Womens Running

Bummed out Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5 miles easy.

TR - so rude. Orders me around. I know he learned to talk like that from me though.

FR - somehow forgot to buy something for dinner tonight.  Will probably pick up a chicken pie today.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - probably nothing again

NRR - feeling better than yesterday, but not 100% yet.  Was only able to eat a few bites of breakfast.

FR - really need to grocery shop today.  DH took the kids out for dinner last night while I slept.

KR -lots of fighting this morning.  So fun!  Need to take them to the library ASAP - I am sure I have overdue books, not to mention they have broken at least one of the books already  Sad

Zorbs - Grrr on B ordering you around.  DD2 was hitting me this morning.  Most of the time she is sweet, but she does have a nasty streak in her and she is very difficult to discipline b/c she doesn't care.  Enjoy the pie!

Erniegirl

RR - 10-13k recovery. I still have sore quads, hamstrings, glutes and abs from the race, but not too bad, and walking yesterday really helped loosen everything up so hopefully the recovery run will feel good.

TR - Finally saw her friend Isaac yesterday, whom she had been asking for and taking about all last week. He tried to give her a hug and she screamed and ran away.

FR - Cajun catfish, sweet potatoes, salad. When I bought the catfish yesterday, S kept meowing at it, lol.

NRR - My mom is coming up for a visit later this morning. Need to head over to the library at some point to return books that are due today.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR: Rest day.  Had to wait on an elliptical yesterday to get on a TM.  I am ready to not run on a TM for a very long time.

BR:  Was up early this am.  I love that he wakes and talks in his crib.  That makes me really happy.

TR: wanted to talk to me on the phone yesterday,  So I called and we chatted. When I hit the garage door opener I hear "MAMAS HOME."  Too cute.

NRR:  Another long day at work,  Conferences until 7:30.  I have 11 to go to so hopefully the night will go fast.

FR: BLTs last night.  Were good, but I hate when dinner doesn't have leftovers.

zorbs -  J is the same way.  Very demanding and I hear myself and DH in him all the time,  it's hard.

eh - glad you are feeling a little better.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

running eh

Oh, I forgot - it's pancake Tuesday.  I love pancake Tuesday, no thinking about what is for dinner!!!

runnergirl9508

RR: 7.3 miles his morning and I felt great. It was below zero, but not windy, so once I warmed up the temps were quite enjoyable. DH said I looked like frosty when I got home bc of the snow on my eye lashes, and R was trying to pick it off and eat it.

TR: is starting to throw toys- not out of anger, but as part of his play. I'm not a fan.

NRR: friend whose studio I use for PT/bootcamps is coming over later today and we're going to talk about starting a Mommy & Me Bootcamp next month. Fun! She will be bringing her 5 month old DD too Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning ladies...

I'm not sure how often I'll get to do dailies w/ the new job (don't want to be the new girl who just surfs on the internet), but I'll jump in when I can.

RR - 5k this morning at 5:30 am.  I'm a bit behind on sleep and am used to getting up at 5, but when I was up from 3:30-4:30 w/ M I pushed my alarm back.  I was still at work by 7am, so am happy with that.

TR - has had the flu, poor girl, she's been so sick.  She was much improved last night, but woke up this morning with her fever up again.  Thank God for MIL bc she's been staying with her, otherwise Dh would have had to bc there is no way I can miss work my first week.

BR - going to call her bruiser for short... she fell down the stairs on the weekend, then whacked her face and gave herself a shiner, then yesterday slipped going down the stairs and knocked her nose, gave herself a nose bleed and the bridge of her nose was all swollen, then after I put her to bed she started skreaching, when I went in to check on her she had her chubby arm stuck in the crib slat.  I picked her up and just rocked her to sleep, poor doll.

FR - shepperd's pie from the freezer.

WR - everything seems really good here so far, it's so organized and there's nice stuff (like toasters that work in the kitchen!).  I think the last company set me up for really low expectations, but having free snacks and pop/juice is definitely above and beyond.  I'm really hopeful and excited which is such a treat compared to dreading work.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - yeah toddlers think they are the boss of everyone!

r-eh - glad you're feeling a bit better, pgr and sick just isn't fair.  Ugh on the kids fighting, hopefully getting them out of the house settles everyone down.

ernie - hope the recovery run loosens everything up.  That's been one of the biggest changes in my running this year, that I can recover from hard runs/races by running easy, I don't have to take days off like I used to.

mer - I hear ya on the TM thing!  sick of it!  Wow, long day, hope it goes well for you.  we had leftovers last night but I forgot to bring them for lunch, doh!

RG - awesome job on the run this morning!  yeah throwing toys is no good... silly boy!  The mommy and me bootcamp sounds fun!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 2.25 on the TM + lift chest/back. Starting to see some gains and muscle definition

TR: Being bratty again, oh well, this weekend was a nice respite.

FR: Last night was teriyaki chicken, brown rice, steamed asparagus and snap peas. I forgot to thaw something for tonight, I'll sic DH on it.

NRR: So its all over the news that one of the dams that DH's employer runs has a cracked monolith- the news is making it sound like Dam-pocolypse but its not that bad. Reservoir levels are at a historic low and there is some stuff uncovered that hasn't been seen in 50 years. It sounds like they will have to build a coffer dam and replace a portion of the dam because the crack is pretty big, low probability of the dam failing though. This is the one just upstream from where DH works.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R is bossy too- he got a swat last night for stomping his foot and demanding that I do something "RIGHT NOW!"

eh- I need to figure out how to borrow ebooks from the library, as I am too lazy to go to the actual library. If I do borrow books, I reserve them online and then just go pick them up at the desk.

Ernie- I don't think I've ever eaten catfish, I am an ocean-fish girl.

mer- R does that with me now,  I love that he's being more intelligible lately. R has been talking about how snakes and alligators bite you. His godmother hates snakes so he also added that you don't touch them and shoot them with guns. AWESOME.  Trudy taught him that because when she worked on an ambulance, she responded to a call where a toddler had found a rattlesnake den and filled his pocket with baby snakes and he died.

RG- Are you still getting quite a few clients since you don't work at the other gym anymore? DH is so freaking anal, he scolded R for touching the wall today because he doesn't want the walls to get dirty.

CA- that's awesome about your new job, I hope it stays that way!  Any luck finding a nearby gym? Poor O, R is pretty accident prone too.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - B also doesn't care about discipline.  He is completely immune to spanking and just flat out refuses to sit in time out.

ernie - I only bought catfish once and should have done it with cornmeal coating, I just tried to panfry it straight and all this liquid came out and the fish was so delicate that it stuck to the pan and made a huge mess.

mer - B says "mommy's home!" when I get home from running.

rg - re: your bootcamper losing inches..how much guidance on diet do you give to your clients?  mine are all like, "healthy eating is too hard" and don't change anything.

CA - I've never worked at any place that had any sort of perk.  I guess using the gym for free is a perk? at my piano job it's like, "you don't have a pen? well eff you."

spike - I will never get rid of my back fat or stomach flab.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I will never get rid of my back fat or stomach flab.

Oh me neither, but I like to see shadows of muscles under my pudge. Nobody in my family looks like Jillian Michaels, I am not kidding myself lol. Even at my lightest (124 lbs 5'5") I still had stomach and arm pudge while looking too skinny in my neck/face.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I saw this gif of Jennifer Lawrence shaking her batwing at the Oscars and I'm grateful that at least I don't have batwings.

superspike113

Honorary Old

I saw this gif of Jennifer Lawrence shaking her batwing at the Oscars and I'm grateful that at least I don't have batwings.

I like that Jennifer Lawrence is pretty real looking. I have arm chubs and that little blob of fat between my armpit and boob. I don't care enough to change it though. I'm just hoping my 2 days of lifting a week will help stave off osteoporosis so I don't shrink several inches like my grandma. Also can't be bad for the heart disease and 'beetus that runs in my family.

running eh

zorbs - you must be up with a little of the entertainment world.  I had to google Jennifer Lawerence.  I had heard the name, but I didn't know what she looked like and I have no idea what she stars in.  Wink

ernie - How did the recovery run feel?  Hilarious about the catfish.  S is such a ham!  I have never had catfish and I haven't made any sort of fish since the beginning of this pregnancy - the thought turns my stomach.

mer - do you eat leftovers everyday for lunch?  I enjoy leftovers in my lunch too.   My DH, on the otherhand, has been eating the same two sandwiches in his lunch since I met him.  So sweet about your boys.  Hope your meetings go quickly tonight!

RG - exciting about a new class!  Sounds like a fun one!  Were you able to run more than that same 1/4 mile loop this morning!  Funny about DS picking at your lashes.

CA - yay for free snacks!  What kind of snacks are you talking about?  Sometimes at our work we get the leftovers from the catering trays they have for meetings.  Nothing like slimy cheese and soft crackers.  Poor O - hope tonight is better for her.  Glad you slept in a bit this morning.  It's tough being up so long with the kids!

spike - that dam talk is way over my head, but I am glad it is not as bad as they are making it out to be.  Will DH be involved in building the coffer dam?  Yay for muscle definition!  Someday I would like to see a shadow of my abs Wink  Hope DH makes you something delish!