Womens Running

Extra GUAC Tuesdays! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hey, its another National Day...National AVOCADO day! YUMMMMYYY

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me. Body pump tonight.

It took all I had to get out of bed this morning. Mentally drained. I knew I would feel better after a run, and I did. Pretty warm out there but no rain today. Just humid. I am liking the shorter distances this week Smile

Going to try my best to get through this day with no tears! No promises though. Haven't spoken to my parents since yesterday - I responded to their email and they told me I said "hurtful things". I did not, I was just honest. I walked away from my response email several times and took things out. I was respectful and appreciative but also firm on how we are feeling and would like things done. It will always be our fault though. Always.

Florist went well! I am pretty sure she is going to stay within the budget. And our budget is low for a florist - ha. I think she is up and coming which is why she is kinda cheaper. But she had some great ideas! I can't wait to see her proposal!

Diane – Completely agree on sitting down and talking about the budget. We kind of already did that. The email stemmed from us offering to pay the overages. Not sure why that is an issue? Ugh. LOL at the "im tired" HAHA. I struggle with that too sometimes with HCF.

Kilmisters – I have been wondering where you have been! Ugh, sorry about the budget issue. Keep your eye on the prize – aka vacation. I agree about running – that is probably the only thing keeping you sane! It keeps us all sane! Wow, nice job on the race Saturday. Those weather conditions sound AWFUL. You must have raced pretty hard – which any running whatsoever would be considered “hard” in those temperatures! And you had such a LONG day!!! No wonder you were feeling like crud on Sunday. I am not sure I would have been able to do 8 miles after that haha. Nice job! Hang in there with the work stuff!!

Run4kupcakes – MMMM cupcakes. Completely agree that parents should have a say! We are just baffled as to why they are refusing our contributions when the budget goes over. They also want to be at every single vendor meeting..and I think some things should be done just HCF and I.  It’s a mess. Hey, maybe you should strip down in the kitchen more often… Wink

Happy AVOCADO Day!!!! Smile Smile Smile

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Rest day for me, I was so tired this morning, felt like I got hit by a train and I have no idea why.  I think I was just sleeping really deeply.  I feel better now.

Lizzie - my DD made guacamole the other day and it was delish.  In fact, it's gone already LOL.  Sorry to hear about the difficulty in dealing with your parents over the wedding budget,  Hopefully, they will get over it somewhat in a couple of days and then maybe you all can sit down and talk out the budget and what their expectations are, etc.  Hang in there!!

Docket_Rocket

Every day is national avocado day in my house!  I eat one avocado a day and have done that forever and ever. That's why my cholesterol is 216 but it's all because the good cholesterol is super high, lol.

I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.  And my BP was through the roof yesterday so hubby has doubled the dose AGAIN. -_-

Liz, glad you woke up and ran then.

Laura, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Cathy - hooray for an easier week!  Oh man, I love the fair.  The MN State Fair is pretty huge around here and opens on Aug 23rd.  I can't wait.  Although I pass on all that deep fried sweet stuff.  I've never even tried a deep fried Twinkie haha.  Yep, H and H is a comin back for the weekend.  Planning to sneak my long run in Friday morning to avoid it.  Hope it isn't too bad for DDs trail race!  I gotta say I love you guys on here because it makes me not feel like quite such a weirdo with the hours I keep 

Laura - love to see you posting again a bit more   Good girl taking the rest day!  Oh man, that sounds like your alarm went off in the middle of a deep sleep cycle - the WORST!  Glad you are feeling better.  Sometimes that makes me sluggish all day.

Kat - haha we need to figure out a way for the beasts to be more useful, right?  Instead, the kit kat dropped a deuce on the little carpet by the patio door this morning.  Still struggling with constipation, I believe.  It's gross because it's poo but super easy to clean up so I can't complain too much.  Laughing at your productive nap haha.  You are working just 2 hours a day?  That doesn't seem too bad at all.  It must go fast.

Lizzie - awwww, sweets, I'm sorry for the drama with your parents.  Hopefully you can have an adult conversation to set expectations and such.  Frustrating!  Hey, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for running the same (almost) distance today as the almighty Lizzie!!    LOL  Nice job, girl, and enjoy the cutback week.  Glad the florist is going to work out!  Seems like once you get these vendors picked and such you may get a bit of a break from the planning and drama?  But, what do I know.  Laughing at HCF wanting a little action - all I can imagine (well, if it's like what I am like after a run) is how slippery with sweat it would be!   LOL

Karen - I like the chores on a Monday which is a rest day plan.  Gives you more energy for chores, right?!  Plus, I love how you can wash clothes, cook dinner and vacuum all while surfing the Internet!  That always makes me laugh.  Oooh, yeah, cannot watch tv after 9pm or I'd fall asleep immediately.  Heck most days lately I'm WELL asleep by then.  They are redoing the road by my house and those big machines were running until almost 8pm last night!  I was getting GRUMPY!

Elina! - glad you could pop in.  How you manage everything you've got going on is amazing!  Sorry the budget is causing chaos.  Glad you are surviving by running and beer.  Kinda funny - my former RB that is currently injured has not been running at all and does not drink.  I had to ask her the other day how she manages her stress since those are the two things I use!  Awesome race and congrats!  Wow, that sounds tough.  I mighta crumbled.  Oh okay, more than mighta, I woulda!  When is your half again?  Are you enjoying your training plan?

Damaris - oh no on the BP!!  Other than genetics do you know if there is something that triggers it?  It sounds scary!  Do you feel any different?

I do love a good avocado.  Reminds my of when I was in the Peace Corps and would buy them through the bus windows along with bread and tomato.  Take the salt pack from the boiled egg sellers and YUM sandwich!  I just saw that avocados are also in season so I will have to get a couple.  I love them but don't buy them often because I am lazy to cut them up.  I should be embarrassed to say that but.... haha

I got the Jeep back!  They called about 5pm yesterday so I immediately hopped on my bike and hustled down there before they closed.  $839.  Gulp.  But, now it's fixed and that's probably only 2 car payments.  It's a dirty filthy mess from sitting outside near a bunch of road construction so I'll probably run it through the car wash later.

Oh, running, yeah haha  7mi with hills.  Took the hilly route and pushed it on the uphills, recovered on the down.  Cool and sweaty.  Planning to get my long run in Friday morning again this week before the H and H returns on Saturday.

Have a good Tuesday!!

dhuffman63

Trails

3 on the hotel TM this morning...had to get up at 5 as there's only 2 in there.  Stupid thing shuts down every 30 min so only got 3 in.

I've never had avocado as I'm not partial to green gooey food.

Have to go get started on the fixed assets...sigh I so don't want to be here.  And yeah I'm pretty tired of the "I'm tired" comments.

ginnyb

For whatever reason I have been feeling unusually energetic since Sunday, wish I knew why.  45 minutes with trainer this morning and I felt really good.  Pushed that darn sled thing with 100 pound weight on it, first time.  I did it, albeit very slowly .  Ran high knees and my legs weren't tired at all, I don't know what is going on.  How come I never feel this way before a Half marathon or during one?

I love Avocado, especially on toast with everything but the bagel seasoning!  Yum!  Now I think I need a snack.

Sandy, yay on getting the jeep back!  Repairs payment is still much better then starting new car payments!

Diane..good job on the hotel TM!  At least you did it.

Damaris, I don't like having to take BP medicine either, but I don't get any side effects, so lucky there.  I have high good cholesterol too, borderline bad, but Dr. says the good outweighs the bad, so I will take his work for it.

Lizzie, glad you felt good after your run.  I hope you straighten things out with your parents.  I think once you sit down and talk with them it will be okay....you know they love you!  Any more thoughts on the 2nd job?

LC, I will try and send you some of my energy.  Watch, tomorrow I will wake up and feel like crap!

Elina, you sure do juggle a lot of things!  I am impressed how well you handle it.  I forget how young you are, you really seem to have it all together, although you don't think so at times.

Heat and humidity are supposed to return this week.  Not complaining, it's almost August, my warm days are numbered!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all. 7 miles for me this morning - that seems to be the mileage of the day. One of those miles was with Riley. We ran around the lake and there were quite a few dogs out in their backyards to run along with. All went well until he saw Lucy, the St. Bernard. He took off hard and I had to either let go of the leash or get pulled down...he had been making such great progress. I grabbed the leash back and yelled at him but he was so excited I don't know that it did much good. We had to walk a little bit after that before running again, because he overdid it there. Sigh. The rest of the run (3 miles before, 3 miles after) was fine. Hot and humid (80 degrees when I got up at 6:30 again). Next couple mornings it's supposed to get down to the low 70s - I can hardly wait and am going to do a long run on one of them.

I'm heading over to Target in a little bit, plus stopping by OTF to freeze my membership. I haven't been using it, but not sure I want to quit. Don't want to keep paying $59/month for something I'm not using though. That's all I have planned, who knows what this afternoon will bring.

Liz, hang in there. I wonder if your parents have any idea how stressed out and upset they are making you. I have to guess no, because they love you and wouldn't intentionally hurt you that way. I don't know your parents and I realize family dynamics are different  for everyone, but maybe if you told them calmly that you were in tears yesterday they would back off or at least be a little nicer about it. No matter what, this whole planning process will come to an end and you and HCF can live the rest of your lives together in peace. Just remember that.

Laura, it seems weird to see you posting a rest day, but I like it. I hate when the alarm goes off and I'm in the middle of a deep sleep - getting up and going is disorienting and hard.

Damaris, that sucks on the BP issues. I hope you get everything straightened out and you are back to normal soon.

Sandy, nice job on the hilly run! I am trying to get to the hilly park once/week now that I've found it. And yay for getting the Jeep back! Yep, still cheaper than 5-7 years of car payments.

Diane, nice job on the 3. I find it harder to get workouts in when traveling, so kudos to you for getting up early and getting it done.

Ginny, wow, nice workout today after nice runs the last few days and awesome on the extra energy. Take advantage of this feeling and enjoy it!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

52 min fartlek this morning, about 5.3 miles.  About 60 degrees when I went out, so it was cool.  But 100% humidity.  I could feel the moisture from the air on my legs while running.  Weird.  Very different than running in the same temps in the fall!   I am running the trail 5K with DD this weekend.  I'm hoping she will do the last 2 races on her own.  She is thinking of doing the series next year and it gets pricey when both of us run!    This weekend's course is the most technical and 2nd hilliest in the series, it's also a 3.78 mile 5K.  Should be fun.    Afterwards RB's wife is throwing a surprise bday party for him at the finish line.  He's running the half marathon though, so we will be waiting for a while!   There is a lake there though, so I will tell DD to bring her swimsuit!

Lizzie, DD loves avocados.  She's been eating them a lot, and making guacamole.  Nice run!  Still sounds like a lot of miles to me.     As for your parents, you will always be the kid, so they will always know better.    I'm sure they mean well.  Maybe your mom feels inadequate because they can't pay for your entire wedding the way that you want it.  Even though you paying for the extra makes sense.  My parents were always difficult, particularly my mom.  One of the reasons I went to school out of state!    But she's mellowed out a lot.  That's great that the florist meeting went well!  It seems that you should be more tired than HCF.  

Laura, my DD enjoys making guacamole.  Works out well.    Enjoy the rest day!  Glad you feel better!

Damaris, you have eaten a lot of avocados.    Ugh on the high BP.  Hope the workouts go well!

Sandy, the WI State Fair starts Thursday!  We've had all the smaller county fairs the past few weeks.  I usually am not a fan of the deep fried sweet stuff.  Things on a stick are also big here.     I pass on the deep fried Twinkies also.  My DD doesn't mind the work involved with eating avocado.  Weird kid.    Yay on getting the Jeep back!  Pricey, but hopefully it will be good to go for awhile!   Nice hills this morning!

Diane, nice job getting up early for the TM!  Sucks that it shut down after 30 minutes.

Ginny, it's great that you have been feeling good!  Wow on the sled!  That is amazing!

Karen, wow, sounds like a fun run for you this morning!  I tried running a short distance with my friend's dog once.  But she gets super excited that she can run and she is FAST.  My kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day.  Last year they did a weird thing where they started school the Thursday before Labor Day weekend.  I'm glad they didn't do that this year!  Yes, the padded bike shorts are a necessity.  I sometimes wear them underneath some longer, loose shorts!   Haha, DH and I like to make fun of the people in full cycling kits.    Even though DH has a nice road bike with the clip pedals he does not wear a kit.  My older co-worker rides a lot and I always joke that he should wear a kit.  He's about 6'6 and over 200 pounds.

Elina, I was wondering how you were doing!  Yes, with all that stress you need to keep running!  Wow, that sounds like a tough race!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning all!  -  Chipotle is giving away free guac today ladies!

Lizzie, I hope today is a better day.  Glad your run cheered you up.  Funny how they can do that.  Smile  Yay on the florist.

Laura, I had a HBT (hit by train) the other night.

Damaris, that is a lot of avocados.  They are yummy though.  Mmmm.

Sandy, weeknights I only work in 2 hour shifts.  Weekends are 6 hours.  So, I can max at 20 hours a week.  I was only at 32 before.  I make more an hour doing contractor work - but no benefits and all the taxes are up to me.  Hooray on getting the jeep back, even though it was expensive.  Great hill work!

Diane, great job getting up early.  Yawn...

Ginny, awesome on the energy.  WOW on pushing that thing around.  You are a better woman than me.

Karen, nice 7.  Naughty pup!

Cathy, sounds like a fun weekend race!  What a sweet wife to through a party.

Just got back from 5 miles of walking.  Last mile was the best.  I started out a bit rough.  Around 3/4 of a mile my back started hurting, so I turned around and did a bunch of short out and backs in case it got worse.  Luckily it went away.  I made a make-shift plan for Brazos.  Don't know how well it will work, but we shall see.  I am going to do the 50K in Nov. That will be my peak run.  Diane and I have chatted and think we will be similarly paced for it and should do well together encouraging each other.

Yesterday was quiet all day, but that was fine.  Today will be quiet as well.

That's all folks!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy I started that damn thing right back up...I wasn't done yet.  No one else was in there.  It's a very small fitness center.

Lizzie, not sure how he can be so tired as he has an office job and is 7 years younger than me

Sandy glad you got the Jeep back...did they indicate there was any other work needed?  My deer "encounter" cost the insurance company over $12 grand...and the RAV4 cost just $4 grand more...they probably should have totaled it but the frame wasn't damaged and the airbags didn't deploy.  I do hope they are indeed operational, there's been too many problems to date with them.

Karen I'm so OCD that if my schedule has a workout then I have to do it or have anxiety...I believe Lizzie is like that too.  I really did want to just reset the alarm and go back to sleep.  With my next 50k only 32 days away I have to stay on top of mileage.

Kat we WILL get through it and we'll have fun too.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – Enjoy that rest day! I sometimes feel like that after a hard nights sleep!

Docket – Oh man, sorry about the BP.Sad

Sandy – Are you really too lazy to cut them up!? LOL. You are too funny. YAY on the Jeep!!! That is great news!! That is expensive, but its better than being broken down on the side of the road with NO Davis Tire in sight!  Smile We are mileage twins today!  Smile I am not almighty hahahaha. So, I am hoping since you are getting cooler weather that it is heading this way! HEAD THIS WAY NOW. LOL. Just kidding. I don’t think there is an end in sight for us.

Diane – Nice job on the 3! Frustrating that the treadmill shut off! You have never had GUAC????? Oh yes, if I don’t do a workout I get anxiety! FOR SURE!

Ginny – Maybe the new shoes have given you some energy!  Smile Wow, nice workout this morning!! Still mulling over the potential 2nd job. I guess we have to see what the outcome of this argument is. Enjoy your heat and humidity. Ugh, you can have ours!

Karen – Nice 7 today! Oh boy. That could have ended bad with Riley! Are they friendly to each other?? How long are you going this week? 16? I thought I read that number from you earlier.

Cathy – Nice miles this morning! I felt the moisture on my legs this morning, too! I first thought it was a spider web.Smile  I think I was on edge because I killed a rather large one in the garage with Lysol. Awe, the race and post race are going to be fun!! What a great idea for a surprise party Smile Very good point about my mom. That could be the case. YES, you would think I would be more tired than HCF..but NO. I swear that boy falls asleep within 5 seconds of closing his eyes. I hate him because I am jealous. LOL. I want to try some of DDs guac!!!

Kathryn – Have a good day at work! Nice job on the 5 miles of walking. YAY for race sign up!!!

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Since I missed out on the cheescake cupcakes, I made sure to put some guac on my veggie burger for dinner. 9 miles with some intervals that got progressively faster. Probably got a little carried away on the last one.

LCRuns, I'm not sure if it's worse having the alarm go off when you're in deep sleep or when you are in the middle of a dream. I'm not a fan of the alarm ether way.