Womens Running

Fast Friday - Supermoms (Read 334 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Simon- Did you guys only plan on having the one? Our plan is 1 or 2. I would like to have another one, DH would be on board but would also be fine with being done. Given my new PCOS issue, we have been discussing this more lately and I still hold my view that if I can't have #2 on my own, I would not want to do any invasive fertility treatments. DH mentioned adoption, which I'm not really into, but I guess he is because his childhood BFF was adopted- we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. I plan on keeping R in the crib as long as possible, simply because he is all over the place and I know he would fall out of bed.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

SimonSaysRun

spike.  It took us a long time to be "ready" for number one and then when we were it wasn't easy.  Took a long time and a lot of patience to conceive.  DH is not convinced that a number 2 is in our future due to finances.  Not just the immediate expenses - daycare, diapers, etc. but more long term - our retirement, college education, etc.  We definitely both have careers where we can make that happen for a family of 4 but we're just not sure that we want to.  We'll probably make a decision in the next 18 months or so.  I'm 35 now and don't want to have a baby after 38.