Womens Running

Bring on the CAKE FRIDAYS!!! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Cake for me..CAKE FOR EVERYONE!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

16.2 miles for me! Last 6.2 were at NMP (new marathon pace).

CRUSHED. Freaking CRUSHED it. Beginning sucked..I was tired - my legs were tired - and I was having some stomach issues (thank you woods for helping me there. TMI ). Once I hit 10 miles I had set my watch to keep me between 9:00-9:50. I stayed around 9:25. Never did I slow down..infact, my watch was beeping that I was going to fast! Could I keep that up for 26.2 miles? Uh, no. LOL. At least not today I wouldn't be able too. Maybe after a taper. Smile

A little creepy this morning..I kept hearing this knocking. Like someone was knocking on their window..it was 3:00am when I heard it. Then..on the next street over I heard a house alarm go off twice. Very weird. OH and in the middle of the night last night I woke up and Ruger was resetless in the bed..and then I heard a creek in the floor...my stomach dropped - it was HCBF! I told him to never do that again LOL. He decided to come home last night Smile I need to stop watching Black Mirror so close to bedtime.

Glad its Friday! I actually have a busy day. I gotta go pick up my cake today!! I am not waiting until Sunday to eat it though. Smile I was researching last night the best way to freeze leftover cake. So, I am ready!!! Smile

Kathryn – Hope you are doing ok! Was thinking about you last night.

Karen – I am so excited for you on being an organizer!! You’re right – the calling would suck – so, glad you can have help with that part of it. Whenever I start a new job and I have to make phone calls I am always uncomfortable at first. Granted its not usually sales, but even to obtain a quote. I am always scared they are going to ask me questions that I don’t know the answers too. Then after a few months when I get the hang of things..making those phone calls is no problem. Maybe the same will happen to you in this situation. Regardless, I am so excited for you!! OH and I am DYING reading about DH’s grandpa!!! OMG!!! I am going to tell my grandpa that. He just recently lost his girlfriend.. Wink

Tessa – Nice lunchtime run! Are you planning another long one this weekend? Is Ashley Madison still around? I remember when they had to print the list of names..a lot of my brothers friends were on it!

Have a great day everyone. Go eat some cake!

I was a bum this morning and it was great.

Kat--so sorry about your kitty.  FWIW, I would have done the same.  Surgery is $$$ and difficult on an older pet. Hugs.

Tessa--I figured she would eventually show her true colors.  I'm glad it happened before I went up there, and I hate it for the other coworker, but I am so glad it didn't happen to me.

Sandy--I am a wimp in the cold!! I was worried about patches of ice on the pavement.

Happy Friday!!

Anonymous Guest

For some reason, I got up early today (for me early is 6:30, rather than 8 ). I feel like running, but I'm going to take one more day off. I'll do another zwift ride on my trainer, then tomorrow just 4 easy miles with my group. Sunday is up in the air, then I'm going to go back hard at it next week. But I do like getting the cycling in, so I'm going to try to do that twice a week as well. I have the time now, I might as well work out like a crazy person.

Later this morning I'm going to go down to the outlet mall. I heard from someone in my running club that the Skechers outlet (Skechers was clothing/shoe sponsor for the marathon again) has leftover marathon stuff, and the shirts and jackets are all marked down to $9.99, then an extra 30% off. Since the race meant so much to me because of my baby runners, it would be nice to get something else to remember it.

Other than that, just some cleaning. There's a lovely layer of fur and dirt on everything. And at some point I need to at least dust and vacuum upstairs and make sure the bathrooms aren't disgusting up there, since Lisa and Kathryn are coming next weekend for Piney Woods! Oh, and move the random bike frame off the bed in one of the bedrooms.....sigh.

Liz, nice nice nice! You are killing it. And you shouldn't feel like you could do 26 miles at that pace right now, or honestly, at any point in your training. Probably the hardest run in my book that I've done was 18 miles with 10 at MP. At the end of my first ever 70 mile week. It was good to be able to do it, but I was sure there was no way I'd be able to run that pace on race day. Guess what, I did, and it's my PR.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, cake freezes very well.  I also love cake, especially chocolate.

Thursday I did 45 minutes running at the gym on the track. Hip flexors are now much happier. If we do the gym, I try to go two days in succession since that will even out the turns. They alternate directions on the track daily. This weekend I may get outside since the temps are supposed to rise into the low 40's! Yaaaaaaaaaay!

Today I plan a run, then 2-3 volunteer hours at the library. I am always wiped out after that. There is so much walking, reaching, carrying books, pushing heavy carts, etc. on a cement floor. I think that is what is so tiring. I’ll run before I go.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie good thing it wasn't me...I have laser sights on my gun and it's right by my bed.  Weird noises in the night are usually not good.  I'm glad to see you are enjoying the Buddha challenges .  Nice runs.

All I've been doing is walking...20 or so miles a week.  All of my foot pain is gone, no more back pain, and my HR is staying down even at a faster walking pace.  Next week I'm going to start Cardio Kickboxing Mon & Wed and keep doing the nightly yoga stretches.  I do squats, one leg squats and lunges and they are going well.  Feb I intend to incorporate some running back in to the walking.  I also took one of my hydration vests, removed the bladder and have a hand weight in there to work on that since I'm only on the TM right now.

Anyway that's where I am.  I still read all the posts and am as always impressed by all you ladies do.  Have a great Friday.

Seloc

Karen - good for you for taking the rest!  Oh My Gosh on reading obits looking for a lady friend.  Seriously.  I do think you have something there, though, that men want someone to care for them.  One of my RBs is struggling a bit right now trying to juggle busy full-time job with 3 kids in all sorts of activities, grocery, laundry, dinner, etc with a husband that works long hours and travels frequently.  She said they had a convo where they each made a list of what they did - hers was lengthy, his was "work"  LOL  That's awesome you will be organizer but get help with those crappy (IMO haha) tasks.  Sounds like win win!!  Hope you find some good race swag at the outlet!

Lizzie - awww you are sweet thinking I would be a catch.  Others have said same but clearly I have flaws haha.  You and your cake LOL - makes me think of cake a LOT.  Dude, way to CRUSH your run!!  Oh my gosh, I am SOOOO excited for you.  You sure are getting SPEEDY!!  Yikes on all the noises!  Yeahhhhhhhhh, no good HCBF.  An exBF did that too me once - sweet surprise and all but it sure gets your heart rate going!  BIRTHDAY WEEKEND AND CAKE FOR YOU!!  Ooooh, even MORE excited for you after Karen's post about her training and PR!  I'm pretty sure we're both going to witness a big PR at Fargo - woot woot!

Sue - stay away from those icy patches!  I broke my elbow a number of years ago when one was hiding under a dusting of snow.  Being a bum does feel great at times hee hee

Judy - yess! Glad to hear you are getting some of the nicer temps and will be able to run outside this weekend.  Oh boy, library volunteering sounds like quite the workout indeed.

Diane - a gun?!!    Hope you will NEVER have to use it.  Sounds like you have a great plan going!  Glad the aches and pains are gone.

Code upgrade this morning at 4am and was worried if it went bad I wouldn't make it to TRX/Bells class.  But, I did!  Lots of shoulders.  Finally got my car washed after class this morning.  No line when I first got there but by the time I got gas I was number 4.  Oh well, went fast and now it's clean until I go somewhere haha.  At least I can see out the windows again. That's the excitement in my life!  Was supposed to maybe meet a friend for coffee today but she isn't getting back to me.  Planning 11ish mi tomorrow in almost 30*!!  Then making an appearance at the VFW taco feed to support my nephew's hockey team.  Also hope to get all the ice and snow off the driveway when it warms up.  Big football game on Sunday.  Happy Friday!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy I live out...way out in the country....everyone has a gun.  I took a class to be able to carry it concealed but mostly don't as I work on tribal land and it's against company policy.  But since I was home alone a lot while DH was in the AF you bet I had a gun, and a shotgun too.  There was someone going around out here breaking into barns and stealing things and just over the hill not 10 miles away a lady who lived alone was killed by 2 drifter types after she took them in and fed them.  Paranoid...probably but I think it might be warranted.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I got to work after an hour commute (thanks, Miami traffic) only to realize I had forgotten my laptop at home and I got to drive back home and do it all over again!  Yay me.

I have Pilates and 6 miles.  I might do the 6 on the TM to see how the lungs fair.

Lizzie, I almost shit my pants on the last mile of my run last night!  Horrible when that happens.  Nice run!

Susan, being a bum is sometimes good.  I mean, figuratively, lol.

Karen, enjoy the rest day!  I would ask for a pair of the Houston shoes or something to remember the race by, but you know, I need to finish it first....

Judy, enjoy the volunteer time.

Diane, keep up the nice work!  I like the challenges but need to remember to check them daily.

Sandy, nice job on the class.  We also have several guns, which is hilarious when people mumble about liberals being anti guns... :-P

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it is appreciated.

Meeting for lunch Monday with the potential job.  Nervous...

Lizzie, great job on the run!!  Nice of HCBF to come home, but DAMN, don't sneak in late, call...  I would have jumped out of my skin.  Whatcha doing on Sunday???

Sue, enjoy your bum-ness today!!

Karen, 8 is sleeping in?  Goodness, that is early.  Whatever will I do if I get this job and have to BE THERE at 8am...  Shudder.  I hope you get some nice merchandise.

Judy, have a nice run and enjoy your volunteer time.

Diane, nice hearing from you!  Smile

Sandy, back to the other day...  Yes, I watched This is Us.  Again I was meh on it.  Except for the end and the batteries.  I bet they drag it out for quite some time...

Damaris, what a bummer about forgetting your laptop, I would be bonkers having to do the commute twice.

Still kinda down, got snippy with my coworkers yesterday but immediately apologized and explained.  They were nice about it.  Boy, was it SLOW and extremely quiet in the store for most of the day.  It is going to be a tradeoff.  Not having to do much suits my lazy life, but it is also dull.

Raining and chilly here.  I am so screwed, here I sit on the couch.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  The foot is feeling pretty good today, so I am just going to continue babying it.  It's starting to feel balmy out there!    Not really tempting me though, because I know if I am patient there is a lot of good running weather coming and I want to be healthy when it comes!  We had parent/teacher conferences last night at my daughter's middle school, one of the teachers told us about an assembly the kids had this week.  Apparently they had a motivational speaker come and he told the kids about his childhood, he grew up in foster care and was later adopted.  Then he looked for his biological family and found them.  They apparently had a lot of kids and were happy and he was the only one that was put up for adoption.  Well, apparently a lot of the kids started crying.  Then it was like a chain reaction, friends were crying, so other kids started crying.  Until most everyone was crying!  Kind of the opposite of what they had intended, it was supposed to be uplifting.    I guess the point was that he got past all the childhood trauma and had a happy adulthood.  

Lizzie, cake?  Did you mention cake?    Awesome long run with DMP!  The magic of training, when your goal pace feels easy on race day.    OMG, I would have been so freaked out!  HCBF should definitely not do that!    That Ring doorbell system is kind of cool, you can set it up with motion detectors around your house so it will alert you.  Well, I guess if you have 2 dogs they can entertain each other at least.  

Karen, hope you find some deals on the marathon gear!  In one of my online running forums there was someone training for a half marathon.  Apparently she was attempting all her long runs at goal pace and getting disappointed that it was difficult and she couldn't hold the pace for the whole distance!  Then of course there were those chiming in with how they did that and it was the best way to train, the long run should be fast and the weekday runs should be for recovery.   

Judy, I used to run on the track at the YMCA and they would change direction on the half hour.  If you weren't paying attention, then all of a sudden everyone would be running at you!    That is great that you volunteer at the library!  I used to work at the library in college.  I wouldn't mind doing that in retirement.

Diane, definitely situations where having a gun is a good idea.  Especially these days, when so many people have guns.  I am glad walking is going well!

Sandy, it's funny how a clean car can lift you up.    Sounds like you should have nice weather for your long run!   I never had dogs growing up, so the dog walking gig is all new to me.    We always had cats.  It's interesting being around pets that constantly want attention and loving.    Yeah, I would feel bad about having a dog cooped up all day.  My friend has the 2 dogs and a cat.  They all get along, so I guess it's not as bad that they are alone.  One of DD's friend's dad has a dog sitting business.  He will walk other people's dogs and also keep them at their house if needed.  So I guess it is a feasible business!  We have a few dog parks here where dog owners can take their dogs and let them loose.  I guess you can meet people that way too!

Damaris, ugh on the double commute!  Good luck on the 6!

Tessa, love those people that blast music while they are running or biking.

Kat, more hugs to you!

Cathy

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, I think a long run with 10 miles at marathon pace is harder than 26.2 at marathon pace on race day. Nobody's watching you, there's nobody trying to pass you, and nobody's handing you drinks and cheering you on. So the temptation is to slow down.

Kat, sounds like you should certainly have lunch with the potential employer and talk about it.

Karen, hope you find what you want at the outlet!

Snickering about DH's grandfather's technique for finding lady friends.

Uh oh, work calls. BBL.

LC Runs

Hello Friends!

I have had a challenging week but today I am feeling better...it is 35 degrees and feels like Spring LOL!  4.1 miles OUTSIDE early this am, it was only about 22 but still felt nice.  After weeks of sub zero and single digit temps, this is so awesome.  I think tomorrow is supposed to be 40 degrees, whoo hoo!

I'm also glad today is Friday and my day off, work is a disaster and the week could not have ended soon enough.  They did hire one nurse and were supposed to call the other applicant to offer her the job but as of yesterday, no word on that.  I'm a little wary since they hired the only two people that applied. I am just hoping they work out and this partnership is a good one.  I think the 'for sure' hire will be paired with another social worker, since she's been working alone since Thanksgiving.  The new nurse (or nurses) start Feb 5th.  I worked with several different nurses this week and last and it's kind of fun working with different people (two of them were from completely different offices), I just feel bad because they have their own work to do.  Oh well, I will try to be optimistic that things will get better soon!

Lizzie - WTG on your run today!!  I hope I have some good runs as the weather improves, seems like it's been a long time!

Sue - you deserve a lazy morning; I think my bum days are overtaking my productive ones lol

Karen - Awesome news on being the organizer, you will be great!  Sounds like  you have a busy day even without running!

Judy - have a great day!

Hi Diane - great job with the walking, glad your body is feeling better!

Sandy - have a good 11 tomorrow!  And, you are a catch, you just haven't met a man that's good enough for you yet!!

Damaris - glad you made it home in time last night, I hate when that happens, always seems to be when you are the farthest away!

Kat  - excited to hear about your job meeting!!  So sorry about your kitty.

Cathy - this weather has me so excited for Spring!!  Smart to baby the foot for a bit longer.

Hi Tessa!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am ready to go! The office was sweet - they got me a card. Actually, they wanted to get cake but I said NO CAKE. I usually end up having like, 4 cakes for my birthday. TOO MUCH. So, they got me a really sweet card and all the guys came over to say Happy Birthday.

Leaving here hopefully soon! Burgers tonight with HCBF!

Susan – I laughed out loud – “I was a bum this morning and it was great” Smile

Karen – Holy crap you were up early this morning! Enjoy your cleaning rest day. I don’t think that counts as a rest day  Smile Wow, great deal on the leftover marathon stuff! You should get some frames and put the pictures you posted online in them  Smile  Oh, thanks for the encouragement. Its hard to believe I was holding that kind of pace. Last training cycle I was at 10:10-10:15. This is so weird. LOL. Not sure how that even happens! 18 miles with 10 at MP..I don’t ever want to do that.

Judy – Yes! Cake freezes well..but..sometimes if you don’t wrap it tight enough freezer burn sets in. Which happened to my birthday cake last year! Woohoo on the outside run this weekend! We are getting warmer, also!

Diane – HCBF better not try to surprise me on a run..he will get pepper sprayed in the face. LOL. Yes, the Buddha challenges are helping me recognize some things I should be paying more attention too. Wow, you are doing great fitness wise! Putting a weight in the vest? Ew that doesn’t sound fun haha. You are doing awesome!! I am impressed by what YOU do.

Sandy – Hey, we all have flaws  Smile Yay on getting to TRX/Bells class!! Shoulder workouts always hurt..but they are my favorite. I want some defined shoulders! Haha. You are getting warmer temps! We were at 28 today…gradually getting warmer. You are going to have a great 11 miles girl! VFW taco feed? Please tell me that is a taco restaurant. LOL. Ugh, we have to shovel our driveway too. HCBF told me fell down the driveway last night when he was coming inside. The sun doesn’t hit it enough to melt all the snow/ice. I asked him if he was getting nachos. Wink LOL.

Docket – I would have just stayed home for the day if that happened to me. LOL. Have a good workout tonight! Hope the lungs do ok. Hey, shit happens. Luckily the woods was nearby. Been happening to me more frequently though! Weird.

Kathryn – YAY on the lunch meeting!!! Sunday….I have lunch plans but other than that nothing! I don’t mind doing nothing though  Smile Hopefully we will have some crabs for dinner yum. Being bored at work can get very very old!!! I really hope that this opportunity pans out for you!

Cathy – You are strong. The weather is tempting but you are still resting – strong. Haha. Wow on the motivational speaker! Maybe they were all tears of happiness Smile That’s awesome because I don’t think a lot of people who grow up in foster care have that kind of outcome. Its nice to hear when it does happen! WHAT the WHAT on the long runs at goal pace! No way I could do that every week in training. Regardless if I was resting most of the week. NOPE. Did the forum mention what plan that was?! LOL at the Y changing direction. That doesn’t make much sense.

Laura – Its so good to hear from you!! I am hoping the new hires work out! I am so surprised that only 2 people applied. I would not have thought that. Glad you are hanging in there. You are right – things can only get better! LOVE what you said to Sandy  Smile

Have a great evening everyone!

Seloc

Diane - so the gun makes you feel safe but I still hope you would NEVER have to use it.  I honestly do not think I could.  Even in self defense, I do not think I could live with myself if I killed another person.  So happy you are back at it and have a plan!  it's always fun to have a plan, IMO

Damaris - you have a gun, too??  OMG, I guess I'm too conservative.  A conservative liberal, that is.  OMG, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on having to commute twice!!  Hope the lungs are improving and you can get outside tonight!  Well, if it isn't still summer there, that is LOL

Kat - oooh, exciting about the lunch meeting!  Ahhh, another factor to consider - work hours.  Good point!  Slow days do get long and boring but if you REALLY do not like getting up to be to work at 8...  I guess you have to decide which you like/dislike more?  Good luck though I doubt you need it.  Hugs still for Katie kitty.

Cathy - okay, I had to chuckle about all the crying at the assebly.  Nothing like a bunch of hormonal middle schoolers!!  Yep, I'm super happy to have a clean car.  It's truly the little things in life that make me most happy   Add it to my list of quirks hee hee.  I'm a simpleton for sure.  I've never had a dog either.  We did have a cat growing up.  Sort of a funny story - my sister had been asking for a cat for a couple years.  My dad went fishing one day and came home mighty buzzed with a tiny kitten for my sister's 10th birthday.  My mom was LESS than pleased.  But, she let us keep her!  Muffin lived 18 years so we were all long gone and my mom was the one that ended up caring for her and making the decision on when it was her time to go.  My mom was kinda the best.    Oh, and yeah, if the pet had a pal I wouldn't feel quite as bad leaving it every day.  I used to always have 2 cats but when Lucky died (ran up the stairs one morning and keeled over at 10yrs old) I never got another pal for Leo.  I wasn't sure I was up for a kitten at the time and did not have the flexibility in my job to spend more than a weekend socializing two adult cats.  And that's more than you ever wanted to know about my personal pet ownership haha

Hi Laura!  So happy you checked in.  Been thinking about you and the crappy work situation.  Hooray for the weekend and even BIGGER hooray for warmer temps!!  Kinda sad how 22* feels balmy, isn't it??  And, yep, 40*s are pretty amazing.  SO GLAD you get them ,too.  Even if we go back into the deep freeze for a bit at least we've had this mental break and there isn't too much of the really really cold stuff left.  Awww you are too kind...  haven't met the (un?)lucky fella since he hasn't knocked on my door yet!  Cuz I'm not really out searching so that's my fault.  And you guys - maybe I am really just a creepy fat old man that drives a white van!!   Oh wait, Kat can tell ya I'm not...

Lizzie - awwww that's sweet the office guys got you a card!!  Burgers actually sound really good - can I come over, please??  hee hee  Okay, so I was emailing with my UK friend today and it made me realize how completely Minnesotan a VFW taco feed is LOL.  There will be a meat raffle and silent auction, too.  Are there VFWs outside the Midwest?  I honestly have nooooo idea.  The VFW sponsors the event - meaning the organization can use the facility and kitchen to raise money for the cause.  They have a full bar and, I believe, serve food otherwise but this is definitely NOT a place you would go specifically to eat good tacos haha.  Enjoy your burgers and cake tonight with your boys!!

A flurry of activity until early this afternoon and now it's died down.  Thank goodness cuz grammas a bit tired from the 4am wake up call.  I know I know, I got NOTHIN on that Lizzie girl.  Have a good night, peeps!