I often wonder if life is more enjoyable going through it so clueless

Gatsby - I love your 'wing it' plan!  Muscle memory and a seasoned veteran as yourself will, no doubt, do just fine.

Damaris - awww poor Hershey!  Do they know why he was stopped up?  I really am curious as mine has that problem.  I think his Rx food for urinary crystals is the reason.  I give him a very small bit of wet food sprinkled with Miralax and more water daily but that doesn't always seem to do the trick.  He only goes every 2-3 sometimes 4 days and meows around until he finally does.  Sorry for the TMI!  haha

HH - congrats to DD and glad you had such a lovely vacation!

Lizzie - LOL I use that phrase alllllllllllllllll the time!!  Awww poor Ruger buddy.  I agree with everyone else - he must not like that dude.  Hopefully they can give you some insight this afternoon.  Have you tried those dental chew thingies for Ruger?  My sister uses those.  Ugh on a meeting with The Mammel.  Hope you day goes fast!

Sue - nice 5 miles!  I'd give anything for 44*.  I know, I know, you put up with the heat and humidity.  Hope it doesn't get too icy!

Back to the tokens...

Docket_Rocket

Sandy, it's a chronic problem with him.  I bet you the stress of the new cat made him have a bout.

Bugsy has no bugs, yay!  Stomatitis is still bad but he is now 10lbs (from 8.2 last week!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Another cold, rainy day here (yes, 44 IS cold dammit!). Neighborhood emails already going around about temps possibly going below freezing tonight and what to do about it. Yesterday was a cold steady rain so I took a rest day. Today there should be some breaks in the rain so I will hopefully get off my butt long enough for a few miles. I'm kind of extreme tapering - combination of crappy weather and no motivation to go out in it. I've only run once this week. I am getting excited for this weekend......and now I find out Deuce and Stark will be there too!

Riley was so funny this morning. He hasn't gone to daycare in two weeks (first Thanksgiving, then we had to leave for my colonoscopy way before daycare opened last Thursday), yet somehow he seemed to know that it was Thursday and he was ready to go. He did his normal get up at 5, go out, eat, then go back to bed, but around 7, he got up ad would not let me sleep anymore. Up and down on and off the bed, giving me the paw, etc. As soon as I got up he went running to his leash. How does he know? I was considering not taking him because it's been raining so much I know he'll come back a muddy mess, so I shouldn't have been giving off any sort of signal (plus, I was sleeping, I couldn't have been giving him a signal then).

Liz, poor Ruger buddy. Sounds like there was definitely something about that guy he did not like. As for Riley's teeth, we don't. He gets dental chews sometimes, but it's hard enough to clean the squirmy little bastard's ears - no way is he going to sit still for teeth. Eventually we will probably have to pay a ton of money for the vet to do it.

Damaris, is it wrong that I laughed that Hershey was full of shit? Hope Bugsy's recheck goes well.

Judy, have a great day. Enjoy the run, and all the rest of it.

Susan, we're getting the same panic here. I thought weather panic was bad living in Maryland. I am so excited for this weekend, although Riley may be a little upset with me when I come home from a weekend with four dogs that are NOT HIM.

Diane, 20? Yikes.

Sandy, thank you for the reminder of why I will never move back north. When I was home for my dad's birthday he asked where we planned to live once DH retired. I told him we were staying where we were and only planned on moving out when we moved into the nursing home.

Okay, I'm off to the grocery store for a few things, then I am going to steam clean all the things. And do laundry.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seloc, you know the give a man a fish, teach a man to fish saying? I heard it described in a meeting as you spend all this time trying to teach someone to fish and they still don't get it, it's easier on you to give them the damn fish. So the universal dumbassery may be a smart way to avoid doing anything.

dhuffman63

Trails

Weather report: 29/44, Sunny with NNW 14 mph winds.

Margaret I laughed at your description of the "plan"  psst, don't tell Karen that's pretty much what I've done for the Hawk and PH, and then now this one Saturday.

I have a hard time with plans since I can't seem to settle on a "goal".  I'll never be fast so that's pretty much out the window, I enjoy spending time out on the trails so 10 hours for a 50k is fine.  And since I'm new at all this I have no idea of a starting point for "improvements"  Trails are all so different that using one 50k or trail marathon to judge another is hard.  I plan on doing the Flint Hills FM - trail in KS and talking to the RD he said compared to the Hawk it's "a walk in the park".  If I were inclined to repeat events that might give me an idea but it's the adventure I'm looking for.  Sigh.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

3.5 on the TM for me this morning.  My cadence has been slower so I pulled out my metronome.  It made the time go a little faster.  Sandy wins, it was about 17 this morning with a feels like 4 here.     Snow flurries and wind.  Blah.  I quickly walked DD to the bus stop.  DD's concert went well, I guess I am somewhat more in the Christmas spirit now.    Though now our furnace is acting up again, always something...

Lizzie, poor Ruger.  It does seem weird since he is normally so excited about daycare.  That was a really weird dream.     DD was asking this morning if we could move somewhere warmer.  Maybe we should switch homes for about a month?  

Sandy, with this weather I would be OK with a TURD.    I wish that wind would die down!  Any day now...  Ah, I had a cat that would get bladder stones all the time and had special food that made her constipated.     Yes, I have a RSA token.  We still have them even though our client now also has software tokens.  The hardware tokens are lots of fun since they expire and need to be collected and sent back to the client.  St Nick gave the girls some candy, chapsticks, fuzzy socks, and hair clips for one DD and a red bow choker for the other.  I bought the things and DH put them in the stockings (we do stockings instead of shoes).  He mixed up the hair clips and choker though so the wrong DD got what I had originally intended.  But the girls traded with each other so they ended up with the right things.  

Karen, ha, Riley is smart.    Pets do seem to sense things!

HH-Kathy, welcome back!  I am sure it was a beautiful wedding.  It must have been nice running on the beach!

Damaris, I'm glad Hershey is better!  Nice speedwork!

Elina, nice 10K training run!  Yes, I am sure the "strength training" helps!  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Brrrr here, but not as bad as you folks...

Lizzie, I would be concerned about why Ruger acted that way too.  Brushing teeth...  At first, take your finger and just rub in along his teeth/gumline pretending you are brushing.  Just get him used to something in his mouth.  (Only do the outsides of his teeth.)  Once he gets acclimated to that, add the toothbrush.  They make a finger one that is like a thimble.  Once he gets used to that, add the doggie toothpaste in.  Could take a while for all 3.  Do it EVERY day.  Praise him.  That being said, I don't brush either.  Greenies are great treats.  They are recommended by the Vet Oral Health Commission.

Damaris, glad Bugsy is better.

Judy, I ordered my crock pot, good sale at Kohl's online.

Sue, $475 for emergency with fluids is really good.

Diane, feeling for you with the 21.  Boy Howdy indeed.....

Sandy, a TURD is better than a broken leg.

Karen, 41 here and rain too.  Guess who is hibernating inside.

Hi HCK!

Cathy, good you got some TM miles in, I think the metronome would drive me batty.

OK, another PSA, this time for the cat owners...  WET FOOD WET FOOD WET FOOD.  Talk to internal medicine folks and that is what they want us to feed.  Basically cats live on the verge of dehydration.  They just don't drink enough water. For Sandy's cat that means his urine is more concentrated and risks crystals again.  For Damaris' cat, that means he sucks more water out of his stool to put back into his body and the stool is firmer.  If your kitties will eat it, feed it.  And water it down, make it as soupy as a kitty will tolerate.  If they are kibble addicts, some isn't the end of the world. Sandy does Miralax which is great for hard stool.  Damaris, you should think about it too.  Can be a life saver.

Cold here, 41 out.  House only went down to 65 and I was quite comfy.  Poor Petunia was shivering in the house even with a heavier sweater on.  I broke down and turned the heat on.

Gotta boogie, my tire pressure light came on and I am driving to the race on Saturday and I need it rectified NOW.  Hope the dealership can do it quickly before work.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat I don't brush mine either, with 5 it would take over an hour.  They do get the Greenies, even though again with 5 it's pricey.  Didn't know that about cats and dry food.  I'll mention that to DH.  So far all of ours do fine on the dry food but we did have 2 that had constant urine issues.  My Chuckie was shivering this morning too, he's the only one without a heavy coat.  I may get him a sweater but that'll be fun wrestling it on him.

What's your weather supposed to be like for your race on Saturday?

I went back through my Strava runs and it appears that when I was doing the run/walk I was a whole lot faster than this MAF training walking.  Since I was doing 15 steps run/45 walk on the track yesterday and it felt good and HR was only at 85% of max I think I'll be doing that for as long as I can on Sat.