Womens Running

Memorial MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Happy Memorial Day! Is that a thing?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7 for me this morning!

AHHHHH I feel so much better. I had such an awesome run which is surprising since the dewpoint was 72 and I ate Mexican for dinner last night. Wink I mean..awesome run..I was speedy - hanging in the mid 10's, Kept telling myself to slowwww down. Must be because its so flat. But all the aches and pains I was feeling last week...much much better. I obviously needed some rest.

The weather gods must have heard me complaining yesterday about the weather. The afternoon cleared up and the sun came out for 6 hours! We hung out on the beach and got burnt to a crisp. It was cloudy when we first went out there so we only applied once. Opps. My polar bear skin usually gets burned pretty bad the first time it is exposed. Wink It was super windy, too..so probably some wind burn in there. Partly cloudy today so another beach day. Smile

Congratulations to the Maine runners! The pictures are stunning!! I can't wait to read the RR's!!!! Safe travels home!

Run4kupcakes - I would be freaked out if my neighbors were spying on me at the pool. LOL. Hey, I was thinking of you last night when I saw the awful flooding MD is getting! Are you okay? Or anywhere near?

Kilmisters - YAY for starting training plan! GO CAPS!!!!

Kathryn - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You were doubtful but we all knew you could do it! You are awesome!!!! Smile Smile

Tessa - Congratulations!!!! Are you guys hanging around for a little while post race? Or heading straight home?

Diane - Nice 12 on the treadmill!

LETS GO CAPS!!!!!

Happy Monday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy - I know you said you wouldn't be posting that much last week - hope everything is okay!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, Ellicott City got the worst of it, it's about 30 minutes away from me.  There was a fair amount of flooding near me, just not the level of EC This water rescue is about 1 mile or so from my house, it's a tiny little stream on a normal day. There was another rescue at the state park about 4-5 miles up the road--it started storming around 1 and never really let up until well past dark, so why people thought it was a good idea to go swimming during all this is beyond me. Hope you're enjoying Florida!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ahhh, the Maine event as Lisa calls is done and was a wonderful weekend.  Great people, nice weather, quite pretty, and I DID IT!!

Got here Friday evening with pizza and beer/cider and visited till late.

Saturday was packet pickup and some lobster rolls for lunch.  Tried to drive up the coast but the traffic was bad so we turned around and went back.  Ended up with a rather fun evening of Cards Against Humanity.  Never played, fun.

Sunday was the race.  Nice weather for it.  The Axe Murderers theme was a hit.  I know others will post with more detailed reports so I won't get too wordy now.

Today everyone has hit the road but Margaret and me, we will head out shortly.  Our flights are not until 7/7:30, so we are going to putter around Boston.

My race reports are kinda slim and will do a shorty later.  Looking forward to others.

Hi to all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Huge congrats to all the Pinelanders!!  Way to go!  Special super congrats to Kat!!  You are amazing.  You must feel AWESOME!!  Relish in that post-race glow and rest up.  Safe travels to all today as well.  Really looking forward to the RRs!!

I think MN has relocated to TX or something.  It was 80* at 5am and this will be our 5th 90* day in a row.  Forecasting 97*.  Whew!!  Dewpoints in the mid-60s.  Got in 8 super slow steamy sluggish miles yesterday that wiped.  me.  out.  How on earth did I run a marathon just last weekend??  4mi felt better today - maybe because dewpoint was only 60*.  Who knows.  A few more days of this but hopefully cooler by next weekend.  They actually cut the Med City Marathon in Rochester, MN (about 90mi south of the cities) to a half yest due to heat.

Hung out at the run club water stop on Sat for a few hours.  Many folks out for their last 20 miler before Grandma's.  It was a HOT one.  I heard there was a death but can't find any other details.  So sad!  Otherwise not much else going on here.  Lots of napping and reading and tv watching.  I'm oddly not bored with that, yet.  Not sure what will happen today though I can't say I'm too excited about leaving the house.  Super happy they were able to get here late Friday to fix the A/C

HCK - I, too, thought of you when I saw that horrible flooding!  Glad you are okay.

Lizzie - SO HAPPY you got some beach time yesterday and sounds like maybe more today.  Great job on the run!  Glad to hear the aches and pains are gone.  Enjoy that VACAY!!

Diane - great job on the dreadmill.  Glad you were able to get it set up already.  No way you want to be outside in this weather.

Tessa - congrats! And glad the Diet Coke crises was averted haha

Damaris - I hate Miami weather.  That is all.

Karen - yay for rest days!  Man I was wishing for your pool this weekend.  Though I am not wishing for weeks of this weather.  Whew!!  I love how much Riley likes your new patio furniture haha.  Oh, I'm kind of getting in to The Breakdown.  Might finish it today if I end up laying low.

Elina - omg, you are a sleeping champion!!  After all my napping yesterday I was awake from about 3-4am.  Thought about getting up for the day but managed to sleep some more.  That was quite an eventful 10miler! Freakin dog!

Laura - nice mileage as always.  Are you acclimated to the heat, yet?  I really do not want to complain about these temps but man what a swing!  Really would have appreciated more springtime.  School must be almost out for the kiddos?  And is DD home from college?  I've missed you 

Remembering all who have served and giving thanks.

Anonymous Guest

I got a solid 8 hours of sleep last night. Out by 10:30, then Riley let me sleep until 6:30. That didn't seem as awful as his normal 5:30 wakeup, so instead of going back to bed, I just got up. Which means I got a run in before it got too miserable. I think it was only 78 when I was done. Dew point was 74, so it was still miserable, but mile 7 was way worse than mile 1, so I'm glad I got out when I did. 7 miles done.

Huge congrats to all the Pinelands runners!! Especially Kathryn, knew you could do it! Safe travels back to your various homes.

HCK, that flooding looked crazy. The video I saw of Ellicott City, just wow. Glad you're safe and sound.

Lizzie, glad the weather let up for you guys and you were able to get some beach time. On the one hand, even with crappy weather you're still vacationing with your boy, but if you're stuck inside all the time, if you're anything like me you're thinking about all the stuff you could be getting done at home and you could be hanging out with your pupper.

Sandy, we certainly did luck out with the weather last weekend vs this weekend! I hadn't heard they cut a marathon short yesterday, but I'm not surprised.Yesterday was definitely a pool day, and today probably will be as well. DH fell asleep on his floatie and got a little sunburned on his stomach. I woke him up when I realized he'd been out as long as he was, but a little too late I guess.

I need to get a few things from the grocery store, so I better get to it.

Later, all!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Liz, nice 7.  Yeah, you have to wear sunscreen here even if for 15 minutes outside.  Don't forget again; even in cloudy days you will get burned.

HCK, hoping you are dry and safe.

Kat, excellent job yesterday!

Sandy, dewpoints in the 60s is not Texas or Miami. Wink  Enjoy the hot weather.

Karen, nice run.

Congrats to our ME ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I forgot. I finally got plane tickets to go see the parents in June. There was one weekend when flights were just as cheap to fly all the way there as it usually is to fly to St. Louis, then rent a car and drive two hours. After confirming everyone would be in town (my mom: I checked and Kristen will be home that weekend, Tim never goes anywhere), I booked. Then I found out that that weekend there is a 5K in town (I think there are only 2 or 3 there all year). Looks like I'm going to be dragging my sister to a 5K. It's put on by the Catholic high school, which is down in the south part of town, so it's probably going to be hilly. I gave Damaris a hill workout this week - looks like I'll be doing one as well.

Good morning, D!

Kilmisters

Congratulations Maine racers! Looking forward to RRs!

Lizzie, glad to hear the run and weather were both an improvement Smile Polar bear skin? Ha! Sounds familiar Smile

Sandy, napping, reading and tv watching sounds awesome!

Karen's plan says ''rest'' today, but I will ''cheat'' and run 5k today, so that the weekly mileage doesn't go below 50k (but only because of that). Big grin The first and only cheat; it may sound funny, but I know myself too well - if I start the ''oh I feel so great, it says 6k, but I wan't 8!!'' moments it won't end well, because next time it will be 10 not 8, and then it will be ''I might shift this one over here" and in no time it will become a snowball effect and the reality will deviate A LOT from the plan. And then what's the point. Heh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

Happy Memorial Day!

Just hanging out at home today, we had a fun and hot day yesterday so I am home doing laundry, running errands, etc.  Grilling burgers and brats tonight.  I will probably catch up on my reading and napping later this afternoon lol.

Lizzie - that sucks that the weather has not cooperated, I guess I am out of the loop and didn't realize Florida was getting a storm.  Nice run today!!

K - wow on the flooding!  We had some storms pass through Sat and Sun, I know some places it was terrible (we did okay); I just read this morning that a man was killed in our county by a falling tree hitting his car (about 15 miles from me).  Scary!

Kat - CONGRATS!!  Enjoy your afternoon in Boston with Margaret!

Sandy - I know, we have such weird weather, one month ago we had that  wicked snow/ice storm.  90 degrees now.  I don't mind it too much though I enjoy having A/C to cool off when I get too  hot.

Karen - nice sleep and nice run!  I have been in a sleeping coma with the A/C running.  I do not want to get up to an alarm tomorrow, bleh!!

Hi Elina!!

3.3 for me, didn't leave until 9 so it was hot/humid.

Anonymous Guest

Elina, I can't believe I started you off with a rest day. And a 45k week. By all means you should run 5k today! I find training plans that start with a rest day kind of annoying sometimes. I would say it's okay to switch days around occasionally because of life, but feel free to check in along the way. When you start doing the floor ball team strength training, for example, you might want to switch some days around depending on what days that is.

Laura, good to see you this weekend!

Kilmisters

Karen, nothing wrong w 45k week (if not for my 50k stubborness), and rest day either; I just decided this is the best place to plug those 5k in Smile Printed the plan to have it on the office wall next to my spot (motivation!), went for some coffee, returned to colleagues debating who would die at which point. Ranged from ''done on day4'' to ''I could pull this off'' Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Nice relaxing day here today. Waiting for HCBF to get out of the shower so we can head up to this beach bar. I am craving some wine Smile He takes forever to shower especially at the beach - he is so weird about getting sunscreen off of him. LOL.

We went to the grocery this morning and got some burgers for dinner. Also picked up some fresh salmon to have tomorrow. I wanted to check out this cupcake place but it was closed. We went to a cupcake place on Saturday..and they looked so good..but they were NOT. The cake part was good but the icing was hard. Like, rock hard. Weird. I am going to need to try another place. Smile I am serious about my cupcakes. Wink

Run4kupcakes - Unreal. Glad you are okay!

Kathryn - Congratulations again!!! You are such a badass! Hope you had a safe flight home.

Sandy - Nice 8 yesterday! I bet it felt awful because of the weather. Think about it, the last time you ran it was 40 degrees! Talk about a temperature shock Smile Nice job with the 4 today, too! Smile Are you achy anywhere or are you feeling pretty good? OMG that is AWFUL about the death on Saturday! Wow. Sad People in your area aren’t used to that heat! Your weekend sounds perfect to me Smile Hope you had some beer at some point this weekend Smile

Karen - Look at you getting up early and getting miles in Smile Nice job! YES..you hit the nail on the head about being stuck inside. I was thinking that I would rather be stuck at MY home with my Ruger buddy! I was thinking the same thing about Fargo..oh man we would have been even more miserable than we were. Yay for booking flights to see your parents and YAY on the 5K! Smile Smile

Docket - I loaded sunscreen today Smile Good luck on the 6 tonight!

Kilmisters - Laughing at your explanation for the 5K Smile Only because I get it.

Laura - MMM burgers and brats sound so good! Glad you had fun yesterday! Nice miles!

Have a great night everyone!

Really, really belated check-in, at Boston airport waiting for my flight home. Fun weekend and good times with Kat, Lisa, Tessa, Rebecca (aka Pickles W. in our FB group), Susan, and a few brave SO’s who came.  A few highlights: I discovered Two Hearted Ale (good Michigan IPA), played Cards Against Humanity for the first time, laughed uncontrollably many times, visited a good friend for lunch on Sat, got a 31 min. PR in the 50k (6:02) on Sun, and cheered for everyone else as they crossed the finish line. Course was constant rolling hills but nothing too long or terrible. Weather was perfect by my standards, with temps in the 50s and overcast.

I am not going to try catching up with everyone now but will try to do so during the week. Hope you all had a good weekend. Sad about going back to work tomorrow. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR